Credit Heist. Hit or miss.

Replies

• Options
    No, This was a terrible idea.
    I don't see how people can complain about something like this... If you didn't want to invest in scoundrels, there's only one person you can blame & that's the person in the mirror.

If you thought it was a bad idea (I was one of them) how foolish do you feel now!? So stop with the complaining! This isn't EA's fault, you chose not to partake... You suffer the -1mil a week till you can. Simple really.

This is their fault. They forced thousands of people to waste money on an event that gives out next to nothing. 1 mil a week for over 10 million in spending. Really. Plus this event is going away long before you can make anywhere close to your money back. Bring back the old event becuase at least we know what a waste that one is.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, Finally a good challenge.
    Free credits guys, gotta love scoundrels one way or another eventually all heroes are needed or the meta shifts.

Think of this one as preparing for a change.

So far
    Droids
    Empire
    Rebels
    Clones
    Ewoks
    Lightside
    Jedi

Have all been needed at one point or another.

Are you prepared for a Sith event, Dark side event , Nightsister event or a First Order event?.

I doubt scoundrels only getting the weekly event isn't it they are bound to get another event. Plus Boba Fett is bound to get buffed or at least on the list that Anakin was on.

52 Million a year sounds good to me as a bonus. :)

No way people could complain about this. Heck i dont have any scoundrels ready but looking foward to the investment.

But....... i guess....
    2nk7xud.jpg
  • Options
    I think it will end up being a great event. I still can't participate. I need one more scoundrel. But it's not going to cost as much to compete as everyone is saying. You don't need 5 maxed toons. Just get a couple of the team that will be useful leveled up. I'm going to work on chewie, Lando, and dengar. They seem to have utility for other things too. I have cad at 4 stars, and I will aquire greedo, but I'm not going to put much in them. My other 3 will be what carries the team. So overall, I'm going to spend a little bit on characters I already wanted anyway. And in return they earn me a million credits a week. It's a win/win.
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    If you were not already farming scoundrels don't bother. I pumped 7 mil into characters that I may never use. If I do the math it would take months to get back my investment and much longer to "profit". Im not complaining I'm only saying that if you like scoundrels great. If not don't bother

Edit: I spent 7 mil so far and still can't beat tier 1

I leveld up few my scoundrels to 50 and have 2 over 60. Didnt invest more sinse i had a bad feeling about this and i was right. It does need good scoundrels and not some randoms like Enforcer or Zam just cant handle it. So overall i spent under 1m and saw how tough it is. Not for me in a month for sure.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    People have known there was a good chance of a scoundrel event since January. They've slowly released scoundrels over time from chromium (Cad Bane and Lando) and given everyone plenty of time to get them. Now for those of us FTP who branched out and got those characters get rewarded with 1mil a week.

+1 And people bemoaning the fact that Dengar isn't available automatically until tomorrow:

1) He is if you happened (or do happen) to have him show up in your Guild shipments.

2) There are 9 scoundrels already in the game - most of whom are easy to unlock.

People complaining that they don't have the toons, simply chose to ignore all of the information and availability of the scoundrels for the past several months. Similar to the people complaining that the Yoda event is coming back "too early".

Not to mention it is FREE CREDITS. It will come back once a week...for the foreseeable future. If you don't want 1 million credits each week, then don't invest in scoundrels. 2 months from now, the same people will still be complaining.

Threads like this are a reminder why I don't visit the forums much anymore. The constant complaining by people who want a lollipop, 12 million credits and 25 Vader shards for showing up is tiresome. Nerf the entitlement.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It will take months to break even on the investment you gotta put into lackluster scoundrels to complete these.

Mob Enforcer, Greedo, Nute, and Boba are all from shipments where there are so many better options. GW is devoid of useful characters beyond a point. I guess they finally got people to start farming the underpowered Cad Bane for something beyond lower tier raids.
  • Options
    It will take months to break even on the investment you gotta put into lackluster scoundrels to complete these.

Mob Enforcer, Greedo, Nute, and Boba are all from shipments where there are so many better options. GW is devoid of useful characters beyond a point. I guess they finally got people to start farming the underpowered Cad Bane for something beyond lower tier raids.
    Free credits guys, gotta love scoundrels one way or another eventually all heroes are needed or the meta shifts.

Think of this one as preparing for a change.

So far
    Droids
    Empire
    Rebels
    Clones
    Ewoks
    Lightside
    Jedi

Have all been needed at one point or another.

Are you prepared for a Sith event, Dark side event , Nightsister event or a First Order event?.

I doubt scoundrels only getting the weekly event isn't it they are bound to get another event. Plus Boba Fett is bound to get buffed or at least on the list that Anakin was on.

52 Million a year sounds good to me as a bonus. :)

No way people could complain about this. Heck i dont have any scoundrels ready but looking foward to the investment.

