Question for fellow JE Enthusiasts

Prev1
UlicQ
198 posts Member
So I'll have JE up to 6* in the next couple days, and was thinking of setting aside worn on *7 to focus on raid gear. I can imagine that last star will do much for the little guy at this point, but I'm curious what others think/are doing.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    I fought a guy that had a 4* JE fully geared... 5100 power... Finished 4th in the arena. HK47 lead, 86,88, poggle and JE
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JE is actually not nearly as good as I thought. He does one thing, in all actuality... He speeds up droids. His basic is arguably the worst in the game, a great example of a good idea and brutal execution.

I post this here as fellow JE enthusiasts will understand exactly what I'm getting at.
    Post edited by Powda on
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Powda wrote: »
    JE is actually not nearly as good qd I thought. He does one thing, in all actuality... He speeds up droids. His basic is arguably the worst in the game, a great example of a good idea and brutal execution.

I post this here as fellow JE enthusiasts will understand exactly what I'm getting at.

The problem with his basic is it takes WAY to long to explode. It should blow as soon as the enemy takes a turn. I hardly ever seen one explode before the enemy is dead.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have any issues with his attack. When used correctly it does major damage and I've seen it take out 5s in one shot when he was half health.

The question is will significantly benefit from 7* over 6*?
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    JE is actually not nearly as good qd I thought. He does one thing, in all actuality... He speeds up droids. His basic is arguably the worst in the game, a great example of a good idea and brutal execution.

The problem with his basic is it takes WAY to long to explode. It should blow as soon as the enemy takes a turn. I hardly ever seen one explode before the enemy is dead.

Exactly! Considering that it can be both dodged AND resisted AND takes two activations to explode, giving PLENTY of time for cleanse and heals... *sigh*
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

Exactly! Considering that it can be both dodged AND resisted AND takes two activations to explode, giving PLENTY of time for cleanse and heals... *sigh*

Even on gear 9 max level it gets resisted a lot. It's like they didn't want him to have a basic at all and threw that garbage on him for show. lol
  • Options
    Once I craft one more Nubian scanner I'm gonna start working on JE. My question to you @UlicQ is how long did it take you to get him activated after you started working on him? Thanks in advance good sir.
  • Options
    I've left mine at 4* gear 9 to focus on raid gear. He could use some more health, but he's a two trick pony - first turn advantage and then a possibility of Rez/heal.

Getting gear for other is more important for me right now
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    I fought a guy that had a 4* JE fully geared... 5100 power... Finished 4th in the arena. HK47 lead, 86,88, poggle and JE
    Poggle and JE in the same team? THE CRINGE. JE is a better poggle it's so pointless using both this triggers me so hard.

You clearly don't know how to use him. He can heal and revive and his bombs hit hard he's more useful then you make him out to be.

The right way to use his bombs is to ether spread them out for ig88 passive or to use on characters that you would rather not attack such as counter characters/savage etc. It can all so be used to soften up tanky characters so once you move on to them it won't take as much damage to kill.
  • Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Poggle and JE in the same team? THE CRINGE. JE is a better poggle it's so pointless using both this triggers me so hard.

You clearly don't know how to use him. He can heal and revive and his bombs hit hard he's more useful then you make him out to be.

The right way to use his bombs is to ether spread them out for ig88 passive or to use on characters that you would rather not attack such as counter characters/savage etc. It can all so be used to soften up tanky characters so once you move on to them it won't take as much damage to kill.

Agree with the bottom part, but he doesn't need more than 4-5 stars right now, at least not at the expense of gear for others in your arena team
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Why is it bad to have JE and Poggle? JE does his TM boost at the beginning. Poggle gives speed up for 3 turns after the TM boost. I'm not sure why that's bad.

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options

That just goes to show that you've never used him.

AI always targets him first now because of his low health pool and he falls in two shots max with moat teams. How many times does another droid die before he does? Never, that's how many times it's been for me.

After the first round, it's essentially 4v5 because JE's health is so low and his basic is terrible. He contributes next-to-nothing after that.

As for spreading out bombs, have you actually used him? What good does spreading out bombs do, other than spreading out Turn Meter / Offense Up between the whole group each time they dodge? The *ONLY* thing JE's basic has going for it is that you can try to hit Dooku / Fives, etc. without counter.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options

Why is it bad to have JE and Poggle? JE does his TM boost at the beginning. Poggle gives speed up for 3 turns after the TM boost. I'm not sure why that's bad.

You have two chars that don't synergize with each other. They buff three droids, but not each other. If Poggle went before the droids, it would be a totally different story. It'd make up for the lack of synergy with an even crazier head start.
  • Options

AI always targets him first now because of his low health pool and he falls in two shots max with moat teams. How many times does another droid die before he does? Never, that's how many times it's been for me.

After the first round, it's essentially 4v5 because JE's health is so low and his basic is terrible. He contributes next-to-nothing after that.

