Can we please just be thankful and not be whiny complainers?

Prev1
meanpride
90 posts Member
edited January 2016
I swear, every update the devs put up, people have something new to complain about.

Why not just roll with the punches and adapt to whatever the game throws at you? Like what real winners do.

Why not just be thankful to the devs that we have an awesome Star Wars game that provides us everyday enjoyment.

Replies

• PuttinInWork
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. I needed that, thank you.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone who plays the game thinks they are the devs and know whats best for it. It's friggin f2p. Just sit back and let them ruin or make it great...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    In before lock.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Because as consumers and paying customers of the game we have the right to voice our opinions about what we feel they are doing wrong in the hope that with enough support from the community the developers will listen and implement changes that move the game to a more enjoyable future.

The moment everyone stops voicing their disapproval of things and just continues to spend money is the day that CG/EA continue their disappointing money grab updates that hurt the player base... oh wait, they're already good at doing that... welp rip Galaxy of Suckers
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    I think it has something to do with the fact that many of us like the vanilla game but don't like the direction it's going in. It makes sense to complain/argue about something you care about. I see the logic in it. I'd take yelling over silence any day here.

It also has to do with money. Yes, f2p this f2p that, but many people have spent money and have more than just an idle dabbling in this game. If not money, then time, and guess what? Time is money.
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    Because as consumers and paying customers of the game we have the right to voice our opinions about what we feel they are doing wrong in the hope that with enough support from the community the developers will listen and implement changes that move the game to a more enjoyable future.

The moment everyone stops voicing their disapproval of things and just continues to spend money is the day that CG/EA just continues to roll out updates that hurt the player base... oh wait, they're already doing that. haha

Constructive criticism from the player base is helpful and will greatly help the game, but the most i see in this forum is childish entitled complaining. We can voice our disapproval in a more mature way
  • Options
    You do see the irony in complaining about complaining, right?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    meanpride wrote: »

The moment everyone stops voicing their disapproval of things and just continues to spend money is the day that CG/EA just continues to roll out updates that hurt the player base... oh wait, they're already doing that. haha

Constructive criticism from the player base is helpful and will greatly help the game, but the most i see in this forum is childish entitled complaining. We can voice our disapproval in a more mature way

How?
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    In before lock.

So far, so good. No lock necessary as long as there's no flaming or going way off topic.

FashionFett.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    image_zpsh0mdv2mb.jpeg
  • Options
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson
    Lest CG falls too deep in their delusions of their updates being loved, we better complain to tell them their flaws.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Many crybaby in here.. I got a title for those folks that can't beat GW.

Galactic Weaksauce

• meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    You do see the irony in complaining about complaining, right?

Who said i was complaining? Aren't you tired with all the "GW is unbalanced!", "Poe is too strong!", "Chromium is sith!" threads?

And now we will have the avalanche of "GW shipments is a money grab! I m going to quit!" threads

I was not complaining. Im trying to give advice. (though will fall to deaf ears)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I'm more tired of CG complete silence than the forum's noise, to be honest
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have any faith that they will implement changes based on what has the most community support.

I think they care first and foremost about the dollar, and then everything after that. I don't doubt for a minute that they want to make a fun game, of course they do. But we can't expect all the changes, or even a majority of them to please the player base.

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    the game is still new. a year from the now the forums will look really calm
    mighty chlorians
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »

hopefully. Assuming the game doesn't fail, I plan on being here then.

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    every new game suffers this type of community behavior, although it's more common in the newer releases of games in the past 2 years. people are so touchy lately...especially the adults. it's like having a thick skin disappeared with the emergence of millennials in modern society.
    mighty chlorians
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Depending on CG decisions, they might look desertic
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

me too. I try to stay neutral and look at things objectively, regardless of how my gameplay turns out
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I didn't complain about the last update because I never wasted GW tokens to refresh, but I understand why others were angry and it was mostly because they didn't know it was coming...
  • Options

Because everyone will be gone.
  • Options
    Be thankful for something the very people complaining actually fund. That's hilarious and just shows the brainwashing many people have in today's society. Hilarious

You do realize that if there weren't people giving these guys money that this app wouldn't exist, correct? It's not some side project on their part (I get the feeling many Star Wars addicts don't grasp this) so this is a product they are looking to make money from and many people are their customers and customers have a right to voice their complaints and bad decisions.

