AAT Normal conversion to Heroic

Prev1
Link2440
90 posts Member
edited December 2016
Wow! What a horrible neuter of the normal AAT raid! Went from 7-8 days to 12 hours to beat. I mean, how can you just reduce it to nothing?!? I literally soloed phase 4 with 4 teams a couple days ago. That's just not right! How can you make it easier AND also reduce the health?

My biggest problem is not the nerf, it's now, how does my squad know when it's time to move up?! There is no fair and easy way of determining it as we can never all try our squads out cause the health is so low. Now we have to blow 90k to find out we can't?!? Sucks!

Also, finishing the raid in a few hours only to have to wait 3 days to have enough coins to start again? Bad math Devs!! We should be able to raid every day as part of being in a guild!

Solution:
Add a tier in between? Why not match the heroic in terms of strength and health but give us multiple attacks so when we get down to 2 days, we will know we can move up. I don't see why that wasn't the obvious option! Instead, you made the normal TWICE as much health! Again no apples to apples comparison. How hard would it be to make it the same on both besides the multiple attacks in 24 hours?!

#EpicFail

Replies

• Options
    My guild is wondering the same thing! Would also like to see a health comparison between normal tank and heroic
  • Options
    I love the idea of having a heroic difficulty raid, albeit without the shards, and having character refreshes. It would give guilds an easy way to gauge when you're ready for the real deal heroic raid. Seems like it would be an obvious implementation into the game... So I wouldn't expect it.
  • Options
    Do heroic. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Our guild beat the rebalance raid with no refreshes, we then tried heroic and beat it. It took quite the planning tho.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Link2440 wrote: »
    Wow! What a horrible neuter of the normal AAT raid! Went from 7-8 days to 12 hours to beat. I mean, how can you just reduce it to nothing?!? I literally soloed phase 4 with 4 teams a couple days ago. That's just not right! How can you make it easier AND also reduce the health?

My biggest problem is not the nerf, it's now, how does my squad know when it's time to move up?! There is no fair and easy way of determining it as we can never all try our squads out cause the health is so low. Now we have to blow 90k to find out we can't?!? Sucks!

Also, finishing the raid in a few hours only to have to wait 3 days to have enough coins to start again? Bad math Devs!! We should be able to raid every day as part of being in a guild!

Solution:
    Add a tier in between? Why not match the heroic in terms of strength and health but give us multiple attacks so when we get down to 2 days, we will know we can move up. I don't see why that wasn't the obvious option! Instead, you made the normal TWICE as much health! Again no apples to apples comparison. How hard would it be to make it the same on both besides the multiple attacks in 24 hours?!

#EpicFail

That is not a good indicator because you can reuse characters in normal if you go over 24 hours. Heroic has no roster refreshes.
  • Options
    I think we are on our 4th heroic now, I'm sure our top guy could easily solo T6.

Maybe it's easy now for some guilds but guilds can now reasonably progress from T7 Rancor. The jump from T6 AAT to T7 is huge, especially if people don't plan far ahead and develop the best teams.
  • Options
    Scuba is correct. For my guild, we are waiting until we can consistently finish in one day before trying heroic.
  • Options
    Before the nerf my guild only got to 68 percent left on p3. Now we can beat a raid in five days. It's much better.
  • DelmonYoung
    240 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The current state should have been add as t5.
    Post edited by DelmonYoung on
  • Options
    The new normal AAT is far better, and now it aligns more with the Gear VIII, LVl 80, 6* requirements listed on the raid. Our guild has a lot of newer players who are stuck at the gear wall going from VIII to IX & X.

The first comment on the new Normal was someone saying it's not so demoralizing anymore. They weren't going in throwing everything they had at it and reducing the health 1%. We can finish it in three days now.
  • Options
    Manage to do following vaules on normal using 1 squad, you can do around 4% on heroic:
    P1 jedi: 600k
    P2 droids: 3M
    P3 chirpatine/teebotine/tfp: 700k
    P3 full jawas: 1.2M
    P4 rebels: 3M
  • Options
    thanks for the tips @jackTHErandom. That's the info I was looking for
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You're better off blowing 90k guild coins to test the waters. Just make sure you keep track of who can do what and coordinate it. My guild failed our last Heroic trying to beat phase 3 so now we know to work on Phase 1 & 3 teams. We also keep up a google docs file listing our team and their gear for each phase for Heroic. It's extra work but WAAAAAAY better than bashing our head for +4 days trying to beat pre-normal AAT.
  • Options
    Problem with a spreadsheet like this (at least the one my guild made & maintained) is mods ... Your really need good & "correct" mods for heroic... A "yeah, i got 5 jedis/droids/rebels/whatever at g10 w mods" doesnt cut it, even if its the good toons... Mods make a huge difference...

