Dooku returning?

Prev1
J7000
2059 posts Member
Anyone else noticing a return of Dooku in the top 20? Looks like his potency boost is working out. Now that he will be 7* soon seems like I'm seeing a lot more of him. From his health looks like he has 5*

Replies

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 5* Dooku and I was 4 yesterday. If someone bought Dooku and have been farming him since launch he would be about 5*. I chose very poorly with cantina missions early (and didnt buy refills) so he is actually one of my better choices currently. I am looking forward to getting level 69 so I farm him his cantina mission.
  • Options
    he is going to be a monster when he is starred to 6 or 7. he has a 50% chance to hit again on attack, plus chance to stun one character . special has a chance to stun two targets and strike again. and 100% counter chance when hit, plus potential turn meter and damage gain on counter, and chance to strike again when countering. When this is combined with phasma leader for extra turn, and a character that can call an assist , Dooku is getting multiple strikes per turn and strikes during the opponents turn if attacked. not a problem at 4* low damage, but at higher level the damage is going to add up much faster. imagine if you added poggle's buff to this?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    at least at 5* he is rather squishy.
  • Options
    he is going to be a monster when he is starred to 6 or 7. he has a 50% chance to hit again on attack, plus chance to stun one character . special has a chance to stun two targets and strike again. and 100% counter chance when hit, plus potential turn meter and damage gain on counter, and chance to strike again when countering. When this is combined with phasma leader for extra turn, and a character that can call an assist , Dooku is getting multiple strikes per turn and strikes during the opponents turn if attacked. not a problem at 4* low damage, but at higher level the damage is going to add up much faster. imagine if you added poggle's buff to this?

Add Han Solos ability to increase turn meter and Princess Leia team crit boost and it becomes a nightmare team.
    Dooku, Han, Leia, Poogle, and Phasma as lead. It's the team I'm currently building. Phasma 7* Han 5* Leia 4* Poogle 4* and Dooku 6*. Waiting till I get all 7* to use them.
    Current team
    Sidious7* Dooku 6* Kylo Ren 7* Luminara 7* and Asajj Ventress 7* all at lvl 65 all abilities maxed out and gear maxed out for current levels

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I'm quite certain 7* Dooku with his new potency is gonna be very irritating
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Even with 170% potency he trumped over pretty much everyone's tenacity, so his potency boost is not really that important.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

Even with 170% potency he trumped over pretty much everyone's tenacity, so his potency boost is not really that important.

I didn't realize it was that high already... Don't have him.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Most people on my server have Sid as leader. I did see one with Dooku as leader somewhere in the top 100. My server is fairly new, about one to two weeks old.
  • Options
    Anyone else noticing a return of Dooku in the top 20? Looks like his potency boost is working out. Now that he will be 7* soon seems like I'm seeing a lot more of him. From his health looks like he has 5*

I use dooku a lot

mine is 5 stars but that's good i think he should be alway in squad
  • Options
    He may be a monster at 6 or 7 but the problem is in the current meta there are far worse monsters. I have him at 7 and he is bench in arena but useful in gw. He still relatively hits like a flower at 7 and can be one one shot by an fotp. I still put him in the annoyance chategory like 5s. I think he will shine a bit more when they go to 80.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I farmed him for a long time on missions and got him unlocked last night at 3 stars, today I bought a Chrom pack and Would have unlocked him at 4 stars, if I would have waited I could have had him in the pack at 4 stars, got the shards to promote him to 5........Bad Timing on the unlocking :|
  • Options
    Does anyone dispute that Dooku may be the BEST defensive hero?

Using him on defense brings out the uncertainty factor. Does your enemy hit him first or leave him last. That's great for Defense. Many heroes are already classified as hit first or hit last.

I think Dooku as an offense hero is not as great. But when fighting opponent Dooku, that's when I'm thinking "hey, I didn't know he could do that!!!"

But no matter. To me, Dooku is a top 3 hero and not because of his ability to get me wins, but his excellent balance as a hero.
  • Options
    I'm new and I'm finding him to be amazing in GW and pretty good in arena. But it's a new server. Got him at 3 star gear 6 lvl 45. Should be 4* tomorrow. Think his power is like 2200 right now. It's not that he hits super hard but he just hits so often and his stuns against Jedi are crazy. I run a single healer which I think you need with dooku.

But to be honest I'm not scared when I see him. I don't run AOE so I just ignore him and take out the glass cannons. If I did run AOE I'd just burst him down. So I guess I'm saying I actually prefer his offense against AI more than his defense against another player. Just my opinion but I'm a self proclaimed noob so I could be wrong. :)
  • Options
    BOXER wrote: »
    I'm new and I'm finding him to be amazing in GW and pretty good in arena. But it's a new server. Got him at 3 star gear 6 lvl 45. Should be 4* tomorrow. Think his power is like 2200 right now. It's not that he hits super hard but he just hits so often and his stuns against Jedi are crazy. I run a single healer which I think you need with dooku.

But to be honest I'm not scared when I see him. I don't run AOE so I just ignore him and take out the glass cannons. If I did run AOE I'd just burst him down. So I guess I'm saying I actually prefer his offense against AI more than his defense against another player. Just my opinion but I'm a self proclaimed noob so I could be wrong. :)

ur right on all accounts . He does discourage AOE. Without Dooku, people will use Kylo and Fett more. But Dooku keeps them honest. Even using Sidious, in my first movie, I have to think whether to use AOE or just his basic. It's a mind game and it's great Dooku makes us think. But honestly, I would prefer to put him in my Def team and use someone else in my Attack team. But until we get that separate fxn, I guess we'll just have to play Dooku on Att and Def
  • Options
    BOXER wrote: »

ur right on all accounts . He does discourage AOE. Without Dooku, people will use Kylo and Fett more. But Dooku keeps them honest. Even using Sidious, in my first movie, I have to think whether to use AOE or just his basic. It's a mind game and it's great Dooku makes us think. But honestly, I would prefer to put him in my Def team and use someone else in my Attack team. But until we get that separate fxn, I guess we'll just have to play Dooku on Att and Def

When I see dooku I usually let geo soldier use his special which takes about about 75% and the extra attack does the rest. If that doesn't kill him hideous will follow and end him
  • Options
    How do you guys new he's getting a potency boost?
  • Options
    He will be nerfed by then. At least his AI actions should be.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous...

