Event roadmap update please...

We are now getting events past the current calendar... Can we please have a new update?
I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.

Replies

• Options
    We haven't had a real dev communication for almost a month now... It'd be nice to hear something meaningful! (Yeah, telling us on January 9th, that the guild leaderboard is getting refreshed does NOT count as meaningful communication...)
  • Options
    There was an update on 12/15 that said Omega's will be every 1st and 3rd week.
  • Options
    @Kylegoesbuck that was a month ago!

• Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    @Kylegoesbuck that was a month ago!

I agree that we should at least get an update. But he's talking about events, and we weren't updated on it. But we were... a month ago haha
  • Options
    They are still on their month long vacation
  • Options
    No harm in asking nicely for an update...
  • Options
    I will ask Kozi what the plans are tomorrow.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't care what time of year it is, going a month without talking to and updating the people who play your game is ridiculous. This game is worse than any other mobile game that I play when it comes to talking to the community and updates
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Robhar3187 wrote: »
    I don't care what time of year it is, going a month without talking to and updating the people who play your game is ridiculous. This game is worse than any other mobile game that I play when it comes to talking to the community and updates

Wow, your pretty demanding.... do you like it when customers take this stance with your work?

They don't have to tell us anything.....really they dont.

Also, are you surprised? They have never been that great and when they have said even tentative schedules everyone still references it...."August ". They are probably a little hesitant to give us info.
  • Options

Thank you! Very much appreciated!
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A month advanced event calender would be super-duper helpful...

A.) Knowing what events are happening in a formal In-game calender like the login-rewards.

B.) Would allow players to prepare for tournaments ahead of time when faced with an onslaught of tourneys like we saw in December. Because very few could compete in all of them, this would allow time to prep for the one you wanted to take super seriously.

C.) Its common courtesy... at least devs try to update us of stuff allowing us to tell others in game...but by time many find out its on there heels.
    Events section giving a week advance is nice, but hardly enough prep-time for the uninformed.
  • Options
    Agreed! Please communicate something.....
  • Options

Very much appreciated. It helps for those of us who are still a bit new to know which toons we need to focus for the omega battles or if we should even bother trying :P
  • Options
    New game feature called pod racing !
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Wow, your pretty demanding.... do you like it when customers take this stance with your work?

Also, are you surprised? They have never been that great and when they have said even tentative schedules everyone still references it...."August ". They are probably a little hesitant to give us info.

Fair point about them being poor communicators, but if I went a month without talking to my customers I would be out a job lol

He just expects more from a company he supports. That's not asking to much.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options
    It would be great to know what will be next update
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Fair point about them being poor communicators, but if I went a month without talking to my customers I would be out a job lol

He just expects more from a company he supports. That's not asking to much.

That's a very good point.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    I think what bothers me the most is that they haven't even said anything about Carrie Fisher. I mean freaking Family Guy did a memorial for her (granted she did voice work for them), and this Star Wars game has said... nothing?

Disappointing.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    I think what bothers me the most is that they haven't even said anything about Carrie Fisher. I mean freaking Family Guy did a memorial for her (granted she did voice work for them), and this Star Wars game has said... nothing?

Disappointing.

It's really not good to be expecting something like that from people you don't know who had no connection to her who also had no connection to you.
    Now if Fisher was your mother and CG was your father/best friend it would be different; but that's not the case
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »

It's really not good to be expecting something like that from people you don't know who had no connection to her who also had no connection to you.
    Now if Fisher was your mother and CG was your father/best friend it would be different; but that's not the case

What? That makes no sense.

This is a Star Wars game. It is directly tied to Fisher and her legacy.

When Leonard Nimoy passed Star Trek Online developed multiple in game memorials to he and his character. Not only was that appropriate it was widely loved and appreciated by the fan base.

I don't think it's to much to expect them to say something.
  • Options

Disappointing.
    HaronKhast wrote: »
    No, I'm not disappointed at all. Seriously answer this question: What does it matter whether they publicly express condolences or not?

I don't really care how callused this makes me sound, but good lord, people need to learn how to grieve appropriately. Taking the death of a celebrity so personally, to the point where it upsets you that other people don't publicly grieve, is not healthy. Expecting some kind of tribute or public statement from other people who also did not know her personally is not healthy, especially when their connection to her is so incredibly tenuous.

For those of us who never knew them personally, the actors we love have already achieved their own unique form of immortality. The talent that made them famous will always be there for us to appreciate, again and again. If you feel the need to memorialize Carrie Fisher's portrayal of Princess Leia, then go watch Star Wars. Her playing of that role is obviously what means the most to you...otherwise nothing anyone else says about her passing would matter, right? So why not just pay direct tribute in the most personal way possible, rather than hop online and expect other people to make some ultimately meaningless statement, which really only echos how you already feel anyways?

• Options

Disappointing.
    HaronKhast wrote: »
    No, I'm not disappointed at all. Seriously answer this question: What does it matter whether they publicly express condolences or not?

I don't really care how callused this makes me sound, but good lord, people need to learn how to grieve appropriately. Taking the death of a celebrity so personally, to the point where it upsets you that other people don't publicly grieve, is not healthy. Expecting some kind of tribute or public statement from other people who also did not know her personally is not healthy, especially when their connection to her is so incredibly tenuous.

For those of us who never knew them personally, the actors we love have already achieved their own unique form of immortality. The talent that made them famous will always be there for us to appreciate, again and again. If you feel the need to memorialize Carrie Fisher's portrayal of Princess Leia, then go watch Star Wars. Her playing of that role is obviously what means the most to you...otherwise nothing anyone else says about her passing would matter, right? So why not just pay direct tribute in the most personal way possible, rather than hop online and expect other people to make some ultimately meaningless statement, which really only echos how you already feel anyways?

/rolls eyes

1: The fact that this person would comment whether or not someones actions are mentally healthy without knowing or even talking to an individual immediately tells me they have no idea what they are talking about with regards to mental health.

2: I never asked them to grieve. I said they should say something. They are a Star Wars brand, and her passing did effect people in a real and personal way, and not simply tied to her acting.
    -She was one of, if not the, first princesses who was not relegated to damsel in distress.
    -She was an outspoken advocate for mental health care and awareness (one more reason flippant comments on mental health are remarkably inappropriate with regard to this subject).

3: Even if this were specifically about grieving, everyone experiences and deals with grief in different ways. It is remarkably rude and presumptuous to try to tell others over the internet that how they deal with it is not "appropriate."
  • Options
    i want new events for all players!
  • Options

I saw the game update post. I'm grateful for that and not to mention a tad excited. I still would like an updated list of what omega battles are coming which week and what class of hero I will need for the,. So I can farm / level accordingly... Please and thank you :p

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »

I saw the game update post. I'm grateful for that and not to mention a tad excited. I still would like an updated list of what omega battles are coming which week and what class of hero I will need for the,. So I can farm / level accordingly... Please and thank you :p

I would say you need them all. Omega battles are on a regular cycle. So within 2 months you will easily go thru each set at least once as there are 6 total battles.

Here is a listing of the 6 omega battles and the factions needed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41121/upcoming-omega-events