Vader rework

Prev1
I think it's time to rework Vader. We are being inundated with Rebels because of Rogue One, and I dont think we're done seeing new Rebel toons yet, plus the Wiggs-Lando is meta on many servers right now. Rebels fight the Empire, so lets make the Empire a bit better. Shore Trooper is a start, but he's not even farmable yet. I think giving Vader a little rework on his basic ability, or maybe a dispel, call an assist, or stun, or speed him up would be nice. Vader is one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars Universe and in all of cinema! Plus it is grueling to get him to a 7*- it should be rewarding to use him. His abilities need to be on the same "level" as Emperor Palpatine, General Kenobi, and Han Solo because of how long it takes to 7*. An upgraded Vader would make an Empire team really fun, and an alterenative to the load of Rebel teams out there.

Replies

• Options
    I agree! Tired of Rebels team, it's time for the bad side return! :)
  • Options
    I agree! Tired of Rebels team, it's time for the bad side return! :)

You mean it's time for the Empire to Strike Back...
    And I like Vader as is, you seen his Zeta yet?
    He's as good as Palp, just in a different way.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    SpamFolder wrote: »
    I think it's time to rework Vader. We are being inundated with Rebels because of Rogue One, and I dont think we're done seeing new Rebel toons yet, plus the Wiggs-Lando is meta on many servers right now. Rebels fight the Empire, so lets make the Empire a bit better. Shore Trooper is a start, but he's not even farmable yet. I think giving Vader a little rework on his basic ability, or maybe a dispel, call an assist, or stun, or speed him up would be nice. Vader is one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars Universe and in all of cinema! Plus it is grueling to get him to a 7*- it should be rewarding to use him. His abilities need to be on the same "level" as Emperor Palpatine, General Kenobi, and Han Solo because of how long it takes to 7*. An upgraded Vader would make an Empire team really fun, and an alterenative to the load of Rebel teams out there.
    You must not know about the new META yet...........

• Options
    I don't know about it I guess, meta is still Wiggs-Lando in my server. Ive seen the zeta too, my biggest point with Vader is that it has taken a year now for me to 7* this toon, and I'm actually not quite there yet. Personally, any toon in my game that I have to work over a year for better be absolutely spectacular! Hence I think theres a little room for improvement. Speed, potency, anything.
  • XJStryker
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Vaders basic needs a lil buffing it hits like a lemp noodle. That is all
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Options
    I don't know about it I guess, meta is still Wiggs-Lando in my server. Ive seen the zeta too, my biggest point with Vader is that it has taken a year now for me to 7* this toon, and I'm actually not quite there yet. Personally, any toon in my game that I have to work over a year for better be absolutely spectacular! Hence I think theres a little room for improvement. Speed, potency, anything.

Yea I agree. Takes forever to 7* him and he is slow as all get out.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    You must not know about the new META yet...........

+1 give it another week or 2 for the meta to completely shift and then it's all we'll hear about... empire this, tie pilot that, ect ect
  • Options
    I agree. I'm not saying he isn't good- he is. But when I need to play every single day for a full year to 7* a toon, it should be worth the effort. Honesly if I were a brand new player, and I knew what I know now-- I wouldn't put effort into him. This is Darth Vader for petes sake, and his basic is more like a tickle than a hit, and he's slow as heck. Beef this toon up.
  • Options
    He just need yo hit harder, his culling blade should have 50% bonus attack, his bassic should do 3x the dmg that actually deals, and his AoE NEEDS to be stronger

No names like Wedge Antilles have AoE attacks that take 16K on ALL the enemies
    What does Darth Vader have?
    Force Crush, roughtly 3K and he is freaking DARTH VADER!
    That is not fair. Biggs, Leia, Han, Lando, Chirrut, Wedge, deal MASSIVE DAMAGE, and they are just humans with blasters.
    You have Darth Vader, THE CHOSEN ONE and you make him this Strong?
    He is the mascot of YOUR GAME CAPITAL GAMES/EA
    He is in the loading screen, even in the app newest LOGO (Along with Yoda too)
    Justice for Darth Vader
  • Options
    Exactly, it's Darth Vader!! And again, this is the most agonizing toon to get to 7*.
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    He just need yo hit harder, his culling blade should have 50% bonus attack, his bassic should do 3x the dmg that actually deals, and his AoE NEEDS to be stronger

That is not fair. Biggs, Leia, Han, Lando, Chirrut, Wedge, deal MASSIVE DAMAGE, and they are just humans with blasters.
    Justice for Darth Vader

+1 times infinity
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    XJStryker wrote: »
    Vaders basic needs a lil buffing it hits like a lemp noodle. That is all
    +1,000,000,000,000,000
  • Options
    Different characters do different things in different ways. Leave character design to forum rabble and everyone will be the same glass cannon.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    He is pretty balanced. I get it, he's Vader, but he works with an Empire team just fine.
  • Options
    The most ID say is either some speed, or maybe add an Anti-Rebel to his basic, maybe like unresistable turn meter reduction, or extra damage against Rebels. Of all the Empire toons, only Tarkin has Anti-Rebel, and that's really just Speed Down on his Intimidation.
  • Options
    Uh. I have 7 star vader at gear 11 and he is an absolute monster with EP lead. I routinely crit for 40k plus. Him, EP, Fett, RG and anakin destroy Biggs, Wedge, Lando Han teams.
  • Options
    Yeah buff Vader.

Should be stronger for the time needed to put into getting him
  • Options
    The most ID say is either some speed, or maybe add an Anti-Rebel to his basic, maybe like unresistable turn meter reduction, or extra damage against Rebels. Of all the Empire toons, only Tarkin has Anti-Rebel, and that's really just Speed Down on his Intimidation.

.......These actually sound... Really balanced.
    --add Rebels to his anti-Jedi basic.
    --immunity to turn meter reductions (fits the Empire theme of grinding inevitability)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I used to think he was balanced, but then Wedge came out and now Baze and Chirrut. Too many rebels that are better. Ackbar, Han, and Leia are all easily obtained in Arena, and Biggs in Galactic. A good Empire team is really tough to get. A bonus for Vader against rebels would be great, and his AoE should be closer to Wedge or Landos.
  • Options

Justice for Darth Vader

This. haha. But be nice to the devs, they have made a great game.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Eximus1104 wrote: »

Justice for Darth Vader

This. haha. But be nice to the devs, they have made a great game.

NECRO FROM THE GRAVE OF YONDER YEARS

It is kind of funny to bring back some good old memories of Wiggs Lando though :)
  • Options
    He needs a unique
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    He needs a unique

Yes he does.
  • Options
    Necro!

But yeah -- A unique. Maybe even as straight forward as % Counter attack against debuffed foes. +5% damage per debuff against rebel and jedi enemies.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    HODA!
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    "Before the dark times. Before the Chaze..."
  • Synric
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Unique:
    Whenever an ally scores a critical hit that enemy gains a dot. Can't be resisted.
    Whenever rebel enemies gain a dot effect they also gain an additional dot effect.
    Zeta: Rebels take triple damage from dots.
  • Jizzaouse
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Unique: All passive enemy turn meter gains are also applied to Darth Vader.

• Jizzaouse
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Synric wrote: »
    Unique:
    Whenever an ally scores a critical hit that enemy gains a dot. Can't be resisted.
    Whenever rebel enemies gain a dot effect they also gain an additional dot effect.
    Zeta: Rebels take triple damage from dots.

This is awesome too