The fun is fading away

Prev1
I still like this game but much less than a month ago...

When I started playing and leveling up, I used to spend crystals in data cards and got a new nice character from time to time. I got energy enough from automatic refill, some purchased refills and the level-up refills.

May main goal was to level up those characters so that I could use them in the arena and the light and dark side missions... The cantina was also great!

The challenges where exciting as I could get gear and useful stuff. And... what the hell, they where challenging!!!

Then, when everything was great, I reached level 40 and unlocked the Galactic War. That was the best time. A new challenge with huge rewards, and new characters to achieve!

Of course, the arena has always being great, it is always challenging as you aim to get at the best possible rank, and has the best rewards!

But now... I find myself playing all the battles using the sim cards, without the motivation of doing almost anything. The Galactic war is ok but easy to complete, the challenges are just a routine and I never buy data cards with my crystals because I got pretty upset with the results of that in the past.

Of course the arena is still a great time but I remember I got much more fun a few weeks ago :(

How are you guys feeling about the game progress?

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ye gaming is a drag eventually. Not much to do except wait for the new update perhaps?
    I never get these I'm bored posts, almost seems like I read: please give me free stuff so I enjoy myself again.

In other words what do you want to accomplish by throwing this out there?

PS: if you don't get your fun back, you might want to stop playing
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Many other games and things to either replace this or do alongside this if the game is starting to either bore you or feeling jaded of it.
  • LocoAl
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Ye gaming is a drag eventually. Not much to do except wait for the new update perhaps?
    I never get these I'm bored posts, almost seems like I read: please give me free stuff so I enjoy myself again.

In other words what do you want to accomplish by throwing this out there?

PS: if you don't get your fun back, you might want to stop playing

I was just asking if more people feel the same, maybe if that is the case, developers can know what people wants.

It is not that I hate the game, I just miss when I liked it more :P

And... related to get free stuff, I have already paid some money and I do not regret that. Things are not free and I find fair to pay for things that I like. The fun I have already got justifies the money I have paid. However... I am not currently paying for anything because I do not have an affordable goal for that money. I will probably buy another subscription if they come back, and if there is something interesting to do I think I will be glad paying for it.

I am not paying hundreds of euros, that is too much for my budget, but I can pay 10-15 € every month if I get fun with that.

Edit: typo
  • Options
    LocoAl wrote: »
    My secret to keep this game fun.

1. Don't spend a dime on this game (my #1 challenge)
    2. Don't use crystal to refresh.
    3. Don't use Sim on cantina but do it manually while you're away doing other thing, like watching President Obama to give his last State of the Union Address.
    4. Don't max your character but handicapped them at level 50 for all the challenge that awaited you.
    5. Rank 1 is a trap

• LocoAl
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Edit: repeated
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    My secret to keep this game fun.

1. Don't spend a dime on this game (my #1 challenge)
    2. Don't use crystal to refresh.
    3. Don't use Sim on cantina but do it manually while you're away doing other thing, like watching President Obama to give his last State of the Union Address.
    4. Don't max your character but handicapped them at level 50 for all the challenge that awaited you.
    5. Rank 1 is a trap

I think that might make things even worse for him haha
    No crystals to refresh, good luck doing anything with the limited energy pool, Gear RNG is a nightmare when you want purples...

Keeping characters at lvl 50.. Good luck getting through dark side 5 :open_mouth:

Rank 1 in arena isn't a trap.. It's the best rewards you can get each day should be the eventual aim of each player :p
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm with you, instead of raising the cap, they should focus on new characters (that we could actually farm on arena or GW), content, etc.
    Raising the cap will make everyone happy for one or 2 weeks then we'll be be bored again.
  • Options
    Cant_Deny wrote: »
    I think that might make things even worse for him haha
    No crystals to refresh, good luck doing anything with the limited energy pool, Gear RNG is a nightmare when you want purples...

Keeping characters at lvl 50.. Good luck getting through dark side 5 :open_mouth:

Rank 1 in arena isn't a trap.. It's the best rewards you can get each day should be the eventual aim of each player :p
    Hahaha

Well when you got every purple gears, then what? chase the next prerequisite? I smell burn out.

When I defeat a level 60 player on my level 50ish, it felt great because I'm the only one who can do it.

