Wiggs have +45 speed boost! Working as intended?

Prev1
Wiggs is also the only combo in the game where they get a free assist with no damage penalty.
How is this game balanced?

With speed mods ur looking at a 240 speed wiggs. How can u top the first turn kill by biggs and 3 consecutive aoe's by wedge lando and ani? Of course theres sunfuc in that team to make it even sweeter

Kill order and high protection?!? Really? Show me how u can top at 240 wiggs.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like your problem, wiggs was just retooled not long ago, they won't do it again
  • Options
    Forgot to mention the ridiculous leadership ability of wedges. Only 4 different bennefits! Really? How is that balanced when most toons only have 2 on average?
  • Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well Wedge only works good with Biggs dude. You have to have them both geared out. Ps, there are a lot of synergy teams out there ya know. If you can beat them, and they aren't unbeatable then they are fine where they are. I vs wedge/biggs teams all the time and completely decimate them. I run Rex (L) - because those teams crit all the time.

Rex(L), Sun Fac, STHan, Anakin, Palpatine.
    or
    Rex (L), Echo, Fives, Clone Sergeant, Sun Fac.
    Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Vodeux wrote: »
    Forgot to mention the ridiculous leadership ability of wedges. Only 4 different bennefits! Really? How is that balanced when most toons only have 2 on average?

Lol I'll take Rex's 2 benefits over Wedges any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
  • Options
    How is an AoE stun balanced? How is JE's speed balanced? How is dodge balanced? It's the game dude. Every team has a counter and speed and mods trump all...

Triple assist... Vader gets three consecutive moves with a Pappy lead... Dots + Finishing blow with Culling Lead + regular attack (with TM gain if an ability block is inflicted).

Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    Marthvadir wrote: »
    Well Wedge only works good with Biggs dude. You have to have them both geared out. Ps, there are a lot of synergy teams out there ya know. If you can beat them, and they aren't unbeatable then they are fine where they are. I vs wedge/biggs teams all the time and completely decimate them. I run Rex (L) - because those teams crit all the time.

Rex(L), Sun Fac, STHan, Anakin, Palpatine.
    or
    Rex (L), Echo, Fives, Clone Sergeant, Sun Fac.

A few problems here. Rex is chromium excluse. Just because one character only works with another doesn't make them any less broken. Also, let's not even mention how easy it is to farm Biggs.

And then there is also the mentality that if they can be beaten they aren't broken. I've seen what Wedge alone can do when borrowing my ally's GEAR 8, 5 STAR Wedge, and it's ridiculous.

I wouldn't use OP for anyone up to this point except Wiggs. Unless you have Rex or Wiggs yourself, they are unbeatable
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    A few problems here. Rex is chromium excluse.
    He was, now he's just very slow to farm. This makes Rex a bigger problem. You're sad about Wiggs? Wait til Rex takes over your shard. Game is over.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There is just a new EP is OP topic and now this. Everyone is at a different stage in this game. Nerf callers have 0 value. New characters might switch the meta away from aoe and wiggs. Nerfing now has no point.

Shoretrooper, tie pilot and scarif pathfinder will make any nerfs now make people cry for more in the future.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    He was, now he's just very slow to farm. This makes Rex a bigger problem. You're sad about Wiggs? Wait til Rex takes over your shard. Game is over.
    8 of 10 on my shart
    A59CAB73-2E67-462D-9743-A23C19868B9C.png

• Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    8 of 10 on my shart

Ooohwee. 8 of 10 on your shart? Time to change those pants.

PS - looks like #4 stole a version of my in game name...
  • TheRenegade
    256 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My Biggs has 243 speed and guess what, I get beat all the time. There isn't much defense in this game. Almost any team can win on offense and no team holds on defense.
  • Options
    Honestly wedge isn't even In my top 5 wish list.
    SF
    Palp
    Anakin
    B2
    Rex
    Aayla Wedge Chirpa
  • Options
    Also there is only 1 wiggs on my shard and it's a team I target. It would take landikin over wiggs any day.
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

And then there is also the mentality that if they can be beaten they aren't broken. I've seen what Wedge alone can do when borrowing my ally's GEAR 8, 5 STAR Wedge, and it's ridiculous.

Don't forget that in your case Wedge got his unique for a squad of 6 instead of 5!

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Our top 5 include Wedge, JKA (me), LC, Rex, OB, and EP. We've finally driven the droids from the top 5, and much of the time the top ten. Those guys are screwed, because they went droids since they're easy to farm, and they don't have much else, lol

I am first to admit droids were op for a short period of time. They were a great choice at the time I started seriously gearing mine. Armor patch is what nerfed them. This was the biggest troll ever, considering the countless toons that people like me farmed while they were actually good. I was just finishing je by the time the rug was pulled out.

They killed droids and didn't even bother to put it in a patch note.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Our top 5 include Wedge, JKA (me), LC, Rex, OB, and EP. We've finally driven the droids from the top 5, and much of the time the top ten. Those guys are screwed, because they went droids since they're easy to farm, and they don't have much else, lol

I am first to admit droids were op for a short period of time. They were a great choice at the time I started seriously gearing mine. Armor patch is what nerfed them.

Hundreds of people thought droids were OP, not just you.

