Spending real money

Prev1
My cousin and I are both on Level 75 and we started at the same time. I believe we play about the same amount of time. We both started on thanksgiving. Now we both have not paid a single dime on this game, and i was wondering if there were a lot of people out there that have not either. Because i look at some peoples characters and stuff and its like holly **** thats a lot of crystals and money.

Replies

• Options
    Some have spent. It's a wide range. From the mega whale to the parasite we all cohabit in this Eco system.
  • Options
    average money spend by players on this game is 1,002.64 $ :)

• Options
    seriously??? **** this game is free right??, Trust me its not like many times i have thought about it
  • Berdilio
    104 posts Member
    Options
    I was a whale when I first started playing I spent uh near the average heh.

I do feel foolish now as most of what I have I could have had for much less spending. It just goes a little slower but you are on the right track not spending. This game has become more fun since I no longer drop lots of money on it.

Though I did fork up to buy a furnace for rey. I no longer see the value in getting 7* chromium characters costs too much for a slight edge but an occasional crystal pack doesn't make cringe.

I can get rank 1 almost everyday at payout with mostly ftp team. Still be glad the are whales out there they pay the most to keep the game makers happy.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Spent a little around Christmas and then in January to get ahead of the grind pack. If you can get a GW farm team and a decent Arena team, you can farm crystals at a semi-slow pace. Also, that $10 for 21 days of 100 crystals is my coffee drink for two days out of the week. No biggy, an then you can open a chromium pack roughly every 10 days. Boom. No small fortunes necessary.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Hard to say, most people in top arena on my shard dont use a single p2p toon, all normally farmable stuff, the exception being one clone squad with rex.
  • Options

Lol seriously and those guys dont regret anything ? Or they are kids and they use their parent's credit card in secret ?
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    Options
    zero dollar and I able to completed with 120 gw winning streak at level 53 (check my signature).
    I got over 60 million credits and all those unused shardes. Most of the players that pend money are from impluse curiousity. After a month, I find this game boring, repeative and dull. Uninstall and didn't regreat a bit on my investment since I didn't spend a dime. That's my pledge and my challenge for every mobile game. Just imagine they're one night stand that cost you nothing.

Arrrr shiver me timber
  • Options
    Berdillio, Very true about the whales out there, never thought about it that they pay for me to play the game more and more. Thank goodness for WHALES!!!!
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    This game is expensive as monopoly!
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options

Lol seriously and those guys dont regret anything ? Or they are kids and they use their parent's credit card in secret ?

Let a little perspective in and allow that some people earn 100x as much income as you do. Ever spent $10 on a game?
  • Options
    ShaolinPunk, putting it that way i should spend money for heroes than give it to starbucks. Whats a GW Farm Team?? Can you choose an Arena team or is it your best guys??
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    gibby2762 wrote: »
    ShaolinPunk, putting it that way i should spend money for heroes than give it to starbucks. Whats a GW Farm Team?? Can you choose an Arena team or is it your best guys??

Haha! I love it! I mean, somedays, i'll pay for a coffee sure. But usually I don't. HOWEVER, if I choose to spend $10 a month, I don't consider it a problem, unless I only made like $50 a month (which I don't).

A good GW farm Team for me has been Jedi teams with healers, you got Jedi Consuler, Lumi, Ahsoka, Bariss, and lots of other synergies. A few months ago, Jedi were the largest faction of heroes, not sure if that's still true. So, GW teams are something that can survive several fights. IT got a bit harder after they added the protection bar.

Arena teams don't necessarily translate to GW longevity. Like, a droid burst team, killer in Arena, but after a few fights in GW, you'll have to change it up because they NEED heals.

I dunno. That's just how I play. It's not wrong or right. It's me. Wanna be friends? :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I broke out my wallet after unlocking Sid. By the time I got to 50 shards, I didn't even want him anymore, but oh well, I might as well finish.

Now let's buy the droid pack and double cantina/energy refreshes for a week to make up for lost time, lol. (I bought some Chromiums, too, and meh. Disappointing to say the least. Worth it if you have just started, but if you're lvl 60+, I wouldn't avise to start now. The rewards at this point are not much.)

Since then, it's (mostly) just the booster pack. Which helps a lot and is cheap enough for me. Considering my loss of productivity costs me hundreds of dollars a month, at least (!), the money spent is nothing.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    The booster pack is easily the best value for budget players looking to refresh a bit more often.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options

Haha! I love it! I mean, somedays, i'll pay for a coffee sure. But usually I don't. HOWEVER, if I choose to spend $10 a month, I don't consider it a problem, unless I only made like $50 a month (which I don't).

