Game Update 1/25/2017 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456721
Mageduckey
699 posts Member
edited February 2017
Here are the goods, the news, the updates for 1/15/2017. Cheers!

WHATS NEW
You've all been speculating some interesting guesses for February's daily login character (and some of you have been right on the money!), but Kylo Ren will be the daily Login character for February, complete with some exciting new improvements. Please look forward to them.

NEW CHARACTERS
  • Director Krennic
  • Death Trooper

SPECIAL OPERATIONS
The Special Operations event will soon be underway! Get ready to earn shards for Director Krennic and one of his Death Troopers in an all-new limited time event Here’s a sneak peek at Director Krennic and his Death Trooper:
48nmpahzrpbc.png
  • Director Krennic: Dark side Empire support character
  • Standard Abilities: Inflicts Stun, Ability Block, and Buff Immunity for 2 turns
  • New debuff: Stagger! Similar to Expose, but removes all Turn Meter
  • Leader ability: Enables Critical Chance + Potency Empire squads, with extra Ability Blocks
  • Can't be Critically Hit while Death Trooper is present
motprky8znsz.png
  • Death Trooper: First Empire unit with an AOE Dispel
  • Standard Abilities: Inflicts Daze and Stun
  • Debuff: Inflicts Deathmark
CITADEL PACK
The Citadel Pack appears after the start of the final tier of the Special Operations event. Each pack guarantees 5 shards of Director Krennic or Death Trooper with a chance to get 30 shards!

YODA & PALPATINE EVENTS
Starting in March, we will begin rotating the Grand Master's Challenge with the Emperor's Demise Event every other month. These events will still take place on the second Thursday of the month and will last for 7 days. Yoda will run in February, Palpatine in March, Yoda in April, etc. For more information, please see @EA_Jesse’s Events Information post for updates on all event schedules.

IMPROVED GUILD CHAT NOTIFICATIONS
Your guild chat has been updated with the following changes:
  • Changed notification from 4* and higher to 7* only
  • Changed notification from gear level VII and up to gear level IX and up

SHARD SHUFFLE
Shoretrooper has been added to Light Side battles (HARD) Tatooine 9-B

BUGS
Fixed a bug that prevented the Target Lock bonus of First Order TIE Fighter's Strafe ability from triggering if the target is defeated by the attack
Cassian Andor: Will now prioritize "Shock Grenade" over other abilities when under AI control
Fixed a bug that caused the AAT's turret to deal massive damage to Boba Fett even when he has the Bounty Hunter's Resolve buff.

WHAT’S AHEAD
0d2ukwuihyiu.png
A disturbance echoes through the galaxy. Residing in shadow and hungry for power…

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89004/game-update-1-25-2017
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    Who's it gonna be? Gonna be an empire. Maybe Deathtrooper?
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    My guess is either Krennic or Deathtrooper to accompany the event. Similar to what they did with Scarif Rebel Pathfinder and Bistan.
  • Options
    I think it will be a character from Star Wars :)
  • Options
    What about kylo ren along with the FO rework, just in the same way as with Finn and resistance?
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    It is going to be barris, since they just reworked her.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    Highly unlikely that a kylo re-work is in the works yet. It most likely won't come until lead-up to EP 8.
  • Options

WRONG!! As stated in the updated events thread written by the admins. The new event will contain both KRENNIC and DEATHTROOPER shards and other rewards.

Toon of the month will be someone either decent or just meh
  • Options
    Shoretrooper.
  • Options
    Stormtrooper!
  • Options
    CUP!!!!!!
  • Options
    Would be cool if they did ship blueprints instead some months and did vaders tie advanced for February
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »

WRONG!! As stated in the updated events thread written by the admins. The new event will contain both KRENNIC and DEATHTROOPER shards and other rewards.

@Iron_Zilla WRONG!! During the Bistan event BISTAN WAS THE LOGIN CHARACTER!!

• Options
    gannnon22 wrote: »
    Would be cool if they did ship blueprints instead some months and did vaders tie advanced for February

+10000
  • Options

IDK - most of us schmucks got 20 blue prints each from the events -- so unless we're getting 40 more pieces through the month it'll be worthless.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

IDK - most of us schmucks got 20 blue prints each from the events -- so unless we're getting 40 more pieces through the month it'll be worthless.

I would think a bunch of us are sitting in the 40-60 range with TA blueprints. I'm sitting at 65 currently. Plus the next time the tourney drops it would almost secure everyone unlocking it.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I would think a bunch of us are sitting in the 40-60 range with TA blueprints. I'm sitting at 65 currently. Plus the next time the tourney drops it would almost secure everyone unlocking it.

Maybe the people on this board who are more active. You saw the % of spots verse how many blue prints dropped.

It's not a debate that 90% of the player base fell into the 10-20 shard range. That's straight statistics.

If I get 30 shards (as it has been going for monthlies) of a ship - it's going to be a waste of a month as 90% of players sit at 70/80 shards.

I'd much rather a toon if it's going to be 30 shards of X - even if I have them I can get stuff form the shard shop.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

Maybe the people on this board who are more active. You saw the % of spots verse how many blue prints dropped.

It's not a debate that 90% of the player base fell into the 10-20 shard range. That's straight statistics.

If I get 30 shards (as it has been going for monthlies) of a ship - it's going to be a waste of a month as 90% of players sit at 70/80 shards.

I'd much rather a toon if it's going to be 30 shards of X - even if I have them I can get stuff form the shard shop.

True.

• Options
    Though, I'd counter myself..... if enough people are sitting at 70/80 shards maybe some of them buy crystals hoping to get the last 10 shards from a ship pack... which is a win for CG
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I hope its Jar Jar
  • Options

Maybe they could also do something like the have done for bistan and shorestrooper and also do a daily event set it up so that everyone gets 80 blueprints if they play everyday or something even if it means giving out more during the daily login or more during the daily mission.
  • Options

That reply made me lol
    In a good way I mean, I agree with you :P
  • Options
    Lol thanks!!
  • Options
    Best guess is Empire by dev post. Now this could go a couple of different ways. Boba and Finn both reworked characters as logins. Will that trend continue (reworked stormtrooper) but could totally face palm and a be a veers or snowtrooper lol
    Deathtrooper and krennic are good bets too. Probably see some synergy like RO Rebels.
  • Options
    Best guess is Empire by dev post. Now this could go a couple of different ways. Boba and Finn both reworked characters as logins. Will that trend continue (reworked stormtrooper) but could totally face palm and a be a veers or snowtrooper lol
    Deathtrooper and krennic are good bets too. Probably see some synergy like RO Rebels.

That's a really good theory!!
  • Options

So he can't be in both? Saying he will be in an event does not mean he can't be in the log in as well
  • Options
    Also, Krennic or Deathtrooper could easily be released with a ship -- and that could be in the daily with a 30 shard unlock.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    All these caps, why are people so angry? We might be surprised, maybe we'll be getting V-Wing pilot.
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

That reply made me lol
    In a good way I mean, I agree with you :P

@Gamorrean Made me chuckle lol
  • Options
    Zilla Beast raid - coming in August.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Why can't we have gear of the month? We need cuffs n guns more than new characters :)

Ps. I know the answer.. But maybe EA will listen
This discussion has been closed.