Finally beat normal tank raid

2Next

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats! Enjoy your five salvage! Let's see, 13 days per raid. 5 random salvage from like 6 options. You'll have your first full gear in.. Hmm carry the one.. August!
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Congrats! Enjoy your five salvage! Let's see, 13 days per raid. 5 random salvage from like 6 options. You'll have your first full gear in.. Hmm carry the one.. August!

:D Kind of how it feels
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »

Don't know where you finished, but top 3 actually get pretty good rewards. 2 of our top 3 got full pieces, and quite a bit of salvage. Add in 900k+ gold, 1400+ guild currency and you're doing alright. What sucks is the rewards past 3.
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Must be nice. We're just 50% done on Phase 2 so we're looking at sometime around Christmas to finish this.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    The bigger issue is making sure everyone gets involved and doesn't just get frustrated and give up on the raid. That's the bigger problem.

No kidding. Half our guild has checked out, including 6 of our top 10 Rancor damage dealers. And anybody else has just put it on Auto. The only exception is one guy in my guild that is loving his Jawas on Phase 2. He's still having fun. The rest of us are already bored out of our skulls and frustrated beyond the capacity to enjoy.

"No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Steve78
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My lvl 72 6* (tank and healer are 7 *) gear level 8-9 Jawa team usually does like 3-4 times the amount of damage my two lvl 78-80 7* gear lvl 8-10 teams do...one of which is a full Jedi team, which is SUPPOSED to be buffed for this raid. I'm not seeing it though.
    Post edited by Steve78 on
  • Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »

Don't know where you finished, but top 3 actually get pretty good rewards. 2 of our top 3 got full pieces, and quite a bit of salvage. Add in 900k+ gold, 1400+ guild currency and you're doing alright. What sucks is the rewards past 3.

I finished 5th in our first tank raid. I got 3 different sets of 12 salvage a piece. I know one of our top 3 members got a full piece of gear. And some solid salvage as well. But we definitely had a lot of members check out after a while.
  • Options
    16 days.. 16 days.. zzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Too boring! I just whack it on auto and make a cuppa.
  • Options
    wish i was in your shoes. dec 2 and just about to finish phase 3 of our first raid
  • Options
    What you guys should really do is open an aat community chat on Line or Discord and invite players from anywhwere in the game for the specific purpose of sharing aat teams, phase info, tips, & strats. All the info is available here on the forums, but it's spread out and needs to be pieced together making it harder to find all in one place. Our guild has been completing heroic aat since day one, first one was horribly stressful, took over 40hrs. The times decreased with every aat after, we're now beating them regularly in under 3hrs, top 5-6 guys do 30% of the overall damage and we usually only have 75% guild participation, people that will miss just score a 0. Lots of people are willing to share advice, knowing what to build is the most important, 20 of the right toons is all any one player really needs.
  • Options
    Steve78 wrote: »
    My lvl 72 6* (tank and healer are 7 *) gear level 8-9 Jawa team usually does like 3-4 times the amount of damage my two lvl 78-80 7* gear lvl 8-10 teams do...one of which is a full Jedi team, which is SUPPOSED to be buffed for this raid. I'm not seeing it though.

You only want Jedi for P1. JKA(L), Ahsoka, IGD, Aayla(2nd option for L), & Rex or Yoda. Build up their tenacity and crit damage & crit chance.

P2 or P4. Two teams to choose from for both phases. Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, with either Phasma & EE or AA & SRPF. HK(L), 86, 88, JE, & Nebit.

P3. Chirpa(L), STH, SF, RG, & EP. 2nd Option: Datcha(L), Jawa, STH, QGJ, & Ugg
  • Options
    Not getting any better.. still taking at least 2 weeks with a full guild.. losing strong players who want to fight heroics.. can't pick up any strong players..

Come on developers, how hard can it be to scale back the DPS for some lower tier levels?
  • Options
    It takes time for your guild to grow and clear this raid.
    The tank raid is, in my opinion, not mean for new players/new guilds. It takes time to accumulate the crucial gears, credits and ability mats to build up the necessary team.
    Our guild was formed the first day Rancor raid is introduced and we clear heroic rancor from May onwards. Most of our guild member started playing from Nov-Feb, and yet, we failed our first heroic AAT raid. (we make is the second time though)
    That does not mean your guild member need to play 10 months (on average) to clear heroic, the growth rate at level 85 is faster compared to the level 60/70/80 days because you are getting more gears, ability mats from challengers, more credits from GW and the credit event. Your guild needs to focus on the ideal team (Wiggs, droids, EP/CC) and try to max out them to do this raid.