When I said rank 1 is a trap, it actually mean every players has to pay butt load of money to get there and guess who is the real winner?

hint: its EA

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm a bit surprised at the slow pace of updates, to be honest. I'm sure they pushed to release before the movie and then prepare an update for the movie launch. But then 4 weeks with nothing at all, including no new bundles or even crystal subscriptions, no bug fixes, nothing.. this is surprising. Most mobile games have at least small updates weekly. There were holidays in there, certainly, but again, it has been almost a month.
    I too find myself with little to do these days. The forums are more interesting than the game, and that's not a good sign.
    I am sure they are hard at work on the next update and if they are spending that time working on bugs and balance issues, then that's great.
    I do think the total radio silence on crystal subs is unreasonable, however. We were told flatly that they were only gone because of a temporary issue over the holidays. It's been nearly 2 weeks since then and nothing has appeared and questions about it go unanswered. It may take a long time to balance a whole new update. It does not take a lot of time to put a crystal package in the store.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    Game is dead. Nothing to see here. If you reach cap, the game is simply over.Raising cap only a temp fix. Find a new game, don't look back. It's only a EA game. Like the 1000's of games before this. Most have an expiration date. This game had 6 weeks.
  • Options
    They probably took a nice, long winter break and work normal business hours. Completely unacceptable for their business, and I mean it.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ^^ Ok bye don't let the door hit you on the way out!

@LocoAl
    You got a point there, it's not that big of a blast as it was when I first launched this game. That's the thing with most games though, you have to find a goal or way to keep enjoying yourself.

For me it's the building of toons, watching them progress and participating in a fun community (forum also plays a role here).
    I'm sure they will add more and keep in mind this game is just out. I think it has great potential and many things can be added to keep the fun.

I think many also would like a sort of clan/guild construction. Being able to play with a group (altho being it seperate) and have the ability to communicate (maybe even do wars vs other clans). That way when you log in and have nothing to do, you can still talk with "clanmates".

Did you ever play WoW or any other RPG on console or PC LocAI? If you've played games like WoW or Diablo it's more or less the same. I keep playing because I've invested time in it and have friends there but I rarely feel excited about it anymore ;)

• Options
    IDK that rank 1 is a trap per se. You just have to plan you arena refreshes accordingly. my rewards pay around 5 pm EST, and so I just look over my options at around 330 ish. If I can push forward and not lose crystals with a refresh, why not do it for the chance you get to earn crystals. case in point, I was around 60 (100 in rewards) yesterday, and paid for the refresh. With it I got to 17. (200 in rewards). I refreshed again I think and ended up at 10 (250 in rewards). So, I spend 100 in order to earn 150 more. You could say I trapped myself since I could have spent 50 to earn 100 (100% return) vs 100 to earn 150 (67% return), but the upside of top 5 was possible, but not meant to be.

Its a trap if you force it to be one.
  • Options
    I make my own challenges. Like trying to get through a cantina or light/dark side mission in 10-20 moves (depending on difficulty), or trying to run the wars with not retreats, or just my B team.. Etc.

Yup, the update can't come soon enough. :D
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are in a world of misery if you actually think the game will get better..1St impressions are 99% right on any game. What you see is what you get. They won't change the game in any major way with upcoming levels. Keep on dreaming. It will not change. Same stuff,over and over again, be it lol 70 or 80 or 100!
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Krix wrote: »
    You guys are in a world of misery if you actually think the game will get better..1St impressions are 99% right on any game. What you see is what you get. They won't change the game in any major way with upcoming levels. Keep on dreaming. It will not change. Same stuff,over and over again, be it lol 70 or 80 or 100!

I am not at any way miserable, more like excited.

You know if you read your posts out loud in the voice of Eeyore it's pretty funny.

Thanks for that.
  • Options
    @Krix
    So can you go away now? Think you made your point and it's funny to see you "know" this. You obviously know more than 99% of the community so based on your conclusion goodbye and don't need to post your trollings anymore. Game is dead when it has over 5 million users... right...
  • Options
    The core game is still great but recently it lacks activities, it just like players are leaved alone with no improvement or progress.

At least, they should have sale packs or subscribe for crystal, or some events to make the game more lively and after that maybe speed up other big updates and many modes that still unavailable.

Or, maybe we are being punished for denying to buy the end year pack, after low sale volume EA might make deision to stop everything and move most devs to other games that people buy anything throwing at them.

Well, actually i was just kidding..., i guess.
  • LocoAl
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    ^^ Ok bye don't let the door hit you on the way out!

@LocoAl
    You got a point there, it's not that big of a blast as it was when I first launched this game. That's the thing with most games though, you have to find a goal or way to keep enjoying yourself.

For me it's the building of toons, watching them progress and participating in a fun community (forum also plays a role here).
    I'm sure they will add more and keep in mind this game is just out. I think it has great potential and many things can be added to keep the fun.

I think many also would like a sort of clan/guild construction. Being able to play with a group (altho being it seperate) and have the ability to communicate (maybe even do wars vs other clans). That way when you log in and have nothing to do, you can still talk with "clanmates".

Did you ever play WoW or any other RPG on console or PC LocAI? If you've played games like WoW or Diablo it's more or less the same. I keep playing because I've invested time in it and have friends there but I rarely feel excited about it anymore ;)

Those kind of things are what I would like to get. My hope is that they unlock more game modes filling those holographic stubs in the home screen, so that I get more things to do.

Some of you have said that a way to keep going is to build your own challenges... I think that we all do that ("Now I want to farm this equipment, or this character", "Now I want get into top-10 in arena") but those are decreasing because I already maxed out the affordable things that I can get, and I just not going to spend a ton of money into the lottery of the data cards. Watch out! Just by giving my money directly for characters is not my way of fun neither.

I just would like to have a bit more of nice gameplay. I understand that in a freemium format things are different from subscription games like WOW, where you pay a subscription and can play as much as you like :)

I find @CronozNL 's proposal of introducing social features an amazing idea. I hope CG has some plans in that direction.

• ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What surprises me is similar to what @Qeltar mentioned above about the current lack of IAP. Just looking at the pricing here makes it clear in seconds that this is a cash grab and yet they have whales on the sidelines looking to spend hundreds of dollars and for them to not have something to feed those whales, it amuses me.
  • Options
    I didn't read the last couple comments. So if someone before me posted this, then whoops.

This game just launched. 95% of the games I played as they launched are the same. You do everything then have to wait until events starts. Once events start that pretty much becomes the game as everything else never gets touched again.

Then people complain about events. How its only p2w players can compete because they have the crystals to refresh.

New characters come out. Shards hit nodes, but the only way to truly have a chance at the character and 7* it to get it through packs. Again complaining about p2w only ones that can get it.

No events, or characters, no update. Everyone complains about not enough to do.

This is the best advice I could give, and might be best advice you get from anyone in this game. If you was enjoying it, but now board, then leave. Leave for something else and come back a couple months when stuff has been added, and could be having weekly events then. Course when you come back you'll be behind all us that does stay, but at least you won't be board like you were when waiting.
  • Options
    @Breetai thanks for your advice but I am not that bored... I just want more exciting things to do!
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    This game's mechanics is just pure profit for the dev's. If you can't understand that, then good luck on life. Your all out of luck. Profits before satisfaction. EA's 1ST RULE
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I still spend atleast 30-45mins each days.

I usually spend my 20mins at midnight. I refilled 2times so i can do all my shards mission (dooku, jedi, daka, boba etc) and do 5-6GW battles.

In the morning, lunch, off work. i participated in arena, sim and challenge.

At night before midnight i try to finish all my daily quest.

• Options
    @Krix I disagree. I like the game and EA/CG must win money with it. Otherwise there would be no game. They are not working for free and of course they want to win as much money as possible.
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    @Krix I disagree. I like the game and EA/CG must win money with it. Otherwise there would be no game. They are not working for free and of course they want to win as much money as possible.

Working for free? **** lol
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    When I said rank 1 is a trap, it actually mean every players has to pay butt load of money to get there and guess who is the real winner?

hint: its EA

I've spent $10 and have been rank 1 at the deadline more than anyone else in the past two weeks and I'm EST so it's not like it isn't competitive.

• Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    EA are the king of P2W
    Don't believe me?
    You got Lando or the other ridiculously OP toons only available through packs yet?
    The unfarmable toons own, you want, you pay.
    If you are F2P enjoy the long road, P2W need cannon fodder.
    Push another dime into that slot machine.
    My advice, never buy data cards, EA odds are low as ever. Constantly tweeked until the boards fill with people scammed like me, $120 on chromiums no new toons, just shards for useless toons never used.
    48 bronze 2 shards 46 equipment mats and counting.
    You see, there are no laws governing how a company can stack the odds, you start the app, you agree to the terms, plain and simple.

Edited because IPad spell check sux
  • Options
    Actually DeNA or Mobage are by far the WORST of forcing you to p2p. Granted they are the biggest of mobile games, thier games you'll have to spend a couple hundred just to hope for a top 300 finish in events, the events last 5-7 days then a day or 2 later comes then next event. If you spend only 1k a month, then you'll only place around top 500 in each event.

This game is by far the most f2p friendly I have ever seen. Here you can get 80% of the characters for free with some grinding. Most games I've played you'll only get characters from packs, or event only characters that you have to finish around top 150 to get just 1.

That's why i feel people talking about this being p2w have no idea what an actually p2w game is.

Go play blood brothers, blood brothers 2, or star wars force collection, then come back here and tell me if this is p2w. Well actually you could. These games you literally have to pay hundreds to just not fall behind to much, and that's not even trying to compete.
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    EDIT - Post edited for foul language. - EA_Jesse
    Post edited by EA_Jesse on