Game Update for 8/5/2016 - COMMENTS- ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev1345
Here are the notes for the update that will be fully rolled out on Friday. Please note that some of these changes are already live, but not all of them will be until August 5th.

General
  • The Omega Battles event returns on August 6th and 7th. Get your Jawas, Ewoks, First Order and Empire characters ready for this weekend event to earn those rare Ability Material Omega pieces.
    • Saturday, August 6th will require Empire & Ewok characters
    • Sunday, August 7th will require First Order & Jawas.
  • Daily packs are now available for purchase to help players build out their squads for Mod Challenges. Each pack will be available for 24 hours from August 5th - August 10th and may be purchased a max of 10 times each.
  • Galactic Gear Packs are available again for 24 hours starting on August 8th. They may be purchased up to 5 times.
  • The Sunday Guild activity “This Should Be Easy, Right?” has been changed from completing Cantina Battles to spending Cantina Energy.
  • The Daily activity “Battle Hardened” now counts any battle that uses Cantina Energy.

Bugs
  • Fixed a bug that could allow Jedi to Resist the Ability Block on Vader's basic ability.
  • Fixed a bug that caused several characters that apply negative status effects when they Counter to expire early. Characters affected include Aayla Secura, Count Dooku, Fives, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Kylo Ren, and MagnaGuard. (Note: other characters that do not normally have Counter Attack Chance may also be affected, and will be fixed in a more comprehensive future update.)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Vader's basic ability to deal damage twice.
  • Grand Master Yoda: "Masterstroke" will no longer grant Evasion Up when hitting a Poggle the Lesser with "Metal Hive."
  • Fixed a bug that caused many abilities that trigger on enemies with negative status effects to not consider Topple a negative status effect. Characters affected include Dengar, IG-88, Jawa, Poe, Resistance Trooper, Sun Fac, and Tusken Shaman.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the Turn Meter reduction effect Qui-Gon's Basic ability to ignore Evasion.
  • Corrected an issue where some of the stats gained through Mods were not properly increasing a Character's displayed Power value.
  • Fixed a bug with Echo's Follow-Up ability that allowed allies that weren't currently taking their turn to grant Echo Assists.
  • Wedge Antilles: "Red Leader" now functions correctly.
  • IG-88, Gamorrean Guard and Stormtrooper Han now have the “Scoundrel” tag.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Damage Over Time effects inflicted by IG-88's Leader Ability to be Unresistable.
  • Count Dooku, Asajj Ventriss, B2 Super Battle Droid, Nute Gunray, Geonosian Soldier, Geonosian Spy, Poggle the Lesser, General Grievous, IG-100 MagnaGuard and Sun Fac now have the “Separatist” Tag. No changes for these characters are being introduced at this time. In the future, these characters may be updated to utilize this affiliation or to adjust their existing kits to provide synergy.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/60202/game-update-for-8-5-2016/p1?new=1

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Please keep all comments On Topic and within the Forum Guidelines
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Can we get some kind of indication as to what changes went live last night versus what is live Friday? Obviously we figured out that 88's leader ability is live, and the (unmentioned) text update to the credit packs is live. What else?
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    What happened to Boba Fett updates? Is he not part of this weeks push? Cad Bane's Leader ability?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    No mention of the changes to credit packs? Lol
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    What happened to Boba Fett updates? Is he not part of this weeks push? Cad Bane's Leader ability?

Cad Bane was fixed one or two updates ago.
  • Options
    Great to hear that some events are coming back. That should be a weekly and monthly thing on a constant basis (depending on which event).

But I cannot express in words how disappointed I am that the community receives nothing but silence regarding Galactic War. 103,000 views and 3,300 comments later, one would think that stopping the bleeding and sheer anger would have been a priority. You're losing paying customers, would-be paying customers, diehard fans and casual players alike. This hasn't affected just one aspect of the gaming community, it has affected everyone. Many guilds are bleeding out or experiencing players that were daily that have now turned to occasional. And that is affecting our ability to build raid coins and tackle raids, which further compounds the issues we're facing with the credit crunch, gear shortages, gear bottlenecks, etc.

And what is up with drop rates? I am experiencing between 5-10% drop rates for low level purple shards. This week I had a span where I went 4 for 64. All too often I'll do 15 and get just 1 shard. Why does this game keep taking a bad situation and decide to make it worse?
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Looks good.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Well his evasion is supposed to be better than both Count Dooku and Old Ben but it doesn't work that way...
  • Options
    I would also like to see more low level purple crafting items added to the challenges. Some of the challenges just have 4 tiers so adding a 5th tier with items like Mk III Sienar Holo (I need about 500 of them) would be very helpful in assisting us loyal, daily gamers to advance our mid-level toons so we CAN use them in Galactic War.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Well his evasion is supposed to be better than both Count Dooku and Old Ben but it doesn't work that way...

Worked great for me when I used him in the credit heist
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, but do appreciate the communication.
  • Options
    FIX TEEBO!
  • Options
    Thank you for advanced notice for patch notes.
  • Options
    "IG-88, Gamorrean Guard and Stormtrooper Han now have the “Scoundrel” tag."

That's the best thing in this update. Which in and of itself is a wonderful development for those of us scrambling to create a Scoundrel team for the Credit Heist event. But also pretty sad considering some big items that should be addressed and are instead met with silence and "WAI".
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options

Worked great for me when I used him in the credit heist

Credit Heist is a lot different than GW or Arena though...
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Options
    So, I'm guessing a Republic tag in the distant future? That would be neat with a Seps tag around.
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Please read Mars ambassador 69 comments +1
  • Options
    How hard would it have been to include a half a GD sentence about the credit pack change?

Seriously, I'm asking.

How hard?

There has to be SOME reason he completely failed to mention it here, right?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Awesome!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Scroundrel tag, good.
    Omega events, pre-announced, good.

Bug fixes
    -Didn't Fix Teebo #1 complained about bug
    -Didn't fix GW
    -Didn't address drop rates
    -Didn't address Cantina Energy for mods too

Do you even listen to us?

DID ADDRESS:
    Buy more packs
    Buy more packs of this
    Buy more packs of that
    Please buy more data packs

Fat chance of that happening. I am not spending until you make this game enjoyable again. 2 hr GW is NOT enjoyable or fun, if I can even complete it.

Please make the game I spent money on ENJOYABLE to play.
    -Make mods possible to obtain and upgrade
    -Level GW playing Field and stop giving highest arena ranks easier victories.
  • Options
    Darth Sidious needs a tag adjustment...
  • GuNDaL
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How hard would it have been to include a half a GD sentence about the credit pack change?

Seriously, I'm asking.

How hard?

There has to be SOME reason he completely failed to mention it here, right?

Yes because it is false advertising..
    See my post 6 below this one.

• Options
    Thank you for running some events. We need them more often.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    FIX TEEBO!

yes
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Corrected an issue where some of the stats gained through Mods were not properly increasing a Character's displayed Power value.

For those overlooking it, this fix may help a bit with GW. Can only hope...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • BradGoodyear
    984 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Comment removed as per forum guidelines
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    AI not using AOE not fixed?
  • Options
    vynn wrote: »
    Corrected an issue where some of the stats gained through Mods were not properly increasing a Character's displayed Power value.

For those overlooking it, this fix may help a bit with GW. Can only hope...

This is our most desperate hour
    giphy.gif
  • Basajaun
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nothing about the huge bug in GW?, no fix?.

Oh wait, it's working as intended...

...so you can keep your packs for whales too.
This discussion has been closed.