Raid rewards acceptable or baloney?

Prev1
b06af3tt
76 posts Member
edited June 2016
I call shenanigans. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but this is as bad as dodge. The gear drops are as evasive as a Dooku team.
Post edited by b06af3tt on

Raid rewards acceptable or baloney? 91 votes

Raid rewards are acceptable
17%
darksideSticare_Courts_0073StarSonMBL_66AlecationHanSlowMoGwonkKingOfLosingLaLiamGreg1920sugarmonsterKabbesLordAlvertDarth_Vladtimmcneil79Kevinli99 16 votes
Raid rewards are balony
82%
TheRenegadeJ7000Sarahjmcin1974Boro_Smooth1jeremyj26clhsRugged1ShadowHoundshampootjw_tjw14DarthNicoWhiteroomMcPot45Dookiedog68TroutFett18DarthNichalasDaddyngo007Phlebotomy_JonesBrazilian_Joe 75 votes

Replies

• Options
    It's spelled BOLOGNA...

44700008744.jpg
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    The worst part is getting challenge gear consistently when you already have over 600 of that gear.

The gear wall they put in place to slow players is enough. With this added dilution to the raid drop table it only exacerbates the issue. But of course this is by design ;)
  • Options
    @Meese_Rancher, I hear that. Can you believe this...

cbTlpAk.png
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony

cbTlpAk.png

lol, had a similar experience myself this morning. It is infuriating!

By the I hate your Bologna comment because I'm hungry now and Oscar Mayer is delicious!! You owe me a sandwich! I'll bring the beers.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony

cbTlpAk.png

Wow that's terrible lol.

There needs to be a gear shop where we can combine pieces to get the next tier up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    in some cases balony is very rewarding
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    I'm more than happy with tier 7 rewards. I've had two complete droid callers, a complete Nubian 7, a complete stun cuff and enough pieces to make two complete furnaces.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    I would say somewhere in the middle. It is not a perfect system by far, but calling them bologna is a bit much. I have been able to craft two pieces of the raid gear since guilds were released, and we only run T5.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    Raid rewards would be absolutely fine if they removed the challenge rewards from the pool. No one should work that hard to receive the same things they already get hundreds of just from tapping auto on a challenge.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Raid rewards would be absolutely fine if they removed the challenge rewards from the pool. No one should work that hard to receive the same things they already get hundreds of just from tapping auto on a challenge.

Agree. AT LEAST they could do it.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    You should only get raid gear from raids. We don't need easily farmed gear
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

I kind of agree, but some of the gear they give is hard to get. Like MK6 syringes, or stun gun pieces. A blanket "remove all challenge gear" is not a great idea, I think. More like remove non T4 challenge gear.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I like the stun guns/cuffs/detonators. Need a lot of them. The gear from the challenges yea that could go away.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Provided you are doing heroic
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    StarSon wrote: »

I kind of agree, but some of the gear they give is hard to get. Like MK6 syringes, or stun gun pieces. A blanket "remove all challenge gear" is not a great idea, I think. More like remove non T4 challenge gear.

Nope. Remove ALL challenge gear. You can get 50+ of any challenge gear every week. There needs to be no other source for these pieces, especially as they are already farmable AS WELL!
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    StarSon wrote: »

Nope. Remove ALL challenge gear. You can get 50+ of any challenge gear every week. There needs to be no other source for these pieces, especially as they are already farmable AS WELL!

Yup, raids should drop raid gear ONLY.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    Everyone hates the current raid rewards, with the possible exception of gungans. That's a given. So, I'm sorry to say, this poll in reality achieves very little. Make one with more direction (i.e. one that provides a solution). E.g.

'The damage-based raid reward system should be abolished. All guild members should receive the same (chance of) rewards. Yes/No'

or

'All guild members should receive rewards regardless of whether they participated in the raid. Yes/No'
  • Options
    I have no issue with them having sometimes giving gear you have a lot of, because some people don't have a lot of it.

What would be helpful would be how random things are maybe being a little more specific. IE maybe setting a preferred list of gear so that you have a better chance of getting the type you need. IE I need droid callers, but I get gear for Furnaces and scanners all the time. I know I will need them, but I don't right now. That would be helpful.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Amount of gear is okay, but what would make it better is if we could choose which of the unfarmable gear we get.
  • b06af3tt
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    Off topic gentlemen(gentle people "PC"). Simply defining the exact issue before problems can actually be solved. I don't want to suggest anything. I aim to specifically define the problem.

1. raid drops good
    2. Raid drops bad

Some of the suggestions are good or getting into the detail and specifics. But, this issue specifically and directly needs to be addressed. Raid drops = Bad. In my direct specific opinion.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    This is apparently my "new normal" or as the people on this forum who are ignorant as blazes like to call it "bad rng". I have a guild mate who has received furnace pieces 19 out of 22 raids.... there's nothing "random" about these drops. The question is what do we need to do differently to get different results... either they are intentionally dropping the lemons to stymie game progression or they truly think this is our biggest need based on specific criteria... if the latter is the case then there is something we can change in our control to produce different results. If the former is the case then they need to re-think this... cos it's not fun anymore at all.
    8MKHngK.jpg
  • Options
    If they based it somehow on your need, then I would not be getting furnace parts for the most part. I need 1 furnace, and like 10 Droid Callers, yet to date, I have only been rewarded 5 droid caller salvage. So it can't be based on need at all.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    21 raids completed (4x t6 and 17x t7 heroic) and I still have not recieved NOT 1 MK6 Nubian Design Tech Salvage. I think I'm the only one in my top 20 that doesn't have Rey at G10 or any of the other characters that require it because they thought it was a smart idea to lock gear behind a raid and a bogus RNG system. This game has decided I will never get that specific gear piece unless I save up and buy it at ridiculous prices.

Im not one to rant and I always try to stay positive but this has seriously been **** me off lately and each time I complete a raid and don't receive that gear it only makes it worse.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I've been blessed by RNGsus and received a fairly spread out amount of rewards, since raids started I've gotten 3 scanners, 3 droid callers, 2 disks and 2 furnaces all in combinations of full gears or salvage parts. I do agree that they should implement a way to keep the rewards the same but at least get the items you want.

For example maybe add a feature where everyone in the guild applies for what gear they need and whatever randomly generated gear is won that raid it is distributed among all those that applied with the same chance for full gear and number of salvages from your ranking. Then anyone who didn't get anything will receive leftovers from the other gear queue and those those who did will have to pick a new gear and will be placed in the back of the line. This way there is still some rng to appease CG and people will have a much better chance at receiving items they actually need.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are fine. It's the reward system that's flawed.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I think that people wouldn't be complaining if we were all in the same boat. The problem is that people were able to precraft. Without precrafting we wouldn't see a giant gap growing in arena. Since we see some people 2 gears higher, we get anxious and want to gear up faster too.
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    Still no full gear drop keep getting nub scanner. 83 of them and no use.
    Need droid callers !
    Jez man only got 20 need 50 after 16 raids. And I'm talking t 7.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Heroic has great rewards. Anything else isnt worth the effort.
    {RotE}
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    You know, I just went through the prize box for T5, and I need all of that except for Mk 6 scanner salvage. And honestly, looking through the T6 rewards (which we don't do anyway), the only things that come from challenges are the syringes and the carbantis. Not sure what the big deal is.
  • Options
    Raid rewards are balony
    Rewards aren't scaled to your rank, finished top 3 in T6, always getting useless gear. Still no furnace or droid caller, not even the salvage. My guild isn't powerful enough to do T7 yet...
    Kind of unfair that only T7 are rewarding those who can complete it !
    This has to change !