(non)definitive poe counter

Prev134
reizse
1447 posts Member
edited February 2016
alright guys n gals...been using this team for 2 weeks now. i can take #1 from a p2p poe team if i'm active during rush hour. i am usually driving home, so i have to finish my arena fights 10 minutes before payout, which spells disaster most of the time for me. in this particular instance, poe went first before i could attempt to stun anyone, so a bit of luck was involved in that no one died on my team. in the coinflip where i win and dooku moves first, i have a much higher chance of winning. anyhow, without further ado, i'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

5QCa0LQ.jpgaDg7FPE.jpgJnb5Ufj.jpg

look at the massive hp bars on those suckers! you can surely bet they are at least 6*-7*. this guy usually shares rank 1 with @Rogan_Ban84 and @ZoloRunningstrider and some other dude that i can't recall (but he's heavily p2p with a 7* qgj lead with the usual poe crew). again, it's not a 100% guaranteed win, but i'm able to survive the first round most times and about 50% of the time, i pull out a 4v5 win. otherwise, i'm wiped out in 40 seconds or less. just my anecdotal experience and totally and completely biased view

(oh and the best part is this team is 100% farmable, kthx)
mighty chlorians
Post edited by reizse on

Replies

• Options
    Hey, hey, hey. Congrats on numero uno and doing it without poe in a poe infested top 5 that is our server.
  • Options
    best Poe counter is Dat AI
  • Options
    shampoo wrote: »

Man....give credit when it's due...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i gotta say for the record though, @Rogan_Ban84 your team just crushes my team like a styrofoam cup on some attempts when i try to fight you for rank 1. you and @ZoloRunningstrider occupy the top spot way more often than i do. i just have so much fun with my team and that to me, is worth more than crying (unproductive) about poe than trying to find a way to counter (productive) him.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Great FO team
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

yet, when you look at it, does it really matter? the ai most certainly would have offed my han if he were 6*, but that little bit of hp gained from 7* really turned the tide for me. without him, i would have lost. i would say my team is almost synergized properly. the difficulty comes in trying to fit in another FO character (i have a max geared, almost 7* kylo and a fotp in the making...hard mode farming). once dooku and foo both hit 7*, i expect my win rate to increase a little bit more. once the cap is lifted to 80, even if poe isn't nerfed, this team should be even better able to counter as dooku will be the ONLY character to hit turn 6 and foo will hit turn 7, which is a tie with poe, giving me more options to dismantle the opposing team.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    This team comp is contingent on whether Han survives Round 1 or not. If he does, you have a good chance of winning. If he gets one shot-killed before he taunts, then it's game over...
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    alright guys n gals...been using this team for 2 weeks now. i can take #1 from a p2p poe team if i'm active during rush hour. i am usually driving home, so i have to finish my arena fights 10 minutes before payout, which spells disaster most of the time for me. in this particular instance, poe went first before i could attempt to stun anyone, so a bit of luck was involved in that no one died on my team. in the coinflip where i win and dooku moves first, i have a much higher chance of winning. anyhow, without further ado, i'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

5QCa0LQ.jpgaDg7FPE.jpgJnb5Ufj.jpg

look at the massive hp bars on those suckers! you can surely bet they are at least 6*-7*. this guy usually shares rank 1 with @Rogan_Ban84 and @ZoloRunningstrider and some other dude that i can't recall (but he's heavily p2p with a 7* qgj lead with the usual poe crew). again, it's not a 100% guaranteed win, but i'm able to survive the first round most times and about 50% of the time, i pull out a 4v5 win. otherwise, i'm wiped out in 40 seconds or less. just my anecdotal experience and totally and completely biased view

(oh and the best part is this team is 100% farmable, kthx)

So youre team isn't even all 7*? The potential.
  • Options
    You've shown that it's quite easily possible to do, judging by the amount of your health vs opponent.
    I wanna say hopefully this will shut the noobs down but I don't have my hopes up.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    This team comp is contingent on whether Han survives Round 1 or not. If he does, you have a good chance of winning. If he gets one shot-killed before he taunts, then it's game over...

yes, exactly right, which is why i run lumi. it's still a coin toss, but it's not a mirror matched coin toss. i agree with anyone who says that if i ran a poe (instead of han) to counter poe, my chances of winning increase, even if i don't win first turn taunt. that's undeniably true.
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    You've shown that it's quite easily possible to do, judging by the amount of your health vs opponent.
    I wanna say hopefully this will shut the noobs down but I don't have my hopes up.

i personally do not care if poe gets nerfed or not. it won't affect my enjoyment of this game. i just know that when the cap gets lifted to 80, my team will have more of an advantage and i'll be in a better position to win against poe, nerfed or not. :smile:
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

i personally do not care if poe gets nerfed or not. it won't affect my enjoyment of this game. i just know that when the cap gets lifted to 80, my team will have more of an advantage and i'll be in a better position to win against poe, nerfed or not. :smile:

Model citizen.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The first "definitive Poe counter" post was clearly a troll.

