Qgj assist really gives dmg bonus?

Lkw
125 posts Member
Is this not working? Or am I reading it wrong? The assisting char is supposed to do 75℅ more dmg than they normally do on a regular attack right? Seems the same no bonus to me.

Replies

• Options
    Same with IGDs leader bonus. I see 0 difference in damage dealt despite a claimed bonus
  • Options
    It gives. at least sometimes
  • Options
    I've noticed from time to time that if QGJ calls EP as the assist, EP will attack with nothing happening. No dmg, no resist, no evade. Just nothing but his animation.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe the +75% doesn't crit and just gets added on after the fact? But it definitely does add damage.
  • Options
    I've noticed from time to time that if QGJ calls EP as the assist, EP will attack with nothing happening. No dmg, no resist, no evade. Just nothing but his animation.

This happend sometimes when a toon solo attacks, too. It is a bug but it could be accepted as a miss.
  • Options
    When my qui gon calls phasma she seems to get the bonus, with up to 13k damage. the others i dont notice an increase
  • Options
    I notice an increase, but not nearly 75%. More like 30% damage increase.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    It's not 75% of the assiters possible damage, it's 75% more than qgj did with his first attack in the assist combo.
  • Options
    It surely gives, but I really doubt about IG-86 assist attack - no difference at all.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Remember it's 75% of base DMG, not max DMG
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well for instance he called my sth for an assist and he did 2,8?? dmg. Then on his next attack sth did 6,2?? dmg on his own. He doesn't have any crit dmg mods or bonuses and I know sth has a high dmg variance but something doesn't seem to be adding up. I mean 75℅ is a big bonus yet I never see huge hits from the assist
  • Options
    I posted a similar thread and a bug report. It is certainly not working as it did before. In GW I did see a few instances where some damage was added but not in Arena. I wonder if they inadvertantly added a "chance" to gain 75% damage?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    It looks like there is a problem with Harmonius assault that needs to be fixed. Answer is in this thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5520ad/new_bug_qgj_harmonius_assault_no_longer_adds_75/

SWGOH.GG member posted that a new feature they are testing states that the 75% increase only refers to PHYSICAL damage which is why Palpatine doesn't get a benefit. This is for sure a bug and should be an easy fix no?
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    Well for instance he called my sth for an assist and he did 2,8?? dmg. Then on his next attack sth did 6,2?? dmg on his own. He doesn't have any crit dmg mods or bonuses and I know sth has a high dmg variance but something doesn't seem to be adding up. I mean 75℅ is a big bonus yet I never see huge hits from the assist

Hard to use sth as base line. He has a high damage variance on his basic.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Same for Lando, that is where I was getting confused. But it is definately impacting palpatine, and according to that reddit post, it's because Special Damage isn't included on the assist bonus, only physical. So, they just need to make it all damage and it will be fixed. Easy peasy.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Same for Lando, that is where I was getting confused. But it is definately impacting palpatine, and according to that reddit post, it's because Special Damage isn't included on the assist bonus, only physical. So, they just need to make it all damage and it will be fixed. Easy peasy.

Yeah I read that post. Gives me something to test in GW tomorrow
  • Options
    If it only effects characters with special damage on their basic... I can't think of any actually. I don't have Emp, maybe he's the only one. If so, shouldn't matter. I'd just leave it be and focus on more important things. Besides, I doubt QGJ would get along with Emp anyways, let's just chalk it up to unintended anti-synergy and keep it.

On another note, I kinda like the idea of anti-synergy. Characters that just don't work well together because they're natural enemies. This one in particular doesn't make great sense, but the idea is solid, even if unintended.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    If it only effects characters with special damage on their basic... I can't think of any actually. I don't have Emp, maybe he's the only one. If so, shouldn't matter. I'd just leave it be and focus on more important things. Besides, I doubt QGJ would get along with Emp anyways, let's just chalk it up to unintended anti-synergy and keep it.

On another note, I kinda like the idea of anti-synergy. Characters that just don't work well together because they're natural enemies. This one in particular doesn't make great sense, but the idea is solid, even if unintended.

LOL. Funny. They need to fix this.
  • Options

The easiest fix is probably to just add the word "physical" to QGJs assist description. Then it would be working exactly as it stated. Much easier than trying to code in new game mechanics.
  • Options

The easiest fix is probably to just add the word "physical" to QGJs assist description. Then it would be working exactly as it stated. Much easier than trying to code in new game mechanics.

That would be strange considering QGJ's part of harmonius assault does special damage. It needs to just increase all damage.