/50 Purple gear (MK6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe) - CG, please include more of them in challenges

Prev1345
comminution
28 posts Member
edited January 2016
First time poster on this GoH forum.
So far, GoH has been fun. I love getting a new toon, and then gearing him/her up. (I'm lvl 63)

But now, I'm finally irked enough to post.
I hit the first purple gears... need 20 of each to make one item... I'm like, uhhh, okay I'll roll with it.

But now, I'm at the point where we need 50 of these syringes (and cuffs, and sensor arrays) for one item. So between Dooku and Sidious, I need 200 of those syringes to upgrade them again. (I'm quivering with fear that when I hit 65 and get Daka and Lumi up a level, I'll see that they each need 100 of those syringes as well...)

At first, I tried to shake it off and go farm the nodes for that gear. As of now I think I've refilled 5 times (clicking on Sim 60 times) and gotten 3 syringes. WTH are you kidding me? Sure I understand statistics, and this is a miniscule sample size, but if it's even close to this, then it's going to take me 1-2+ months to get 4 pieces of gear.

CG put the purple sensor array in the Tier III STR challenge, thank goodness (Tier II had the IV purple laptops). Why can't the other two challenges also have a /20 purple item in Tier II and a /50 purple item in Tier III? Please for the love of all that's decent CG, please make the 50 item gear more accessible, esp with such terrible drop rates.
Post edited by comminution on

Replies

• Options
    Yes I'm at the point where I need 50 pieces of gear for a few of my characters. Since I can still fill easier slots on other characters, I haven't started farming them yet. Seems like a massive time sink.
  • Options
    I spent a few refills and got 0. I'm not going to even try until I max out my A,B, and C teams. All that effort for some agility isn't really worth it.
    And yes Lumi needs the syringes as well. I'm not sure about Daka.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    double post
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Agreed. Please also consider providing the purple MK6 syringes: http://imgur.com/rygguQH
  • DrPancakes
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Agreed. Please also consider providing the purple MK6 syringes: http://imgur.com/rygguQH
    It makes no sense that these aren't included in the agility challenge and that the crit laptops which are barely used are instead in the challenge.

I'm hitting level 66 tomorrow and I have 15 of the 200 I need for tomorrow
    Ally Code: 911-389-156
  • Options
    I agree with this suggestion. The other gear challenge rewards are mediocre and offer no help as you level up. More purple gear in the challenges would make a lot of players happier and more inclined to continue playing in the long run.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    This could be fixed by increasing thier drop rate in Cantina battles.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    This could be fixed by increasing thier drop rate in Cantina battles.

What? We aren't talking about ability mats. We are talking about the purple agility syringes.
  • Options
    +1
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    The drop rate is engineered to make this game more long lived. Have you considered that if you could farm the gear much more quickly than now, then so could everybody else too?

What I'm saying is, if they introduce an increased drop rate for all players, then nobody is getting an advantage. Which makes it questionable why anybody would want a higher drop rate in the first place.

In the end, the slowness of farming gear fills two purposes:
    1) A slow grind feels more rewarding than a quick grind when you're done.
    2) This pacing means that players need to put some serious thought into which toons to level up, and plan ahead.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    The drop rate is engineered to make this game more long lived. Have you considered that if you could farm the gear much more quickly than now, then so could everybody else too?

What I'm saying is, if they introduce an increased drop rate for all players, then nobody is getting an advantage. Which makes it questionable why anybody would want a higher drop rate in the first place.

2) This pacing means that players need to put some serious thought into which toons to level up, and plan ahead.

So basically your excuse is due to lack of content, let's prolong farming. So from that perspective, why not include 200 mat items so they only have to update content once every 6 months?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    That's not what I'm saying. Neither is it an excuse. It's a fact. If every toon was easy to max out we'd be stuck with nothing to do.

