When's is the best time to Arena to break into top 100s?

Prev1
I'm 53 now and have been stuck in 100-200. Throughout the day I get knock down to ~220-180. With only 5 battles, I can climb up to ~160-140.

But then it's dejavu again the next day.

Any strategy around this?

Replies

• Options
    Not really, bit luck. Try investing 50 gems next time for 5 extra attacks and finish somewhere in the top 50 or 20. From my experience the higher you end, the less you will fall.
  • Options
    Ok. So 50 gems gives 5 more battles? Never tried because I thought it only gives 1 and I'd rather the precious gems on energy refresh.
  • Options
    You break in as long as you are able to beat the teams. Do one 50 crystal refill a day and just get as high as you can before your reset. Even that extra 5 attempts a day should clear you of the nonspenders.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, 50 Gems refreshes your 5 attacks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification. Will try next time I get some Gems
  • Options
    If not able to use the refresh just keep an eye on it and attack after you drop.

If you are dropping that badly though you might want to look at your team though. Use your final attack to set yourself up a good defensive team(no not a healer team) I always build my teams for both attack and defense. I know controlling the attack I can win with less power which is often the better defensive team, because once you know how the AI thinks and plays you can easily manipulate it to do as you want.
  • Options
    I'm running Sid Geo Luke JC Lumi

Probably too squishy eh?
  • Options
    @SirLoinsteak , I personally dont like JC that much, maybe you should look for a tank instead and that could give you more durability.

Also i think your still too "weak" for top 100, maybe a couple more levels and you could make it.
    Try not to waste too much crystals to refresh your 5 attacks, with the 5 already have should be enough.

Im lvl 58 and I`m between 110-70 (I use Sidious, Talia, Luminara, Phasma and Chewy) but i am not wasting my crystals on battles until I max my team and could get into top 10 or 5 (they just increased to level 70 as max, so i guess it would take me a while) so I prefer to save them for later.

Hope this helped you! ;)
  • Options
    I'm 53 now and have been stuck in 100-200. Throughout the day I get knock down to ~220-180. With only 5 battles, I can climb up to ~160-140.

But then it's dejavu again the next day.

Any strategy around this?

spend 50 crystals and take 5 more moves or 150 (total) to have 10 extra attacks.
  • Options
    Flackboy wrote: »
    @SirLoinsteak , I personally dont like JC that much, maybe you should look for a tank instead and that could give you more durability.

Also i think your still too "weak" for top 100, maybe a couple more levels and you could make it.
    Try not to waste too much crystals to refresh your 5 attacks, with the 5 already have should be enough.

Im lvl 58 and I`m between 110-70 (I use Sidious, Talia, Luminara, Phasma and Chewy) but i am not wasting my crystals on battles until I max my team and could get into top 10 or 5 (they just increased to level 70 as max, so i guess it would take me a while) so I prefer to save them for later.

Hope this helped you! ;)

JC has g8 and more HP than Lum. really low CD and great dps overall. I like her more than lum except for when you level up lum's heal to do 2 proc's which are mini-heals for nothing. Then it's 5 turns of no healing though.
  • Options
    Flackboy wrote: »

Hope this helped you! ;)

JC has g8 and more HP than Lum. really low CD and great dps overall.
  • Options
    Well, it also depends on what you use her for, Healing or attacking.
    I think her healing is just a plus, cuz she is not a natural healer but an attacker. @Rutank
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Problem with two healers and no tank is sid. Healing debuff and ff on geo/Luke and your healers will waste all their heals and do no dmg.
    The following turns most likely only your healers and Sid are alive.
    It just does not work with the predictable way AI handles healers and players stacking dmg on heal debuffs.
    I would suggest replacing JC with Poggle as soon as you can. This has extra synergy with geo and should put a lot more pressure on the enemy in defense.
  • Options
    Ideally / eventually id drop JC and Luke.

Lumi even is starting to outshine JC.

Daka + 86 might be good replacement for JC + Luke.

Or ... Poggle + 86 to replace JC + Luke.
  • SirLoinsteak
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I hope it sticks. Rank 95 with 30 min to go..
  • Options
    Ideally / eventually id drop JC and Luke.

Lumi even is starting to outshine JC.

Daka + 86 might be good replacement for JC + Luke.

Or ... Poggle + 86 to replace JC + Luke.

i have 86...tbh i wish i went GEO over him. He's great but i feel like all droid team makes him AMAZING while outside the droid formation he's good but not amazing.
  • Options
    I struggled with this for quite awhile also. The key is to have a team that isn't squishy in AI so when you've reached your limit of battles for the day you don't constantly get challenged. You should avoid using more than one healer IMO because the AI will often waste turns trying to heal characters with negative healing status effects. I often had a high/dmg to level up but then when fighting my last battle in arena I made sure to have a character that had counter attacks or higher HP to not lose rank. For me Kylo helped quite a bit with his counter and AOE. Now I'm sitting at 39 and don't seem to lose rank all day.
  • Options
    1. First thing to focus on is picking a solid group based on the characters you have. Or use shipments to farm for the team you want although this takes awhile and will put you a bit behind those who immediately farm gear and promotions. You can always go back and farm for Sid, lumi, etc. Getting the best gear and promotions for characters you already have will put you ahead a bit faster. Early on IMO it's more important to look at the galactic war and train/gear up a group of 8-10 characters to get through that. The materials and bonuses you get from GW will help you strengthen a team a lot faster and in turn help you get a bit ahead in the arena.

2. Some tips for arena though are to fight closer to the turnover, for me it's between 2 and 3 pst. And use 50 crystals to get an extra set of fights to push further up. The earlier you reach the higher ranks the better as less people can choose to battle you once you reach the top 50. Pick a starting 5 and focus on maxing out all the gear and upgrade abilities you can for that 5 as well as farming their shards as a top priority.

3. You can choose to focus first on getting the characters you want to use. Having a group that synergizes well is the most important thing to the arena. A team that gives each other bonuses may not initially defeat some of the spenders, but the ease of farming shards and getting those promotions faster will eventually give you an edge. And those bonuses stacking on 6 and 7 star characters will make the wait and hard work worth it in the end. Plus the AI defends better with a well synergizes group
  • Options

JC has g8 and more HP than Lum. really low CD and great dps overall. I like her more than lum except for when you level up lum's heal to do 2 proc's which are mini-heals for nothing. Then it's 5 turns of no healing though.

^ completely agree
  • Options
    It happened 2nd straight time today so I figured I would ask.

I finished #23 in arena, and got the inbox msg at 6pm to confirm that. About 6:20pm when I refreshed, I am all of sudden at #59.

Now, logically, I would think most players finish their battles before the cutoff time of 6pm in order to rank higher and receive bigger reward, and then battle again after midnight when it resets and gives 5 free battles. I doubt many players would save their battles or buy battles to play right after 6pm.

So why the sudden big drop? Usually I drop maybe 15 spots overnight, thats a 8 hour frame. Dropping nearly 40 spots in 20 mins after cutoff time doesn't seem normal to me.
  • Options
    I would also like this answered its been on my mind a lot. I was ranked 102 at about 6pm like the OP basically then after i refreshed i was at 159!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Well you are probably losing to people in a different time zone. Everyone receives rewards at 6 pm their time.

So if you are EST, those people could be CST. They would be getting rewards at 7pm your time.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I think the answer to your question is timezones, as it's 6 pm in the players timezone + people are taking there 3 battles for daylies just after midnight in there time zone
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    UK only server would be nice for me then to stop the imbalance of time zone difference which will sadly never happen.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Ahhh ok, I didn't know the cutoff time is time zone based, plus it only happened in the past 2 days.
    Thanks all for the quick response!
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    People all over the world play this game. In theory, there can be up to 24 winners at each spot. People in the next time zone after yours were making moves to get their highest rank for the day.

48 winners not 24.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Shanks wrote: »
    TommySitt wrote: »
    People all over the world play this game. In theory, there can be up to 24 winners at each spot. People in the next time zone after yours were making moves to get their highest rank for the day.

48 winners not 24.

Last time I checked there are only 24 hours in a day.