Galactic war is garbage

Prev1
After the halfway point is it really fair to fight all 60s that are all purple gear 5* plus? Between the kylo rens and sidious denying heals every match it's getting rediculous. Not to mention the dookus. Most frustrating mode in a game I've ever seen.

Replies

• joelightyear
    237 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are many threads on here about how to play GW... 3 healers, use retreat, rotating squad etc..
    It's not meant to be easy. Heck, I'd played it a few times early on without realising I could target individual characters!
    Now I clear it every day, today I got my 1st full 7* (fully geared opponent) at stage 5. Almost used my full squad by the end.
    Hang in there, you'll figure it out.
    Hope this helps.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • joelightyear
    237 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Really? you can't say heck on here?
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    haha
  • Options
    Trust me when I say Ive exhausted all possible options. There's only so much you can do
  • Options
    OP has a point about GW. Mines gotten so I'm hitting repeated level 60 max gear near all 7* characters between the last half and 75% of the GW table.
  • Options
    I use two healers. I lose them at node ten and that's were it get really crazy for me.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Keep working at it. It's not supposed to be easy. There are plenty of tools at your disposal and once your own team has maxed level 60s the enemies' don't matter as much.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Well the only reason I came to the forums today was because of getting stymied at the fourth fight I mean I'm level 56 how do I get put up against a level 50 with his max character level being 48, takes out 2 of my healers on third fight then puts me up against a level 56 on the fourth fight, that's a lot of resources to lose out on because of some wacky matchmaking, and my team was fully healed going into the third fight, my heals may not have been ready but there's no reason I should have suffered so many casualties in that fight it was way out of wack.
  • Options
    Galactic War has a ton of rewards so its not supposed to be easy. It gives people incentive to train theie B and C teams
  • Doj
    27 posts Member
    Options
    @Venator_83 and @Powerlifter450

You retreat at any point after opponents has 1 character turn. So, if you are able to have several characters have turns before opponents majority team, retreat and relaunch. Rinse and repeat. Always have your healers come in at the end to heal up and stay to allow turn cool down to occur. Never never fight a full 60 team without retreating several times. You will always lose.

• Options
    But gw seems to get a lot a lot harder last few days. I have 10 maxed lvl 60 chars purple chars wuth maxed gear and lost twice last week. One node left. Havent happened that in three weeks.

Today i had, from node 5, **** matchup after matchup. Yes i use healers, retreat. But in one node i lost three guys in a blink of sec out of nowhere. Like his guys attacked in a row Like mine didnt exists.

Something is wrong with retreat. It was fastest guys goes first before. Now im not sure. On one node my Leia should go before his Daka. Only logical explanation that turn metter did not reset.. And it was slaughter.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I guess GW is not for garbage..

Retreat after you killed one of their hero,
    Retreat once Cheww use his taunt. after you come back you can kill their healer/Sid.

• Options
    The trick to beating it is to have cannon fodder characters that you can send in to absorb the strongest skills from the enemy team. The AI always uses the strongest attacks/AoE skills on the first turn. The enemy tanks also almost always taunt on the first turn. After those skills are expended, retreat and send in your main team. With all of the enemy's strongest skills on cooldown and no taunts available, focus fire the primary damage threats and you can clear it pretty easily.
  • Options
    @Doj , I have almost 54 characters. 42 are level 60. You start encountering very fast teams. Teams that get multiple hits off before you get a chance to move. If you retreat and return on a team with Sid you get hit immediately upon return. Phasma teams are hitting up to 5 times before you can move once. I'm a soft launch daily player. I know how to play. I'm elaborating on my experience.
  • Options
    Its lame and gimmicky.

retreat/retreat/retreat
  • Options
    @Doj , I have almost 54 characters. 42 are level 60. You start encountering very fast teams. Teams that get multiple hits off before you get a chance to move. If you retreat and return on a team with Sid you get hit immediately upon return. Phasma teams are hitting up to 5 times before you can move once. I'm a soft launch daily player. I know how to play. I'm elaborating on my experience.

It's true that you will encounter speed teams. But what will happen is that your cannon fodder will eat Sid's AoE and Phasma's AoE + Slow attack. When you retreat and return with your main team the other team might still get some attacks in first due to their speed, but they will all be basic attacks which your team should be able to handle and you can focus down their key characters before their big hitting cooldowns come back up. The only way they would be getting multiple turns before you without the help of Phasma's AoE slow (since your cannon fodder ate that one) is if you filled your team full of really slow characters.
  • Options
    I'll have to check on the speed of some of these guys. I have around 15-20 main guys and the rest are glop.
  • Options
    Venator_83 wrote: »
    After the halfway point is it really fair to fight all 60s that are all purple gear 5* plus? Between the kylo rens and sidious denying heals every match it's getting rediculous. Not to mention the dookus. Most frustrating mode in a game I've ever seen.

STOP WHINING WHINERS.......IT HAPPENED TO ME AND OTHERS ALSO...after round 6..round 7 onwards are lvl 60 and purple gears...BUT I DO NOT FIND ANY DIFFICULTIES...ONLY MORE CHALLENGING...JUST QUIT THE GAME WITH YOUR WEAK AND BELOW AVERAGE TEAM....
  • Options
    Doj wrote: »
    @Venator_83 and @Powerlifter450

You retreat at any point after opponents has 1 character turn. So, if you are able to have several characters have turns before opponents majority team, retreat and relaunch. Rinse and repeat. Always have your healers come in at the end to heal up and stay to allow turn cool down to occur. Never never fight a full 60 team without retreating several times. You will always lose.

