why is GS better than Fives?

Prev1
DiscoSlice
275 posts Member
edited January 2016
Fives also has an assist call and has more hp - thus can assist more often. Am I missing the point of GS? I see he is usually run without other geonosians...

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Because GS is faster (so he actually calls assists more) and has a shorter cooldown on his call (ditto) and he hits 2-3x as hard. That's pretty much it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    GS has a hefty damage multiplier attached to both his basic and special attacks, his basic consistently procs "offense up", he's one of the few characters that can wear level 9 gear currently, and he's one of the fastest units in the game.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Because GS is faster (so he actually calls assists more) and has a shorter cooldown on his call (ditto) and he hits 2-3x as hard. That's pretty much it.

This.
    They are two different types of characters that have their own advantages and disadvantages. GS is a heavy damage dealer that is also squishy. Fives has a lot less damage, but is tanky.
  • Options
    And he is one of the few that can breach tier IX gear
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Options
    I'd try using GS a bit. Get him geared up and you'll see real quick.

Even at 3 stars he fit in well with my 6 star Phasma, Lumi and Sid and did more damage than most of them. He'll get taken down quick no matter what so his health isn't quite as important and his damage is still great. In the time it takes to get to 5's turn, GS will have had a bigger effect on the round than 5's will make in all of his turns combined. Partially because of his damage and partially because the other team is forced to deal with him right away, allowing Sid to heal block, Lumi to ability block, and Phasma and Han (don't have Poe yet) to take control of the turn meter and taunt, thus saving Sid and Lumi even longer.
  • Options
    5's slow buff is underrated. Also he has great counters which will also add slow effect.

• Options
    Because the current meta is about 1 turn battles, which will hopefully change in the near future
  • Options
    Does anyone have a video with recorded stats of any battle in GW or Arena in one round?
  • Options
    Because the current meta is about 1 turn battles, which will hopefully change in the near future

THIS

Fives is SO much slower and lower damage. He is tanky, but that doesn't really matter for anything right now since damage is all so high. Take GS in a fight against a poe/FOTP/QGJ team (current meta) and he can hit fast still, and hard, and call in an assist. He can possibly OHK QGJ or a lower star FOTP. Meanwhile Fives will probably go once by the time the enemy team has done 2 entire turns of attacks. Fives is usually one of the last people targeted because his slow speed and mediocre damage make him a non-threat.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »

THIS

Fives is SO much slower and lower damage. He is tanky, but that doesn't really matter for anything right now since damage is all so high. Take GS in a fight against a poe/FOTP/QGJ team (current meta) and he can hit fast still, and hard, and call in an assist. He can possibly OHK QGJ or a lower star FOTP. Meanwhile Fives will probably go once by the time the enemy team has done 2 entire turns of attacks. Fives is usually one of the last people targeted because his slow speed and mediocre damage make him a non-threat.

Which is so sad, because he has so much potential in many different setups. He's no threat when controlled by the AI, and his kit is so much fun too
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Does anyone have a video with recorded stats of any battle in GW or Arena in one round?

Slap together 3 Aoe heroes plus Poe and Poggle, profit.
  • Options
    5s sucks & is a non-threat. If I see him on a team I'm happy & will win. Leave him for last likely.
  • Options
    Also when we eventually get to lvl 8, GS swarm ability will kind of become broken since it will have no cooldown
  • Options
    The only time 5's is dangerous is when he is the last on his team and you have one or two left on yours. He will speed down your toons and counter almost every attack. Once you get into that rythem he gets 3:1 on your attacks.
  • Options
    Also when we eventually get to lvl 8, GS swarm ability will kind of become broken since it will have no cooldown

Well, his basic is the source of his offense up buff, so unless someone else has gotten him to proc it off their assist calls, it'd still get used for the buff (it's a significant difference-maker).
  • Options
    Ok thanks guys I'll level him up.

So is GS really only valuable in Arena? And, I assume with Sid as lead? Who usually shows up on the team to benefit GS the most? ty again.
  • Options
    Any heavy single target dps. Rey, FOTP, QGJ, etc. On the f2p side, probably poggle.
  • Options
    working on GS, I have a 4* Luke in mid-level gear, but none on your list. who should i be working towards first?
  • Options
    The bug is a high pressure attacker, take him out quick or suffer the consequences. He works best under Poes protection or with another assist attacker, ironically enough

Fives is a tank. He's designed to take hits and counter with his devastating counter attack (it does nearly double the damage of his basic) and spread his slow debuff to the whole enemy team. I find he's a great counter to Dooku and Sidious

They're really not comparable at all
  • Options
    Anyone considered investing on Fives for the long term instead?

His basic does a multiattack on anyone with speed down at lvl 76.
    Pair him with Phasma and his basic/counter's gonna hit for twice most of the time.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Pair him with Phasma and his basic/counter's gonna hit for twice most of the time.

Im loving my fives with phasma. He has helped me win fights easier in arenas, but sucks on defense so my ranks fall back pretty far throughout the day.

He also is very fun and effective in GW. Got him at 5 stars now with purple gear. Stopped farming him to go after QGJ however, because... it's QGJ
  • Options

Im loving my fives with phasma. He has helped me win fights easier in arenas, but sucks on defense so my ranks fall back pretty far throughout the day.

He also is very fun and effective in GW. Got him at 5 stars now with purple gear. Stopped farming him to go after QGJ however, because... it's QGJ

Yeah same here. He sucks on defense right now. I'm halfway through bringing him to 6* so I'll switch to QGJ after that.

I just feel he's gonna be a beast with the next level cap increase :smile:
  • Options
    I'm planning on getting and leveling both of them :) but based on my PvP experiences, GS is a bigger threat right now.

Great comments on this thread as well. Really solid arguments for GS. I'll go star him after I unlock Kylo.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Fives has more potential with all the new clone characters that are coming and also he has a good counter and inflicts speed down and his speed isn't that bad.
  • Options
    GS fits the current play style that works best in the game. That being said, I have almost 7 starred 5's because I enjoy a more defense oriented play style. 5's is perfect for that. Tanky, calls assists (team work), and counter attacks. He just needs an ability to taunt or mitigate damage in some way.
  • Options
    If fives had a taunt, he would be awesome. For now, he is just the counter/assist guy.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You can't be a tank without taunt. If you're not drawing fire, you're not a "tank" in the gaming sense.

GS works better with Sid in the lead, for big crits. Fives, arguably, is better with a phasma-led team.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Speed!
  • Options

Removed my 6 star lvl 66 5s from my Phasma build and got Poggle 6 star instead. Too slow and I would get pushed way down. Doesn't really contribute in attacks too as most games are over inside of 2 turns.

He was good when the level cap was 60, now meh... I use him in GW and LS missions though.

7 star Phasma, Sid, Lum and Kylo.
  • Options

Removed my 6 star lvl 66 5s from my Phasma build and got Poggle 6 star instead. Too slow and I would get pushed way down. Doesn't really contribute in attacks too as most games are over inside of 2 turns.

He was good when the level cap was 60, now meh... I use him in GW and LS missions though.

7 star Phasma, Sid, Lum and Kylo.

Working on doing the same thing right now. He's okay, but he just doesn't affect the game as much as he used to. Still incredibly helpful for galactic war and light side, but his damage and slow down aren't as impactful in arena with my lineup. I can still beat most teams on my server, but I get kicked back down to the 20's at night.

I have the same lineup as Azraelrulez. Planning on replacing 5's with QGJ and Lumi with Poggle.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Go on cantina.

Geo is one of the fastest, hardest hitting hero's.

Fives has the highest health and low everything else.

There you go.