***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• Options
    Wow so I have to wait another day before I can attack because I attacked after the 16 hour 'early refresh' what a bunch on bulls**t. So now people are at a massive advantage since they had an extra day, nice.
  • Options
    Is this WAI?

Or did this guild all just spend £100,000 on refresh? The whole guild is top of tournament.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ijeoi
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Lord_LeBobcat WAI Hope you are having as much fun as we are
  • Options
    Just curious what's good nna happen to all the people who spent money and played fair are they going to get their proper place or will it still be cheat to win because I have ally's in the tournament was can switch our teams to weakest toon defense so we can win 60 70 battles a day I have that many toons so I can do it tooooooo. I in need to know from EA CG time is ticking .

Can I cheat to get up to #1 like everyone else?

Or should I wait and see if they make it fair....

I don't wanna sit around all day and swap my teams on my alt account and fight my weakest toon 60x but I'll do it for shore trooper!!!!
  • Options
    i bet this thread is gonna be merged with the mega just to make it disappear.
    and we will again not hear a peep form CG and EA for 10 days just like when the Mod launch was "fixed" i guess they are too busy counting all that cash.
  • Options
    Is this WAI?

Or did this guild all just spend £100,000 on refresh? The whole guild is top of tournament.

+1 your screenshot with "Mighty Chlorians" is the best proof that this event is total fail......
  • Options
    Typhon59 wrote: »
    Klesk_1 wrote: »
    European timezone refresh has not worked.
    Turukano wrote: »
    This is a farce. I've been patiently waiting for my roster to refresh at 8am like the counter was saying..... only to find it hasn't and the counter has reset so I will not be getting my extra attacks. Absolute joke.

Wonderful Event !...
    I spend cristals yesterday to be in the 200 rank for nothing,.. Thanks EA !...

• Options
    This tournament isn't a game. It's an auction to see who has the deepest pockets, and who can cheat better than others.

Brilliant observation.

• Options
    My timer didn't refresh at all. Not at 24 hours and not at 16 hours. So i have to wait - i have no idea how much - to get my first refresh. What should i do??? Please tell me EA !!!
  • LV426
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Is this WAI?

That's insane, I thought it was pretty obvious when I see three or four different guild "partners" within the top ten, but that's taking the biscuit.

I'm really angry about the way this event turned out, I spent quite a lot on refreshing, only to have my position smashed by cheaters.

Jokes on you though EA I just got a full refund from Apple, I advise you all to do the same.
  • Options
    My timer didn't refresh at all. Not at 24 hours and not at 16 hours. So i have to wait - i have no idea how much - to get my first refresh.
  • LV426
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious what's good nna happen to all the people who spent money and played fair are they going to get their proper place or will it still be cheat to win because I have ally's in the tournament was can switch our teams to weakest toon defense so we can win 60 70 battles a day I have that many toons so I can do it tooooooo. I in need to know from EA CG time is ticking .

Can I cheat to get up to #1 like everyone else?

Or should I wait and see if they make it fair....

I don't wanna sit around all day and swap my teams on my alt account and fight my weakest toon 60x but I'll do it for shore trooper!!!!

I've just taken screenshots of everyone I know is cheating, I'll report them.

• Options
    I didn't read anything from Jesse re: people who are effectively missing out on yesterday's free refresh because we trusted the timer to be correct. It puts many of at at a disadvantage. Has this been discussed/addressed by the devs?
  • Options
    LV426 wrote: »

Jokes on you though EA I just got a full refund from Apple, I advise you all to do the same.

how u did that ?
  • Options
    The unplanned refresh really screwed me over. Sigh...
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    This tournament is just an auction. Winner goes to the highest bidder, or cheater
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So a bit of a misfire & whole LOT of complaining, surprise.... LOL

I think we should try to summarize the good and bad points, I think really there are only TWO really bad points people are going on and on about, as well, they are BIG ones

Cons
    - Cheating the system, the whole defense idea poorly conceived
    - Time zone unfair refresh debacle that only some got
    then not quite as big
    - No cap on refreshes, hard for many to compete fairly
    - Match ups could be balanced more, especially in Level 80 servers ie more separation

Pros
    - Another nice tourney to participate in once tweaked/fixed
    - Great prizes
    - Rewards Big Team, get to use everyone once to try them out

Did I miss anything significant? Let's try to complete this for the EA moderators
  • Options
    Could it be, that the refresh timer is just for reviving heroes? I thought i read someting like this.
    Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    Tautas wrote: »
    This tournament is fiasco, because of exploiters and game developers do nothing about it.
    In my tournament group 1st place is Cosker 66 and in 4 place is Amadil 66.

