So my account is just floating in the nether?

I recently had to get a new phone and go through the tutorial. At the end of the tutorial it asks you the age question. I hit the slider to my real age (30) and for some reason it slid back to 12 and I didn't realize it until after I hit submit. Now I cannot login to my real account that is attached to my gmail.

I am level 85 with 43 7* characters, 29 of which are at gear X or higher and fully modded out. Here is my SWGOH profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/madv216/ I am NOT a new player that can just "start over".

I've spent over $200 on this game and have been playing for over a year. A ticket has been logged with support, but after perusing the forums over this issue it seems like absolutely nothing can be done to fix it. This is unacceptable to me. If I cannot play the game on my original account, then my investment over the past year has been an absolute waste.

It seems like very strange design that one question would irreversibly lock a phone with "child locks" forever with no recourse either through the UI for the User or in the backend by EA/CG. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game from my phone with no luck.

Does anyone have a way to solve this?

Replies

• Options
    I'm not an android user so take this with a pinch of salt as I'm only trying to help

Can you sign out of the account your using in the settings and delete the app as well as its cached data then redownload redo the tutorial & sliders then sync that way?
  • Options
    When I completely uninstall the game and all the data and then redownload it, it opens past the tutorial to the new account that was just started. In the in-game settings there are only 5 or 6 options when there are usually a lot more including one that lets you log-in to a different account. It seems that by setting myself as younger, those options have been removed. I just tried a Factory Reset of my phone, advice from a guildmate. Will update if that works
  • Options
    In the meantime, CG needs to let us login/sync to our EA/Origin account so things like this NEVER ever happen. People lose their game for one reason or another all too often and CG can do something about it, but they just choose not to.
  • Options
    Mav216 wrote: »
    I recently had to get a new phone and go through the tutorial. At the end of the tutorial it asks you the age question. I hit the slider to my real age (30) and for some reason it slid back to 12 and I didn't realize it until after I hit submit. Now I cannot login to my real account that is attached to my gmail.

I am level 85 with 43 7* characters, 29 of which are at gear X or higher and fully modded out. Here is my SWGOH profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/madv216/ I am NOT a new player that can just "start over".

I've spent over $200 on this game and have been playing for over a year. A ticket has been logged with support, but after perusing the forums over this issue it seems like absolutely nothing can be done to fix it. This is unacceptable to me. If I cannot play the game on my original account, then my investment over the past year has been an absolute waste.

It seems like very strange design that one question would irreversibly lock a phone with "child locks" forever with no recourse either through the UI for the User or in the backend by EA/CG. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game from my phone with no luck.

Does anyone have a way to solve this?

• Options
    Same thing happened to me. I'm going through cancer treatment and they don't care.
  • Options
    Firstly, if you have already bound your original SW account to your gmail account, there should not be an option to create a new account anymore. I highly suspect that you did NOT 'attach to your gmail' properly.
    Secondly, if you still have the original Android device in which you used to log in to your SW account, you should create a new Google Play account, and properly bind your original SW account to this new Google Play account. After this, you can log into your SW account on your new device via this new Google Play account.
    Lastly, if you no longer have access to the original device, your only last remaining option is to contact Support with your Player ID and or Ally Code.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Firstly, if you have already bound your original SW account to your gmail account, there should not be an option to create a new account anymore. I highly suspect that you did NOT 'attach to your gmail' properly.
    Secondly, if you still have the original Android device in which you used to log in to your SW account, you should create a new Google Play account, and properly bind your original SW account to this new Google Play account. After this, you can log into your SW account on your new device via this new Google Play account.
    Lastly, if you no longer have access to the original device, your only last remaining option is to contact Support with your Player ID and or Ally Code.
    Good luck.

My SWGOH Account is correctly bound to my Google Play Account. I've reconnected to multiple new phones prior to this one. Selecting an age below a certain threshold removes the option to login to your Google Play account. This actually happens, I promise you.
  • Options
    The factory reset of my phone worked. It went back to the tutorial and when it asked me the age question I selected 30. It them immediately prompted me to login to my Google Play account vs last time when it just took me directly into the game with limited options.

This should not require a complete factory reset of the phone. Please look at redesigning this major flaw. It's way too easy to be locked out of your account.
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me. I'm going through cancer treatment and they don't care.

Sorry to hear that. If you can somehow back up all your data to the cloud, a factory reset of your phone will also reset the SWGOH new game app data that is being saved to your phone (since it's not linked to any account yet). It will let you go through the tutorial again and select the proper age. This is such an awful solution to force a customer through and needs to be remedied.
  • Options
    You could try:
    1. Factory resetting the phone
    2. Logging into Star Wars with the same account you used for your new phone. I read that someone's daughter couldn't see guild chat and what not, so they logged in threw the same Game Center on another device and set thup age to above 13. Now it works fine for thier daughter.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    It looks like resetting the device to Factory Settings allowed you to go through the FTUE (first time user experience) again and select the right age this time. This is not a bug, it’s just the way the game is designed when it comes to underage accounts.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • MaxNorway
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi all

Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life.

Just to clarify and make sure. Resetting the device will not result in lost progress? My main problem with the "underage account"-issue is that Im not able to press the "Connect to Google Play"-button and thereby save my progress.
  • Options
    Hiya!
    It looks like resetting the device to Factory Settings allowed you to go through the FTUE (first time user experience) again and select the right age this time. This is not a bug, it’s just the way the game is designed when it comes to underage accounts.

Hello,
    Can this trick be used on iOS please? I have the same issue where my son set it and I can't change the name or use guild chat.
    I can't find a way to have this "FTUE":
    - disconnected from Game Center, started GOH, goes on and saves progression "somewhere"
    - connecting to Game Center, I find my level 80 but no change

Thank you,
    Kind regards,
    Mike
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have a different Apple Device? Try logging into Game Center on the other device and start up the game.