Teebo in raids?

Prev1
So what makes teebo so good? Just turn meter reduction? What if I don't have other ewoks? Is he worth the grind? Or is ackbar a better option against pigs with his dispell? Thanks!

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Apples and oranges comparison.

Yes, Teebo is good for his TM reduction.
    Yes, he is even better with more Ewok synergies.

Ackbar is also good, but for the debuff removal.
    Ewok Elder does the same, and more, with Ewok synergy to boot.
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

• TastyPants
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Teebo is one of the best toons for raids IMHO. He is immensely useful both against the pigs and against Rancor.

As already note by Timitock, you probably want both Teebo and someone who can dispel at least for the pigs. Elder pairs best with Teebo and also happens to be useful against rancor where admiral Akbar is not really that useful past the pigs.

Teebo get tm reduction and elder dispels, revives, and adds TM to teebo and other toons if you omega his basic. Then add in someone who can add speed down like RG, 5's or Phasma.

Personally my best raid team against the pigs and against is rancor is:
    Teebo L, OGJ (More tm reduction), Elder (dispel, revive, tm add), RG/Phasma (for slow), and 86 for pure DPS.

I am working on getting 5's up to par right now. He will likely replace my rg/phasma for the slow as well as add some DPS. I also need to get Teebo to g10 for potency up.
    Collaborative T7 guild looking for active members. Details here or PM me.
  • masters
    235 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Teebo tm reduction seems spotty at best against the rancor for me. Perhaps it's because I only have him at gl7. This is tier 5 raids.
  • Options
    masters wrote: »
    Teebo tm reduction seems spotty at past against the rancor for me. Perhaps it's because I only have him at gl7. This is tier 5 raids.

Until you get him G10 w/ a scanner, he is kinda spotty. 40% potency before, 80% after. Still better than any other TM remover IMO.
    He'll be SO much better when (IF) they ever fix his stealth bug.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ is pretty reliable TM removal...
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Chewbacca also good TMR for all Teir raids.
  • Options
    I cannot believe this bug still exists. It is infuriating.
  • masters
    235 posts Member
    Options
    TastyPants wrote: »

Yep, that bug drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Yeah, he is. He chips away and buys you great time to (hopefully) drop the Teebo hammer.
    I generally run, all level 80,
    Teebo 7* G10 (no scanner)
    QGJ 7* G10 (no scanner)
    EE 6* G8
    Ewok Scout 5* G9

5th spot I bounce between Phasma and my 6* Fives. Both G8.
    My Chewy is only 6* with no Omega, so he doesn't proc well at all.
  • Options
    masters wrote: »

Yep, that bug drives me nuts.

Same.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Yeah, he is. He chips away and buys you great time to (hopefully) drop the Teebo hammer.
    I generally run, all level 80,
    Teebo 7* G10 (no scanner)
    QGJ 7* G10 (no scanner)
    EE 6* G8
    Ewok Scout 5* G9

5th spot I bounce between Phasma and my 6* Fives. Both G8.
    My Chewy is only 6* with no Omega, so he doesn't proc well at all.

Have you considered Old Ben? Yoda?
  • Options
    can someone explain to me the teebo stealth bug?
  • TastyPants
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

He has a special that should stealth him for 3 turns, but if he is leader, and his leader ability to stealth hits (or doesnt) it unstealths him, so you lose his speacial way too early.

Since his Tm reduction ONLY works when he is stealthed you are sometimes forced to use his special to stealth him if his leader ability doesnt stealth him. Often only to have him lose it the very next turn (and it should have lasted 3 turns).
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

His scramble tactics special is supposed to stealth him for 3 turns. One turn is lost with his 100% TM gain. That means he should have the next 2 turns guaranteed stealth and come out of stealth with a 3 turn CD on scramble tactics.

When he is lead his leader ability can overwrite stealth from scramble tactics and he can come out of stealth a turn early.

Really hurts when you are depending on him being stealthed the next turn and he is not.
  • nords21
    35 posts Member
    Options
    M31Andro wrote: »
    So what makes teebo so good? Just turn meter reduction? What if I don't have other ewoks? Is he worth the grind? Or is ackbar a better option against pigs with his dispell? Thanks!
    Anything under Heroic raid he is the best character to have. Period. Although you want him on a full team of TM control to really understand his power.

When his basic skill is at lvl 8 he removes 100% TM if he is in stealth. With his 3rd skill he can stealth on command, which is great for emergency, but his passive maxed is 55% chance to stealth. It seems a lot more than 55%; its almost every turn he is in stealth.

At T6 there are many more resists, but a team like Teebo (L), Rex, 5s, QGJ, Chewie can do 6+ million with a little bit of RNG luck (non-resisted). On average the team will do 3-4 million damage in 1 turn.

T5 boredom is your only enemy practically. After killing pigs and the first phase or two of rancor you may finally die. People usually escape after doing pigs, rancor stage 1 to reset enrage meter if there is any and if he is close to eating your characters you put a sacrifice team in. Running the team I said also means not using the door. If you use door you need to reapply slow, which seems buggy (resist is way high).

Bottom line; even when not maxed on level or gear the maxed skills of Teebo (all skills help), QGJ (basic, 60% chance to remove 30%TM), Rex (basic, 100% chance to remove 25% TM), 5s (basic, for slow) and Chewie (basic, 40% chance to remove 50% TM) will get you far. The higher the level and gear the longer you live through hits and the harder you hit giving more damage in the long run.
  • Options
    nords21 wrote: »
    Running the team I said also means not using the door. If you use door you need to reapply slow, which seems buggy (resist is way high).

