/50 Purple gear (MK6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe) - CG, please include more of them in challenges

Replies

• Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but i prefer slow going and challenging than rushing but short life gaming.

It's still really slow, we're talking 30ish a week from challeneges alone.
  • Options
    Should be in Agi challenge.
    Sid, phasma, dooku, lumi, JC, poe, leia.... And probably many more needs this material. At 50 for 1 you are better farming other chars than investing in one of those in two weeks. Since we all use energy for some char shards too. Mm V laptop should be replaced
  • Options
    Agree with the grinding being a bit over the top.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Much too much grinding/farming in this game, if you ask me. Thats not playing, thats just pushing buttons. Boring.
  • Options
    @EM650 Sorry must have misread then, €20,- for 5 windblowers still sucks :(
    Might make you think twice before spending again.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    To gear any one character I need around 25 pieces of gear per slot.
    x6 slots for one level of gear = 150 pieces of gear for one character.

150 pieces of gear x 3 missions per gear = 450 missions per character

You need 10 characters to support dark side/light side missions and galactic war. (In Arena you can get by with 5, but if you can't run both dark side and light side missions, you can't get gear for your arena team.)

10 characters x 450 missions = 4500 missions

240 Energy per day + 40 for leveling every other day = 260 Energy

[You can spend crystals to get energy for gear missions or you can spend it to get you more stars. I'm assuming here that crystals are going toward stars, otherwise 7 of your 10 characters will never get promoted. But if you wanted, you could easily get another 120 Energy from crystals for gear farming.]

260 Energy / 8 per mission = 32.5 missions per day
    [380 Energy / 8 per mission = 47.5 missions per day using crystals]

4500 missions / 32.5 missions per day = 138 days to upgrade one gear level
    4500 missions/ 47.5 missions per day = 94 days using crystal.

Again, you need energy to farm some shards. You also need some for advancing the quest line on normal or hard.
    I'm assuming that your crystals enable that on the side.

Edit: Maybe for training droids to level your 10 characters, some of the time.

I guess with solid allies, you could cut down your Light Side + Dark Side to around 4 + 4 and 8 members that count. But if you have one character die, you can't 3-star missions, so that 5th character still needs good Health which requires some gearing.

Reducing your total characters needed by 20% decreases the number of days by 20% so
    110 days for 8 characters without crystals
    75 days with crystals.

That's still 75-100 days of pure grinding.
  • Options
    It doesn't help AT ALL that they raised the gear challenges Tier 3 to level 62.

I think in some ways that's what is making this so painful. I know for a fact I'm going to have to grind miserably until level 62.
  • Options

That's still 75-100 days of pure grinding.

So? Every online game is grindy. Your competitors have to do the same grinding. You can reduce the grind by paying and you also have the choice to refuse to pay.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You don't need 25 items for every slot for every character. Even at high gear levels you get some that are harder and some that are easier.
    My advice:
    - Be patient. Don't grind, just play the game.
    - Be sure you keep checking shipments, every 6 hours you can buy 9 pieces of gear for a small number of credits. At higher levels these are purple items and save a lot of grinding time/energy.
    - Look for hard nodes that drop both shards you want and also gear items you want.
    - Do all the challenges.
    - Never sell any gear pieces.
    - Focus on a few characters and avoid the temptation to spread yourself too thin.
    - If you're willing to spend a bit of $, buy they crystal sub and use for extra refreshes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Don't ever sell your gear materials. You use them again even at high levels.
  • Options
    Your not counting the gear you get from purchases and daily challenges. In addition as you progress through you sometimes get the gear. It's not really that bad of a grind.
  • Options
    Carrot before the horse, if you fall victim to this you never end the rat race.
  • Options
    I started farming "purple hypnos"....but I fell asleep. :wink:
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Just wait until you need 50-70 pieces of gear per slot. Level 9 is hilarious!
  • Options
    Your lucky.. .I have 350 to farm.... I'm leveling up some other toons instead
  • Options
    Wait... Rey needs this in Tier 7? Wow, that's rigged. My chars only need this to progress to Tier 9.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Thanks to everyone who commented. I am planning to take this advice for the time being.
    Note that I never said "I'm quitting" or anything like that. I know that "all" games require grinding, but I usually don't feel like it takes a week of grinding for something meaningful to occur.

As far as Shipments go, I always buy them 3 times a day, I usually can't get 4.
    I never sell gear.

They are implementing a shard-trading store, but what this game needs is gear-trading.
    I get that the shard-trading is primarily to satisfy pay to play who have spent a lot of cash, and I have no problem with that.

And, again, it really stinks that they increased the level minimum for Gear Challenges.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who commented. I am planning to take this advice for the time being.
    Note that I never said "I'm quitting" or anything like that. I know that "all" games require grinding, but I usually don't feel like it takes a week of grinding for something meaningful to occur.
    It's definitely frustrating. All games are set up this way, both so you don't get to the end too fast, and to encourage you to buy things.
    As far as Shipments go, I always buy them 3 times a day, I usually can't get 4.
    See my new post in the Guides area.
    And, again, it really stinks that they increased the level minimum for Gear Challenges.
    Did this really happen? I thought they were always 62 and were just locked until the cap was raised.
  • Options
    Just to use one example, I have Nightsister Initiate* and she needs Mk 4 Arakyd Droid Caller to upgrade to Gear Level VII.

