Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Karfax wrote: »
    "Are there going to be any additional changes to Galactic War?
    There are no immediate plans to make any further adjustments to Galactic War. We did recently increase the reward payout for each node and fixed a bug where players were facing teams that were based on the old Mods before we adjusted the stats on them."

sand + ostrich

This is great news! Thanks @EA_Jesse :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    "Hey guys, we just wanted to let you know that we're going to continue to completely ignore ALL of your complaints and tell you that we're gonna make absolutely 0 changes to Galactic Wars. We're so excited to tell you to go **** yourselves and fix things you don't care about. Thanks for playing and we hope you continue to ***** and moan and get frustrated with this aspect of the game that we've designed to be impossible for most of our players!"

-EA in their 7/22 update
  • TwiztidJay
    104 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Zeu wrote: »
    I do GW with only one team. My arena team. Never retreat never lose a toon.
    GW is not that hard ONCE YOU LEVELED GEARED AND MODDED UP.

yea once thats the big part and that takes forever unless u pay ea tons of real cash money the game is not that fun when u cant beat stuff it takes forever to get 5 people to 80 and then u are just destroyed cant make credits because dont have a team for it and on gw just get destroyed so no credits there. mod rate went down barly get nice mods. so how long if i soend no cash u think that will take. ive spent some money on this game because at first i loved it but that doesnt do much for me so i should be aggravated for a year or so and then i can play the game. i now know they want money more then they want us to have fun. Just be big boys and admit u made a mistake we all make them and relized its has a majior flaw that needs to be worked on. i cant be on arena because my 1 team cant make it through the gw alone. seriously what are u guys smoking over there in testing
  • h0rde
    6 posts Member
    Options
    I'll just reiterate my continued frustration with GW and that of pretty much everybody in our guild as well. The in-game guild chat is dominated by many of us complaining every day about how absurdly difficult the GW battles are, and how infrequently we all get through them. I'd appreciate EA monitoring this thread and reconsidering their decision to leave it as it is, with absurdly difficult squads at 6, 9, 11, 12. Surely there's a happy medium between finishing it every day (as I used to) and finishing it once every two weeks, if I'm lucky.
  • Options
    You know....this is all fine for those of you who are on newer servers. The problem I'm running into now on high end servers is that every single team I face is geared to the max with Mods. I've got probably most of the characters unlocked and over 65% of them are 7 star...top notch characters....I'm usually in the top 50 consistently bouncing from about 23 to 45 back and forth....GW seems almost impossible to navigate through all the way to the end due to the fact that by the time I reach the half way point literally everyou remaining team is gear maxed/ mod maxed and all are pretty much the same 5 characters...so yes...the balance might have been effective for lower servers...but for those of us on some of the oldest servers and the most gear will be completely exhausted of characters by the second to last round ...preventing us from having anything left for the last 2 teams. Why don't you haveAve the Devs do a case study and compare success rates before mods where implimented and then again after they were implimented. A lot of what wereally the highest spenders in the game are now quitting and the free to play players are mostly completely discouraged about the outcome...my recommendation...impliment something that makes mods not apply to GW...Look at your sales...ask EA for the Sales before mods...and then after...yea they probly picked up briefly....and now they are diving due to account abandonment...FTP is no longer an option...trust me...I'm not FTP...I just feel for you all that are..
  • Options
    For the record...every time I've posted something good of relevance....I've been threatened by a site moderator to be banned from posting...don't take my word for it...do the statistical research and see for yourself...I've seen atleast 20 of the top 100 on my server already quit....as in...they are no longer in the top 1000...when they were consistently in the top 10 fighting for the top spots...
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Karfax wrote: »
    "Are there going to be any additional changes to Galactic War?
    There are no immediate plans to make any further adjustments to Galactic War. We did recently increase the reward payout for each node and fixed a bug where players were facing teams that were based on the old Mods before we adjusted the stats on them."

sand + ostrich

This is great news! Thanks @EA_Jesse :smile:

from your lips to his rear.
  • Options
    The moral of the story is simple....apparently they just want you to make it to a 37k+ arena team and then GW is easy as you get a joke of a Node 12.....I just made it there myself and now for 3 GW's in a row Node 12 is a joke and I can finally finish GW.
  • Options
    EA
    Hey, we listen to your feedback.
    Us
    GW is too hard
    EA
    Ok we will make it harder.

