How are people getting crystals?

Prev1
Sgt_Strategy
114 posts Member
edited January 2016
So obviously there are people with TONS of crystals, im talking thousands, and i just want to know how. Some people talk about spending $100 on those packs and i ask myself who spends 100 bucks on a mobile game?

I myself play totally for free. Never spent a dime. I use the crystals i earn from challenges, and arena rewards (and the other little stuff) im level 60 with about 17.5k power.

So i just want to know, from people who have these piles of crystals, how do u get them? Do u use acctuall money or do u just jailbreak?

Anyone who knows for sure people jailbreak to get crystals feel free to say so because i know they wont say.

I just hate playing in servers with people who are somehow piling in on those $100 packs and meanwhile im here working my azz off to build my team.

AND WARNING! I KNOW SOME OF U KNOW ME TO LASH OUT AT PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE SO HOW ABOUT U JUST THINK BEFORE U POST UR COMMENT AND PUT URSELF IN THAT SITUATION

ALSO i just wanted to say, becsuse of some comments, i am a kid. So for people who say, yeah a got a $1000 to throw into a mobile game, thats why i cannot relate

Replies

• Options
    So obviously there are people with TONS of crystals, im talking thousands, and i just want to know how. Some people talk about spending $100 on those packs and i ask myself who spends 100 bucks on a mobile game?

I myself play totally for free. Never spent a dime. I use the crystals i earn from challenges, and arena rewards (and the other little stuff) im level 60 with about 17.5k power.

So i just want to know, from people who have these piles of crystals, how do u get them? Do u use acctuall money or do u just jailbreak?

Anyone who knows for sure people jailbreak to get crystals feel free to say so because i know they wont say.

I just hate playing in servers with people who are somehow piling in on those $100 packs and meanwhile im here working my azz off to build my team.

AND WARNING! I KNOW SOME OF U KNOW ME TO LASH OUT AT PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE SO HOW ABOUT U JUST THINK BEFORE U POST UR COMMENT AND PUT URSELF IN THAT SITUATION

Some people earn good money. I make about $70 per hour. Figure it out how much $100 matters to me. Only use them for refreshes tho.

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Lash out if you would like (nice warning lmao)
    But to answer the basis of your post "how do ppl have so many crystals"

Its be ause we save/buy them. As if it were anyones business how anyone has "so many crystals" in the forst place
  • Options

Just depends on how much you enjoy the game, i have a very good job and enjoy spending if i am having fun ( over $1000 spent on the game). Looking forward to seeing yoda and other heroes to buy plus gotta boost them to max stars.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    2800 crystals for $20 USD. Best value. A f2p could easily stretch that out for a month. That's the cost of 2-3 drinks in a bar, or packing your own lunch for work instead of ordering out 3-4× a month if you're strapped for cash.

Im a kid. I just revised the post to mention that.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I do. I will probably buy one $99 pack a month as long as CG keeps improving the game with real updates (not like this last one). 15,710 crystals, along with the ones earned in-game, is enough to keep me going for a month. If they ever bring back subscriptions, I'll buy those too. (They are practically free, I can pay for them with Google Play credits.)
    (Edited since he told us he's a kid.) To a kid, $99 may seem like a lot of money. To adults, it really often isn't. Many adults make more than that in a day of work. Some make more than that in an hour.
    Then you should uninstall this game and never install another one like it. This game is actually far kinder to non-spenders than most mobile freemium games. There are lots of F2P players who do just fine here. But don't expect to keep up with the big boys.
    Tips: conserve your crystals and don't waste them. Buy crystal subs if they return, they are the best value. Are you on Android? Sign up for Google Opinion Rewards, you can earn $5+ a month in Play credits for answering a couple of questions every few days.
    Ask your parents if there are chores you can do around the house to earn more money. It is a rare parent who will say no to that! :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    2800 crystals for $20 USD. Best value. A f2p could easily stretch that out for a month. That's the cost of 2-3 drinks in a bar, or packing your own lunch for work instead of ordering out 3-4× a month if you're strapped for cash.

Im a kid. I just revised the post to mention that.