As an example:
    guildie of mine uses hk, 88, 86, je, nebit for p2, all g10, random 5* mod sets: manages 2% tops on heroic tops
    Another guildie of mine uses same team but with the proper mods for them: manages 6% on p2, 9% on a perfect run
    A friend of mine with the same team and speeds of 190 on his droids (he swaps arena rebel mods on his droids during raids) manages 12% damage
  • Options
    scale back to like 1/6 you damage then its the number you might get in heroic
  • Options
    First people complained about it being to hard, now they are whining about it being easy. Make up your mind please.
  • Options
    Do heroic. Problem solved.

Yes
  • Options
    luisgin wrote: »
    First people complained about it being to hard, now they are whining about it being easy. Make up your mind please.

Problem wasnt that normal aat was too hard, it was that no easier tier exsisted (t1-5 on rancor)... Now normal aat seems like a heroic rancor guild doing t4's
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The only way to know for now is to give it a try.

Any gauge we had from guilds that made the switch is broken now.

A few weeks and people who are tracking their t6 and make the successful switch will be able to reset the gauge.

They should have just added this current version as a t4 and left everything as is.
  • Options
    Stop worrying about wasting "precious" guild tickets and give it a go, they build up fast anyway
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »
    Scuba is correct. For my guild, we are waiting until we can consistently finish in one day before trying heroic.

TBH, that's not even a good gauge. My guild clears normal in 3 hrs, no resets, and not everybody hitting it (some 0 damage scores so they get rewards), and we failed our first heroic attempt. Although we should be good on heroic shortly because we just added 40 EPs.
  • Options
    They should've just added TIER V for AAT Raid for noobs instead of this joke.
  • Options
    Link2440 wrote: »

Solution:

#EpicFail

Yeah, don't care. Glad its beatable now. Gauge yourself by how complete your roster is and stop trying to neuter everyone else just because you think it's bad.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options

We have the Rancor down to under 10% on teir 7 but could really use a final push from a ringer or mercenary!! Mostly free to play players so it's a big deal for us.

Clearing room by removing some lower levelled players so we can add a few more better skilled players.

Guild is called "Strike Me Down"

If anyone wants to help it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Again, Guild is called "Strike Me Down"
  • Henchman805
    317 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There is a major communication barrier between the player base and the devs... This tank tail is evidence devs and players are no where near the same page took 2 months to acknowledge then they make it so easy u can basically solo it... NO one even asked for that nerf. the players just wanted something that didn't have 200 million hit points
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    There is a major communication barrier between the player base and the devs... This tank tail is evidence devs and players are no where near the same page took 2 months to acknowledge then they make it so easy u can basically solo it... NO one even asked for that nerf. the players just wanted something that didn't have 200 million hit points

It's crazy looking back at rancor initial release they got it right with the multiple tiers for the varying guild strengths. Not sure why they didn't do something similar here.
  • Options
    Cause they obviously want everyone to spend money...
    "Dang, whole guild cant even dent P1! We should all collectively spend a few hundret dollars each so we can beat it!"

• Options
    scuba wrote: »

It's crazy looking back at rancor initial release they got it right with the multiple tiers for the varying guild strengths. Not sure why they didn't do something similar here.

It's because the decided to take away the TMR mechanic. When they gave the raid opponents guaranteed turns every "x" hits (depending on phase), it exposed lopsided guilds where a few strong players carried the raid.

I think they nailed Rancor because they just tried to design a challenge without preventing any specific technique. I think if they had thought about TMR in advance, Rancor would have been a similar disaster.
  • Options

Exactly!!!
  • Options
    Manage to do following vaules on normal using 1 squad, you can do around 4% on heroic:
    P1 jedi: 600k
    P2 droids: 3M
    P3 chirpatine/teebotine/tfp: 700k
    P3 full jawas: 1.2M
    P4 rebels: 3M

Problem with p3 and Chirpantine is the droids are too weak and EP doesn't benefit from shock. I can't seem to keep enough droids alive and shocked for EP to gain enough tm.