How many times have they adjusted GW? Sounds to me that they haven't a clue, no plan, no leader, no idea of player base.
    So many have quit this game from my guild, all EA can do now is hope for is an influx of new players.
  • Options
    What a joke! Another day of unable to finish GW.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    QGJ + Teebo = See ya later Saint Han and RG.
    Both of these get cut a new one if up against Daka, rey, leia, RG & "one other". You have no option but to kill Daka first or she just revives everyone. While you're doing that, rey and leia (who is now stealthed so you can't target) wipe you out while RG likes to taunt while you're trying to kill the others. I reckon that if you're lucky, each member of your team will get 2 goes, at most, before being steamrolled.
  • Options
    Each of my last three GWs has featured a Phasma (l), Rey, QGJ, RG, STH team. Rey either has speed mods or offense mods. Paired with Phasma, she almost always has foresight. That is a tough team and is usually the end of my GW run.

For balance, all I ask is they remove enemy protection. They have in all LS/DS/Cantina/Challenges/Events, so why not GW which is the only one of all of those that feature modded opponents.
  • Options
    Ok really EA?

I finally have to add to this discussion. GW was perfectly fine until yesterday. Yesterday I didn't beat it despite having 73 toons. They are all ranging level 61 to 70's. 3 of them are 80. They are all gear 7 except for 10 of them who are G6.They are all four star and above except for 6 of them which are two and three star. There's no seven stars yet. How can somebody like this not beat it when every single day before that, I could beat it with Max 30 toons. The day before yesterday, I only used my A team and droid team. Then all of a sudden yesterday, every single team had nearly every single toon modded out to level 15. My highest mod is level 2.
    Today I just scraped through it but it really wasn't fun and took far too long. I think I only had 5-8 toons I didn't use. Everything I've been reading on here for a while now but didn't think would ever happen to me cos of my 73 toons and never having gotten close to getting through all those toons. Those toons worked hard for me today.
    This is NOT balanced. And anyone who doesn't agree is either fully powered or is yet to have it happen to them... just like me eventually. Nothing changed in my squad and I'm around 1200 to 1300 in Arena. So what is going on?
    You made GW harder. That was bearable. But then you added mods. Now we have a double whammy. Please either balance out mods fairly in GW or go back to the easier GW so we at least can have fun again.
    But in the end, you know what. I thank you. I've been way too obsessed with this game. Now that everything I do on it is frustrating and I can't beat it, it's not going to make me buy mods. It's giving me the reason at last to walk away. I'll let my nearly 5 year old son play the easier light and dark side battles and we can still enjoy it that way. But that level of frustration of being beaten by modded up teams has spoiled something great for me. What a shame.
    It's been a great 7 or so months.
    Wish you would have listened to the people. It's just not balanced and therefore it's just not fun anymore.
    There's my hat tossed into the ring at last.
  • Hex
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I have resigned myself that I cannot finish GW.

I get maxed G10 and G11 from Node 6 all the way to Node 12.
    I can manage maybe 3 or 4 of these teams but not 7.
  • Options
    The arrogance of EA on full display. Do what WE pay your salary for. We want Galactic War fixed and balanced correctly. Get to it and do your jobs.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I am tired of facing TI members in node 11.
  • Options
    still hate GW so much. Every day. Just raises my blood pressure. It's not fun in the slightest.
  • Options
    Bohdi_85 wrote: »
    The arrogance of EA on full display. Do what WE pay your salary for. We want Galactic War fixed and balanced correctly. Get to it and do your jobs.

You don't pay their salaries

With out people buying crystals there is no game and no work for them. We pay their salaries.
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    Options
    If I might suggest a tweak to GW:
    - heroes that have not been used before come into their first GW battle with 100% TM.
    - benching a hero gains them 25% TM per battle they don't participate in.

Currently if you get beaten by a team on node 11 or 12, your next squad gets very nearly wiped out by a full round of attacks before you can do anything. That's where I find most of the difficulty comes from at the end of GW. At least with this TM tweak, you could use your full roster to inflict some damage rather that just watching them get picked off before you get a single turn. It would significantly reduce my frustration with GW.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

You don't pay their salaries

With out people buying crystals there is no game and no work for them. We pay their salaries.

Yeah right. You and your 1 dollar a month. Lol

Pounds actually
  • Options
    What I think would make GW more fun and engaging would take a whole redesign.

It's a suggestion I've seen earlier in this thread. Making GW a thematic progression of increasingly difficult battles against a preset team.