Wiggs is good now because there's no damage equivalent and few viable counters, just like Rey was back in her day.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    @CronozNL

Admitting they are meta is by definition unbalanced, but they go beyond just being meta

The damage needs to be brought in line or they will always be the first choice, most powerful attackers, unless they are effectively nerfed by other toons coming out. You can't compete with them for single target damage. Nowhere close. Biggs is almost one-shotting my 60k vader, and wedge cleans up the rest, before anakin and lando even move. Before you start I beat that team every day to take 1st in arena. Multiple times

The ability to one-shot is a massive advantage. They are a massive advantage. CURRENTLY. to an extent no toon should be. This is why you say they currently need a nerf. You can only comment on the game as it is.

I say this ignoring shoretrooper because that is when the debate started. And I also say this before I see how it all goes down with shoretrooper. There may be teams that he can be a part of that make wiggs not meta, I'll reserve that judgement but still speculate on it now.

I'd still say at this point given their damage and what I know about all the toons in the game that I'm pretty confident he will change nothing, they will still be very much the go to meta toons. Their damage is too high and unless it gets to the point you don't even need them for damage cos there is such a good combination of control/damage from other toons, they will still be OP. And that's a point where it isn't right now, and it seems to me it still won't be after shoretrooper.

• Options
    Also depending on how it's setup the tournament to get him will probly involve a clusterfukk of wiggs below you, and you are attacked for not having them, and, like on my shard, some of the F2P who have worse squads, worse mods, made worse decisions than me all along the way, but decided to cheese with wedge, are able to chill at a higher rank than me just cos I have a problem with wedge and don't want him.

That's one thing on my shard where I can just walk through them on the way to first, and they can use the OPness to walk through me, but when your hand is actually being forced....

To be honest, I won't even care about it particularly (as long as I get the character at any star level) at that point cos I'm done, but you know that will be firstly a bit of a joke, and secondly a demonstration of how OP they are. Imbalanced.
  • Options
    First they were worthless, ppl complained, they made them better. Now ppl complain. It seems they can't win either way.
  • Returnofthen00b13
    108 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Win by making them being balanced. Not worthless, not crazy OP characters you need to get, just good characters that work well against some teams. it can't be that hard, and it's one of their main jobs.
  • Options
    As much as I'd love to see them nerfed into absolute dirt
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    8 of 10 on my shart

Is your leader board still like that? Or have a lot of people switched or what?

I'm super curious about the teams and mods they use. I run a rex lead... but I'm the only Rex lead in the top 50 of my shard. The top 25 are all wiggs, lando, boba, ep and 2 droid teams. 26-50 is the same with more droids and a few jedi/teebo outliers.
  • Options
    Really? Show me how u can top at 240 wiggs.

G11 Shoretrooper and TFP with an EP lead. I hunt Wiggs teams on my shard. After Biggs blows his special on Shore (who is still at full health with most of his protection gone afterward), neither Wedge nor Biggs ever moves again - and Lando might get to use his special once. Wiggs is soooo 2 months ago.

Come to the darkside....we have cookies. And Buff/ability block. Wiggs teams are delicious.

Rex lead? Just use TFP's ability block on Rex to open...then burn him to the ground.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Wiggs is also the only combo in the game where they get a free assist with no damage penalty.

With speed mods ur looking at a 240 speed wiggs. How can u top the first turn kill by biggs and 3 consecutive aoe's by wedge lando and ani? Of course theres sunfuc in that team to make it even sweeter

Rebels are the dirtiest and the cheapest team, now they have Baze Malbus and Chirrut îmwe, another GODLY BROKEN Duo deal with it kid, Rebels are invincible they (EA) are not gonna fix this.
  • Options
    y'all really resurrected a three-month-old thread just to repeat exactly what y'all been saying forever...
  • Options

QGJ Zeta L, JKA, Aayla, Boba Fett and B2.

I EAT WiggDo teams! My shard is filled with them and I destroy them, easily. I consistently place top 3.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Really? Show me how u can top at 240 wiggs.

G11 Shoretrooper and TFP with an EP lead. I hunt Wiggs teams on my shard. After Biggs blows his special on Shore (who is still at full health with most of his protection gone afterward), neither Wedge nor Biggs ever moves again - and Lando might get to use his special once. Wiggs is soooo 2 months ago.

Come to the darkside....we have cookies. And Buff/ability block. Wiggs teams are delicious.

Rex lead? Just use TFP's ability block on Rex to open...then burn him to the ground.

+1
  • Options
    BrillO wrote: »

I'm super curious about the teams and mods they use. I run a rex lead... but I'm the only Rex lead in the top 50 of my shard. The top 25 are all wiggs, lando, boba, ep and 2 droid teams. 26-50 is the same with more droids and a few jedi/teebo outliers.

I was just thinking that sounds very similar to my shard - checked and see you in 3rd spot. I have a droid team that I dip into top 50 for payout.

• BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    BrillO wrote: »

I was just thinking that sounds very similar to my shard - checked and see you in 3rd spot. I have a droid team that I dip into top 50 for payout.

Yep, that's me. I've been trying to dip into first place lately haha I still haven't quite got the whole last minute timing thing down.

I think I see you, #50? I broke into the top 50 with my droid squad(my first legit squad) a few months ago. I still incorporate 86 in my arena squad frequently, and use my droids everywhere else... they just need some ships!

Anyways, see you on the battle field... you have ashitload of teams to burn through. Good luck