Wait, you dont use the door at all?? I agree the slow can be buggy and teebo's stealth bug sucks as well, but I seem to be able to slow the rancor just fine.

Interesting though, I may try this next raid.
  • nords21
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Anything under Heroic raid he is the best character to have. Period. Although you want him on a full team of TM control to really understand his power.

When his basic skill is at lvl 8 he removes 100% TM if he is in stealth. With his 3rd skill he can stealth on command, which is great for emergency, but his passive maxed is 55% chance to stealth. It seems a lot more than 55%; its almost every turn he is in stealth.

At T6 there are many more resists, but a team like Teebo (L), Rex, 5s, QGJ, Chewie can do 6+ million with a little bit of RNG luck (non-resisted). On average the team will do 3-4 million damage in 1 turn.

T5 boredom is your only enemy practically. After killing pigs and the first phase or two of rancor you may finally die. People usually escape after doing pigs, rancor stage 1 to reset enrage meter if there is any and if he is close to eating your characters you put a sacrifice team in. Running the team I said also means not using the door. If you use door you need to reapply slow, which seems buggy (resist is way high).

Bottom line; even when not maxed on level or gear the maxed skills of Teebo (all skills help), QGJ (basic, 60% chance to remove 30%TM), Rex (basic, 100% chance to remove 25% TM), 5s (basic, for slow) and Chewie (basic, 40% chance to remove 50% TM) will get you far. The higher the level and gear the longer you live through hits and the harder you hit giving more damage in the long run.

Image hopefully attached. if not here is link. http://imgur.com/z909euw
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah rancor seems more resistive after recovering from door drop.
  • Options

What tier is that?
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    T6 most likely.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    @nords21 Gratz! Got me beat most I had with one run was 5.8 m in T6 P2.
  • Options
    Teebo can be fan-freaking-tastic. Sometimes tho, like today for me, he can also hinder you. 70% of his hits got resisted.
  • nords21
    35 posts Member
    Options

What tier is that?

T6
  • nords21
    35 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @nords21 Gratz! Got me beat most I had with one run was 5.8 m in T6 P2.

Nice! I consider anything over 3 million to be a success. RNG can be infuriating sometimes.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone. Interesting. I have teebo at 4* but enough shards to get him to 6*, just need those pesky credits. I'm surprised most of the teams listed in comments do not have Rey...she usually produces 75% of my team's damage. Is it just because she doesn't have TMR or Slow? There should be room for a dps on the team and with her foresight I usually have no problem keeping her alive (and escaping)
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone. Interesting. I have teebo at 4* but enough shards to get him to 6*, just need those pesky credits. I'm surprised most of the teams listed in comments do not have Rey...she usually produces 75% of my team's damage. Is it just because she doesn't have TMR or Slow? There should be room for a dps on the team and with her foresight I usually have no problem keeping her alive (and escaping)

Rey is good to fill in a spot for one of the others if you don't have them. But each on the team fill a utility roll, TMR, TM add, Speed Down, Dispel. Rey is just pure damage. 3 TMR, Speed Down, Elder just rack up the damage, takes forever.
  • nords21
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Raid isnt about high damage but sustained damage - doesnt matter if you crit for 20k+ if you're dead in 3 turns. A TM team hit for 1-3k each hit but get 100+ turns each. TM control is way better. After losing the TM team I posted, I usually run Phasma (L), PL, Rey, Daka, and Clone sergeant. This team can, with the door, race to about 600k damage if slow is put on first turn. Each turn that slow isnt placed damage goes down 50-100k. After that I put my higest DPS together each turn and let it auto-run since 50k +/- is nothing... wait for another turn the next day.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Raid isnt about high damage but sustained damage - doesnt matter if you crit for 20k+ if you're dead in 3 turns. A TM team hit for 1-3k each hit but get 100+ turns each. TM control is way better. After losing the TM team I posted, I usually run Phasma (L), PL, Rey, Daka, and Clone sergeant. This team can, with the door, race to about 600k damage if slow is put on first turn. Each turn that slow isnt placed damage goes down 50-100k. After that I put my higest DPS together each turn and let it auto-run since 50k +/- is nothing... wait for another turn the next day.

Interesting. Need some credits to star-up my teebo...
  • nords21
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dont worry about stars as much at first. Get his skills up. Skill 1 and 4 first, skill 2 and then eventually 3 since it helps with pigs. Same goes for QGJ, Rex, 5s and Chewie. Get their basic skills up for TM reduction. Gear and levels add to health and damage. But TM reduction is key.

EDIT* RG can take the place of 5s as well since 5s is harder to get. Mind you that I saved tons of gems at lvl 70 with little to spend them on and splurged on shards in shipments. I also spend around $100 over the last few months to get gems for shards to build up better characters. Free to play keys are teebo, qgj, chewie, RG and clone sergeant. Rex and 5s over time.
  • Options
    Teebo can be fan-freaking-tastic. Sometimes tho, like today for me, he can also hinder you. 70% of his hits got resisted.

When this happens I usually retreat. I know it may be just superstition, but some battles just seem to have better rng odds than others. When I hit my QGJ right away I seem to hit slow on phasma and teebo on tm reduction almost always for rancor. If none of them are hitting I retreat until they start and the battles seem to go much better.
    EDIT* RG can take the place of 5s as well since 5s is harder to get. Mind you that I saved tons of gems at lvl 70 with little to spend them on and splurged on shards in shipments. I also spend around $100 over the last few months to get gems for shards to build up better characters. Free to play keys are teebo, qgj, chewie, RG and clone sergeant. Rex and 5s over time.

Clone sargeant? You mean Echo? If so he and Rex are not F2P.