I've spent $800 so far on the game and can't do anything with them. (With comment on GW)

Prev1
The energy mechanic in the game does not allow me to do anything with all the characters I purchased. I spent more on this phone app than I did in all my years of playing World of Warcraft. I want to be able to grind out my characters for xp and gear if I have the time to do so. Now that the achievements have slowed down I can't even keep up with the promotions. I want to theory craft/experiment....you know....actually play the game. So far I've managed to accumulate alot of characters yet only gain maybe 1 piece of gear on my top guy for the day. Also....I haven't been able to finish a GW after completing two of them. I'm fighting level 60's with my level 45 characters.

Replies

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Your the reason that you can't buy your way to the top no matter what f2p debates have been made , so while it won't make you feel better it does so how spending is limited as your lvl 45 , you still have to grind up to be op
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    You've spent $800 and can't complete GW AND you're complaining about lack of energy? Sorry, but you're playing the game wrong if that's the case. I've spent £40 plus the subscription pack and I finish GW every day, place top 10 in arena and have more than enough to do each day.
  • Options
    I'm curious how you could spend $800 and not be level 70. Crystal usage for refreshes are they key to leveling and gear farming.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    You could easily drop 800 on packs and still have a bad team.
  • Options
    If he went the chromium rout I can see it
  • Options
    Jimminy Christmas, stop spending! I am $170 deep into it, and that's enough for me.

The game is paced so you cannot level too quickly, and thus fairer to all players.

I got a bunch of new toons with my investment, but it kind of backfired. i tried to level everyone, and spread myself too thin. Now I have a bunch of useless characters I left behind at level 40.

Most toons will eventually become farmable (we have seen the trend with FOTP, QGJ, etc...). So, paying bucks just gives a little head start, but it still doesn't level them up quickly.

Once new characters are released, there will be some farmable, and some not. This is how they entice us to drop a few bucks. I have a feeling either Yoda or Grievous will not be farmable, and people will lose their minds (and wallets) to try to proc one of those sweet little monkeys.

You could have used that cash to get a PS4 and some sweet games.
  • Options
    come on guys he only level 45. Now the game begins. Now you have to make hard choices and dedicate to a core team and secondary. Once you get the main teams up there and winning, you can then start branching out. Its easier to farm once you get high enough level to unlock all the content.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    From 45-55 the GW seems tough, that seems to be a "soft spot". When you played Wow and were lower level did you think you could go to a purple zone and exp?

Get to work, get your level on, oh and no matter how much you spend you will still find compitition from those that have the time in, the only thing this game really buys you is time, not success.

You can get to the endgame faster, but you still have to think about what you are doing.
  • Options
    Do you mind clarifying your response. I simply didn't understand everything you wrote. I don't care about being OP. I simply would like to play the game.
  • Options
    Oh, and welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    Just to clarify for you guys....I'm feeling like I can't keep my character levels up with my account / content level. Also, I don't mind GRINDING/EARNING (I played Everquest 1)....but I don't have the option to grind....I have limited energy.
  • Options

I feel for you. The idea that there is so many currencies to level up, star up, gear up, and then buy energy makes having a full roster of characters pretty useless in the current game. If I did it again, I would just focus on 10 farmable heroes with good synergy, and leave the rest un-activated.

I am hoping that a future update shifts the focus away from arena teams and gives us a way to use characters of every level, and not just as cannon fodder. The missions do this in a way, but I farm so much purple gear now that I have no place for my low level toons. Which are pretty fun guys to play.

I would also like a way to grind for gear. At least I could have fun with my roster that way.
  • Options
    you should have no problem competing with spending 800, but sounds like you bought all cards and no refreshes to actually build your team. If you want the very tops spots (assuming there are other whales on your server) you still have to follow meta though. Poe+DMG+Speed
  • Options

I feel for you. The idea that there is so many currencies to level up, star up, gear up, and then buy energy makes having a full roster of characters pretty useless in the current game. If I did it again, I would just focus on 10 farmable heroes with good synergy, and leave the rest un-activated.

I am hoping that a future update shifts the focus away from arena teams and gives us a way to use characters of every level, and not just as cannon fodder. The missions do this in a way, but I farm so much purple gear now that I have no place for my low level toons. Which are pretty fun guys to play.

I would also like a way to grind for gear. At least I could have fun with my roster that way.

Exactly. I could care less about the arena, being the best etc....I want to be able to use the products I purchased in some capacity, instead of having to use my OTHER characters to level them up.
  • Options
    I did my first GW just now and I got wrecked. I don't understand the mechanics completely.

if my character dies and I retreat does the whole battle reset?
    Is there a point to leading with a weak team and then dying with them and going in with A team?
    I got stuck behind a team that ran Savage, Lumi, Ben, Sidious, Windu and they were higher level than me.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    All you need to do is refill your energy and gear your toon to max. Below 55 gear is more important than *.

Go read guide section.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    You could easily drop 800 on packs and still have a bad team.

That is true. My Chron pack luck was not great so I spent elsewhere.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    If you buy crystals for 800$ you will have more energy to Play with.

However, I feel the game needs a practice mode or something. I finish my GW and Arena and challenges and feel I would play more if I could
  • Options
    I would love to spend more time enjoying the game. I'm only lvl 50 (51 later tonight) and it seems like 2-3 times a day all I do is grind for gear and shards by sim in missions and cantina.

I also agree GW seems harder now than it used to be. My team is stronger than ever but my foes always have a few levels on me and chip away at my team. I can't quite do it yet.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I made the same mistake as you and spent several hundred dollars when I started playing in order to unlock and play with certain Chromium exclusive characters like Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul and Leia.