And why do people get their panties in a bunch when people are critical of something they use or like? Criticism is what strives so many things to improve.

I'll never understand the way some human beings think.

I will say a better solution to just complaining is for those wallet warriors who are not pleased to...STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY. Hit them where they only care.

• Options
    Jezus.. people even complain about this complaining about complaining post..
    However I support this post because the amount of complaints is ridiculous. Even if with an update which only fixes some bugs ppl complain about they feel the wrong bugs have been fixed.. Stop wining like a bunch of spoiled brats
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

me too. I try to stay neutral and look at things objectively, regardless of how my gameplay turns out

Exactly! GW shipment change kind of stink? Sure. But now my banked credits will buy 2 or 3 toons at a time. I always thought it was odd that it DIDN'T refresh with crystals like...oh, you know, EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME. I'm not sure it wasn't just one of many minor coding typos that the players have discovered in the game (like Dooku's recent missing zero making 50% into 5%). So whatever. Especially now off all times, with a major content update coming, we should be patient. We will find out if they have been listening to the real issues of bugs and balance.

By my estimation the new "major content update" is going to make this game into what it was supposed to be at release before it was rushed out prior to TFA. All the more reason to show a bit of patience. Put yourself in the devs shoes, understand they have bosses as well whose demands must be met, and enjoy the game. If you dont, then quit. :)
  • Options
    We are, what, less than .00001% of the player base?

Whales, F2P whatever, do our opinions as of now even count with the direction the game takes? I personally think that the forums are supported by the devs so as to build a community of gamers helping each other out. And some of us are doing that and I applaud them.

But the majority of threads are, you know, really whiny! I was over at the C o C forums sometime back with a much larger community. The TH11 update led to a massive protest with the lead thread getting 100+ pages in a very short time. Nothing changed. So, I'm wondering if these threads do anything at all apart from letting you vent?

I would assume that the requirement or acceptance of any changes in a game played by millions would be gauged by player meta data and analysis of the overall changes in game play styles or whatever. Instead of, you know, 5 or 10 very vocal guys on a forum?

Whine or complain or suggest or put your word here. I would rather have us talking/ learning about how to deal with the changes being implemented and discussing game play mechanics. Just dropping my 2 bits, I'm outta here to the threads doing just that. Ciaio!
  • Options
    meanpride wrote: »

^^This^^

Example:
    shimsham wrote: »
    Be thankful for something the very people complaining actually fund. That's hilarious and just shows the brainwashing many people have in today's society. Hilarious

You do realize that if there weren't people giving these guys money that this app wouldn't exist, correct? It's not some side project on their part (I get the feeling many Star Wars addicts don't grasp this) so this is a product they are looking to make money from and many people are their customers and customers have a right to voice their complaints and bad decisions.

And why do people get their panties in a bunch when people are critical of something they use or like? Criticism is what strives so many things to improve.

I'll never understand the way some human beings think.

I will say a better solution to just complaining is for those wallet warriors who are not pleased to...STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY. Hit them where they only care.
    ^^This^^

This is a mature answer to a debate. Lay points out & finish with a conclusion.

I do feel the Devs can be more open on big changes (adding money to an object is a big change) but to constantly complain on l2p issues is getting a bit old. Honestly, there are a few issues that should stand up above the rest & saying horrible things will not make them change things faster... You just need to give the Devs time to find their legs. I'm not saying don't speak about the problems, just give valid reasons for it & im sure things will progress in a fassion that everyone enjoys.

To ridicule someone for making something you enjoy playing is a double edged sword. They can make it so that the f2p option falls away for the most part & purely listen to the money spenders... What happens to all the complaints then? Gone, but not without cashing in before doing so... Either way, everyone looses in the long run, less EA that has other supports.

So... Instead of treating Devs (could even just be mods relaying information) like **** for trying to cater to most people's needs, be constructive in your arguments & remember, the game is still new!

• Options
    With majority of people with child attitudes in this forum, your wish will not and never ever be happens dude..
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Forums are open to any and all topics GoH. Get over it.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    every new game suffers this type of community behavior, although it's more common in the newer releases of games in the past 2 years. people are so touchy lately...especially the adults. it's like having a thick skin disappeared with the emergence of millennials in modern society.

+100,000,000,000,000

Remember when you had to leave the house with a pocket full of quarters and bike/walk for miles just to play a video game? Uphill both ways. ;) Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762