Predictions on time gap between Level 80 to 90.

Prev1
Baldo
2863 posts Member
edited May 2016
How long do you guys think they will give us from now until 90?

Predictions on time gap between Level 80 to 90. 130 votes

1 Month
8%
Sticare_Courts_0073vincentlondonAraedonPresident_ScroobPetrozzaJonWonKenobiDarth_Jay77Jayprice15HobnobMefi_ITASpeeedDarkwalkers 11 votes
3 Months
46%
Syth_HunterdarksidebombbadassEthanesusRogan_Ban84ReyalpRobbathehuttMofojokers1992LiamLiammoHangfireLondoJaybayblayGwonkSpartanGhosttajienaInternetSwagJ0K3RMikymateStarNickRulexjedii_2040 60 votes
6 Months
33%
cosmicturtle333IvoB1987mccif16TakdogtrainercabenacrowDaysOfYoreRomao33BaldoDumbledoreObi1_master1LegoLegs_RAYRAYNortikka_aikarajuuFinalGreyJediAce5Dooku_for_daysVampyrchiefLoafdawg83ModeratusImperialis 43 votes
1 Year.
12%
UshoAdamWJaceousprimePyroPuffsupachaiSaug77BluestarZanhaepVVSltriggalLAWS_R4_COWARDSAu5t1nrenato4571Malakidanika1337Wholf 16 votes

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    6 Months
    I think we should get 6 months, unless they ease the gear & credit grind some how.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    3 Months
    End of the game in 5.
    {RotE}
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    LaLiam wrote: »
    End of the game in 5.

@LaLiam 5 Months?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    3 Months
    Baldo wrote: »
    End of the game in 5.

@LaLiam 5 Months?

Yep, if the do what they did this time- cap to 90 in 3 months, player base esp whales will be bored by 5, nothing left to do.

They need to really pull something out of the bag, perhaps GvG but still doesnt look promising
    {RotE}
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    End of the game in 5.

@LaLiam 5 Months?

Yep, if the do what they did this time- cap to 90 in 3 months, player base esp whales will be bored by 5, nothing left to do.

They need to really pull something out of the bag, perhaps GvG but still doesnt look promising

Progression is only becoming slower and slower whales do not want to rush up to 90. Majority of their toons will be useless with this amount of time, since the gear is not ready to proceed they would be lucky to have 20 of them geared max.

Some guys have 60+ 7* using a third of your resources just isn't fun. Plus the gear at 90 is ridiculous!!
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    I fear that they'll raise the cap as soon, or short after, I'm level 80.
    As a f2p, I'd really appreciate the option to level and gear some more toons instead of racing to another level cap with the handful I've got now.
    I'd rather have more content (but please, not on an "amount of time spent in GW now" level!), than another cap raise.
    But yea, they probably want to satisfy the whales first, which is understandable.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    I don't see this pleasing many whales.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    But it pleases EA, as they want to stay competitive, spending $$$ on refills to level up faster.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    But it pleases EA, as they want to stay competitive, spending $$$ on refills to level up faster.

Why if you're at the max level currently would you be worried about that. Levels don't even phase anyone in arena anymore unless you're like 5+ ahead it's all about gear now.

Rushing the Level cap when all this gear is needed and it only gets more difficult to acquire after 80 would be an utter mistake. Even whales need time to get gear and work on toons.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    More levels = new gear, new challenges, new ability levels.

Being, let's say, level 84 a few days before the others, being able to beat challenges, get gear and get your abilities to new levels earlier is, imho, not an utter mistake, but quite the opposite.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months

Being, let's say, level 84 a few days before the others, being able to beat challenges, get gear and get your abilities to new levels earlier is, imho, not an utter mistake, but quite the opposite.

Abilities are already capped? Getting to 84 will take over a month even for whales they're slowing down this game on purpose. It probably caps at 100. So why would they rush it to end game?

It would be an utter mistake to end this game and rush out levels when there are two more movies coming out not including rogue all which will have new characters that will be introduced.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Please, no more level cap rises for a while. I thought the point of this game was to build a varied roster, there is so much to do here. Raising the level cap forces people to focus on just one team and it absolutely turns off new players (who realise they could never possibly catch up).
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Please, no more level cap rises for a while. I thought the point of this game was to build a varied roster, there is so much to do here. Raising the level cap forces people to focus on just one team and it absolutely turns off new players (who realise they could never possibly catch up).

It turns off people from spending because you can only do a few teams. So why would anyone go ham on chromiums to use 20 characters out of 80?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    3 Months

It would be an utter mistake to end this game and rush out levels when there are two more movies coming out not including rogue all which will have new characters that will be introduced.

I did not think of it like that, that may mean it could go on for years if they manage it with care for the consumer.
    {RotE}
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options

Abilities are already capped? Getting to 84 will take over a month even for whales they're slowing down this game on purpose. It probably caps at 100. So why would they rush it to end game?