Not only does he get 100% counter, but it seems he can reach 100% bonus attack as well...

1. I attack dooku, he counters + bonus (2x)
    2. Dooku attacks + bonus (4x)
    3. Enemy Geonosian triggers Dooku follow-up + bonus (6x). [A Bonus attack that gets a Bonus attack!? That's messed up...]
    4. Enemy QGJ triggers Dooku follow-up + bonus (8x)

That's 8 hits in not even a full round; had I hit him again in that round I'm sure he'd trigger a counter+bonus each time....

This is ridiculous..... The devs are ok with that!?

Are you all ok with that!?
  • Options
    We need a separate place to organize all nerf and character complaint threads. 5 in one day is too much.
  • Options
    1. Part of the game
    2. Part of the game
    3. Still part of the game
    4. Yep, still part of the game

Sorry about your crappy run of RNG (triggering a 50% chance 4 times in a row is pretty good luck)

But none of that is outside the scope of how he works

And he's far from OP.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    1. Part of the game
    2. Part of the game
    3. Still part of the game
    4. Yep, still part of the game

Sorry about your crappy run of RNG (triggering a 50% chance 4 times in a row is pretty good luck)

But none of that is outside the scope of how he works

And he's far from OP.

Fully accurate.
    Onviously the player he battled knew dooku has synergy with toons that call an assist. And it seems his synergetic planning paid off.

To the OP, its the synergy that beat up on you not dooku himself. Thats the mechanics and thats how synergy works. A synergetic team makes certain toons or the whole team perfom better.
    Basically the point of the game.

"Move along people, nothing to see here"
    -officer Barbrady
  • Options
    I'm OK with this. Occurrence of what you described is so rare, its not something to rely on when you run Dooku. It's no different than any other toon getting RNG nirvana ... Daka resurrecting non stop, or stunning on each attack, etc. So rare its fun when it happens.
    If this behavior was constant, yea I would be concerned. But in my 2 months of playing I had enemy Dooku attack me 5 times once, and 4 times a few times. Normally its 1+3 attacks.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is ridiculous...

Not only does he get 100% counter, but it seems he can reach 100% bonus attack as well...

3. Enemy Geonosian triggers Dooku follow-up + bonus (6x). [A Bonus attack that gets a Bonus attack!? That's messed up...]

That's 8 hits in not even a full round; had I hit him again in that round I'm sure he'd trigger a counter+bonus each time....

Do you know nothing about dooku? his unique which is his counter, also gives him turn meter for countering. So every time you attack him, he has a chance to gain turn meter + 161 speed = he goes more often. Now he's easy af to kill, just throw a dps on him and he's gone. Like ig86 special can clear him in 1 turn.

Same with sidious, he has in his sadistic glee a chance to gain 50% turn meter and can go twice in a row.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous...

Yeah baby, I'm all ok with that. Sounds awesome. Really glad I didn't let up on farming his shards. Shame he's so squishy.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I just got him to 5 star. Hope he triggers like that when people attack my team in arena.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I hope Dooku was able to completely refill his turn meter after all of those bonus attacks outside of his turn. Should have, that IS his character design.
  • Options
    Offers a tissue.

My friend read up on Dookus abilities and you will form the conclusion that this is legitimate. What happened to you is a rarity. You hear talk of synergy, that is what it is. If he is called to assist he gets bonus Hindering Press level 7 50% bonus attack chance. If RNG is not in your favor he goes off on you. Flawless Riposte 40% TM gain chance attacking outside turn, AKA assist called, AKA counter. 40% gain on the fastest toon in the game 100% counter leads to a ton of attacks. He is far from OP as he is easily 1 hit killed. I ignore him he hits not overly hard. My exception to that is if Phasma leads and there is an assist caller or two on the team. If that build is there I'll just 1 hit him with my Geo and move on. Unless the assist caller is a high level gear * IG 86 since he is a 1 hit kill attacker.

Not trying to attack but instead of complaining learn your opposition and beat them. Honestly if Dooku gives you this much grief you should run to the hills since he is nothing compared to many. Wait until Fett revives 6X in a row on you attacking as soon as he reappears(he hits like a wimp too) Wait until Poe exposes your whole team Poggle buffs, and HK, 86, 88 wipe out your 7* gear 8 team before you move Or QGJ debuffs your Poe their Poe goes off and you are hosed. That is difficult. Dooku is a fast multi attacker that hits in the mid to just below mid range of toons with some of the lowest HP in the game. Mine is max gear max ability and I'm lucky to see upper 4k Crit on special and mid to upper 4k on a double attack.

If you need help with Dooku I'm happy to help if you'd like to PM.

Good luck.
  • Red_Glare
    106 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    People hating on dooku are people that don't have it. Like me. FML
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Last thing I wanted this thread to become was a nerf Dooku thread. Funny stuff. I only made the observation that I've seen slightly more of him lately, because most would rather use other toons in arena because, although useful, he's not OP or anywhere near it.
  • Options
    2 of the top players on my server use him as their leader. It is a pain as they run him with Poe and glass cannons. I don't run Poe.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net