Long-Term Drop Rate Tracking Thread

2Next

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    my first purple hairdryer took 2000 energy. i'm 18/50 on the next one so far
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Farming rey is Horror for me. Last 7 days. Out of 12 trys.
    1/12
    3/12
    2/12
    2/12
    4/12
    1/12
    1/12

This is really frustrating
  • Options
    Purple winddryers didn't took me that much tries. It's not easy to farm but it's the last item you need at 70. Don't worry, before the cap is again raised to 80, we will all have multiple purply hairdryers to equip our A-Team with.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 8 Update: Update is a bit early today because I'm busy later today.
    • Finished farming all shards for Kylo 7*, so his column is coming to an end. He ended up at a 31% drop rate.
    • Took a week to farm one purple blowdryer, and I've decided it's time to focus on gearing up other characters instead.
    • FOTP and Rey farming are still going well, drop rates above 40% on their respective hard missions. Unlocked the third location to farm Rey, so she gets 9 chances a day now!
    • Off to a terrible start on GS. 0 for 6, yay!

droprate.png
  • Options
    Awesome numbers on the Hard missions, keep on going! I'm also kinda interested in how many purple gears you normally get from FOTP, because these two missions are almost (if not) the best available at stage 6.

Wait... hold on a sec... you progressed to 7-B DARK side?! That's insane! Mind to share your experience grinding through the Stage 7 levels?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Awesome numbers on the Hard missions, keep on going! I'm also kinda interested in how many purple gears you normally get from FOTP, because these two missions are almost (if not) the best available at stage 6.

Wait... hold on a sec... you progressed to 7-B DARK side?! That's insane! Mind to share your experience grinding through the Stage 7 levels?

@Sticare_Courts_0073 I think FOTP hard missions have the possibility of two different purple gear parts. I usually get one or the other, or sometimes neither. I haven't counted, so can't say for sure.

For DS hard stages, I use healers (Daka and Talia) plus whatever else. They should all be 6-7*, since you need every HP you can get. Other people have reported success with pure high damage teams, and with ability blocking. Run the whole thing in manual, so you can control your cooldowns.
  • Options
    I think farming LS/DS nodes for purple blowdryers is a hard road to hoe, they're available in Tier III challenges after level 62 at up to 5 drops per win so if you got lucky and got max drops, you'd get max 25 a day.
    If only this were the case... Right now the Tier III AGI Gear Challenge (thus the appropriate one) drops 5 Mk V Laptops, which is very nice and all, but not as hard to farm as the darn Blowdryer. In fact, all rewards for AGI need to be pushed "down" a Tier, with Tier III becoming 3 Laptops 5 Blowdryers max, similar to the STR Challenge.

Right, sorry, I stand corrected.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Purple blowdyer today. And thats usual drop for
    Me.
    5/33

You must be lucky to get 30 percent drop rate
  • Options
    I officially started farming, LOL. My drop rates are insanely high: 1/1 = 100%

@stupidfatfool Holy moly, 6-7* Talia? I'm not even considering that, simply impossible for me. She always ends up being targeted and wasting my 3 stars, fml. My Daka is geared quite ok, but since cantina has QGJ and Poe I'll likely not star her any further than the current 4*.

If only the DS missions were a bit more like the LS ones. Just stormed through LS tier 7 today with Qui-Gon as lead. Even as a 3* he's pretty good in PvE. My only viable strategy in DS is Phasma+Daka multi-stun. :( But then again I'm not even lvl 67 yet, so still some time to improve on that.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, I'm glad I 'm not the only one doing this. It looks like you have taken it further than me.

I have been tracking for a few weeks now but only track totals, not per day results. I typically play on my tablet and have a counter app on my phone that just has Rey, Ren, and Dooku Yes and No buttons.

The easiest way to count number of days is with Dooku as I don't crystal refresh but on days where I get lucky with Rey shards, I sometimes spend 50 to reset early and keep trying.

Rey: Attempts 79 Shards 26 = 33%
    Kylo Ren: Attempts 114 Shards 43 = 37%
    Dooku: Attempts 48 Shards 20 = 42%
  • Options
    the endless money pit.

see my thread of why this game will never peak like clash of clans. I speak of exactly this.
  • Options
    So far I have involuntarily farmed 5 missions including the Purple Blowdryer. Crazy thing is those 5 dropped 4 of them, thus an 80% drop rate. I'm farming Ima-Gun Di by the way, that's why.
  • Options
    @LordStyling

Clash isn't a bottemless money pit? I remember spending hundreds there and I'm still no where near maxed out. Walls costing 3 million a piece? If anyone knows how to grab money it's Supercell.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @LordStyling

Clash isn't a bottemless money pit? I remember spending hundreds there and I'm still no where near maxed out. Walls costing 3 million a piece? If anyone knows how to grab money it's Supercell.

but you seem to get more for your money over there

• Options
    @LordStyling
    Like €20,- for 1 inferno tower on max? I think you can spend more money on avg there than here. I know I did in the 3 years I have been playing :)
    But this game is too fresh, if they introduce new stuff I might be spending again. Now I reached 70 I don't feel the need to rush anything anymore (including gear).
  • Options
    I noticed you had started farming gs on your last entry. How's it going so far since then? I've been farming him the last few days giving it 45-50+ attempts and hitting about 22%. Has it gotten any better for you since your initial bagel on 1/28?
  • Options
    Looking at your chart makes me furious! It is quite clear from reading the forums that the drop rate for MK 6 Chiewab has gone down significantly since the February patch. Now, most people are getting less than a 10% drop rate. Search the forum for "MK 6 Chiewab " and see for yourself.

I personally have had multiple energy refreshes where I have gotten NONE.

Players who need the piece now are at a huge disadvantage to those who got it before the February patch. NOT FAIR!

COME ON EA, STOP RIPPING YOUR CUSTOMERS OFF!
  • Options
    Oh yea, I stopped updating this because the drop rates were becoming fairly stable, and because I decided to stop farming for blowdryers. Haven't tried since then, that sucks if the drop rate is lower now.
  • Options
    Resurrecting an old thread, I know, but I seem to have had different drop rates at different times of the day. Have any of you been keeping track of what time of day you have been grinding and the rates at different times?