I think many of us are longing for some new content. I for one would love that.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    ...So between Dooku and Sidious, I need 200 of those syringes to upgrade them again. (I'm quivering with fear that when I hit 65 and get Daka and Lumi up a level, I'll see that they each need 100 of those syringes as well...)
    +100 for Lumi, yep, she needs the same two gear as Sid and Dooku. Good news is Daka doesn't! So don't you feel better now? ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Kesiss
    That's basically in every game (slow grinding experience). If it didn't frustrate enough, it wouldn't feel like an achievement.
    Also I got 1 of the windblower mats to 50 and equipped it on my Sidious so far, took about 5 days. It's not impossible if you spend all energy to it but I rather unlock more toons so you can take it slow on those 50 mats.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This is ridiculous though. If they wanted to slow people down put the mats on the hard battles where you can only farm 3 times per day before paying to try an additional 3 times. When a person pays to refill their energy 3, 4, 5 times and hardly has anything to show for it that is just discouraging. "Hey, I got 5 of those 50/100 mats I needed. It cost me $20 in energy, but I got 5!"
  • Options
    @EM650 Basically what you are saying is greed doesn't pay off in which you are correct. I'm sure if you spend $200 you get more than 5 windblowers though. That's something you pulled out of thin air..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • comminution
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for posting.

I would disagree with your #1. The grind is too slow and when you're done, it won't feel rewarding, it'll feel "<insert curse word>, it's about time". There's a big difference there.

Also, these /50 purple are that pretty mediocre relative to the amount of work that's required to make them. The /50 syringe --> +25 Agility
    Mk1 carbanti sensor array (which is infinitely easier to grind) --> +25 Strength, +25 Agility, +25 Intelligence
    Ummm, seriously? I want to just put 6 of those carbanti sensor arrays in my toons
    So if they want to make it feel rewarding, make the gear actually do something awesome.

Even if they add /50 Agi and Int purple gear to the Tier III challenges, it will still take a long time to get 400 of those syringes - Dooku, Sid and Lumi each need 100, JC needs 50, Phasma needs 50 (why?!?!? Her primary stat is Str). They didn't need to make it /50; even /30 each will still take a very long time, like 1-2 months if you're F2P

I stand by my original post - I think CG should put the /50 syringes and /50 cuffs in the respective Tier III Challenges. It turns something ludicrous and tedious into something that requires patience, because you know you'll get there eventually. P2P can still grind for them and be at an advantage.
  • Options
    Hmm, not sure how this turned into a drop rate discussion.. It is low for sure but what would be the problem in adding more of them to these challenges? You want to keep the grind.. Make it difficult and tedious and that's fine. Adding 1 of that item into the challenges will net what.. 10-15 per week? Would that really increase the speed so much that everyone will be geared fully so much faster? For 20 piece items.. Obviously this would drastically increase the pace of collection, but for 50 piece items not so much.
  • Options
    The 20s are fine now but all 50 Purple gears should be farm-able in challenge missions.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @EM650 Basically what you are saying is greed doesn't pay off in which you are correct. I'm sure if you spend $200 you get more than 5 windblowers though. That's something you pulled out of thin air..

If you look at my post, I said 20, not 200.
  • Options
    What annoys me is that the Healers and Support challenge has them centre of the challenges symbols, but doesn't reward them for it. Bit pointless really
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yeah this is absolutely freaking unacceptable, i haven't progressed any other character because i wanted to get rey tier 8 when i hit 66, ive been farming since 64 nothing but her, and 2 people in hard mode.
  • Options
    I agree, the tank challenge gives the purple stun guns that are used far less in characters gear when compared the to the purple syringes. Drop rate would help but I feel like they should be put in the agility challenge just like the strength and intelligence challenges that give out gear mats for their respective class.
  • Options
    I've been tracking this as purple blowdryer. Drop rate is about 20%. At 500 energy a day farming these, you'll get your 50 blowdryers in 5 days.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7817/long-term-drop-rate-tracking-thread
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't even want to start it because it's ridiculous lol
    Farming purple laptops instead for future characters/B team
  • Options
    I think it is good as it is, overall this game progress is still too fast.
    Most players will reach max level and equipment in about 1 month then have nothing to do and almost everything about this game is easy so far.
  • Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    I think it is good as it is, overall this game progress is still too fast.
    Most players will reach max level and equipment in about 1 month then have nothing to do and almost everything about this game is easy so far.

After that people could invest in different characters. There are a lot yet to be explored! The game would improve your enjoyment.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    @Sakichan one month to get to level 70 with 71 toons all maxed out, ouch my wallet
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Sorry guys, but i prefer slow going and challenging than rushing but short life gaming.