This even keeps with the recent string of synergy-based challenges. But instead of restricting which characters the player can use, we would use our entire roster to take down specific types of teams.

For example, Monday could be using your entire roster to take down teams of Jedi.

This would allow you (CG/EA) to tune GW precisely how difficult you want, instead of relying on player arena teams.

The level can be set to the players' level, and then slowly increase and introduce stars, ability levels, gear levels and finally mods. This would make the early nodes super easy and quick, to alleviate GW taking too long to complete.

You can also adjust rewards based on level so the rewards are more suitable.

This would resolve a number of complaints: GW taking too long, GW being tied to arena power, and rewards feeling bad for some players.

Most importantly, it would provide better tuning controls for you to put GW precisely where you want it and also make it thematic and, hopefully, fun.
  • Twit
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I am just going to quit playing GW and probably the whole game soon... I will just go spend my money with clash of clans and get caught back up over there
  • Options

It's a suggestion I've seen earlier in this thread. Making GW a thematic progression of increasingly difficult battles against a preset team.

This even keeps with the recent string of synergy-based challenges. But instead of restricting which characters the player can use, we would use our entire roster to take down specific types of teams.

For example, Monday could be using your entire roster to take down teams of Jedi.

This would allow you (CG/EA) to tune GW precisely how difficult you want, instead of relying on player arena teams.

The level can be set to the players' level, and then slowly increase and introduce stars, ability levels, gear levels and finally mods. This would make the early nodes super easy and quick, to alleviate GW taking too long to complete.

This would resolve a number of complaints: GW taking too long, GW being tied to arena power, and rewards feeling bad for some players.

Most importantly, it would provide better tuning controls for you to put GW precisely where you want it and also make it thematic and, hopefully, fun.

Good ideas. The other way would be (again using pre made teams) to have nodes 1-4 be very easy ( well below you squad power) 5-8 be slightly below your squad power, 9-12 be at your squad power (not 8k above it)

No arena based teams so you'll avoid a maxed out fully modded old Ben team.

By using a pre made team Galactic War can showcase toon's alot of people never get to see. If the toons are shown to be good, people will spend to get their shards. Increasing the diversity in the game.

The biggest issue is protection not regenerating. If you've benched a team it should regen protection.
  • Options

Good ideas. The other way would be (again using pre made teams) to have nodes 1-4 be very easy ( well below you squad power) 5-8 be slightly below your squad power, 9-12 be at your squad power (not 8k above it)

By using a pre made team Galactic War can showcase toon's alot of people never get to see. If the toons are shown to be good, people will spend to get their shards. Increasing the diversity in the game.

The biggest issue is protection not regenerating. If you've benched a team it should regen protection.

Yeah. As with any idea, mine would take a lot of work, tweaking, iteration to get it in a good place. I tried to leave enough of the specifics ambiguous so they can tune it the way they want it.

I just think it'd be more fun, more thematic, and better variety. And resolve a lot of common complaints that I've read on here (and some I've complained about as well).

As far as protection goes, I still have a feeling that characters manipulate protection is coming. Whether regeneration, negation, or penetration, that's what I've always felt like they were setting it up for
  • Options

Yeah. As with any idea, mine would take a lot of work, tweaking, iteration to get it in a good place. I tried to leave enough of the specifics ambiguous so they can tune it the way they want it.

I just think it'd be more fun, more thematic, and better variety. And resolve a lot of common complaints that I've read on here (and some I've complained about as well).

As far as protection goes, I still have a feeling that characters manipulate protection is coming. Whether regeneration, negation, or penetration, that's what I've always felt like they were setting it up for

Yea I'd love something different from usual ray, rg, qgj, Ben and 5s teams. Would be great to run into a load of scoundrels, jawas etc.

So much potential here not being used.
    On another note I'd love a Guild arena to face off against guild mates and improve your teams together.
  • Options

Yea I'd love something different from usual ray, rg, qgj, Ben and 5s teams. Would be great to run into a load of scoundrels, jawas etc.

On another note I'd love a Guild arena to face off against guild mates and improve your teams together.

Or guild vs guild wars. Each week your guild gets paired up with another guild to face of against each other in some series of battles.
  • Options

Or guild vs guild wars. Each week your guild gets paired up with another guild to face of against each other in some series of battles.

Rng puts you against team instinct...
  • Options

Rng puts you against team instinct...

Dooku'chu. I choose you!