A good GW farm Team for me has been Jedi teams with healers, you got Jedi Consuler, Lumi, Ahsoka, Bariss, and lots of other synergies. A few months ago, Jedi were the largest faction of heroes, not sure if that's still true. So, GW teams are something that can survive several fights. IT got a bit harder after they added the protection bar.

Arena teams don't necessarily translate to GW longevity. Like, a droid burst team, killer in Arena, but after a few fights in GW, you'll have to change it up because they NEED heals.

I dunno. That's just how I play. It's not wrong or right. It's me. Wanna be friends? :)

If you made like 50 a month you would be homeless =P
  • Options
    Some of us just can man though once you unlock GG and have him at 7* you start to go wow i need to stop lol.
  • Options
    So I am about to go on my first raid, but i want to buff up my characters, don't know if it is worth to spend real money or not
  • Options
    So I am about to go on my first raid, but i want to buff up my characters, don't know if it is worth to spend real money or not

The best thing i can tell you as a so called Mega whale.

Don't.... man it starts just a little and keeps going and adding up. Unless your going in best to stay F2P.
  • Options

Don't.... man it starts just a little and keeps going and adding up. Unless your going in best to stay F2P.

So if we start at Tier 3 raid only have 5 members of the guild at average 70 how long would that take?
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options

There aren't really any ways to pay to instabuff your toons just before a raid, at least not without dropping probably four figures on chromiums to star everybody up, but even then you'd hit a daily gear wall that if I'm not mistaken no amount of real cash can get around. Toons are buffed gradually through shard collection, gear collection, and leveling. What you can do with a bit of money is increase the rate that all these things happen every day. Check out the booster pack on the crystals screen.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options

So if we start at Tier 3 raid only have 5 members of the guild at average 70 how long would that take?

Your real problem with 5 members is that it will take you a long time to earn the coins needed to start the raid.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    To assure you, I have never spent a penny on this game. But I can reach top 5 with one arena refresh, at the soft-launch server. You can have a look at my roster at swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »

Your real problem with 5 members is that it will take you a long time to earn the coins needed to start the raid.

We finally got the coins, took us 2 weeks, so we are ready to go, was wondering just how long??
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    5 days
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    seriously??? **** this game is free right??, Trust me its not like many times i have thought about it

Just stop it troll.
    Another f2p poser.

• KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options

We finally got the coins, took us 2 weeks, so we are ready to go, was wondering just how long??

Tok my previous 7 man team about 5 days to beat it with only one 78 level, 1 70ish level, and the rest 60 or below (some way below). I'd guess you'd be looking at about 5 days but its not just about level. Gear is huge obviously as is depth of roster
  • Options

Just stop it troll.
    Another f2p poser.

Many would say spending $1000 on a game that doesn't require money to win is...?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If you're going to spend real money, I suggest you spend it on at most one extra cantina refill per day (the 200 mark), and two extra energy refills per day (for 100). And buy every mk 5 furnace that you see until you have 10 of them, at least! (I have gotten 3, and it's glorious!) Then simply find the gear/shards you need and press SIM until you're done. Don't spend on node refreshes or shipment refreshes.

This way, you will get more for your money. But no instant gratification. It will take time to invest this money and build your toons.

The HARDEST part of this strategy is the cheapest way to buy crystals is the $100.00 megapack. And once you have those crystals staring you in the face 3 times a day, it is very hard to not buy Chromiums. The Chromiums are like $1 instant scratch tickets. The consistent energy refill route is like investing in the stock market. It's boring, but it pays off better in the long run.

Oh, it's also hard to not go ahead and buy a 400 crystal cantina refresh or a 200 energy refill. Especially when you're one gear piece or shard away from the next level. May the force be with you.

(This is more helpful the earlier in the game you do it. I did it myself, but haven't spent much since. If I graded myself on self-control, I would give myself a C-)
  • Options

Just stop it troll.
    Another f2p poser.

[/quo
    KelEl85 wrote: »

Tok my previous 7 man team about 5 days to beat it with only one 78 level, 1 70ish level, and the rest 60 or below (some way below). I'd guess you'd be looking at about 5 days but its not just about level. Gear is huge obviously as is depth of roster

Thanks great info