As for spreading out bombs, have you actually used him? What good does spreading out bombs do, other than spreading out Turn Meter / Offense Up between the whole group each time they dodge? The *ONLY* thing JE's basic has going for it is that you can try to hit Dooku / Fives, etc. without counter.

Sounds like your JE is trash try gearing him up my droids and or Poe normally die before him. And I don't do the spread out tactic I prefer spaming it on tanky characters and/or characters you don't want to attack normally he's a god send vs fives who I run into alot. All so if you time the bombs right you can finish off a low HP character with out wasting a attack.

Thanks for the laugh buddy saying I never used him is very funny. I clearly know how to use him much better then you or yours is not geared up. My JE is 5* gear 9 level 80 and does good in arena just keep practicing you will figure him out.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like your JE is trash try gearing him up my droids and or Poe normally die before him. And I don't do the spread out tactic I prefer spaming it on tanky characters and/or characters you don't want to attack normally he's a god send vs fives who I run into alot. All so if you time the bombs right you can finish off a low HP character with out wasting a attack.

Thanks for the laugh buddy saying I never used him is very funny. I clearly know how to use him much better then you or yours is not geared up. My JE is 5* gear 9 level 80 and does good in arena just keep practicing you will figure him out.

Poe... Spamming... Timing? That makes sense, now.

My JE is G9 and 6*. When you get above 200 in arena, you'll start running into dodge leads and you'll figure it all out. Then you'll get rid of your Poe lead (because he doesn't work in high ranks) and you'll start seeing the top contenders and understand what the rest of us are talking about.

Agree that some of us that use JE don't like how he's built or don't... But talking smack at others on the forum accomplishes nothing.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    My ajar is 5* gear 9 and rately gets targeted by defense AI. His heal and Rez is indispensable in most of my battles as he uses it least twice as well as his buff.

As for his attack, as others have stated you can use it as a debuff for 88 to increase his damage and/or place it on toons you don't want to hit because of counters or buffs (Dooku/savage). When they go off they do good damage.

The point of all of this was to see if I should delay 7* to work on gear, and it appears as though I should.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Once I craft one more Nubian scanner I'm gonna start working on JE. My question to you @UlicQ is how long did it take you to get him activated after you started working on him? Thanks in advance good sir.

Cap, i think it took me about a week or so (maybe a little less) to activate. I checked the shipment box each reset and bought shards everytime he appeared.
  • Options

Poe... Spamming... Timing? That makes sense, now.

My JE is G9 and 6*. When you get above 200 in arena, you'll start running into dodge leads and you'll figure it all out. Then you'll get rid of your Poe lead (because he doesn't work in high ranks) and you'll start seeing the top contenders and understand what the rest of us are talking about.

Agree that some of us that use JE don't like how he's built or don't... But talking smack at others on the forum accomplishes nothing.

I'm assuming by Poe lead you just mean Poe but anyway Poe is my best tank right now till I can get RG going and I find it funny how you keep assuming things because I'm siting at #18 right now as im typing this.
  • Options
    Folks, I just 7*d, maxed, gear9'd, and Omega'd JE's basic.

If you want a demonstration just search YouTube for 'H bomb test'.

His basic bond does 8k+. You can put two on a character in their same turn usually, because of his speed. That's HUGE damage. The trick is choosing your targets correctly. You want to debuff Rey. You want to spread out bombs to act as debuffs for IG88. You want to toss them on the highest health, slowest, or countering characters.

That seventh star is huge for his damage boost. Also it keeps AI from targeting him constsntly. Now they're after HK and 88 again like I want them to. He gets to gear 9 w
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    well getting him to 7* increases his survivability, which is always a good thing. if you strategicall place bombs his damage output will be crazy good
  • blaz4me
    16 posts Member
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

His basic bond does 8k+. You can put two on a character in their same turn usually, because of his speed. That's HUGE damage. The trick is choosing your targets correctly. You want to debuff Rey. You want to spread out bombs to act as debuffs for IG88. You want to toss them on the highest health, slowest, or countering characters.

That seventh star is huge for his damage boost. Also it keeps AI from targeting him constsntly. Now they're after HK and 88 again like I want them to. He gets to gear 9 w

Sure thing skip. We will waste time trying to find your esoteric video called "H-bomb" test which probably has a million results of actual h-bomb test, or you could have linked the video. What a lying weirdo you are. You're right though his basic does 20k damage a turn on people, you secretly have the most powerful character of all time, everyone else is wrong.

