Shoretrooper - What am I Missing?

I happened to inconveniently be out of cell range thanks to a vacation in the mountains so I had very limited access to playing during the Tournament and only managed a measly 20 shards for Shoretrooper. Can someone help me understand how people ended up with a 7*? Based on my limited experience in the tournament I thought one could only acquire a 3* at most.

Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• Options
    1st position received a 3* character plus all the shards required to get to 7* (I think 280 or something).
  • Options
    1st place prize was enough shards to 7* him.
  • Options
    Alright thanks guess I misunderstood the prize chart
  • Qoppest
    29 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    280 shards for 1st place (7*)
    210 for 2nd place(6* and 30/100 shards)
    180 for 3rd (6*)
    + shoretrooper at 3* :smile:
  • Options
    I only managed to get on during the last 15 minutes of the event so I burned my way down to 850ish.
  • Options
    People who have shoretrooper to 7* must have spent like 100k crystal to win tournament
  • Options
    Or used an exploit of the defense system...
  • Options
    People who have shoretrooper to 7* must have spent like 100k crystal to win tournament

Most likely this than exploiting. Exploiting merely goes up to a few rungs as others who saw the weak squad also pounded on them.
  • Options

There isn't one. Unless you have proof of one then there isn't one as of this tourney. Quit spreading this lie around. The sole reason people got so many points was because they spent a bunch of money on crystal refreshes for their deep rosters
  • Options
    I managed second place and really only used about 500 crystals I had saved. Deep rosters man
  • Options
    I managed second place and really only used about 500 crystals I had saved. Deep rosters man

Luck of the draw with your tournament shard played a far greater role than it should have.
  • Options

There isn't one. Unless you have proof of one then there isn't one as of this tourney. Quit spreading this lie around. The sole reason people got so many points was because they spent a bunch of money on crystal refreshes for their deep rosters

Untrue
  • scuba
    14098 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

What this player talks about of his guildies working together is what most are calling an "exploit"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70833/thank-you-for-the-great-event

Technically it can't be an exploit because use of an exploit is considered against TOS.

It was definitely a loop hole that many used.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

What this player talks about of his guildies working together I'd what most are calling an "exploit"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70833/thank-you-for-the-great-event

Technically it can't be an exploit because use of an exploit is considered against TOS.

So people cooperated to get a toon. Sounds a heck of lot like how everybody ever gets Raid Han.
  • scuba
    14098 posts Member
    Options

What this player talks about of his guildies working together I'd what most are calling an "exploit"

So people cooperated to get a toon. Sounds a heck of lot like how everybody ever gets Raid Han.

It is what it was....
    Some are going to be mad about it, Some are going to be mad they didn't think of it, some are gonna be happy they knew about....

EA/CG didn't like the idea of it but did nothing to stop or discourage it.

Unfortunately it is gonna be a hot topic for a while.
  • Options

It is what it was....
    Some are going to be mad about it, Some are going to be mad they didn't think of it, some are gonna be happy they knew about....

You didn't take into account what I said. What difference is there between how Riad Han is farmed and how ShoreTrooper was farmed? Both required participation from multiple people, and yet one is ethically correct and the other isn't? This isn't an exploit at all, it's just a flimsy excuse to hate on whales.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

It is what it was....

You didn't take into account what I said. What difference is there between how Riad Han is farmed and how ShoreTrooper was farmed? Both required participation from multiple people, and yet one is ethically correct and the other isn't? This isn't an exploit at all, it's just a flimsy excuse to hate on whales.

One is accomplished via a raid which is meant to be completed by a guild of players to achieve the goal.

The other is accomplished via a tournament which is meant to be a challenge for individuals to achieve the highest rank they can based off the strength of their team(s)... or in the case of this tournament the depth of their wallet
  • scuba
    14098 posts Member
    Options

It is what it was....

Didn't say it was an exploit. Just stating there are gonna be many opinions on it for some time to come.
  • Options

It is what it was....

Didn't say it was an exploit. Just stating there are gonna be many opinions on it for some time to come.

Oh ok then. Staying neutral I guess is alright by me.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

It is what it was....

Take a break fam. Take a walk, chill. You're exploding in every thread today, just do something to stop thinking about the game for a bit.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

It is what it was....

Take a break fam. Take a walk, chill. You're exploding in every thread today, just do something to stop thinking about the game for a bit.

Ooohwee. At least he didn't light up your inbox too.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

It is what it was....

How about you mind your own business? I'll post what I want when I want. I'm not going to calm down about this because that would mean that I just accept that the devs are doing this and they let Wiggs be OP.
  • scuba
    14098 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

It is what it was....

That is what I try to do.... it is only a game.

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A Start.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options

It is what it was....

That is what I try to do.... it is only a game.

U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A Start.

Don't give out the cheat code!!! Are you crazy???

• Options

Luck of the draw with your tournament shard played a far greater role than it should have.

There's always that someone who grabs 1st and 2nd place on every server.