When does Kylo Ren starts to shine???

Replies

• Options
    Feng wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    He's actually awesome, he's been in my team since I 7 starred him.

Over 15k hp, single target crits over 12k often, aoe is amazing with poggle. And his cooldowns reset often too. Don't listen to the haters.

Anyway mate, is your poggle highly star-ed? I've seen threads that 4* is enough so I'm wondering if I should still use my GW tokens to get his shards or should I start on Phasma.

Hi. My Poggle is 7 stars maxed out. He's probably viable at lower ranks with lower stars but the extra hp helps a lot. If you plan on putting up offense up then he dies, sure, just get his speed up.
  • Options
    I agree with Elyndria, with max gear and Poggle he assists Sid in melting other Poe teams even if I lose the Poe RNG at start. Only hard counter I've encountered is #1 guy with his massive assist team+ Poggle. It's brutal, however I place 2~5 daily on my server.
  • trillizo_y_uno
    286 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok, didn't mean to come off abrasive, I'm just saying, there are far better options than Kylo.

Uh huh, and I'd agree to a point but on the right team he's certainly a viable option maxed out.

Yeah, but not in arena. A fully geared Rey is much more powerful offensively and as durable as Kylo even with less HP
  • Options
    Ok, didn't mean to come off abrasive, I'm just saying, there are far better options than Kylo.

Uh huh, and I'd agree to a point but on the right team he's certainly a viable option maxed out.

Yeah, but not in arena. A fully geared Rey is much more powerful offensively and as durable as Kylo even with less HP

I'd agree about Rey in a single target assist based FOTM team.

There are other synergies and other viable team combinations besides yours, though.
  • Options
    Luke or Kylo - for sheer attacking?

Neither. Rey is the answer.

Thanks. Problem is I already have Luke and Kylo at 5*. So probably better to finish at least one of them to 7* before starting a new character from scratch I'm thinking. Reading all the GS praise pains me a bit as I only have him at 1*.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    To OP: the answer is when Kylo is on the same team with Poggle.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options

Thanks. Problem is I already have Luke and Kylo at 5*. So probably better to finish at least one of them to 7* before starting a new character from scratch I'm thinking. Reading all the GS praise pains me a bit as I only have him at 1*.

Rey isn't farmable from cantina like the other options, GS is probably your go to for sure.

3 nodes a day is all we get for Rey :(

I'll probably have her 6* in a month lol.
  • Options

There are other synergies and other viable team combinations besides yours, though.

Of course there are. But I'd one shot your Poggle or Poe, and I wouldn't even worry about Kylo. He's a toon you ignore.
  • Options

GS is awesome. He can get to gear 9 at level 70 and turn 1 speed. He's better and easier to farm than the rest.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Of course there are. But I'd one shot your Poggle or Poe, and I wouldn't even worry about Kylo. He's a toon you ignore.

Sure, if you crit or get a lucky assist and get lucky on speed. There's 0 chance you do 13.5k or 12.5k without those before Poe taunts.

gl with that consistently

• Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    To OP: the answer is when Kylo is on the same team with Poggle.

Alright thanks so much! I'll quickly make my poggle 7* then! B)
  • Options

Sure, if you crit or get a lucky assist and get lucky on speed.

Crit? I don't need crit or assist to one shot anyone with Rey. Level 70, 7 stars, full gear, level 7 attack.
  • Options

Crit? I don't need crit or assist to one shot anyone with Rey. Level 70, 7 stars, full gear, level 7 attack.
    There's a 0% chance Rey does 13.5k damage non crits with no buffs.

• Options

She can hit 13.5k damage with her flurry DEBUFFED at level 7.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here's the thing about Kylo. As someone said, he doesn't shine. He's not fancy, he doesn't hit for massive damage, he doesn't expose, or taunt, or grant offense up, or any of that fun stuff.
    But he's complex, balanced and versatile. He can do a lot of things. You just have to learn to use him properly. Sort of like Asajj.
    He does best against AoE teams and those with counter-attackers. Let's see.. is there a particularly popular character out there that is used by a lot of teams who counter-attacks a lot... oh right, there is. His name is Count Dooku. And every time you AoE with Kylo, Dooku will counter. So every time you AoE, you get at least a 40% chance of being able to AoE again.
    The thing is: Kylo has 50% more health than Dooku. He can take the hits. And if you get him near death without finishing him -- which the AI likes to do -- he can put down the hammer.
    He also heal-blocks. He's one of very few characters that can heal block on his main.
    I hate seeing Kylo on opposing teams in GW. Because I always use Dooku, and that AoE resets over and over. If I ability-block him, he's probably going to heal-block someone. I actually make him a high priority target, sometimes even before Sid. I also always put my Kylo in against other Kylos, and do everything I can to get my counter up first.
    Kylo is also interesting and fun to play, a character you have to think about. Unlike GS, where your choices are "hit with main attack or hit with assist attack". Not that GS isn't good, he's just not very interesting to play. They are entirely different beasts.
    My Kylo is level 67, max geared, power 5256, health 15.3k. His regular attack hits in the 1.5k to 2k range. His AoE hits for around the same, maybe a bit higher, and he can do it over and over. Outrage? Minimum of 3.5k, 5k+ on a crit, and 8k+ on a crit when down on health.
    I'm not actually using him in arena right now, but I will in the future. And he's a great sub in against an AoE team in GW. You may not use him now, but you didn't waste your resources getting him.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I like Kylo. Just not in arena.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Yeah, I've never seen her one shot turn 1 without a good assist, especially after a sidious aoe, and I play against 7 star Reys daily.

I could see it happen with 3 hits or double critting MAYBE.

Otherwise that's just poor balance :(

From my point of view, against defense AI, her foresight is annoying, but that's all she is. I focus her down first if there's no FOTP then everything's cake.
  • Options

Yeah, I've never seen her one shot turn 1, especially after a sidious aoe, and I play against 7 star Reys daily.

From my point of view, against defense AI, her foresight is annoying, but that's all she is. I focus her down first if there's no FOTP then everything's cake.

Except, I'm also running FOTP, GS, and Leia. Pick your poison. If I was worried about AI defense, I'd run Poe like the rest of you. If you beat my team, ill have no trouble beating you right back.
  • Options

Yeah, I've never seen her one shot turn 1, especially after a sidious aoe, and I play against 7 star Reys daily.

If you beat my team, ill have no trouble beating you right back.

Isn't that every team though? Everyone beats each other easilly. It's not some huge competition.

On my server most of the top players are all on different time zones so we just alternate rewards.
  • Options

Isn't that every team though? Everyone beats each other easilly. It's not some huge competition.

On my server most of the top players are all on different time zones so we just alternate rewards.

Yes, of course. All that matters is #1 at 6pm. I still think you could do better than Kylo though...
  • Options

Yes, of course. All that matters is #1 at 6pm. I still think you could do better than Kylo though...

Lol, just stop okay?

I like Kylo, I farmed him to 7 stars, I have a viable aoe strategy. I enjoy bulky attackers and he works for me. I'll continue to use it because there's no reason not to.

In the mean time I am farming for 6* Rey and QGJ. I don't have the budget to drop thousands to gain 2 stars on my pixel character in a mobile game. You do and that's great, good for you.
  • Options

Lol, just stop okay?

I like Kylo, I farmed him to 7 stars, I have a viable aoe strategy. I enjoy bulky attackers and he works for me. I'll continue to use it because there's no reason not to.

In the mean time I am farming for 6* Rey and QGJ. I don't have the budget to drop thousands to gain 2 stars on my pixel character in a mobile game. You do and that's great, good for you.

Don't hate. Get back to me when you are one shotting everyone with your fully charged Rey.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. So I quit farming Luke at 6*s and decided to go for Kylo. Originally I planned for Sid to pass the lead to phasma, who I don't have yet but I planned to start as soon as my lumi hit 7*s. I figured Kylo would be great on a phas lead team with dooku, Sid and lumi. I know GS is great, but mine is 1* so rather than start on him I would rather go back to Luke if I abandon Kylo who is currently 47/80. I quit on Poe at 5*s and now I plan to devote all of my cantina shipments to QJC. I'm not sure what my best option is now. I am currently running 7* Sid, 7* lumi, 5* Poe, 6* Luke and 4* dooku. I am on a young server and always finish top 5. Lvl 60 btw. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    My thoughts are:
    1) Great luck on the server! Top 5 is awesome.
    2) We're in the similar boat on GS. Seems like a long grind and for a character who's less iconic (fun?) than a Luke or Kylo.
    3) Debating Luke/Kylo myself. Kylo seems "well balanced" but I really like Luke's crit based abilities on the team in trying to build.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I know GS is better than Luke...but c'mon we are playin a Star Wars game, I wanna use the HERO not some goofy lookin bug. I may bounce back to Luke and finish him. He definitely fits my team better than Kylo at the moment.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Lol, just stop okay?

Don't hate. Get back to me when you are one shotting everyone with your fully charged Rey.

Does it matter? Two post ago you conceded that he can beat you with his maxed Kylo when you defend just like you beat him with Rey when he defends. So it's irrelevant.
  • Options
    At the moment I'm going with:
    7* Sid
    7* Lumi
    5* Kylo
    5* Luke
    5* JC

I plan on replacing JC with Poggle once I unlock him tomorrow. Seems like a team I'm semi satisfied with although I'm not convinced Kylo totally fits. Maybe he's more of a utility guy.
  • Options
    Kylo farm is never over!

I love his cantina mission. So much fun
  • Options

Fighting talk right there, just be carful and you two should probably just relax a bit and agree to disagree (btw to one shot Poe a TANK would take a bit of a setup, no matter who you have)
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Interesting thread. So I quit farming Luke at 6*s and decided to go for Kylo. Originally I planned for Sid to pass the lead to phasma, who I don't have yet but I planned to start as soon as my lumi hit 7*s. I figured Kylo would be great on a phas lead team with dooku, Sid and lumi. I know GS is great, but mine is 1* so rather than start on him I would rather go back to Luke if I abandon Kylo who is currently 47/80. I quit on Poe at 5*s and now I plan to devote all of my cantina shipments to QJC. I'm not sure what my best option is now. I am currently running 7* Sid, 7* lumi, 5* Poe, 6* Luke and 4* dooku. I am on a young server and always finish top 5. Lvl 60 btw. Any thoughts?

Man, minus the 4* dooku and you being on a new server.. It's like you are playing my game on my phone lol. I have all the same characters at the same stars give or take and in the same dilemma. I stopped Luke at 6* to go for Kylo - only 5 more shards to unlock him. Poe is at 5* - thinking of going for QGJ now. I have Phasma at 4* until I get my Lumi from 6* to 7*, who will eventually replace Sid as leader. I also got a 3* Fives from bronzium recently and brought him to 5* gear vii but now am sort of regretting that - was thinking of going for an assist/counter team. Not sure if I should keep going on Fives or not? My current team is 6* Sid (L), 6* Luke, 6* Lumi, soon to be 6* IG88 and 5* Poe.