But that piece of gear (effectively) requires me to 3-star Dark Side 5K.

I can't 3-star those Dark Side missions unless I can gear my dark side characters...and I can't fully gear my dark side characters unless I can 3-star those Dark Side missions...
    Arrrrggghhhh!

As of right now (I'm 53) and I can barely 1-star Dark Side 5K and can't even complete Dark Side 5L (need to 3-star both for gear). I need both of those to unlock the gear I need, as well as unlock some hard missions.

It's hard to find Boba Fett as an ally to have a chance at all those Jawas. I've found one and the problem with Fett is his Speed is lower than the Jawas.

HK-47 is even slower, and he's not easy to find, either.
    Old Daka is rare as a leader and the ones I've seen are under-powered so they die easily. Even with a good one, you can't heal your team if they're already dead, and you lose a star if you're rezzed.

* My primary PvP team is Light Side heavy so that's my strong suit. Also Light Side has plenty of healing available which makes PvE much easier. And finding Old Ben for Ability Block isn't impossible.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Just to use one example, I have Nightsister Initiate* and she needs Mk 4 Arakyd Droid Caller to upgrade to Gear Level VII.
    I am pretty sure this piece drops in shipments, 3 at a time, though not 100% sure. Don't farm this, just be patient and it will come to you.
    I can't 3-star those Dark Side missions unless I can gear my dark side characters...and I can't fully gear my dark side characters unless I can 3-star those Dark Side missions...
    Arrrrggghhhh!
    Add me, I'll put my Daka in as leader for you. I just unlocked Dark Side #7 and need to do it anyway.
  • Options
    Yea I wish there was more to do
  • Options
    Sakichan wrote: »
    Sorry guys, but i prefer slow going and challenging than rushing but short life gaming.
    You CLEARLY don't need these Purple Blowdryers yet, or you would realize the difference between "slow progress" and "steady torture". The 20 Laptops when you reached lvl 60, now that was slow progress. Still took me a week to farm one characters gear back then.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Wait... Rey needs this in Tier 7? Wow, that's rigged. My chars only need this to progress to Tier 9.

Seriously? Great, up to 400 needed...
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    You don't need 25 items for every slot for every character. Even at high gear levels you get some that are harder and some that are easier.
    My advice:
    - Be sure you keep checking shipments, every 6 hours you can buy 9 pieces of gear for a small number of credits. At higher levels these are purple items and save a lot of grinding time/energy.
    - Look for hard nodes that drop both shards you want and also gear items you want.
    - Do all the challenges.
    - Never sell any gear pieces.
    - Focus on a few characters and avoid the temptation to spread yourself too thin.
    - If you're willing to spend a bit of $, buy they crystal sub and use for extra refreshes.

Great advice here; especially the shipment purchases. Seriously, over time those add up if you are just playing casually a few times a day. Within a week you will be surprised just how much you have acquired from those. Don't give up mate
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

But that piece of gear (effectively) requires me to 3-star Dark Side 5K.

Arrrrggghhhh!

As of right now (I'm 53) and I can barely 1-star Dark Side 5K and can't even complete Dark Side 5L (need to 3-star both for gear). I need both of those to unlock the gear I need, as well as unlock some hard missions.

It's hard to find Boba Fett as an ally to have a chance at all those Jawas. I've found one and the problem with Fett is his Speed is lower than the Jawas.

HK-47 is even slower, and he's not easy to find, either.
    Old Daka is rare as a leader and the ones I've seen are under-powered so they die easily. Even with a good one, you can't heal your team if they're already dead, and you lose a star if you're rezzed.

* My primary PvP team is Light Side heavy so that's my strong suit. Also Light Side has plenty of healing available which makes PvE much easier. And finding Old Ben for Ability Block isn't impossible.

Because of the current lack of DS healers, you really need a decent Daka to progress well in DS PvE (a solid Talia doesn't hurt either).
    If you don't have one, start farming in cantina shipments, in the meantime, try to borrow one from an ally for DS missions if you can but as mentioned, they're rare because nobody uses her as leader.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Okay, my level 67 6* max-geared Daka is now available if anyone needs her. (Her leader ability isn't leveled up since I have never used her as leader before.)
  • Options
    Okay, my level 67 6* max-geared Daka is now available if anyone needs her. (Her leader ability isn't leveled up since I have never used her as leader before.)

Man, i realy need! My code: 397-725-127 :):):)

• Options
    If you collect every day and get most shipments, you'll get more than enough gear for 10 characters to max in little time. next
  • Options

Good to know. This was one of my questions / suggestions on the Q&A dev thread. Which level would the shipments start showing purple gears? I'm at 61 right now. :) Looking forward to 62 for the tier III challenges.

548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    If you collect every day and get most shipments, you'll get more than enough gear for 10 characters to max in little time. next
    Really? Have you seen those multiple 0/50 at Max gear. And out of 11 maxed chars i need 7 of those. 350 total agi salvages. Sure in no time. Tried 10-15 after i got two i think its not worth Trouble. Ill rather farm gear for few more chars and try to get Rey and fotp shards