That certainly can limit ur options. If you want a way to get more crystals then from dailys and achievemnts etc might i suggest visa goft cards for birthdays/holidays.
  • Options

Uninstall this freemium game. Spend your time on your homework and preparation for college.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

ALSO i just wanted to say, becsuse of some comments, i am a kid. So for people who say, yeah a got a $1000 to throw into a mobile game, thats why i cannot relate

If you are referring to the folks posting screenshots of their game in the forums they drop serious cash. IMO, someone like you is far more likely to cheat as you will use your false sense of injustice to justify yourself..ya know, cause everyone else is.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I do. I will probably buy one $99 pack a month as long as CG keeps improving the game with real updates (not like this last one). 15,710 crystals, along with the ones earned in-game, is enough to keep me going for a month. If they ever bring back subscriptions, I'll buy those too. (They are practically free, I can pay for them with Google Play credits.)
    (Edited since he told us he's a kid.) To a kid, $99 may seem like a lot of money. To adults, it really often isn't. Many adults make more than that in a day of work. Some make more than that in an hour.
    Then you should uninstall this game and never install another one like it. This game is actually far kinder to non-spenders than most mobile freemium games. There are lots of F2P players who do just fine here. But don't expect to keep up with the big boys.
    Tips: conserve your crystals and don't waste them. Buy crystal subs if they return, they are the best value. Are you on Android? Sign up for Google Opinion Rewards, you can earn $5+ a month in Play credits for answering a couple of questions every few days.
    Ask your parents if there are chores you can do around the house to earn more money. It is a rare parent who will say no to that! :)

you say you spend 99 a month. do you buy packs or just use for refreshes?
  • Options

That last part you added to your post is referring to my post. Now you are aware that this games sole purpose is to generate income for EA. It plays on mentally addicting players to want to spend money. This is not a game i would recommend for children under 18 due to this fact.

Beware with time it will become worse and updates will be targeted at us to pay more.
    Use your time now to study and later on when your working then pick up these types of games.
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Rather than focus on what others have, focus on what you are working towards. Money certainly helps to build a roster faster, but if you play it for the hour or two each day and make progress each day then you can realize that you are getting a better team each day.

You can be competitive as a free player but don't expect to have equally comparable teams to high spenders. Fortunately because this game has no direct PVP matches, even a person with a weaker team can take on higher teams.

Think of the game as a casual but fun experience as you progress through it. If you are successful in school now and have a good work ethic, then you can be successful in life later and have all the crystals you want in whatever game comes your way in the future. Of course, at that point you also need to learn impulse control. :wink:
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

That last part you added to your post is referring to my post. Now you are aware that this games sole purpose is to generate income for EA. It plays on mentally addicting players to want to spend money. This is not a game i would recommend for children under 18 due to this fact.

Beware with time it will become worse and updates will be targeted at us to pay more.
    Use your time now to study and later on when your working then pick up these types of games.

I played anlot of games while in college and master. Itnwas too easy. I played more strategy and online. This was 1993-97. I finished in 30% best excluding the many that had to quit for easier careers.

I think you need to limit the spend to a small proportion of income you make, not your parents. And seek iut games that build problem solving skills. Seek games fornthe kind of skills (reflexes, background, type of logic, content). My kids play phonics games, and my son reads fluently because of his desire to understand the mobile Faster Than Light game. He is 6 now. I won't install GoH for him yet. But GoH would be a way to teach him withholding and self control. For example, I would guve him 1200 crystals at one point, and the something every month. But if by day 15 he still has more than 600 Crystals in stock, I would give him double that, and if she soent more, half of that. What worries me of GoH is that it demands you be available at all key times if you want tobget the most, as opposed to from time to time, and that kills the educational factor by distracting him.

I get the crystals from arena (250 usually) and every 2 weeks about maybe $40 if not a bit more. Depends on the content.
  • Options
    I make more money than most but I still dont see the value in spending that much on this game. If im spending $50, i better be getting an entire AAA quality game, not some random shards or toons. Ive spent on dooku and the crystal subs, im always top 20 and usally 10 in pvp
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I played anlot of games while in college and master. Itnwas too easy. I played more strategy and online. This was 1993-97. I finished in 30% best excluding the many that had to quit for easier careers.

I think you need to limit the spend to a small proportion of income you make, not your parents. And seek iut games that build problem solving skills. Seek games fornthe kind of skills (reflexes, background, type of logic, content). My kids play phonics games, and my son reads fluently because of his desire to understand the mobile Faster Than Light game. He is 6 now. I won't install GoH for him yet. But GoH would be a way to teach him withholding and self control. For example, I would guve him 1200 crystals at one point, and the something every month. But if by day 15 he still has more than 600 Crystals in stock, I would give him double that, and if she soent more, half of that. What worries me of GoH is that it demands you be available at all key times if you want tobget the most, as opposed to from time to time, and that kills the educational factor by distracting him.

I get the crystals from arena (250 usually) and every 2 weeks about maybe $40 if not a bit more. Depends on the content.

I think that is excellent way of teaching control and i am glad there are people keeping a close eye. I am always worried about young kids playing these types of games.

• Options

Just save your pocket money, $5-$10 a week will get you a decent amount of crystals every month.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    CPLEE wrote: »
    you say you spend 99 a month. do you buy packs or just use for refreshes?

I have never purchased a chromium pack and never plan to. Unless you are willing to spend $1000 a month, they are a frustrating waste of money.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I refresh cantina once a day, refresh reg energy once. Refresh Sid shipments and refresh arena plus other stuff. Every day. I still have the same bank of 1000 crystals I built up in my first few days.

This game is too easy.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Because not everyone is well versed in financial responsibility or management nor makes rational monetary decisions all the time (myself included even though I haven't spent much on this particular game).

Doesn't matter how financially well off someone is. This is a bad investment.

But, people, like myself, will usually put aside a great deal of our astute rational minds to simply do something stupid once in awhile because we create a perception of value that justifies it and we have mad desire.

Be thankful for stupid rich old people. They are the reason you are getting to play at all.
  • Options
    Because not everyone is well versed in financial responsibility or management nor makes rational monetary decisions all the time (myself included even though I haven't spent much on this particular game).

Doesn't matter how financially well off someone is. This is a bad investment.

But, people, like myself, will usually put aside a great deal of our astute rational minds to simply do something stupid once in awhile because we create a perception of value that justifies it and we have mad desire.

Be thankful for stupid rich old people. They are the reason you are getting to play at all.

Some people drink $5000 wines every day and $50000 on their birthday, and these people are especially the ones that don't need our financial advise. If you charge your time very well how you soend you pocket change is irrelevant. EA knows how to help good studios get whatever wine they want, but then they get back to work and do what people want to pay for.

• Options
    Raenas wrote: »

Some people earn good money. I make about $70 per hour. Figure it out how much $100 matters to me. Only use them for refreshes tho.

LOL
  • Options
    I lov how everyone in this thread is a billionaire.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I buy crystals, but mainly the $10 booster pack and $19.99 pack for 2800 crystals.

I don't play ANY other mobile game or any gaming system. Don't own an XBox or Playstation and have no desire. So I literally spend no money on any other game.

I just really enjoy SWGOH and am willing to spend money to enjoy. I put in about $500 since I started in February. And $200 was buying that mega vault of crystals (like 33k) for $199.99. Lol, I have a credit card that lets me pay any charge over $199 in 6 months with no interest charged and I get 2% cash back. So I will pay that off over 6 months. :D

Bottom line: each of us is different. Some here are hard core gamers who play SWGOH along with a lot of other games.

Some just really like Star Wars and enjoy SWGOH and this is their only gaming they do.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    There is a simple trick. I went to college for 2 years after school then went to uni but got kicked out for being a wasteman. I then muddled around in poor jobs for 10 years before starting my own business. 8 years later I sniff crystals like I did other things in my youth. Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    I've stopped smoking cigarettes for over five months now and have bought about 20 crystal packs in that time. The money I have spent on crystals I would have spent on cigarettes in about two weeks.

PS. Never start smoking, it will be the biggest regret in your life.
  • Options
    I started reading this thread and for a minute got a bit excited at a jokers spotting but then realized this thing is old as crud!

I miss jokers.... :(
  • Options
    I'm no billionaire, I make decent money and am 42 years old. This is the first game I've ever payed real money for fake money to buy crystals on a mobile game. That said, I've dropped a couple $20's on crystals, but I manage them out. I never let them drop below 2,000 and whenever I save enough to hit 2,500 I buy a chromium pack or something. I refresh when I think it's needed, like when I'm like 10 pieces away from grinding 50 or something.

The bottom line is - this is one F2P game that actually lets you move forward and save a good amount of crystals so you can do things with them. It's not difficult to save a few hundred crystals and once you can do that, you'll realize it's not that hard to do.

My recommendation would be to just play for free for now, gear up the guys you have, participate in raids, do your dailies. Just don't focus or bother yourself with what other people are doing, it's really not worth it. Have fun and enjoy the game and don't make it a grind because then it's not fun anymore.
This discussion has been closed.