Being forced to redo the tutorial

So i just tried opening the game which i played merely a couple hours earliest and even got a notification that my energy is full.

For whatever reason my game somehow reset and now I have to go through that ridiculously long tutorial.

What happened? I never reset my phone or anything so I can't explain why this is happening.

Can you please implement a way to skip the tutorial altogether which would be especially helpful if we change devices?

Replies

• Options
    This has happened to me a few times, and all you have to do is quit out of the game and then restart it. This has worked for me evey single time. If you don't know how to quit out then what you need to do is double tap the home button and swipe the app you are trying to quit out of up. This works for iOS, but idk abut android. Hope this helps you.
  • Options
    This has happened to me a few times, and all you have to do is quit out of the game and then restart it. This has worked for me evey single time. If you don't know how to quit out then what you need to do is double tap the home button and swipe the app you are trying to quit out of up. This works for iOS, but idk abut android. Hope this helps you.

Hey thanks for replying to me! Unfortunately for me, I am on Android. I've tried everything from exiting the game and killing it to restarting phone completely.

Either way, they really need to put in an option to skip that long and boring tutorial or at least have it be smart enough to link one's Google Play account (or check for one) before the game begins.

• Options
    This just happened to me too... very annoying bug. Force stop does nothing to fix whatever the issue is. :(

What a waste of time.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Log in to Google Play. You have been logged out of it, and so you're on the guest account. You could play through the tutorial as well on the guest account, until the point where you can access the options menu at the top left. Then you can hit that cog and select login in to Google Play. It is a very short amount of play/clicking to be able to access the cog, and at that point, whenever you log out of Google Play, you can simply cog/log to bypass.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    This happens all the time to me. What you need to do is go to android settings / applications, then clear data from Heroes app. Next time you start it will redownload parts of the game and will offer you to log in to Play. Are you using a guest account?
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Guest accounts have these type of problems. There should be a way to skip tutorial completely imo. I just switched phone and re-installed firmware on my tablet. Had to run through 2 tutorials before being able to load my own acc.

Anyway you need to login to SW:GoH if you already logged into google acc. Otherwise it will keep resetting.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I wish I could replay the tutorial so that I can actually get the achievement for it. Minor gripe, still annoying when it is the only achievement that I don't have unlocked.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1810/gamecenter-achievement-for-completing-the-tutorial-is-not-unlocking/p1
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Log in to Google Play. You have been logged out of it, and so you're on the guest account.

Nope, doesn't work.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Log in to Google Play. You have been logged out of it, and so you're on the guest account.

Nope, doesn't work.

That should be it. You need to log into your google play account. If you didnt set it up with your old account, then Im afraid your old account may be lost. Always remember to back up your game by signing into your googleplay account.
  • Options
    I changed the phone and I had to just do the tutorial and click on gear icon to log in to Google. Apparently the game does not recognize your login upon reinstall. I even went through Google play while signed in, and it still didn't recognize my account.
  • Options
    This is still a problem when getting a new device. I was signed in with Google Play the entire time. It made me go through the tutorial (which takes awhile, you have to do 3 battles, train a character, complete a daily, etc, before you can click on the options gear...you see it beforehand, but can't click on it until the training is done). Then, as soon as the tutorial is done and I click on the gear, it recognizes the play account and puts me back as my level 73 self.
  • Options
    Still a problem and none of the above suggestions let you skip the tutorial and login on a new device. To top it off, my game keeps crashing on the 2nd battle of the tutorial. So I can't even get to the point to login. I went to settings and deleted everything in the game and when I opened the game, it just redownloaded the tutorial for me to start over. The only reason I bought this device was to play my android account of swgoh on it.

PLEASE fix this EA and Capital games. I'm at a loss for what to do.

• Options
    They don't have an answer for it. I've been waiting weeks, had countless discussions with support, watched the issue bumped up to the technical team, after which everyone vanished and I've heard nothing. I'm still having to play the game on my old phone after nearly two months.