But....... i guess....
    2nk7xud.jpg

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I had to boost a couple characters in order to finish the two level 70 battles but it worked out. Just like Empire and Yoda events before it, if you don't succeed this time, you are able to see what is needed to prepare for it next week.
    I liked it.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Sugh...you dont have to lvl up scoundrels people!
    Just lando! And yiu should be working on him anyway!
  • Options
    Not a good idea; the limited choices to complete the event and those choices performance in-game make the investment not worth the returns. It will take roughly 2 million credits each character to level them to 70, that's 10 million - and to get that return on an event that rotates periodically is not practical. The only use for some of the scoundrel's is this event.

But of course this is the same event where unless you grind you pay 2200 crystals for gear, so....
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    I waited before investing in terrible scoubndrals.

Lando Max omega L
    Chewy g8 LVL 71 abilities 4
    Greedo G8 LVL 60 abilities 3-4
    Fett LVL 1 ability 1
    ME LVL 1 ability 1
    Bane LVL 43 Ability 5 G5

Lando was the hero.

Not too hard, the T2 ones came to Lando vs but that omega AOE carried the day. The fuzzball lasted enough to draw fire for Lando to kill.

1mil creds I say thank you.
  • Options
    Miss_Doll wrote: »
    Rich people get richer

This is not the case every1 had the time to farm scoundrels even from scratch if they wanted. Haven't given EA/CG any money and i'm still rank1 , completed all the events except the meh droids so far and also did this1 almost with lando alone. Some ppl don't know how to farm toons i guess? Ofc i've had time since late december so i have almost all the faction squads so if you are a newer player i understand w/o spending you may not have them, otherwise only bad players come whining about their own mistakes ;)
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Only Tier 1 has value since you can basically solo it with Chewie and Lando @ lvl 70.
    Start gearing up for Empire, Droids, and AOE as they're upcoming events.
  • Options
    This is actually fun. I spend about 1 million. It was worth it. A good Lando rocks this event, and I am glad it will be returning. My roster is not scoundrel heavy at the moment, and likely never will be, but I will invest a little to complete the level 70 challenge. Not sure how hard the level 70 tier will be. I don't think my squad can compete there yet.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It just needs max Lando, plus wherever your chewie was at and Lando is a useful toon so no loss getting him.

So it costs you 400 guild, 2000 arena, and 2000 GW in wasted resources for 1 million per week.

And even if you had to put in 10 million it's still a good deal as you could find it over the next 30 weeks finishing the L50 version.

It's easy free credits. Quit complaining.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    It's just one of those things. I was ready for this event but if they dropped a Sith event on us, or a Nightsister event, even with a fortnight's notice, I would be up the creek without a paddle. So maybe the people who couldn't complete this scoundrel event will have more luck at those events. And I will just be consoling myself a large gin and tonic.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    You choose your path, personally I can only finish the level 50. Maybe in a month ill get to level 70.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Not a good idea; the limited choices to complete the event and those choices performance in-game make the investment not worth the returns. It will take roughly 2 million credits each character to level them to 70, that's 10 million - and to get that return on an event that rotates periodically is not practical. The only use for some of the scoundrel's is this event.

But of course this is the same event where unless you grind you pay 2200 crystals for gear, so....

I'm confused where people are getting that you need 5 level 70 toons to do this.

I completed it with:

6* G8 level 66 Lando
    5* G8 level 76 Chewy (Omega'd basic for T5 raids)
    6* G7 level 64 Greedo
    5* G7 Level 56 Cad
    4* G7 Level 56 Boba

I actually geared up Cad a little bit after failing my first 70 run. First try he was level 34 and gear 3 and he needed that protection.

After my first success I ran another try with that group and lost so it's pretty close to the minimum. I actually leveled up Lando to 76 after and moved his abilities all to level 7. Reran it and could then almost auto-play. So lando is really key. So is having G7 since the protection matters. Chewy being leveled obviously helped but since he still doesn't do much damage the difference between Chewy level 70 and Chewy level 76 probably didn't mean much. I had 3 mil in the bank since I was saving specifically for this so only spending about 300k and gear to upgrade Cad was pretty surprising. I used the rest to upgrade Lando who I use in a bunch of fun GW teams (IG-88+Vader, Akbar+Phasma, etc.). Lando is part of a top-3 arena team on my Nov. shard so people who think he doesn't have value are missing the boat.

And of course Dengar as a replacement for Boba is going to help immensely.

• Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

I'm confused where people are getting that you need 5 level 70 toons to do this.

I completed it with:

6* G8 level 66 Lando
    5* G8 level 76 Chewy (Omega'd basic for T5 raids)
    6* G7 level 64 Greedo
    5* G7 Level 56 Cad
    4* G7 Level 56 Boba

I actually geared up Cad a little bit after failing my first 70 run. First try he was level 34 and gear 3 and he needed that protection.