The first issue is that characters have star levels (1-7) and in order for your characters to be relevant at max level they typically need to have max star level as well. (Occasionally a 5* or 6* character can still be good in some ways). Unfortunately, $800 is not enough money spent on Chromium cards to max pretty much any character to 7*. You will start maxing characters around the $1200 point and continue to max the more elusive characters all the way up to $3-4k spent.

The second issue is that the more characters you unlock, the more resources and time you need to spend in order to gear and level them up to a point where they are good enough to use. These resources also cost money. So gearing, leveling and promoting characters will all cost a lot of energy refreshes, credit pack purchases and time completing challenges and earning shipment currency to bring your characters up to speed.

What I would recommend is if you want to utilize your characters, you need to focus on around 10 characters to build up at one time, leave the rest alone until you finish the ones you are working on. Per day, you need to complete your daily tasks and challenges and while you are at it you want to utilize several energy refreshes per day. Energy refreshes cost more the more times you refresh, so you need to figure out a balance of how quickly you want to level and gear your characters versus how much money you want to spend on refreshes per day. Normal refreshes cost 50/50/100/100/100/200/200/200/400/400/900/900/etc crystals to refresh. If you want to gear up a lot of characters at once, I recommend utilizing all of the 50 and 100 crystal refreshes and possibly the 200 crystal refreshes as well. For the cantina missions, energy refreshes cost 100/200/400/800/etc crystals. Cantina currency is the hardest currency to acquire compared to Arena and GW currency so I would recommend doing the 100 and 200 crystal refresh on Cantina every day and possibly the 400 crystal refresh if you want to improve fast.

When you refresh your energy, focus on SIM'ing the levels which work towards the gear you need for your characters. Your gear need to be maxed out up to your current level for your 5 Arena characters and follow pretty closely to those top 5 for your GW and Light/Dark teams as well. Also, make sure your using your shipment currency to purchase shards towards the characters you need to balance out your roster in whatever areas your struggling with. For example, if you can't complete GW, focus on improving Luminara or Barriss or JC so that you can keep your health up over the 12 rounds. If you can't place in the top 20 of Arena, focus on improving your Arena team with Sidious, Geo Soldier, Poe, etc.

I will actually be making a beginner's video guide to this game if you want to watch it, it will be posted to my channel within the next week at youtube.com/otrademark. Unfortunately, I had to learn a lot of this the hard way as well through trial and error but I hope to minimize new players mistakes such as the one we made of buying a lot of Chromium packs when we first start and being unable to utilize them.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • rosigod
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lol, i spent 5$ and My rank is usually 25-50.
    And i finish gw every day.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    $10 (dooku pack + crystal subscription) and i finish GW over 30times.
    Xz8CP7J.png
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    3D157 wrote: »
    The energy mechanic in the game does not allow me to do anything with all the characters I purchased. I spent more on this phone app than I did in all my years of playing World of Warcraft. I want to be able to grind out my characters for xp and gear if I have the time to do so. Now that the achievements have slowed down I can't even keep up with the promotions. I want to theory craft/experiment....you know....actually play the game. So far I've managed to accumulate alot of characters yet only gain maybe 1 piece of gear on my top guy for the day. Also....I haven't been able to finish a GW after completing two of them. I'm fighting level 60's with my level 45 characters.

There are some beginner guides in the guide section, you should read those. Hearing your story I think you bought a lot of chromium packs, those are good for obtaining heroes but do nothing in levelling and gearing. If you're not planning on spending thousands it's better to refill your energy with your crystals.
    You probably have tons of heroes (with all the packs bought), it's better to select 5-10 heroes and focus on those. Try to create a squad with synergy and keep gearing and upgrading those. Once you reach the level cap you can focus on some others.
    Song wrote: »
    $10 (dooku pack + crystal subscription) and i finish GW over 30times.
    Xz8CP7J.png

I don't see how boasting with your own squad helps the OP. And just a tip, upgrade you mains to gear VIII and stop spending on chewbacca
  • Options
    I spent $195 which feels like about $145 too much, so I stopped spending about a month ago. I finish galactic warfare everyday, I completed all available cantina challenges, and I'm pretty far in both light side and dark matches. I'm also OK with the amount of Arena tokens I get per day currently around rank 200. So I don't see the reason to spend money anymore, though I so wish I could just play at my leisure and not be concerned with energy. I prefer games with just an upfront cost and not this nickel and dime you to death nonsense, but I'm guessing they are making more money this way.
  • Options
    Your problem is that you spent $800 dollars on this game
  • Options
    Your problem is that you spent $800 dollars on this game

This.

Maybe you need to have someone take your credit card away since it sounds like you may have some compulsive spending personality trait. That's not a knock on you but rather an observation.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Didnt read everyone elses comments so this may have been said but for $800, think of all the crystals you coulda boughg for farming that you could have done and all the 7* max lvl max gear toons you'd have to show for it.
    This is buyers remorse, nothing more. You chose to go for chromium toons and now you play the game in the consequences of your decisions.

Im not being mean and not saying its a bad thing. Its just you made the decision to go for toons rather then farming so this is the result.

Keep pushing forward and grinding those stars/gear and you will have a monster team in no time. Lvl 45 ish is about where the game actually starts so perhaps you have quite the jump start for you investment but sinply dont yet realise it.

Best of luck
  • Options
    How old are you? Srly!

Why the f**k would any sane person spend $800 on a **** phone game?
    A game addict with messed up priorities I guess.