Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    tiS wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »
    It's all about teamwork and having everyone active. There r 4 phases. 100% x 4 = 400%.

400% divided by 50 players = 8%.

Each player, using however many teams they can field, needs to do 8% damage total (average) stretched over all 4 phases or all in 1 phase. 5% is simple to get w/ 1 team so...if each player has 2 decent, modded teams...u should clear the raid np.

If your guild doesn't have players who each have at least 2x lvl 80 7* teams after all this time, they really have no business thinking they have a right to reap the benefits of the newest raid at the highest level.

Plz stop whining and start thinking.

FYI, my Rancor team Teebo (L), EE, ES, QGJ, 5's did 5% on phase 1 Heroic AAT.

Congrats who the heck is ee and es???? Forgive the people that aren't in the fold haha

Ewok Scout and Ewok Elder
  • Options
    please? At the rate we're going it's going to take 40 days for us to complete normal mode. Even if it's a quarter of the amount heroic receives we should get at least a couple of kenobi shards for it.

Also, why isn't there lower tiers? I'm genuinely curious. Would it have taken too much time to add and therefore delayed the raid for much longer?
  • Options
    I don't understand why people are surprised at this. Did you read any of the details before you raided? It sounded way harder, not to mention it involves completely different strategies than the other raid. Give it time. We'll figure out the strategy for this one and then you can go back to complaining how easy it is..
  • Options
    mccif16 wrote: »
    at 85 it will be easier

But after getting world first att today
    It is hard period

Yeah people forget most of us are 82.. by 85 everyone will be eating this thing and laughing.
    (BTW.. Ugnaught is a GOD, I never thought I would say it andI mean that) :o

What does 85 do over 81/82? Add about forty skill points? The gearing up will help though, which will take time. I like the challenge.

Agree, will hurt guilds. Top players will drop former guilds to form whale guilds and will end up with haves and have nots.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are surprised at this. Did you read any of the details before you raided? It sounded way harder, not to mention it involves completely different strategies than the other raid. Give it time. We'll figure out the strategy for this one and then you can go back to complaining how easy it is..

Exactly yes, I mean, the pit is a cake walk yet I remember not so long ago spending an entire week with my guild downing tier 6.
    Give it some time, enjoy the ride, keep building your roster and let's see after Christmas how it is going.

It's a game, play it. If you don’t like playing it, fine tuning 5 men team builds, mode sets, etc... Then I don't know. It was a sim fest before, even the heroic rancor can be downed on full auto. This raid is refreshing.
  • Options
    Well my whole guild has 10-30 level 80 gear x or higher characters each and we can't get through phase 1. Way to drop the ball AGAIN for 99.999% of your paying and f2p customers. Thanks for passing on incorrect information in the description and giving us another failed attempt of an event.
  • Options
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Give it time sweetheart. Time is all you need to beat a 't6', although bit of warning love it's called 'normal' now!

Lmao this

this is going to do nothing but destroy guilds as everyone guild hops to form super guilds to get kenobi love. i don't have time, i've been playing for 8 months every day, i should be able to do more than 600k damage with 25 G10+ toons.
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I think that this Tank Takedown Raid was designed for guilds like Team Instinct. Even for them, it was difficult and a high degree of coordination was required. Which means that this raid will be fun for about 1% of the playing population...

It can be done my guild has only done one jedi attack until all 50 attack and then we will go with our best squads. As of now we're already almost at phase 2, 43 members out of 50 have attacked and we still haven't put out the real damage dealers on the floor. Our best single attacker has 243k damage so I say it is possible
  • Options
    I remember rancor tier five being difficult all those months ago, so I'm not surprised the new raid is as well. I'm fine with tier 6 (normal) being difficult. My issue, a completely baffling one is what made you omit tiers 1-5 ?

What were you thinking? Did you not realize you basically eliminate a good chunk of players, not to mention losing a lot of potential new players? I've spent my fair share of cash on the game, not proud of that after mods came out obviously too soon and not tested, now I'm just ashamed. Thousands of dollars wasted, literally flushed down the toilet.

Once again, poorly thought out half ashed update that I expect will get patched soon to add tiers one to five. Simple fix that should never have been taken out.

Things like this make me facepalm, and wonder if you even test these patches before you throw them out.
  • Options
    People stop crying and WAIT!!!
    Rancor once upon a time soloind phase was something un heard of. Guilds started breaking up and uniting with stronger ones to finish it. Then strategys to do 1M plus involving Ewoks started to get famous and then no one could attack the rancor more then once because he was dead. Sooooo CHILL OUT STRATEGIES WILL COME IN TIME AND MAKE IT EASIER!!!
  • Options
    My guild opened the raid just an hour after launch and we haven't even done 10% damage to grievous yet on normal mode. It's gonna take some time to figure out who the metas are for this raid and how to work them. Grievous shreds through our toons so easy though. It's more common for toons to get defeated now before getting a hit in. I haven't even had escape available once yet in this raid. Then again, I've had bad luck with gear drops. The rest of my guild has gear lvl 9 and 10 toons, I'm sitting with 16 lvl 80 7* toons and Haven't gotten any toon past gear lvl 8.
  • NotMatt
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah if I could have started this raid on t4 or 5 then it would have helped my guild build strategy instead of just getting slaughtered while trying to figure out how it works
    But they won't put shards in anything but the last tier... that's how they do the pit, why would this one be different
  • Options
    Hey look it's the wambulance.
  • Options
    L2p
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Well my whole guild has 10-30 level 80 gear x or higher characters each and we can't get through phase 1. Way to drop the ball AGAIN for 99.999% of your paying and f2p customers. Thanks for passing on incorrect information in the description and giving us another failed attempt of an event.

What do you mean again? Everything up to this point has been easily beaten by f2p.
  • Options
    Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about the difficulty of t6/heroic as I understand the need to satisfy top end guilds but just a few shards would be good and fair don't you think?
  • Options
    Again as in the last event the pvp tourney debacle with all kinds of problems. Again like the previous update that made everyone's complete characters incomplete to force us to buy new gear (most of which barely even boosts a toons stat) and spend money leveling faster. This tank raid was scheduled to come out before the level increase as well, But that wouldn't make any money for EA if they didn't have their player base scrambling to better their once complete characters to try and take down a **** overly hard raid like the new one. If anything they can at least remove the blatant lie from the description in game that the heroic tank raid is intended for lvl80 gear X characters and replace it with everyone in your guild spend a ton and maybe just maybe when your whole roster is filled and lvl 85 with Gear XII and your 49 guild mates have done the same then maybe you have a chance to get to phase 3 :smiley:
  • Options
    Word on the street is that p1 t6 has too much hp by a factor of ten.
  • Options
    Damage is level related. Raid boss 90 level minus. Your level 80 char
    10 level diff so damage is scaled in favor of raid boss

Level 85 will be 5 level difference so less damage done on attacks. Every little bit helps
  • Options
    They will review the data on Monday. And look into it. Better to make it to hard then to easy

Rancor was broken on release. Leader didn't work
  • Options
    The hp is a tad overkill, why over 30 mil? Its just smacking against a wall eventually you will break through but why make it so **** long?
  • Options
    Lets just take this a bit slowly. We haven't even had 24hrs yet. Damage by guilds will go up as people work out strong team/mod combo's. I am glad this raid will take more than the hour or so rancor used to take and more of my guild get to flex more of their roster. It's extremely difficult but I'm glad. This better not get dumbed down too much or in a few weeks we'll all be complaining this is too easy just like rancor.
  • Options
    I think raid specific shards should stay only in the heroic tiers of their respective raid
  • Options
    I disagree. Top end content should have the best rewards. Everyone will not win everything.
  • Options
    Fair enough, thanks for the opinions :)
  • Options
    NotMatt wrote: »
    My guild opened the raid just an hour after launch and we haven't even done 10% damage to grievous yet on normal mode. It's gonna take some time to figure out who the metas are for this raid and how to work them. Grievous shreds through our toons so easy though. It's more common for toons to get defeated now before getting a hit in. I haven't even had escape available once yet in this raid. Then again, I've had bad luck with gear drops. The rest of my guild has gear lvl 9 and 10 toons, I'm sitting with 16 lvl 80 7* toons and Haven't gotten any toon past gear lvl 8.

Sorry but what does it mean "we haven't even done 10%" - how many attempts you've made? all 50 players made 1 or all 50 made 5? Just want to have a better idea. Thank you
  • Options
    My guild is working through Normal mode tank raid. From the damage done and % remaining, we calculate phase 1 has 30 million hp. Normal mode Tank raid phase 1 has as many hp as an entire T6 rancor raid.
  • Options
    badocter wrote: »
    My guild is working through Normal mode tank raid. From the damage done and % remaining, we calculate phase 1 has 30 million hp. Normal mode Tank raid phase 1 has as many hp as an entire T6 rancor raid.

Thank you
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone posted how much health is in each phase for the new raid?
  • Options
    IMO new raid is way too unbalanced. I assume some whale guilds probably tested it. if not then CG made something really strange here. I'mtalking about normal mode AAT raid. The amount of health GG has and how many hits you can do before his skills refresh and calls adds again is just crazy. And no you cant stun lock adds its waste of time until GG enrage.
    This will take forever for 95% guilds beause very small percentage players have 50+ fully equipped and well modded chars.

• tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »
    5% is simple to get w/ 1 team

That's where most of us don't relate to what you are saying.

Hahaha no kidding 5% whaaaaaaat??