Drop rate and energy cost/refill cost

Prev1
Just some feedback to @EA_Jesse and team. The drop rates are utterly pathetic on things. I spent the 50 crystals each to do the Dooku missions an extra 3 times. That is 12 sims and I netted ONE shard. It took me 2 full energy fill sims to get 5 MK v's. When toons take 60+ gear items to go from 5-6 and if you are lucky you get an item at a 1/3 rate You are looking at nearly 1 week for 1 gear slot on QGJ on gear 5 to move towards 6. That is a bit extreme.

Now before the big spenders come attacking I buy crystals either the Vault or crate multiple times per week so I'm not f2p complaining as you might try and accuse me of(Now I have nothing against f2p I talk to many each day) I've also bought every pack, except the Kylo one(due to sour grapes on the Barrissgate deal,lol) offered since I started.

So my feedback is to keep the refill costs the same. Keep mission refill at 50 crystals, since many cost 16 energy so full energy gets us only 7 sims, and keep the cantina at 100. Keep it consistent. With the bad drop rate people are going to lose interest in the game when they are stuck at gear 5 or 6 for weeks because paying 400 or 800 crystals for 7 sims is highway robbery. Now to avoid those saying I'm whining because I can't get purple I have 24 at lvl 60 another 15 over 50, and 11 of the 24 at 60 are purple, and every other 60, aside from QGJ is at gear 6. So I've dumped a ton into the farming and am offering feedback not complaint.

Think about it EA and CG it will help keep your game fresh for people. I know I'm not going to keep buying as many crystals as I have been because the poor drop rate just makes it not fun or productive.

Replies

• Options
    Just some feedback to @EA_Jesse and team. The drop rates are utterly pathetic on things. I spent the 50 crystals each to do the Dooku missions an extra 3 times. That is 12 sims and I netted ONE shard. It took me 2 full energy fill sims to get 5 MK v's. When toons take 60+ gear items to go from 5-6 and if you are lucky you get an item at a 1/3 rate You are looking at nearly 1 week for 1 gear slot on QGJ on gear 5 to move towards 6. That is a bit extreme.

Now before the big spenders come attacking I buy crystals either the Vault or crate multiple times per week so I'm not f2p complaining as you might try and accuse me of(Now I have nothing against f2p I talk to many each day) I've also bought every pack, except the Kylo one(due to sour grapes on the Barrissgate deal,lol) offered since I started.

So my feedback is to keep the refill costs the same. Keep mission refill at 50 crystals, since many cost 16 energy so full energy gets us only 7 sims, and keep the cantina at 100. Keep it consistent. With the bad drop rate people are going to lose interest in the game when they are stuck at gear 5 or 6 for weeks because paying 400 or 800 crystals for 7 sims is highway robbery. Now to avoid those saying I'm whining because I can't get purple I have 24 at lvl 60 another 15 over 50, and 11 of the 24 at 60 are purple, and every other 60, aside from QGJ is at gear 6. So I've dumped a ton into the farming and am offering feedback not complaint.

Think about it EA and CG it will help keep your game fresh for people. I know I'm not going to keep buying as many crystals as I have been because the poor drop rate just makes it not fun or productive.

I concur.
    Member of The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Well said
  • Options
    Just did two cantina refills for two kylo ren shards. BLASPHEMY!
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I do want to say that I received 2 Count Dooku shards today from Hard Dark Side Battle 1-C on 3 tries, but only 2 Kylo Ren shards on 11 Cantina attempts. I've also had days where I received 0 Dooku shards on 6 attempts, but also 8 Kylo Ren shards on 11 attempts. Some days are great :) , others make me cry :'(
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    No, it's not some days are great and others are bad. The drop rates are bad. Period. There's literally nothing for players in this game. Challenges are stuck at tier 2, and don't drop worthwhile gear. Hard mode drop rates are poor compared to similar games. Gear drop rates are bad. There are no events that help players. 10 Ren shards for Christmas? Lol? 7k had a Christmas event, which ran the whole month, and now they have a New Years event. The money this game brings in, it needs to have more. And I don't mean more characters.
  • Options
    Yep, did all my unlocked JC shards past two days to unlock 3* went from 22 shards out of 25 to 23, paid the 100 crystals for those last 2 shards for GW. Awful drop rates
  • Options
    I have good days and bad days. I got 3/6 Dooku shards today and only 1/6 yestersay.

