Who's your.... Vanity character?

Prev134
Everyone has that one character they spent absurd resources on, for whatever reason. Who's yours and why did you do it? Were you satisfied with the end result?

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Lol Anakin just for the heck of it I hope the buff makes him top notch
  • Options
    Ventress is mine. I decided on her from the start because I liked her range of abilities and her character.
    I kept her maxed out as possible aside from a few purple Mats, and she has served me well. As the rest of my crew are beginning to catch up to her she is waning in importance and utility, but I think she will always have a place in my lineup.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Mine initially was FOTP, then they nerfed him and he is slow for current comp.

Then it was Rey. She is still great, but now everyone has her with the guild shop selling her

Then it was Leia, but now she is in arena shipment.

I want to invest in Rex, but I am not spending any more money so it will be the long haul of buying shipments with arena winnings with the above pattern.
  • Options
    Cup! I was determined to have an underrated character win in the arena. Cup is much better than anyone gives it credit for
  • Options
    I put a lot or of resources on Urrohurrorr and Boba when I really shouldn't have. Not a lot and certainly not any purple gear but they are both like level 60 or something and the credit crunch makes me cry when I see those two.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Leia
    Dont use her much, just in attacker challenge and the military might event. just needs a scanner to ge tto g10.
  • Options
    B2 and Darth Maul.
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Leia
    Dont use her much, just in attacker challenge and the military might event. just needs a scanner to ge tto g10.

Am I missing something becuase Leia is awesome and I don't get why you should feel like you wasted resources in her.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Finn... :*
  • Options
    I have ugnaught 7* max gear and use him for arena every day he is underrated but top notch
  • Options
    Fives and plo koon, if plo hit harder it would so worth it. But he hits like a kitten so I only use him with the rest of the clones in GW, if I had Rex then I'd be much happier but him and echo need a buff on attack then clones would dominate even more so.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin and Veers. I like empire and hope they fix them. But those two in particular are favorites of mine.

Tarkin has potential. Veers isn't too good.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I spent a lot on aayla. I don't normally spend much, but when she got added to shipments I decided I wanted her. She's going on 6*, and she's pretty good. I'm satisfied with her, mechanically speaking she's certainly one of my favorite characters

Edit: also, I'd like to point out OP didn't specify that it had to be a waste of resources, just someone you worked unusually hard to get
  • Options
    My most embarrassing one is Stormtrooper. First one was Tarkin.

I farmed them because Empire.

I'm very happy with Tarkin, and so far, satisfied enough with Stormtrooper, but I doubt he's a changer. He has to be played with other Empire to be effective as he has a massive defense bonus with Empire allies.

The man can take a hit and can really deal one out... From time to time. Downside is that he takes two pieces of raid gear to get to 10, which I can't help but think he'll be a decent tank at that point.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Tarkin and Veers. I like empire and hope they fix them. But those two in particular are favorites of mine.

Tarkin is a beast maxed out. He's my favorite character of them all
  • Options
    Thire wrote: »
    I spent a lot on aayla. I don't normally spend much, but when she got added to shipments I decided I wanted her. She's going on 6*, and she's pretty good. I'm satisfied with her, mechanically speaking she's certainly one of my favorite characters

Edit: also, I'd like to point out OP didn't specify that it had to be a waste of resources, just someone you worked unusually hard to get

Unusually hard or unusually odd - someone you're almost embarrassed to admit to farming
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    Finn... :*

Ooo... You're the one?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

He has a super solid kit. I really believe he just needs his leadership skill fixed. Make it as powerful for empire as ackbar is for rebels, and I'll jump on board the Tarkin train.

I've already got veers, rg, 6* Vader to go with Tarkin. Working on the Stormtrooper now.
  • Options
    Mine is RG but before the protection update which made him a very good character. I always find those guys pretty badass eventhough we never really saw them fight in any of the movies. They just look cool. So i maxed him out before he was cool :P i was pretty happy when they made him that good.
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    Mob Enforcer.
  • Options

He has a super solid kit. I really believe he just needs his leadership skill fixed. Make it as powerful for empire as ackbar is for rebels, and I'll jump on board the Tarkin train.

I've already got veers, rg, 6* Vader to go with Tarkin. Working on the Stormtrooper now.

Yes, something other than speed would be nice - perhaps add 15% potency up for Empire allies.

I have all Tarkin, Storm, RG, Magma 7*, almost done snow and still a ways away on veers
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    IsThisThom wrote: »
    Mine is RG but before the protection update which made him a very good character. I always find those guys pretty badass eventhough we never really saw them fight in any of the movies. They just look cool. So i maxed him out before he was cool :P i was pretty happy when they made him that good.

Nice. I remember working on him before he could stun. Didn't finish him until May sometime
  • Options
    StHan was my first 7* character, and he needed the be completely maxed at all times to be usable. Protection update made him better able to stand on his own, and now he's a meta character.
    More recently, I've dumped a ton of resources into Bane. His health and speed are too low for arena, but I've been having fun with him in GW. He actually deals decent damage on his basic, but the main reason I like him is for his super-reliable stun and TM reduction ability. He does get resisted sometimes and his unique is broken, but I still enjoy him.
  • Options
    Leia. I started for an Ackbar led Rebel team for my new account, and just couldn't resist adding her, and had a feeling she might be free soon, especially after the first word of the all female event. Almost paid my way to having her at 4 stars, and then she became free. Glad to have gotten the head start, and couldn't really see spending my way further then 4 stars with her. It all worked out nicely.
    *in game: MC3P0 - The Ewoking Deads
  • Options
    Mace. I think he needs a buff
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    5OL78z6.jpg

That's 2 raid gears and 5 omega mats

Edit: I chose Veers because he is by far the weakest character I invested in. To see just how deep this rabbit hole goes,

eszXoYh.jpg
    DFZXhPI.jpg
    FOhbviF.jpg
    B8PhHsk.jpg

I also have Vader and Royal Guard heavily invested in, but they aren't vanity. Similarly, I have maxed Clone Sergeant, and otherwise put a similar heavy investment in Plo Koon and Asajj, but they are actually decent/good characters.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    5OL78z6.jpg

That's 2 raid gears and 5 omega mats

Nice!
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda, but that is the entire reason i started. Huge Yoda nut, had to invest in 5 jedi of which 2 i only really use to get him at 7 star. Have him maxed level and almost to gear 10. Definitely not unusually but my vanity character for certain.
  • Options
    Everyone has that one character they spent absurd resources on, for whatever reason. Who's yours and why did you do it? Were you satisfied with the end result?

Anakin.

I knew beforehand he needed a makeover and I finished him anyway. While the end result isn't terrible, I just hope the devs make those 5 months I farmed for him worth it. Either way he is my vanity toon.
  • Options
    I have a few. A full nightsisters team all level 80 gl 10 except NI g 9. I also have an almost maxed out fit fisto just missing a couple prices of gear.