After my first success I ran another try with that group and lost so it's pretty close to the minimum. I actually leveled up Lando to 76 after and moved his abilities all to level 7. Reran it and could then almost auto-play. So lando is really key. So is having G7 since the protection matters. Chewy being leveled obviously helped but since he still doesn't do much damage the difference between Chewy level 70 and Chewy level 76 probably didn't mean much. I had 3 mil in the bank since I was saving specifically for this so only spending about 300k and gear to upgrade Cad was pretty surprising. I used the rest to upgrade Lando who I use in a bunch of fun GW teams (IG-88+Vader, Akbar+Phasma, etc.). Lando is part of a top-3 arena team on my Nov. shard so people who think he doesn't have value are missing the boat.

And of course Dengar as a replacement for Boba is going to help immensely.

You completely missed the point of my comment.
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • x72821
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Given I just started playing last month I dont have 5 scoundrels, but I have already reached level 69 and the credit crunch so I wish the first tier only required 3, but they have made no secret the event was coming so I cant fault them for that, but there are characters that are worth more then 1 or 2 million a week, and I will keep working on them first so this event will have to wait

Thanks for the effort EA, but wont do any new dedicated low spend players an good
  • Options
    Somewhere in between.

I appreciate efforts to make us use characters outside of Doogie, QGJ and Rey.

I like the free 300k credits from running the easy side twice. My chewie basically soloed it.

I always enjoy new content. The build up to this may have overshadowed the actual execution, but I'll be happy to see it rotate in each time it arrives.
  • Options
    I think this is the first thing in a while that they've done that we can't really complain about. It's free credits, I don't see the big deal.
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    You choose your path, personally I can only finish the level 50. Maybe in a month ill get to level 70.

So how's does that make it terrible? You weren't doing profit mining before and now you have a weekly event that you are guaranteed more credits. You don't have to invest in more to get to tier II. It didn't cost you anything. Just don't get that you are saying it is terrible.
  • Options
    CEG9876 wrote: »

I had hoped to participate with Dengar. Sadly I will not have Dengar before tomorrow...and will then wait 6 weeks or whatever to try it and get another million creds behind...plus the creds I spent yesteday leveling up Greedo and Mob Enforcer
    !@#$!#%^!^!^
  • Options
    Love it, as a dolphin it made me rethink my roster. Don't have many scoundrels but I was able to limp to the finish line on the lvl 70 version. Appreciate the extra million every week or so. Will be leveling them up next to make it easier but definitely don't need to max them out for it!

For those struggling I was able to do it with the following Squad

Lando Leader lvl 80 G8 6* maxed his leadership ability to get that speed+
    Chewie lvl 72 G5 5* you could use him as leader to make everyone a little more durable
    Greedo lvl 71 G4 4*
    Cad Bane lvl 80 G7 7* you could use him as leader instead since he does evasion+TM gain
    Boba Fett lvl 71 G5 5*

I could auto through the lvl 50 version but it took 3 tries to clear the lvl 70 one twice, I had to get lucky and not get Lando stunned because he is really the only source of DPS that I have. The stun that Cad has helps a lot. Greedo is there mostly for show, he dies almost instantly. Boba's ability lock was useful to stop the aoe coming in but that just meant more stuns to deal with :)

Have fun everyone! If you can't get it now just keep doing GW and saving those credits and you'll be able to finish it too!
  • Options
    Kudos guys. This was a great event!!! Great replacement for the old credit event!! I enjoyed it. I will definitely be finishing off my scoundrels to make it easier.
  • Options
    Anything that gives credits I'm all for. However the opponents faced is really boring and uninspired.
  • Options
    I like the event even though I can only do the first tier. Regardless 300K is a good boost compared to the profit mining event. If you can get the million it is definitely worth it. The characters have use besides the event. You can use them in the last raid, and it gives you more options to play with other characters in battle. I have Chewy already maxed out, so this event made him useful for me.

My only complaint which is minor is that it would be nicer to have had 3 tiers instead of two. Level 50, Level 60, and Level 70. Spread around the credits some more so you can move up a little and gain some more. First level could have just earned 200K, the second 300k, and the last 500K.

Perhaps if there is a level cap increase to 90 we will see an additional tier that could be very useful in providing more credits for leveling up characters.

If you do not get on board with this, plan to spend lots of crystal when the level cap is increased otherwise work on your characters and reap the rewards of the event.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Its free credits, to bad its the same as any other event...
  • Options
    Was able to complete the 70 tier twice in 5 attempts with some pretty underdeveloped heroes, thanks to Cad Bane's leader ability giving me lots of lucky dodges.

Looking forward to this being easier next time though.