This one shows how easy a Poe team can be beaten with another tank with taunt.

The next one will show how a poe team can be beaten with no taunt.
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »

Eh... "easy" is probably an overstatement. If the A.I somehow targets and kills Han before he taunts, then the match is over in less than a minute. Trust me, I know what I am saying (and reizse concurred in his response).

But yes, this team comp does give some fighting chance of countering a Poe-led, dps team.
  • Options
    If that opponent would swap out Leia (now that her bug is fixed she's less OP) and put in a 7* poggle... You'd be dead.
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Yes, I think so too. Whenever I face a Han team, I learned that I have to kill him asap, or silence him with a Lumi blast so he won't taunt. Else it's a gamble for round 2 :) Han is neat for this.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I'll look into Han and FOO. :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    If that opponent would swap out Leia (now that her bug is fixed she's less OP) and put in a 7* poggle... You'd be dead.

that's definitely a possibility. i think against poggle, i would lose han + 1, but still have enough turns to win in the end. han doesn't do the most damage on my team, so his dmg isn't what i'm counting on. if this particular player started subbing in poggle, i would lose a couple of days until i figured kylo is a better fit than lumi. once under 50% hp, it's a guaranteed kill for me. then it's up to rng on how the crits and assists proc.

the only other teams that come close to being as threatening are the poggle, poe + droid teams. the nice part is that those teams are also 100% farmable and just as deadly imo. i struggle quite a bit in arena since i don't refresh for extra attempts
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    @reizse great job and thanks for sharing with everyone.

Han is definitely a beast. If only his speed was slightly closer to Poe.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    +1 Big ups on a solid win. Way to strategize and get past the "poe problem".
  • Options
    Nice job! What was your kill order?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Nice job! What was your kill order?

poe, rey, fotp, qgj, leia
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Leia just isn't op anymore since she was fixed is all this shows. Replace leia with phasma leader, or old ben, or dooku, or so many other options, and you are getting wiped in the first turn. The whole point of Poe is to get more attacks then your opponent can handle before their turn, and leia using stealth first move is just a waste
  • Options

yet, when you look at it, does it really matter? the ai most certainly would have offed my han if he were 6*, but that little bit of hp gained from 7* really turned the tide for me. without him, i would have lost. i would say my team is almost synergized properly. the difficulty comes in trying to fit in another FO character (i have a max geared, almost 7* kylo and a fotp in the making...hard mode farming). once dooku and foo both hit 7*, i expect my win rate to increase a little bit more. once the cap is lifted to 80, even if poe isn't nerfed, this team should be even better able to counter as dooku will be the ONLY character to hit turn 6 and foo will hit turn 7, which is a tie with poe, giving me more options to dismantle the opposing team.

LOL.....

At 80 their QGJ will allow ALL allies thebspeed boost, and they will have all chars at 6 or 7. And they Poe will always, every time go before your 7 turn folks.

• Options

LOL.....

At 80 their QGJ will allow ALL allies thebspeed boost, and they will have all chars at 6 or 7. And they Poe will always, every time go before your 7 turn folks.

First turn speed bonuses don't work and there are no plans to change that.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

LOL.....

First turn speed bonuses don't work and there are no plans to change that.

Wow I didn't know that. Makes Asajj leader skill amazingly useless and QGJ lead as well.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Happy to see that. I've always said that Han is awesomesauce, better skills than Poe. It's the 143 speed what makes Poe the go-to choice
  • Options
    So this was a 10% chance of you actually winning?
    Ofcourse I beat up the same teams every now and then, if Leia was swapped for GS you would have been dead anyway.

But yeah it is beatable, only very low chance every time again.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Anyways, I'm happy people try different ways. I'd like to do it too, but the game is a slow grind, it's difficult to try different teams unless you are a whale. If I decide now I want to try, say, Teebo, I would not have him ready until 3-4 weeks. By then, meta could have changed. And even if not, if Teebo happens not to work, I'd had wasted 3-4 weeks, several million credits, ability mats and GW tokens in a useless toon. This doesn't help to find solutions against mainstream easy to farm teams and toons like Poe, Kylo, Geo, etc. I tries an unorthodox droid hybrid build with Luminara, without Poe and Poggle, and it worked well vs aoe teams with Sid and Kylo, but it's useless vs Poe fast dps. And now I have a setback, I'd be better if I had gone maibstream with the Po-Poe combo
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »

Exactly.
    Seriously, time already for people to get over the Poe syndrome.