I don't know and I don't care. But I'm quite sure they'll rush it. I see no reason for somebody who spent thousands of dollars already to say "nah, it's ok if I'm at rank 235 in arena. I'll just slow down my progress on purpose".
    If you are better informed on that topic, are a whale yourself or are in contact with such people than you know more than I am.
    But as I said, I'm pretty sure about that and ultimately, I don't care. I just hope they hold off the level cap for some time.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months

I did not think of it like that, that may mean it could go on for years if they manage it with care for the consumer.

@LaLiam Exactly :). This is why there is a level cap. I think they will space it out greatly more and more each time.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    6 Months

I don't know and I don't care. But I'm quite sure they'll rush it. I see no reason for somebody who spent thousands of dollars already to say "nah, it's ok if I'm at rank 235 in arena. I'll just slow down my progress on purpose".
    If you are better informed on that topic, are a whale yourself or are in contact with such people than you know more than I am.
    But as I said, I'm pretty sure about that and ultimately, I don't care. I just hope they hold off the level cap for some time.

Why would the big spenders of this game be ranked out of the top 10 in arena? That doesn't happen they have every character meaning they are literally META. You're not making sense at all.
    Post edited by Baldo on
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Sorry your points are god awful.... Why would the big spenders of this game be ranked out of the top 10 in arena? That doesn't happen they have every character meaning they are literally META. You're not making sense at all.

= more powerful squad = better arena ranking.

No need to be rude, buddy.

As I said, if you're the expert, you're probably right and I'm wrong.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months

Sorry your points are god awful.... Why would the big spenders of this game be ranked out of the top 10 in arena? That doesn't happen they have every character meaning they are literally META. You're not making sense at all.

If you're capped at something and your characters are maxed there cannot be a more powerful squad.
  • Options
    3 Months
    2-3 months.

They will never stop and we will never catch up.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • yoda_san
    150 posts Member
    Options
    3 Months
    Just a wild guess based on absolutely nothing...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    It better not be for a while. CG needs to slow down and expand the game laterally with more content to give us a reason to play beyond reaching the next level cap. Many whale are tired and tapped out. In the last couple months we've seen:
    - Cap raise resulting in increased energy refills
    - Raid resulting in massive expansion/improvement of rosters as well a required long term increased refills to maximize guild currency
    - Two new premium toons (3 if you count that one or two week period where magmatrooper was chromium before unexpectedly moved to GW). One toon was aurodium/chromium and the other chromium only resulting in even greater spending for those willing
    - Direct purchase gear which gates progression and only available via RNG with exponentially increasing costs for additional rolls

That's a lot in a very short period of time. Now it's time to take that money and put it towards content development.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    Telaan wrote: »
    It better not be for a while. CG needs to slow down and expand the game laterally with more content to give us a reason to play beyond reaching the next level cap. Many whale are tired and tapped out. In the last couple months we've seen:
    - Cap raise resulting in increased energy refills
    - Raid resulting in massive expansion/improvement of rosters as well a required long term increased refills to maximize guild currency
    - Two new premium toons (3 if you count that one or two week period where magmatrooper was chromium before unexpectedly moved to GW). One toon was aurodium/chromium and the other chromium only resulting in even greater spending for those willing
    - Direct purchase gear which gates progression and only available via RNG with exponentially increasing costs for additional rolls

That's a lot in a very short period of time. Now it's time to take that money and put it towards content development.

@Telaan exactly I think 6 months is good it gives some time to expand rosters. 3 months is just simply not enough considering if you're getting gear the free way (which I'm not) but regardless it will take over a month for a full piece. That is just nuts.
  • Options
    1 Month
    count on 1 month. i have a sneaking suspicion that EA is milking this game for all its worth before letting it die
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    count on 1 month. i have a sneaking suspicion that EA is milking this game for all its worth before letting it die

This game is a cash cow. They have open slots sitting there for other game modes it will be around awhile.
  • Options
    1 Month
    2 weeks
  • Options
    1 Month

This game is a cash cow. They have open slots sitting there for other game modes it will be around awhile.

I'm just not holding me breath for any new content that actually adds to the game. I bet they add another gear slot if anything. Their main goal is to increase the grind.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months

I'm just not holding me breath for any new content that actually adds to the game. I bet they add another gear slot if anything. Their main goal is to increase the grind.

Lmfao that's hilarious! @President_Scroob
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    6 Months
    2 weeks

Not a chance.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

What? They just introduced their first raid with endless possibilities for many more. We have a ton of really cool toons that have yet to be introduced with numerous new movies in the pipeline to periodically increase hype for the game. As much as I critique this game, I also recognize that this game has a long shelf life and is likely the flagship of Disney's Star Wars mobile gaming initiative.