Omega Event Update

Prev1
Karek77
292 posts Member
This update is not fair at all, last time when you released the update I wasnt able to play because I wasnt lvl 70 yet. Ive been playing less then 2 months and got myself to lvl 72 and finally would be ble to play the event and now you want to make it waaaaaay harder? So when I get myself to 78 you will make it so that only lvl 90 (new cap) will be able to play?!

This is not a game of catch

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You can enter the events at level 70.

Not sure what the problem is.
  • Options
    First off I'm at the same level you are.

How is this not fair? To me the only competition in the game is arena. Which means everyone one your server is in the same boat. Seems completely fair to me.

• Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    The update will be intended for people lvl +78 last I checked 78 is higher then 72
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You can still attempt it at level 70.

They were super easy before, you can probably still beat it at 70.
  • Veritasum
    755 posts Member
    Options
    Karek77 wrote: »
    The update will be intended for people lvl +78 last I checked 78 is higher then 72

Enemies are tuned to lvl 78. It is not a requirement for you to participate to be level 78. If you are already complaining about difficulty, then I guess it's a good head start and maybe some more will jump on so it gets handed out like Yoda within minutes instead of hours.
  • Options
    Karek77 wrote: »

Last I checked you should get your facts straight before being rude. It says tuned to level 78, not requiring level 78.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need to be level 78 to beat it. It's actually much worse than that this time around...you need level 78 toons to compete. Lol! Which basically means...get to level 80 if you want to see Omegas and are f2p!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Um, LS/DS missions that are "tuned" to level 78 are beatable by level 70 teams.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Um, LS/DS missions that are "tuned" to level 78 are beatable by level 70 teams.

Last time around i didn't complete it 2 days because i didn't have the necessary characters. This time around i need those characters to be at least let's say level 70 gear 7 right? Now i understand increases in difficulty, but there is a difference between jumps and leaps.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah gear 7 will probably be the minimum due to Protection.

You have always needed qualifying characters and level 70, that hasnt changed.

You could probably do it at 5*, though.

5*, G7, lvl 70 is not that big a deal.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    ...you need level 78 toons to compete.

That's not what the update says, chief.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Depends on which category of players you are addressing. If you're to say this to me...i would tell you, 'you are insane bud'. If you are saying that to i dunno, the person in my shard that is no1, then yea, he will tell you that you're probably right. This situation is purely hypothetical. Lol
  • Options
    First off I'm at the same level you are.

How is this not fair? To me the only competition in the game is arena. Which means everyone one your server is in the same boat. Seems completely fair to me.

+1
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    ...you need level 78 toons to compete.

That's not what the update says, chief.

My wording was exactly like in CT 5s case...I know what you're saying.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    where do people get all their info on these events ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Depends on which category of players you are addressing. If you're to say this to me...i would tell you, 'you are insane bud'. If you are saying that to i dunno, the person in my shard that is no1, then yea, he will tell you that you're probably right. This situation is purely hypothetical. Lol

You can probably do it at 4*, even.
    You could certainly try it at G6.

Is 4*, G6, lvl 70 still too much requirement for endgame ability materials?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

last time you could get the omega with a 3* lvl1 g0 toon in your squad.

but again, where do you find your information about this event ?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Timitock Yes.

But i have to say...i don't really care. I will be level 80 in like 12 days i think...i am not feeling any need to be OP. Maybe it's because i used Yoda so much in Arena haha. Do or Do Not!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @leef check the 17/05 update notes
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    The rich get richer. Such is life.

If your already ahead of the game, aka higher lvl, pre craft, and omegas, you will in turn get more, furthering the gap between leaders and lessers.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @leef check the 17/05 update notes

thnx
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

last time you could get the omega with a 3* lvl1 g0 toon in your squad.

but again, where do you find your information about this event ?

You still can, thats my point
  • Options
    OP, The update is completely fair. The part you don't seem to understand is that every event/function of the game is not intended for you. You can't have everything you want in the fastest time. You will get there when you are supposed to get there. Complaining about it doesn't level you up faster.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    DaysOfYore wrote: »
    OP, The update is completely fair. The part you don't seem to understand is that every event/function of the game is not intended for you. You can't have everything you want in the fastest time. You will get there when you are supposed to get there. Complaining about it doesn't level you up faster.

I already "got there", "there" being lvl 70 like they did last time with omega event.

They simply moved the bar further ahead and if from 55 to 70 I couldnt get to the "new there" Ill never be able to because next time it will be even further (70 to 80 will take forever)
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41121/upcoming-omega-events#latest

Only +75 will be able to do it, very very fair right???? this is ****
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    These posts are all the same.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    even when applicable, i think "you should get your facts straight" might be the most irritating and pedantic (and trite) phrase on the entire internet... how's that low-end intellectual superiority working out for you? gets u laid a lot?
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Never mind fair, how many Omegas do you plan to pickup? I ended up with 25 last time, wish I had done 50. So, how many are you planning to get?
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Me? None!

Last time I was lvl 50 something and this time Im lvl 72... Guessing next time Ill be lvl 80 and only people lvl 120 will be able to do it
  • Al_Jogor
    42 posts Member
    Options
    You need lvl 76 to use the Omegas, so lvl 75req seems fair.
    Azzazzimon