I'll agree that most days I only get 1 or 0. For some reason I have way better luck with Rey and Boba.
  • Options
    I luckily got 4/6 for Boba today which I never usually farm, however yes usually everything I farm I barely get anything. Usually 1/6 for Dooku. Been playing since the middle of December every day doing both missions all 3 times and still haven't unlocked him. Only got like 35/50 shards
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The drop rates seem to be much worse for the heroes. Out of 6 attempts for Dooku today I got 0 shards, 0/3 for Rey also. Yet I got 5/10 for Geo Soldier. It is a load of tosh, the drop rates shouldn't be determined by the value of the character. Although saying that, give me Geo Soldier overy Dooku all week long.

I've pretty much given up using crystals for refreshes, I was wasting 200-300 per day on farming shards and purple gear, the drop rate on purple gear is ludicrous, using 120 energy for 1 drop is pathetic.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The drop rates seem to be much worse for the heroes. Out of 6 attempts for Dooku today I got 0 shards, 0/3 for Rey also. Yet I got 5/10 for Geo Soldier. It is a load of tosh, the drop rates shouldn't be determined by the value of the character. Although saying that, give me Geo Soldier overy Dooku all week long.

I've pretty much given up using crystals for refreshes, I was wasting 200-300 per day on farming shards and purple gear, the drop rate on purple gear is ludicrous, using 120 energy for 1 drop is pathetic.
    That's not because they are heroes. Geo Soldier is s cantina batle. You will have better drops at any cantina chars, even heroes like Luke
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    When the game first started I hated the exponential-growth refill costs. But I now see they are a blessing in disguise. If they kept refill costs at 50 or 100 no matter how often you used them, we'd have all been facing fully-geared, level 60 7* characters before the end of Thanksgiving weekend. Removing the doubling would VASTLY widen the gap between F2P and P2P, and it's wide enough already IMO.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Yeah, gear drop rates are awful. I haven't had trouble with shards thankfully.

The other thing with the events is could the event tiers at least have worthwhile upgrades in what they drop? Getting 1 more piece of whatever is pretty awful especially when in some cases the difficulty(Shatterpoint) goes up dramatically.
  • Options
    Zotics wrote: »
    No, it's not some days are great and others are bad. The drop rates are bad. Period. There's literally nothing for players in this game. Challenges are stuck at tier 2, and don't drop worthwhile gear. Hard mode drop rates are poor compared to similar games. Gear drop rates are bad. There are no events that help players. 10 Ren shards for Christmas? Lol? 7k had a Christmas event, which ran the whole month, and now they have a New Years event. The money this game brings in, it needs to have more. And I don't mean more characters.

+1 there, cannot agree more

The drop rates are awful on both shards and gear, there are absolutely no great days, greatness is definitely not that one time that you get 3/6. Most challenges offer no resistance and everyone at a high level just sims through it to get the same pieces of gear over and over. Plus I must add the drops at the chromium packs, only to get...ewok scout, royal guard, etc, just not what someone is expecting when you spend those hard earned crystals. What I mean is that even though everything is about luck and pure RNG, they should improve the rate on which good or at least useful toons appear.

Don´t get me wrong I love this game and I will of course continue playing, I agree that the harder it gets the more interested you are but there are some limits.

• Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To be honest I think it is a matter of perception and expectation. I think the drop rates are okay. Bad streaks just burn into your mind more than good streaks.
    And also, we do not know how the drop rates exactly are. If we assume it is 30% on hard modes, which sounds okay, the average shard gain on 2x3 battles (like Dooku) would be 1,8. This mean most days should yield 2 shards. But still we should see more days dropping 1 or 0 shards than 3 or 4 (assuming the 30% drop rate). I found this to be consistent with my observations.
    Still, it would be nice to get some official information about how the drop rates in cantina/ hard mode battles are supposed to be. I would assume something between 25%-30% on hard mode and maybe slightly higher drop rates in cantina. But again, this may just be a wrong perception because usually you do way more cantina battles in a row compared to hard modes (larger sample size for daily observations)
  • Options
    If the drop rate is constant they can't earn your money

In LOL if you have 20% crit you must crit once every 5 attack so ppl will buy the crit tool
    This game if the drop rate is too good then you will stop paying after you earn everything so they just stop this

I don't know if the drop rate is 1/3 written in black and white, but even so it doesn't mean once every 3 try but can count every hour average just make a little period insanely high drop rate so average still 1/3 so I did get the black guy Jedi 12/12 try

Btw I will quit competing after farming Yoda and Jedi Luke if we can even farm or only pay to get
  • Options
    You all miss the point here, one by miles talking about toons not even in the game. The point is that taking a week to fill 1 of 6 gear slots is just stupid.

@Doll, The rate was me being generous. I've been tracking it for a week now based on my refills and what not, so unlike your detraction to my post, my comments were educated based on testing and tracking. Oh and people will stop paying also if they are spending 150 crystals to get 5 gear items that is part of a gear slot that requires 40 or 50 items. Becomes not worth the investment. That was the point of the post. Of course though people need to try and knock it off topic so it is not adressed,lol.
  • Options

+1 there, cannot agree more

The drop rates are awful on both shards and gear, there are absolutely no great days, greatness is definitely not that one time that you get 3/6. Most challenges offer no resistance and everyone at a high level just sims through it to get the same pieces of gear over and over. Plus I must add the drops at the chromium packs, only to get...ewok scout, royal guard, etc, just not what someone is expecting when you spend those hard earned crystals. What I mean is that even though everything is about luck and pure RNG, they should improve the rate on which good or at least useful toons appear.

Don´t get me wrong I love this game and I will of course continue playing, I agree that the harder it gets the more interested you are but there are some limits.

Agree and this is my point. With the drop rate as it was it took me 6 days to fill Vaders last gear slot using 3 refills per day JUST ON THAT 1 ITEM. That is absurd. We will call it 200 crystals per day, call it 1200 crystals which is $10. I don't mind paying on things I love like this game, but $10 to fill 1 gear slot of 6 on 1 toon when teams are 5 strong is a bit obscene.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most of us (including myself) are frustrated with the lack of drops, but consider the fact that most of us are also level 60 with multiple max-geared 6/7* heroes with less than two months of play. Not sure if that is something which CG had anticipated - i.e. a significant portion of the player base reaching the limit that fast. If CG were to increase the drop rate, everyone would be featuring a full 7* line-up in no time (as Qeltar has pointed out) and we would be bored without having much to do (we are already screaming for more content even with this undesirable drop rate).

I had a 0/6 drop for Dooku today, but decided to give another try (which I normally don't) since I am very close to levelling him up. Got a 4/6 on my second attempt, resulting in a grand total of 4/12 for the day - a 33% drop rate which is what I have come to expect. As for Kylo, I got a 0/10, 2/11 and 2/10 for the last three days - which is disappointing, but we all have bad days and it can't rain all the time. ;)
  • Options
    I'm sorry you can't use that excuse any more. That was fine in 2008 with MMO's. Oh we weren't ready for how fast the players leveled, and we don't have any end-game content. It's 2016. If you put out a game, you need to be prepared.
  • Options
    There is many things in this game that could be improved for an better enjoyment for the players in my opinion.

Better drop rate is one thing, allthough it is not bad just annoying to spend 200 crystal or more when you need the high amount equipment. Takes leveling up charecter an very long time.
    On my servers i am falling alot behind on area and gw due to it takes me very long time to level up star's and gear. Some of the problem is my own fault :persevere: . But i get "punished" when gearing up 1 charecter takes me 1 week :(

If they would keep the energy refills constant at 50/100 for normal/cantina i am afraid that the cap between f2p and p2p players would be bigger.

my self i would love to have normal/cantina refills at 50/100.