Even here, in forum, players looking for partners to exploit, like "slothe" is doing this in several posts.

And it is quite easy to fix this - allow to change defence team for free only once, maybe 1 more defence team change for 200 crystals and thats's it - no more posibility to change defence team.

I'm in your group. I'm currently mid-30s, I've only done up to one 500 refresh and then stopped. I figure a finish in the top 100 will get me a Shoretrooper after around 5-6 tournaments, I'm playing the long game.

Cosker will get his Shoretrooper, and he's clearly exploiting with his guild mate, but - to be honest - all that really matters is what happens on your arena shard. If nobody else has a Shoretrooper, you won't need one. Most shards won't see one for a long time.
  • Options
    It's pretty ****! I saw that my characters would refresh in 10 mins and rushed through on auto to pick up points - find out later that the characters aren't refreshing now!!

It would have been just as easy to send a message in-game to players - I can't believe the devs expect people to come to forums to find updates like this
  • Options
    jayjonbeach, you are right.
    The most important problem to fix is the refresh bug, because if you don't get the refresh when you expect, OR AT ALL, you can't play.

Second - the cheating thing is going to be fixed. Or at least that is what was announced.

Third - i add this to the important problems, the event is really unfair to FTP players. More so than anything before. So if this is the new direction people will be unhappy.

The advantages are clear, good rewards, new content, etc.

I really hope they fix this, because we waited a long time for something new and good.
  • Options
    A little constructive criticism

1)
    Please always write some sort of local time for events etc in announcements, we all know how to convert from our neighbours time zones, but as an European I have to look up PST. It leads to misunderstandings. My proof? 10% of the previous posts :-)

2)
    Please explain the defence system. I can not find anything that really tells me how it works and what my motivation for putting a strong team up is.
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    They will not fix it. If they added one more refresh the ones who are behind would still be one refresh short.

Still, not sure it changes that much. If you were not lucky to be on the same tournament shard as your guildies, you will still be a few thousand points behind those who were and cooperated on defensive squads to gain extra points. No way to catch them with several refreshes.
  • Options
    @ Tautus
    Just for your information I haven't exploited anything and don't intend to, I play this as it should be played and have never guild hopped with Alts or anything , so would request you don't slander my name as all I've done is refresh with 3-4 good squads
  • Options
    A little constructive criticism

2)
    Please explain the defence system. I can not find anything that really tells me how it works and what my motivation for putting a strong team up is.

I got my info from youtube videos. We have the most rewarding event in the game and we don't have all the information about the mechanics of it. Not to mention bugs bugs bugs
  • Options
    Also I agree with the defence team, I'd advocate no change allowed at all.
    I'm actually pleased as it appears no one on my LB is exploiting the defence change
  • Options
    I think the balance is reasonably fair. Assuming this event is re-run fairly regularly, F2P players can still get some shards each time, and eventually get Shoretrooper just by spending the free gems the game gives you, and having a diverse team. It has to be weighted towards paying players, otherwise the game couldn't exist. There has to be a lure for people to spend money so the F2P players can play at all. The trick is getting the balance right so the F2P players still feel they have a shot eventually, and spending big money can shortcut the process, and get you the very best prizes. Other games I've played before, the top 50 people got prizes and everyone else got nothing. With this, there are thousands of places in each player grouping that will get something. That pretty generous I think.

Quite like the event so far, although I was expecting the defensive team to play a part somehow e.g. you win 5 points every time your defense holds up and someone doesn't beat it, although I suppose people could then team up or use alts in the same group to gain an unfair advantage.

Bad luck on the refresh bug EA, that happens to the best of us. Otherwise, I think its a really interesting and fun event. Well done.
  • Basicball
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a question - I scanned through the last 11 pages and didn't see an answer -,
    I am Lvl 79, currently sitting in the 1st place with about 1350 points.
    If I level up, will I move to the next tier and lose my rank?
    I like my current server, a lot better than some other people here who have to spend a lot of money.
    I personally spent about 500, all earned from daily activities, arena, ..., and still have more saved up, so not spending anything really.
    And it would be a shame to get thrown in a server with a lot of whales, which is why I was wondering (:

-end of elaborate, unnecessary explanation-

I can't fix the spacing >.>
  • Options
    Well they are not a charity so the need to make money.

I have not spent a penny on this game and rank top 100 on my shard so its not that difficult.