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Why would you ever stop at 6 star that's ****. Do you realize how many extra hits he would give you in raids. I run hk omega lead ig88 ig86 JE /RG/ Magmaguard /jawa in arena sometimes change ig88 omega lead for a dot brigade finish top 10 daily in a shard we started in November . My JE is going on 6 star and can't wait to use him in heroic raid. I can get almost 300k in phase2 and 3 now without JE but when he's usable that score will increase by 25 percent at least . Yea he hits low on his bombs but his utility is unmatched . Omega his special 45 tm for jawas and droids plus omega hk lead another 50 tm for crits do I have to say anything else. Finish Jawa engineer it will get you higher raid rewards which will help you progress in this game at a faster rate. This advice comes from a player who does 3 to 4 heroics a week and dreams of the day my Jawa engineer is complete.
  • Options
    blaz4me wrote: »
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Sure thing skip. We will waste time trying to find your esoteric video called "H-bomb" test which probably has a million results of actual h-bomb test, or you could have linked the video. What a lying weirdo you are. You're right though his basic does 20k damage a turn on people, you secretly have the most powerful character of all time, everyone else is wrong.

Uh, that's a joke. You know, look up an H bomb video and that's his power. Did you seriously not get that?

When JE's thermals do 16k+ you drop RG and Fives so fast they don't seem tanky at all. Assuming you focus on them, yeah, that's amazingly powerful. Have you not fought JE yet? Let me guess, you don't have him and haven't maxed/omeged him?

No?

OK then, please sit over there and keep quiet while the adults have a conversation.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Je basic is good. He has 185 speed, plus or minus. He could hit like barisse.

I prefer big bombs that take awhile to explode and can be resisted. But which count as a negative status - cheers to enemy rey, let alone ally 88 - and which, considering his speed and heal and buff and rez, do pretty good damage.

Thhe fact that it cant be countered? PRICELESS.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options

you are the inspiration for an Ignore User button.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    UlicQ wrote: »
    So I'll have JE up to 6* in the next couple days, and was thinking of setting aside worn on *7 to focus on raid gear. I can imagine that last star will do much for the little guy at this point, but I'm curious what others think/are doing.

Thanks in advance.

i am around the same point; i've enjoyed tinkering with JE immensely.. my 47/88/86 are max'd so i will do the same for him as well before making them my go-to Arena squad... i see other posters' points about how he doesn't synergize with Poggle, which is a shame because the Machine Overlord himself meshes so well with the Droids in other configurations... adding JE to the mix has back-seated Poggle (but i have found him to be a surprisingly great fit with a Rebel hybrid team i currently use in Arena.)

for me personally, i no longer fear counterattackers/tanks that previously gave me pause... the bombs stack up more often than not and while it takes a dog's age for them to detonate, i've had mostly positive results with JE, even at 4- and 5-stars.
    lots of fun and that is what this game is all about, or should be.

hey, my fellow guild mate -- who finished one place ahead of me in yesterday's Heroic Raid!! -- ... mine took about two weeks of Guild store coinage to unlock and was fairly smooth sailing to Gear VIII.
  • Options
    How many place you drop overnight? Assume you are #1 on your server. I drop 15-20 overnight, from one.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

You have two chars that don't synergize with each other. They buff three droids, but not each other. If Poggle went before the droids, it would be a totally different story. It'd make up for the lack of synergy with an even crazier head start.

How do they not buff each other? JE gives Poggle critical chance up. Poggle gives JE offense up (not that it matters with JE's crap basic) then speed up on the droids after JE's turn meter boost.

A taunter is a better choice but I'm still not seeing why Poggle is so horrible.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How many place you drop overnight? Assume you are #1 on your server. I drop 15-20 overnight, from one.

@IrisCrystal what are the gear/character levels of your team?
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How do they not buff each other? JE gives Poggle critical chance up. Poggle gives JE offense up (not that it matters with JE's crap basic) then speed up on the droids after JE's turn meter boost.

A taunter is a better choice but I'm still not seeing why Poggle is so horrible.
    Poggle + JE is bad because in this team Poggle is the slowest toon. Without JE, Poggle goes first and buffs your droids then they attack. With JE, JE buffs and gives tm to droids, then the droids go (those with AOE-attack actually go twice) and only then (after you dealt a huge part of your damage) Poggle can give offence up. And then your opponent takes his turn. Once your initial burst is over you either need to have killed opponent's biggest threats or you need someone to taunt and draw damage (or stuns) away from your droids. That is much more important than a buff that is only good for your next turn.

Interestingly, I found that this to be different in raids. Depending on RNG and cooldowns, Poggle and JE can be useful together. This is mainly because the Rancor is slower than most arena teams and you don't need to use JE's special first. Also the fight takes much longer.

Edit: Oh, and concerning the overnight drop. I usually drop to ranks 10-15 overnight. It improved a lot when I swapped out G8 Han for G8 RG (about 10 places less). My team is G8 HK, G8 RG, G9 JE (6*), G9 IG86 (d*mn those Nubian disks) and G10 88. I actually have a furnace laid back for 86 but can't seem to get the right loot. Most of my guild currency goes towards JE shards.
    Post edited by MalEliza on