I'm pretty sure this is an exploit as an unintended feature of retreat, you shouldn't have your Turn meters reset obviously so either A) They need to address it and fix it in the next patch or B) Make an official statement about it because in Need for Speed World you could get extra boosts in drag races by double shifting, obvious glitch cause I double dog dare you to downshift at 8k rpms, but it was never officially dubbed a glitch/exploit until 5th and final year of the game by Fixnow, currently battlefield 4 community manager. Now we have a very similar grey area fine line thing going on and it would help to get some official clarification. I understand people just feel its a feature of the game but I don't see why you should get a reward for retreating. I knew something fishy was going on.
  • Options
    Galatic War is fine. As mentioned above it is not meant to be easy farming for everyone. Just takes a little skill. I have not payed a dime on my account and I clear it every day. Just look at what comp you are going against and change your team accordingly. For those whining about running into purple sixties, this is expected the game has been out for awhile. Remember the cool downs are not refreshed for your opponents just as they are not for you. If you see a nasty purple 60's team. Send in a few level 30's ( any low lvl guys) get them to burn powerful cool downs wipe. Then take your heavy hitting team in.
  • Options
    Why are people still talking about this? It's been solved. Read the forums. I haven't lost in weeks. It's ridiculously easy.
  • Options
    After I 1st cleared it, I won it 5 straight times. Since then I'm about 30%. The other day I lost JC and Maul on 3rd stage before I had a chance to use them or drop a heal. Sometimes its very easy, but more often I die with 2 stages to go. I have 6 60s, 5 of them purple and all 4 to 6 star. I have another 5 lvl 50+.
  • Options
    I dont mind that its hard to beat, games get boring fast when its a mindless daily grind.
  • Options
    Up until I read the guide on here, I'd failed 7 times in a row. Once I read it and learned I could retreat and to have Barriss as the leader it became so much easier and I've now completed it twice in a row. My team is;

4* Barriss
    5* Boba
    5* Luke
    4* Sid
    4* Chewie

I run with that pretty much throughout and only have to sub 3-4 times per GW campaign.
  • Options
    Gw is easy.
    I got all 60s after 5 match.
    Cuz i'm in 60.
    But i did't lost any toon until end of gw.
    If there is not gw, we cannot get tons of toons
  • Options
    Well the AI team should be able to retreat and sub players as well if you want to keep it fair.
  • Options
    There are many threads on here about how to play GW... 3 healers, use retreat, rotating squad etc..
    It's not meant to be easy. Heck, I'd played it a few times early on without realising I could target individual characters!
    Now I clear it every day, today I got my 1st full 7* (fully geared opponent) at stage 5. Almost used my full squad by the end.
    Hope this helps.

No. You are not understanding. For example, this was the result of STARTING a match with every one of my chars at *7, max HP, max gear and max abilities. When I got my FIRST move of my FIRST turn, I looked like this:

image.jpg

The SECOND the restart/retreat is disallowed, it becomes impossble to advance. Again note I disn't even get a chance to do anything and I am already dead.

• Options
    Galactic War has been getting harder for me and the reason is I'm fighting fewer teams with Barriss in them. She was my health refill station.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hope this helps.

No. You are not understanding. For example, this was the result of STARTING a match with every one of my chars at *7, max HP, max gear and max abilities. When I got my FIRST move of my FIRST turn, I looked like this:

image.jpg

The SECOND the restart/retreat is disallowed, it becomes impossble to advance. Again note I disn't even get a chance to do anything and I am already dead.

dammm man you are level 60 but still having difficulties against GW....so sad...so many weak lvl 60 then...PUT 3 HEALERS and 2 dps or 1 dps and 1 boost dps and you will be fine...some teams are good ONLY for PVP not for GW..including your team...Dont forget about force close and retreat...

ps: the system does not allows you to retreat before all your characters take their turn at least once..

your team SUCKS for GW (sorry, its true)...talia and IG-86 are NOT SUITABLE for many rounds fight....duuuuuh....
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hope this helps.

image.jpg

I got 10 crates open yesterday never needed to retreat, I didnt even know you could retreat until today, never needed to, I got 2 teams, when one team is spent I send in whats left, I like to call em "The night crew", lol. But as it is Im still working em up and they are good for maybe one or 2 more boxes at best. I think the problem is the horrendous requirements for winning GW in its current state. It is certainly geared toward pushing sales that's for sure. Because like I said, think about it if the AI team was able to retreat whenever you did and sub out players, then it would be even more difficult but as it is you have to move on with what you got left for a team but that's not saying that if the enemy team won they wouldn't have had to. So subbing out is like gaining an unfair advantage over the AI is it not?
    AndyChrono wrote: »
    The trick to beating it is to have cannon fodder characters that you can send in to absorb the strongest skills from the enemy team. The AI always uses the strongest attacks/AoE skills on the first turn. The enemy tanks also almost always taunt on the first turn. After those skills are expended, retreat and send in your main team. With all of the enemy's strongest skills on cooldown and no taunts available, focus fire the primary damage threats and you can clear it pretty easily.

But this was the best advice I think, and I cant say that I thought of it before because I wasn't exactly sure why and how some teams attacked first and others not so much, this is all new to me I'm an FPS'er, but it makes sense to let them blow their load on some insignificants then go, oh we were just kidding heres the real crew you gotta fight, lol, should work for maybe one crate.