Has most of this community become completely selfish with AAT?

Replies

• Options
    What you mean people you met on the internet arent as genuine as you thought ??!!

Im actually only half joking as see what its done to some guilds... thankfully we have lost noone moving on to better themselves just cause of this raid
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    djvita wrote: »
    it should swing back soon as these whale guilds find the aat becoming too easy. seems reasonable as the really sting ones go back to help their struggling sub guilds and help them get to heroic.
    but thats just me seeing the glass as half full

There's already been talks of this among top level guilds doing heroic, all it takes is 1 or 2 squads per phase that can pump out reliable damage to make it trivial. Some guilds are already limiting attacks per phase and putting a halt on damage after a certain point so everyone gets a shot.

+1
  • Options
    it should swing back soon as these whale guilds find the aat becoming too easy. seems reasonable as the really sting ones go back to help their struggling sub guilds and help them get to heroic.

There's already been talks of this among top level guilds doing heroic, all it takes is 1 or 2 squads per phase that can pump out reliable damage to make it trivial. Some guilds are already limiting attacks per phase and putting a halt on damage after a certain point so everyone gets a shot.

honestly if the guild i was in would just give it a good month more, we would have stayed together AND beat heroic.

I hear you, so glad we have been holding together. We are really getting close and will feel more pride/accomplishment this way than bailing and just joining forces with guilds. That first time we finish heroic will feel great.
  • Options

+1

+2

In UniKøRns, the raid is already going pretty fast, especially on a weekend. Since I was a little busy, I have missed Phase 2 in the last two Heroic AAT raids we have done and I have come close to missing other phases. Depending upon the strength of the guild, Phase 1 can be done with 20-30 players. Phase 2 is finished with 30-ish people. Phase 3 used to be a grind before the discovery of Chirpatine. Phase 4 becomes a quick free for all. Having the right characters, at the right gear levels and with the right mods is the most important thing. The willingness to swap those mods can be pretty important as well. I think a guild consisting of the right 35 players could do this raid pretty easy (not before the Chirpatine discovery though). With EA saying they are going to nerf the raid, I wonder what will become of the raid. Will 25 of the right players be able to do it? Nerfing the raid only negates all of the hard work that the Heroic AAT guilds have put in and it isn't right. We should be given at least a few month advantage before any nerf of the Heroic AAT Raid....and by that time, a nerf will not even be necessary!
  • Options
    @Khorvog_Karbossa If you're looking. We got spots open.. let me know.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf Wigs! Oh sorry, I forgot what this thread was about for a sec.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    this thread is like a beautifull woman who is fighting for gender equality, all the men agree with her just to get in her pants.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain they're going to tone down normal AAT and leave heroic as is. That would be the smartest solution, as it stands normal mode is in no way a viable way to prepare your guild for heroic because of the vast difference in health values. The only way to accurately determine if your guild is ready for heroic is to simply start one and dive in.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @leef we are just 'friends' :lol:
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    this thread is like a beautifull woman who is fighting for gender equality, all the men agree with her just to get in her pants.

+1
  • Options
    My guild is like your original guild. We had to grind together to beat heroic rancor and now do so easily. Our plan is to eventually build towards heroic tank and we are getting close. Constantly joking and helping each other, I have no intention of merging or leaving. You're more than welcome to check us out. Name is Darkness, open to join.
  • Options
    I was really happy with my guild. We were a great group of 50 players, beating heroic rancor, and very friendly and active on LINE. Some of us were powerful, some of us were not too great. but we stayed together and helped the weaker players improve. We even were all posting 0 on rancor after getting 7* Han Solo, so that we could get others to 7* as well. i loved the community i had, we were being selfless, and really working with each other, rather than on top of each other.

Then AAT raid came.

We started heroic immediately, and were crushed by p2 to nothing. OK, so we weren't ready. started normal and did that grind. I saw on forums that guilds were poaching strong players. "Not my guild" i thought. "we stay together and we will just work together until these 50 people are all ready for heroic"

Nope, now we are about to merge with another guild of already 150 players. Yeah so 200 people in 4 guilds. We put the strong with the strong and the weak with the weak. no more will we carry the weaker, because most of the guild is selfish and just needs to beat heroic asap. I could be in the top guild of the 4, i have plenty of jawa and droid power, but the fact that these selfish players need to beat heroic asap makes me disgusted.

I will be leaving this guild, and looking for a more happy, less selfish guild. Maybe the next one will be less into being the best, and more into enjoying the community of each other.

Before you comment "well now you have a community of 200," No. I will not, because it will be split based on power. that is not a community, that is 200 people pretending to help each other.

And if any of my current (soon to be ex) guildmates are reading this, I'm sorry if you disagree with me but oh well, we have different ideas of "community" and "fun progression"

You should join our guild brah. Grievous Generals. We use Line as well.
  • Options
    Not really - it's just the way of the world.

If you had the real life option to change jobs and do something new and exciting....would you really care that much about your previous workmates and their feelings or would you do what is best for you? Would your previous workmates actually be jealous or would they congratulate you and wish you the best in the future?
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Join my guild! We can beat heroic... rancor... in 3 days
  • Options
    You dont need to be an awesome player to be in a heroic AAT guild. As long as you can guarantee 600 a day and do your allotment of damage (about 1 million over the 4 stages) you are doing your bit.

I came 16th with 1.1 Million damage. We had 2 non contrubutors, one zero and 11 under 500K. And thats a guild currently in the top 10 as we speak.

This talk of lots of guilds full of whales is in theory limited to what, 10-20 of them tops

Good stuff
  • Hdtaft82
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Our guild fell apart and had some of the same issues. We are trying to rebuild in a new guild, but are having a hard time starting over. Good luck! You are welcome to join our guild...it's in pretty sad shape right now, but it was a good group of people!
  • Options
    It's a shame to see this happen in the game. I believe there were a lot of guilds out there that were similar to yours and the way mine is with the team mindset. My guild definitely has a few members that could easily be doing heroics. In fact I've even considered putting out feeler posts to see what would be out there for me as fr as heroic guilds go. However I enjoy the company of my guild much more than I think I would enjoy being in a heroic guild with a bunch of strangers. Best of luck to you in your search for a new guild, I know it can be tough to find the right one
  • Options
    Stonecold crushers will take ya!
  • Options
    You're right, and it's making recruitment so **** tough. A friend and I started our guild when they first rolled out, and recruited our **** off. We aren't ready for the heroic raid yet, but we are close. We've been lucky enough to only have one person leave to join a whale guild to get Kenobi shards. The other ones have stayed with the guild cause they have been with us for awhile and like the atmosphere. The Tank Raid has changed the entire game.

Hi @DarthGoomba You only lost 1?? Wow thats a shocker lol
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    anonidude wrote: »

If you had the real life option to change jobs and do something new and exciting....would you really care that much about your previous workmates and their feelings or would you do what is best for you? Would your previous workmates actually be jealous or would they congratulate you and wish you the best in the future?

U cant compare it to a career change. U sacrifice friends, a familiar atmosphere, ppl that recognize when u log in...it's a game, intended for enjoyment. Work is...work. Are u willing to sacrifice the comraderie, recognition etc. in a 50-man guild to become a nameless thrall in a sea of 200 just to get a single character that will be worthless by the time u get him ?

Raid Han sure was cool, for a minute. Then, Shore hit the scene. Guess where your strategic stun goes ? And now Baze will have the same. Wedge/Biggs and Chirult/Baze r all rebels. Think your GK will stand a chance when the debuffs u turn into buffs, your taunts and stealth r all stripped away and your +30% health toons r destroyed bcuz clones and jedi just dont have the damage output.
  • Options
    Good point.
    I would also like to see rewards for trying to beat heroic:

Finished P1: minor rewards
    Finished P2: equal to "normal"
    Finished P3: add more gear parts, small chance for full piece

GK shards only for finishing AAT.

