I hope you have lots of new game modes incoming.

Can't speak for everyone but I am getting very bored doing the same events over and over. In a time when online mobile games usually have more features than you can finish in a day SWGOH.....not so much. I've already had 4/5 real life friends quit or barely log on one of which was a huge spender. Not saying anything negative about the game, I think it's a well designed game. But almost 2 months of the same missions gets kinda boring. The level cap increase was great but did little to spark any motivation to log on much less spend money. Why would I spend money trying to get a level advantage when in two weeks we will all be stuck at 70 again for everyone to catch up?

Im taken back by the Zero amount of information from developers about new game modes that will be introduced and the timeline in which that update will be live. I truly hope you change this trend of non information. If you're going to release a partially completed game the least you could do is give us detailed information on what the new game modes will be to give us some motivation to not uninstall due to repetitive boredom.

Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    +1 for more to do.....

Run out of energy and finish everything in about an hour

Then log in one more time and sim the rest

Needs more to do!
  • Options
    I want tonnes more not for boredom though but addiction and 12 hour night shifts to kill lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    FYI, @CG_JohnSalera said on the weekend that @EA_Jesse would be previewing some new upcoming stuff sometime this week.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    FYI, @CG_JohnSalera said on the weekend that @EA_Jesse would be previewing some new upcoming stuff sometime this week.

I saw that too, can comfirm. Waiting eagerly.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope this becomes the new demand of the forum. New content.
  • Options
    it sucks when everything runs out and you cant even do a single battle anymore. Sometimes its fun to just battle, so I hope they put in a practice mode or something like that where you can just setup test fights that you can do an unlimited amount, no rewards obviously, just for fun and something to do when you've done everything else
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Indeed.
    *bangs fist on table* More content, barkeep! And another Corellian Twister!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Indeed.
    *bangs fist on table* More content, barkeep! And another Corellian Twister!

*shakes his head*
    "I'll have a ebla beer and a Lum for my friend here"

:D
  • Options
    I want tonnes more not for boredom though but addiction and 12 hour night shifts to kill lol.

Amen, this game can eat up a long shift, but it's starting to become repetitive. Hopefully ea can open up the nodes they already seem to have planned and maybe if we promise to be good kiddies make more!
  • Options
    @Rolf

*whispers to Rolf*

"This cantina is not the kind of place to order such a beverage, Try this Lum".
  • Options

Right. I decided to stay away from the nerf posts and such a I get agitated quickly. Beyond the lack of content I don't have complaints regarding actual gameplay. But it's content that keeps me playing not chasing the FOTM team combo. Hopefully the new information will be here sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »

Right. I decided to stay away from the nerf posts and such a I get agitated quickly. Beyond the lack of content I don't have complaints regarding actual gameplay. But it's content that keeps me playing not chasing the FOTM team combo. Hopefully the new information will be here sooner rather than later.

+1000
  • Options
    I do get bored here and there but I've found over time that my views have changed on things. Currently, I've come to a new mindset that I'd rather see the bugs fixed before they roll out new content.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Can't speak for everyone but I am getting very bored doing the same events over and over. In a time when online mobile games usually have more features than you can finish in a day SWGOH.....not so much. I've already had 4/5 real life friends quit or barely log on one of which was a huge spender. Not saying anything negative about the game, I think it's a well designed game. But almost 2 months of the same missions gets kinda boring. The level cap increase was great but did little to spark any motivation to log on much less spend money. Why would I spend money trying to get a level advantage when in two weeks we will all be stuck at 70 again for everyone to catch up?

Im taken back by the Zero amount of information from developers about new game modes that will be introduced and the timeline in which that update will be live. I truly hope you change this trend of non information. If you're going to release a partially completed game the least you could do is give us detailed information on what the new game modes will be to give us some motivation to not uninstall due to repetitive boredom.

Thanks.

+1 for new content.
    +1 for content that is actually fun as well.
    I do get bored here and there but I've found over time that my views have changed on things. Currently, I've come to a new mindset that I'd rather see the bugs fixed before they roll out new content.

+1 for fixing bugs.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    I feel bored
  • Options
    I think CG is understaffed. EA not giving them much money to really improve the game.
  • Options
    Do we even know how many coders work on the game? I know from experience that game studios don't necessarily have just one coder or team assigned to do everything, one/some may work on fixes, same for new content etc. So, we may get bug fixes and new content being worked on in parallel, or we may not if the studio is too small. No Idea, has any information come out?

It seems they're making a fair bit of money, the whales along with the big number of downloads would, well should see a good number of at least micro transactions happening. Plus I think I saw this in the high grossing list on Google play, haven't bothered to look for a bit, school holidays here means I'm rather busy with our 2 young kids at home.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    @Rolf

*whispers to Rolf*

Crap, now they're all looking at me...
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    We really need more content. I'm the last holdout in my family. Everyone else has quit and gone on to other games.
  • Options
    Yes, there needs to be more content and (hopefully) GOOD content.

Overall I think the app is pretty good but there is no question that it has become boring after 7 weeks. GW used to be what I'd look forward to but I completed it a few times before the change and have done it every day since the change so it isn't as appealing now.

Arena mode's design is IMO, flawed and it is just swapping spots with the same group of people every day. Not much incentive there for me since there is the high probability I will just be back to where I started the day before.

All the other stuff is just grinding for the materials/gear/shards and I just sim the fights.

• Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Do we even know how many coders work on the game? I know from experience that game studios don't necessarily have just one coder or team assigned to do everything, one/some may work on fixes, same for new content etc. So, we may get bug fixes and new content being worked on in parallel, or we may not if the studio is too small. No Idea, has any information come out?

It seems they're making a fair bit of money, the whales along with the big number of downloads would, well should see a good number of at least micro transactions happening. Plus I think I saw this in the high grossing list on Google play, haven't bothered to look for a bit, school holidays here means I'm rather busy with our 2 young kids at home.

They are a small studio so this could be holding back development, fixes and support, but I can't say for certain. If you go to the Capital Games home page, they have a picture of their team outside of their office and the crew seems to be under 50 people. Hopefully, many of them are developers but if this is indeed the whole team, they're surely going to be overworked.

Since they also have HODA going at the same time, I checked out their forum and the users there are waiting for new content so that may be a clue. I'd gather they had to pull people off the HODA team to work on this since we can assume that SWGOH is a more lucrative contract and would take precedence to HODA.
  • Options
    Hell yeah, new content! It not like it takes new significant amount of time or resources to create new modes or characters, QA and regression test these new modes and characters and then implement these new modes and characters. This game is free to play, give me new things to play for free!!!

B)
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    @Rolf

*whispers to Rolf*

Crap, now they're all looking at me...

:D
  • Options
    effdash wrote: »
    Hell yeah, new content! It not like it takes new significant amount of time or resources to create new modes or characters, QA and regression test these new modes and characters and then implement these new modes and characters. This game is free to play, give me new things to play for free!!!

This may not be true if they are making new characters or backgrounds to play in, but if they reuse certain pieces this could save time. I'd say new characters and their animations take the longest to do, but I'm guessing since I'm not an Android/iPhone developer. If this were Windows, I'd be able to say with very high accuracy....
  • Options
    Starving for information
  • Options
    New update information would definitely be nice!
  • Options
    I agree with the lack of information is annoying and new content needs to be released soon. It's very boring when at reset i can finish everything in 45 mins. I haven't spent any money this month and don't plan on it in the future. Seems like they don't ban cheaters, fix bugged people or communicate well with the players. Sounds like Kablam all over again.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Yes please. More game modes, lets hold off on another level cap raise.
  • Options
    I persuaded 5 of my friends to start playing and they are big spenders. They love the content they can play and it suits their real life schedule perfectly.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting