First and foremost I want to say I don't much wrong with this event. It's fair and the prize looks worth the effort. Unfortunately, the challenge is in gathering and promoting five Rebels so I can't speak to the last 2 Tiers. If it were up to me it would be different but that's a matter of taste more than the devs doing something wrong
The main reason it's so disappointing is it's another
rebel event and it's even harder to meet the requirements than the last. It's not like, "Oh hey, you couldn't do Military Might? Here's something totally different that you might have the right team for." No, instead it's like, "Oh, you built a team to complete Military Might? Well too bad, because now you need a complete rebel team to do this event." And it's fine that there is a rebel only event--there should be!--it's just that it would be way more fun if we had some other stuff first and if we got some variety in the format of events.
Here's some ideas:
- General Kenobi - Take six Separatists in and take out a long string of Clone Wars era Jedi to unlock Clone Wars Obi-Wan and other clone war era shards. (Re-release $5 Dooku for newer players who missed it; re-release Geonosian pack.)
- Nightbrothers - Use three Nightsisters against Savage and Maul for Darth Maul and other sith shards. (Use this event to unveil new Maul and Savage synergy, Savage and Nightsister synergy, and release a few new Nightsisters.)
- Wanted Wookie - Take darkside Scoundrels on the hunt to unlock (Rebel/Resistance) Chewbacca and earn a few Han Solo shards. Allow players to rotate roster and health to dwindle similar to Galactic War with multiple fights against a retreating Chewbacca and Han Solo. (Use this event to unveil Boba Fett rework. Release Bossk and Aurra Sing aurodiums.)
- FN-2187 - Use 3 to 5 Resistance units to take down the First Order and unlock Stormtrooper Finn, the first unit who is both lightside and darkside, Resistance and First Order; also Resistance and First Order shards. (Release General Organa Aurodium and the Resistance pack.)
- Capture on Cloud City - Combine the power of the Empire with select Scoundrel bounty hunters against the Rebels to earn Bespin Luke and Hoth Leia shards as well as smaller chances to earn Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Lando shards. (Use this event to unveil increased Leader/trooper synergies and the release of imperial droids like IT-O Interrogator and Viper probe droid.)
- Republic Rescue - Use 9 Galactic Republic heroes and battle Separatists to unlock Padmé Amidala and earn shards for Ric Olié and Captain Panaka. (Use this event to add Galactic Republic affiliation to Clone War era Jedi, Clones, Coruscant units. Release a Naboo pack as well as Shaak Ti and Stass Allie. Maybe add CT-411 "Ponds" somewhere for F2P farming prior to the event.)
- Rule of Two - Take on a long string of Jedi with only two Sith to unlock Jedi Luke Skywalker. (Sell different Sith packs with corresponding high level gear.)
I could go on forever, and by forever I mean, I got about 9 more. The point is, these events should be different and happen regularly. The disappointment comes from waiting only to find we don't have all we need to beat the event, or worse, even play. So try to mix it up much more and keep 'em coming, CG!
Players, share your ideas for events in this thread too!
314-187-745 || Event Suggestions
| Bounty Hunting
|| #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease