If Poe was to be nerfed, how should he be nerfed?

SilverSargeant
85 posts Member
edited January 2016
I personally think we need to wait till TRUE endgame to nerf anyone. But with all the OP cries he's probably going to get nerfed.
Edit: Forgot to put "other" as an option.

If Poe was to be nerfed, how should he be nerfed? 66 votes

Get rid of 10% turn meter down so your whole team goes before the other.
46%
HyperalloyDaishiJJHThundergodSlyGambitHavokTriggerBlamDrPancakesClintos_FreshmakerxJazzxBreetaimeanprideNutteralexCleanerTakLlewellaIlzasolderboyjx25Siropo99Pamed_Uleiros 31 votes
Take off ONE speed point so he goes to turn eight speed.
13%
FakeRobboTop_QuarkDaykosDarthMasterShawnNargoth33HeronmarT0mmyB23JohnnyMakeBelieveNeoh 9 votes
Take off his expose feature.
10%
Darth_AllycodemambaDeathSSlayerpay2winSitzpinklertwallerWillkimm98 7 votes
Make his taunt last one turn.
16%
SenpaiBishopccfooRogerfanAndrewduffmc81ArenHamJiggywiggySgt_StrategyPengjewuinTogrutaPowerAySteezy 11 votes
Lessen his health.
0%
Take away some Tenacity.
12%
PoerliRandalll3end3rArijitEradicatedhanMousseTampiJediLeriche 8 votes

Replies

• Options
    I think if he didn't take away turn meter he'd still be a powerful character he just wouldn't let your team all go first.
  • Options
    I saw this on Reddit and thought it was a good idea..

If they decide to change abilities on somebody, I think it's only fair that they provide a way to refund the gear and ability tokens that one used to get that character up. If somebody spends weeks gearing up and getting materials to get to a level and then they change the abilities of that character it is not only a game changer, it's pretty unfair to the players.
    With Barriss they refunded $$, that is one way to do it, but for a Poe or a TF (or an ewok even) there might not be that avenue. This might make things a little more palatable. I know other games have used this method and it does lessen the sting of the nerf bat.
    .... And before anyone says "He was OP" or "They should have known", remember the bat might fall on you next time.
    Just a suggestion, I really like this game and don't want to see it affected in these early stages by unforeseen circumstances. Adjustments will inevitably have to be made for balance, but try to make it fair for the player base.

I just hate to see another F2P toon Nerfed..
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    None of the above! Just make Turn Meter manipulation resistable, and make armor, defense up and general defensive stuff in the game useful!
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I never ever had a problem when I facing Poe, and I'm no pro.
    I wonder what makes you want to nerf him.
  • Options
    I don't want to nerf him, but a majority of people on this forum complain about him.
  • Options
    People will continue to cry nerf until we are all playing with nerf dart toons.

One thing is "OP" and gets nerfed then another thing that never was mentioned before is now "OP" because it's getting more attention and the vicious cycle continues
  • Options
    Nerf nothing... find a way around it.

QGJ is an example of how to get rid of poe's taunt. I trade places with a guy for 1 spot in arena. He runs lumi, jc, barris, qgj, and fotp.
  • Options
    Where's the option for all of the above? :p
  • Options
    All they have to do is make the turn meter reduction resistible.
  • Options
    @Otar and @nubsors
    I like that idea. I think that would work.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

QGJ is an example of how to get rid of poe's taunt. I trade places with a guy for 1 spot in arena. He runs lumi, jc, barris, qgj, and fotp.

Nobody gives a darn about the taunt
  • Options
    Take away some Tenacity.
    Make his turn meter resistable. At least some of my toons get to go. I used him to gain rank 2 today. My poe was fastest so I was winning against strong teams like all droid and even teams with poe. Sometimes my poe was dying in first round but the trun meter allowed me to take 1 to 2 toons. So the game changer is 100 chance to reduce trun meter.
  • Options

Wrong. I run a 7* qgj in gear 8. Sure you can drop his taunt, but that's after 2 or 3 of your characters are dead and poe has done his job. His job that there is no counter for.

Even without turn reduction, poe would still be a powerful character, as there is only 3 people that could drop his taunt, and only qgj is fast. But I would be all for resisting as well. That gives reason start useing toons like aayla or fisto as leader

• Options
    Take away some Tenacity.
    Don't nerf Poe :(
  • Options
    Take out or make turn reduction resistable. I think he should keep his identity as being the fastest taunter as the taunt itself isn't the problem at all. You could take out his taunt and expose and he would still be really strong just because of that turn meter reduction.
  • Options
    The thing is, resistance characters revolve around exposing, just like first order revolves around advantage. So if you took away Poes expose he would not fit in with the other resistance heroes.
  • Options
    Option 7. Double health in the game or increase Armor/Defense to a % rather than a strait reduction and modify Advantage.

The problem is people die to fast. If Poe was just a target for one turn, died, and both teams started the "second round" at 4 v 4, he wouldn't be overpowered.

If they are going to nerf Poe though, they should at least replace the turn meter reduction with something that helps resistance. I would say two turns of speed up for Resistance team-members and 10% turn meter boost for Resistance on the last level up (the one that jumps the reduction from 20 to 25%).
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

When QGJ removes the taunt, the damage is already done
  • Options
    Agree with many others. Just take away the turn meter, hell you could replace it with something even, and Poe still remains an effective fast taunt, just without the ability to make his whole team go first.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    No nerf
  • Options
    If you have to nerf him then remove his AOE turn meter but buff his basic attack to remove turn meter from ONE character. That way is a balance rather than a straight nerf. Poe will still be reasonably effective in protecting DPS attackers from other DPS attackers but he will now have some added utility if he ever makes it to the second round or if you're using him in GW.

Also think the option to resist the turn meter AOE is much, much better. While Poe is the main turn meter culprit today there are others out there.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    None of the above. Split his current taunt ability then stick the tenacity onto one of them.

Make all turn meter penalties resistable
  • nubsors
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DOuble post, my bad.
  • Options
    Take off ONE speed point so he goes to turn eight speed.
    I hate to see nerfs but fair is fair there is more outcry for him to be nerfed than Barriss so to be fair he should be as she was. He was at least free, many of us PAID for Barriss only to have her nerfed. Like Barriss after nerfing he will still be useful.

I'm for slowing him so a few players will go before him to give you a shot, or removing his turn meter down so you are not a sitting duck for 1 shot toons.

Regardless I think tenacity needs to go down whichever. He is next to impossible to stun. I face him over a dozen times per day with fully leveled stunners like Daka, Luke, Ventress, Dooku and if I stun him 1/12 or 12 that is a lot. Heal immune sticks maybe 1/4.

Yes I can beat teams with him, but I also lose to them too, nature of the beast. His overall package though "leaves other tanks in the dust and makes them obsolete" Which was EXACTLY why Barriss was nerfed we were told.
  • Options
    I posted a thought to move some of the over tuned/powered characters to having those powers moved to a faction specific group. Like Poe could stay intact 'as is' in an all resistance group, but loose his turn meter manipulation in a group that is from different factions. I really think something like this would help balancing and change the way we nerf/buff.
  • Options

Yeah $500 is one way to lessen the effect. Any other idea?

• Options

The taunt is not the issue. Its the speed in combination with reducing the enemy turn meeter. There is no counter to that.

• Options

:D