Qui-Gon and Teebo when raiding

Darth_Keith
190 posts Member
edited September 2016
I've been wondering what is better to do in this situation:

Teebo is stealthed and it is Qui-Gon's turn.

Do you Quick Strike with Qui-Gon for a 65% to remove 30% turn meter?

or

Do you Harmonious Assault with a 25% chance to call Teebo with a 100% chance to remove 100% turn meter?

Replies

• Options
    Always his basic. What usually happens is you call Phasma or someone else non-TM and then you're just mad...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Always his basic. What usually happens is you call Phasma or someone else non-TM and then you're just mad...

This. Sometimes I will gamble and use harmonious assault if Qgj hit is gonna put captian or rancor to 100% tm, most times it doesn't work.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

This. Sometimes I will gamble and use harmonious assault if Qgj hit is gonna put captian or rancor to 100% tm, most times it doesn't work.

Lol yup he's like 'THIS. IS. SPARTA' but kicks himself into the hole...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    It depends on the TM of GC or the rancor. If they are almost full I'll call the assist and take my chances, as the 30% TM from the basic isn't likely to make a difference. If they are 75% or less I'll use the basic.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Lol. Of course it is even worse when he calls stealthed teebo and tmr get resisted.
  • Options

Lol. Of course it is even worse when he calls stealthed teebo and tmr get resisted.

Oh naturally yes. If there's anything Teebo can do best, it's giving you false hope before kicking you in the nuts.
  • Options
    My team is teebo, qgj, GS, elder and phasma.

If teebo is stealthed, I almost always call assists. Maybe that's not the best route, but it works for me.
    Even if he doesn't call teebo, he could call elder to give my team (and teebo especially) the tm they need.
    For GS attack, he has a 75% chance of calling someone who can help turn meter for me (only phasma won't help). Qgj has 50/50 as GS and phasma won't help.
    Often I find that they will call elder, following which elder takes his regular turn and then teebo is up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Depends on where the captains tm is at, but with my lineup I will use harmonious assault, if it's teebo great, if it's ee still not bad, I run 5s and rex...so if it's 5s that sucks, if it's rex it's good...so basically 3 out of 4 are a good option and I will take those odds. I do this because you don't know if the next turn teebo will be stealthed or not.

But that's only when captain is below around 50% TM and I know teebo's stealth special is still in cool down.
  • Options
    Best is when Rancor takes out everyone and leaves these two. It's game on! Did pretty good with Fives and Teebo too
  • Options
    Best is when Rancor takes out everyone and leaves these two. It's game on! Did pretty good with Fives and Teebo too

I once did 10% on rancor T7 with only QGJ and 5s it was awesome.
  • Options
    If rancor has low TM and speed down then QGJ assist attack. I found in the long run it worked out better
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't always do the basic. If Potency is high by both u can use qgj's secondary, if tm of enemy is lower than 25%
  • Options
    It depends on the circumstances. Here are some in which I would call assist. In all cases, obviously this is only when Teebo is stealthed.
    1. If Captain or Rancor is close to max TM anyway, as others have mentioned, he is likely to take the next turn anyway, so you have nothing to lose.
    2. If you have another TM reducer (e.g., Rex, Scout, Chewie) aside from Teebo, plus Elder. Odds are good that you will wipe TM or gain enough to let Teebo go up again.
    3. If you have Dengar and Elder. There is a chance that Dengar will call an additional assist, for which 3/4 (Teebo, Elder, or even QGJ himself) will be helpful for TM.
    4. If you are sure Teebo will get a turn and has Scramble Tactics ready just in case he comes out of stealth.
    My current raid team is Teebo, QGJ, Elder, Dengar, Phasma, but once my Scout is ready, Phasma will be redundant (crit chance mods on Dengar in that case).
  • Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    It depends on the circumstances. Here are some in which I would call assist. In all cases, obviously this is only when Teebo is stealthed.
    1. If Captain or Rancor is close to max TM anyway, as others have mentioned, he is likely to take the next turn anyway, so you have nothing to lose.
    2. If you have another TM reducer (e.g., Rex, Scout, Chewie) aside from Teebo, plus Elder. Odds are good that you will wipe TM or gain enough to let Teebo go up again.
    3. If you have Dengar and Elder. There is a chance that Dengar will call an additional assist, for which 3/4 (Teebo, Elder, or even QGJ himself) will be helpful for TM.
    4. If you are sure Teebo will get a turn and has Scramble Tactics ready just in case he comes out of stealth.
    My current raid team is Teebo, QGJ, Elder, Dengar, Phasma, but once my Scout is ready, Phasma will be redundant (crit chance mods on Dengar in that case).

On the contrary to the first point, QGJ comes in clutch when you need him to, esp on the rancor. If QGJ lands the TM down when he rancor would normally take the next move, that's another chance to get Teebo to attack before he moves and you can start his TM over again.

I'd rather take QGJs 65% chance to remove TM over the 25% to call Teebo.
  • Options
    If Rancor is slowed with decent tm left before his turn and Teebo will have his stealth ability available on his next turn, take the assist.
  • Options
    I always use his assisted attack when available. Deals bigger combined damage and always solo p1. Teebo, qgj, fives, phasma and rex. YMMV pending on roster.
  • Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    Don't call assist if the rancor's tm is nearly full! That's a mistake, in my eyes.
  • Options
    I would never use harmonious assault, even if Slimey's meter is almost full, when I could still have QGJ have a better than 50/50 chance of getting a tm hit on him. I'd maybe risk it on tier VI because it's possible to claw things back under control, but no way on heroic.

It's arguably a mistake even when the meter is almost empty, since it can fill so quickly and a probable non tm hit will only fill it faster. You'd quite likely be making it harder to maintain tm control not easier.

It's tempting to land extra damage or run the odds of a cloaked Teebo hit on a bonus attack, but QGJ's odds of a last second tm hit are better on his basic, especially with his potency over 100%. And the number of times Teebo has had a "resisted" result... Assuming he even ends up being the lucky toon with a bonus attack...

The stakes are too high to risk taking bigger gambles, normally once tm is lost everything starts to fall apart pretty quickly.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Options
    If your potencies (i use Rex too) are very high, u can use harmonious attack when tm is very low and the Rancor has the speeddown buff.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    From someome who can solo the raid.
    NEVER use any of his specials, unless the door is down.
    Always always use his basic.
    If your EE or teebo is fast enough 30% = another round of teebo
    Once again ONLY use QGJs basic
    It does not matter how much TM rancor has. Only use his basic.
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Options
    Silleck wrote: »
    From someome who can solo the raid.
    NEVER use any of his specials, unless the door is down.
    Always always use his basic.
    If your EE or teebo is fast enough 30% = another round of teebo
    Once again ONLY use QGJs basic
    It does not matter how much TM rancor has. Only use his basic.

Yes completely agree. Stricly basic