This might help smaller/weaker guilds, too.
  • Options
    It sounds more like you're the selfish sounding one no offence. Give or take without knowing specifics, the end goal of the merger should be to populate all 4 guilds with heroic in mind. After a few weeks of stat finding people will then get reshuffled into the appropriate statistical situation for all 4 guilds to be running heroics. If after the feeling out process you're still unhappy then move on. Atm all you're doing is being a negative baby and regardless you weren't doing heroics anyway so you weren't losing anything by acting out and misunderstanding the potential situation.
  • Options
    I think EA was short sighted in the creation of the AAT raid. The issue is in creating only 2 difficulties, normal & heroic, both beyond the reach of any but veteran players (don't discount f2p players that put in the time, the one true currency in any game) in a reasonable amount of time. Making specific rewards unobtainable for so many players is obviously divisive and has adverse effects in multiple areas.

As to the question of community, we've been through this before with Rancor. The difference being the multiple levels making most rewards available for everyone.

AAT has highlighted an issue many of us are facing. As much as I enjoy my guild (big fish small pond) and as satisfying growing new players and this, my 1st guild is, it is fast being outweighed by changes to GW and higher gear levels in arena that I'm struggling to keep up with . This has only been compounded with the creation of the AAT raid. Yes it's a matter of choice but our hand is being forced.
  • DarthGoomba
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    You're right, and it's making recruitment so **** tough. A friend and I started our guild when they first rolled out, and recruited our **** off. We aren't ready for the heroic raid yet, but we are close. We've been lucky enough to only have one person leave to join a whale guild to get Kenobi shards. The other ones have stayed with the guild cause they have been with us for awhile and like the atmosphere. The Tank Raid has changed the entire game.

Hi @DarthGoomba You only lost 1?? Wow thats a shocker lol

Lololol, one person leave to join a whale guild. The others left for dramatic/paranoid reason ;-)
  • Options
    The guild I am in has been talking about similar things, but we are not at a decision yet. It would seem to me that one way to make it might be as follows. Use the concept of a Major\Minor League. The guilds are built with some mechanism for moving up from the minors to the majors (opening exists at the minimum, but possibly also roster requirements). I think though that in order to instill a team spirit that there should be a rule that the Major guild can only recruit from the Minor guild. Just my $0.02.

I hope Khorvog_Karbossa that you keep playing the game. Don't let the game get to you. I am F2P and have been frustrated many days with how game changes affect me or the guild. That is the world I live in. Since I am F2P, I have very little influence over EA\CG, but I have a ton of influence over how I deal with the game.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    anonidude wrote: »

U cant compare it to a career change. U sacrifice friends, a familiar atmosphere, ppl that recognize when u log in...it's a game, intended for enjoyment. Work is...work. Are u willing to sacrifice the comraderie, recognition etc. in a 50-man guild to become a nameless thrall in a sea of 200 just to get a single character that will be worthless by the time u get him ?

Raid Han sure was cool, for a minute. Then, Shore hit the scene. Guess where your strategic stun goes ? And now Baze will have the same. Wedge/Biggs and Chirult/Baze r all rebels. Think your GK will stand a chance when the debuffs u turn into buffs, your taunts and stealth r all stripped away and your +30% health toons r destroyed bcuz clones and jedi just dont have the damage output.

Well the 1st bit sounds a lot like changing jobs.

The 2nd bit sounds like you are describing a game a bit like rock paper scissors?? No matter how "tough" the opposite team seems there will be counters available and while they might look like supermen they can only put 5 on the table at a time. The trick will be identifying a good strategy within the toon set you already have. As we have all done to date.

And if GK has some counters that are readily available....well that is no surprise to me either and TBH not particularly upsetting either.

Let's try to not get all our collective knickers bunched over this. If you are still enjoying the game - good luck you. If not, farewell, and I hope you prosper in your next endeavour.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    If anybody would like a tight knit bunch, JediKnites are looking for members. T7 rancor and right now normal tank. PM me if you'd like to join. Strong or not, as long as you're willing to work with us towards heroic tank.
  • Options
    The main issue is the new raid has enrage mechanisms so in order to be do Heroic, most of the guild must have teams for each phase. In short, really strong players. Our guild are staying together and hopefully we will be able to do Heroic soon.
  • Options
    This game is so destroyed at the moment, guilds are dead, replaced by super guilds of 150-200 players, the whole point of guilds in the first place is dead, might as well have 10,000 in each guild :lol:
  • Options
    I just logged in today to find some player from TI sniping our highest scoring guys in our Normal AAT raid to join their guild. Like really? We were about to start Heroic AAT next week...