I do enjoy the game, but i am struggling to keep up in level's and gear towards the arena and gw. I used to get between 400-500 on arena. Now i am struggling to keep under 1000. on GW i have only managed to finish 1 time. I am level 60 myself, been that for 2weeks time. but my best team is lvl 53 and 51 and rest is 50. only the 2 highes have purple lvl 8 and 7 gear. then the others go from 6-5-4-3-2-1. all my energy go into the high lvl gear find. hehe

but ill get there at some point. :)
  • duffmc81
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think it would be really interesting to offer an option to buy either 1x shard of the character of your choice or 1x gear piece of your choice for 30 or 50 crystals that resets every hour. Call it Watto's Salvage or something lol
  • Options
    The money this game brings in, it needs to have more. And I don't mean more characters.

This right here ^

• Options
    New day. 2 missions 6 attempts at Rey. No drops. 2 missions, 6 attempts at Dooku. No drops. 2 missions 6 attempts at FOTP. No drops.

Seriously. This is atrocious. At this rate, if you never pulled any of these characters from Bronzium/ Chromium, you are honestly looking at a 200+ day grind to get one of these characters to 7*. That is wrong. Completely wrong. I can understand 2-3 months to fully max a character from HM drops. Not 200 days. Get it together, or else you are going to purge players quickly, and start to accrue negative feedback on the store and this game will dry up quickly.
  • Options
    I've gone 0-12 on one character with 2 refreshes. So 100 crystals and no shards to show for it. I only needed one to star up. :(
  • Options
    I pulled 4 dooku shards on 6 sims today I usually pull 2/6
  • Options
    Drop rates have been all round average for me. Kylo has been good for me, except today. Every one else and some parts have been horrible. Rey and Dooku are the most elusive for me.
  • Options
    Got 2 Kylo shards yesterday, today ive gotten something like 14 shards already (doing 1 refill a day in Cantina), random is random. For a game that havent been out for that long, its fine imo. With the crazy amount of money some people put into this game, changes WILL happen, sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    The week is off to a great start! I'm already at 1/12 for Rey. I just might get 5 shards this week.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Raise the drop rate would literally make the game less challenge. Eventually you will get bore soon.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Most of us (including myself) are frustrated with the lack of drops, but consider the fact that most of us are also level 60 with multiple max-geared 6/7* heroes with less than two months of play. Not sure if that is something which CG had anticipated - i.e. a significant portion of the player base reaching the limit that fast. If CG were to increase the drop rate, everyone would be featuring a full 7* line-up in no time (as Qeltar has pointed out) and we would be bored without having much to do (we are already screaming for more content even with this undesirable drop rate).

That.
    True enough, we do want more content to play, but to me playing means having fun in doing something enjoyable. And although building your team it's part of that i think the most of us would rather prefer to use theyr teams..
    Grinding with such an abismal drop rate is not fun, sure it is a matter of balance (and money too, which is why a game is published) and i feel that upscaling refills cost too is a wise way to keep balance with f2p/p2p. But as previously stated that doesn't stay true undefinitely, and when you hear horror stories of ppl wich invested crystals like 10 bucks worth for 1 gear.. Come on this isn't a balance necessity and i dare you to say it's fun!

If we were supposed to gain equipment through some sort of challenge, even increasingly difficult in accordance with rarity/usefulness, that at least could be fun.. But as of now this pretty much consists in: beat a Lvl with 3* - sim it and prey till you get what you need.. This ain't no playing, this is staring a slot machine.

Btw i do really love the game and this of mine is not intended as a rant.. I just wanted to share my point of view and hear of yours!
    It would be great to know what devs () really think about that, besides the "there are good days and bad days folk!"
    Post edited by Bora on
    Res non verba