Bounty Hunters a viable squad?

Prev1
Hey.

So its finally dawned on me that my Droid team is going to cut it anymore and I'm going to start farming a new squad. Initially my first squad was gonna be Droids and my second squad would be rebels but I'm already bored of Rebels because they're so played out imo. Plus I've farmed them enough to be competitive in GW and that's good enough for me.

But now brings on the question. Who would I replace my droids with? Looking at my roster the only viable option would be Bounty Hunters unless I wanna start afresh. I have Boba and IG-88 7* already. I have Greedo & Dengar at 2*, Zam about half way from being unlocked and Cad Bane is an easy farm.

But are they viable? Can Bounty Hunters do consistently well in Arena? I'm in a fairly new shard so you only see Chaze in the top 5-6 so every other spot is up for grabs. I was considering an Empire/Sith build but I don't even have Palpatine.

Replies

• Options
    Maybe I can help you. I think they are very viable, I am a early shard and stay in the top 100 with bounty hunters. The trick is to let boba lead and get everyone's potency as high as possible. I also have speed on both boba and Zam. I use Boba lead, zam, Greedo, Cad, and Dengar. Combined they have over 400% potency so that's 200% extra health. For this you need all potency mods and the primary potency stat for the bottom right mod.
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters are good, but they aren't meta. The problem with running anything other than the generic meta squad is that you get targeted a lot. I've tried it before. Even if you can win relatively easily on offense, people automatically assume that a non-meta squad is easier to beat than the meta squad (otherwise it would be the meta squad). So, although you may win on offense, your rank will drop like a rock because your entire shard is challenging you. A Bounty Hunter team will win on offense, but you'll get targeted a ton on defense.
  • Options
    If I am 50 after my five 5 offensive turns, I usually fall to about 85-90 until I fight again the next day. I find that ok, I don't mind fighting back up the ranks. So yes they do suffer on defense, they are so much fun. I don't chase meta and they are fun and effective.
  • Options
    The best bounty hunter teams in videos that I've seen (top ten team) are all Boba L, greedo, zam, 88, b2
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Dando99 wrote: »
    Maybe I can help you. I think they are very viable, I am a early shard and stay in the top 100 with bounty hunters. The trick is to let boba lead and get everyone's potency as high as possible. I also have speed on both boba and Zam. I use Boba lead, zam, Greedo, Cad, and Dengar. Combined they have over 400% potency so that's 200% extra health. For this you need all potency mods and the primary potency stat for the bottom right mod.

That's an interesting build. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters are good, but they aren't meta. The problem with running anything other than the generic meta squad is that you get targeted a lot. I've tried it before. Even if you can win relatively easily on offense, people automatically assume that a non-meta squad is easier to beat than the meta squad (otherwise it would be the meta squad). So, although you may win on offense, your rank will drop like a rock because your entire shard is challenging you. A Bounty Hunter team will win on offense, but you'll get targeted a ton on defense.

VERY true. Running my Droids I can go from 5 to 30 REAL quick in Arena so I'm already used to it lol.
  • Options
    Dando99 wrote: »
    If I am 50 after my five 5 offensive turns, I usually fall to about 85-90 until I fight again the next day. I find that ok, I don't mind fighting back up the ranks. So yes they do suffer on defense, they are so much fun. I don't chase meta and they are fun and effective.

Sounds about right. I don't mind the challenge myself as some days I spend an extra 50 crystals to claw myself even higher so the drop isn't THAT steep. Thanks for the insight though =)
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    The best bounty hunter teams in videos that I've seen (top ten team) are all Boba L, greedo, zam, 88, b2

Interesting. Greedo over Dengar? Wonder why that would be.
  • Options
    JayNyxx wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »

Interesting. Greedo over Dengar? Wonder why that would be.

Detonators.
  • Options
    To run a Bounty Hunter squad, you'll need three toons at the core - Boba Fett, Greedo and Zam. The other two slots are open for experimentation.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    Yeah - very viable IMO. Potency along with thermals and you'll have a heavy health pool and speed. Plus, with Boba's BHR, you basically get a 6 man team right off the bat. Max out his ability and he gets 100% protection after he revives - he's awesome.
  • Options
    RebelBass wrote: »
    To run a Bounty Hunter squad, you'll need three toons at the core - Boba Fett, Greedo and Zam. The other two slots are open for experimentation.

Interesting. If that's the case I might run Boba, Greedo, Zam, 88 and B2 or Boba, Greedo, Zam, 88 and Shore (if I ever get him)
  • Options
    you cant use a viable 5 bounty hunter atm...... you need an hybride squad

Boba, zam, dengar, ig88 and a tank like ( StHan, SF, Shore, Kenobi, Baze ) one of this tank or this team wont be good at all and the auto taunt are better (Baze, Shore)

your 4 bounty hunter moded will have a minimum of 216 potency. So all your bounty hunter will get 108% more health! So your bounty hunter will have around 30K health minimum

your fastes character should be Zam to attack first and put detonator on every one! 230 speed minimum

• JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    you cant use a viable 5 bounty hunter atm...... you need an hybride squad

Boba, zam, dengar, ig88 and a tank like ( StHan, SF, Shore, Kenobi, Baze ) one of this tank or this team wont be good at all and the auto taunt are better (Baze, Shore)

your 4 bounty hunter moded will have a minimum of 216 potency. So all your bounty hunter will get 108% more health! So your bounty hunter will have around 30K health minimum

your fastes character should be Zam to attack first and put detonator on every one! 230 speed minimum

Yeah I mentioned that in the last comment I wrote. I was considering using Baze/Shore or B2 as a fifth. But I see you've haven't included Greedo in your squad and have replaced him with Dengar. I'm getting mixed messages xD

Some people say Greedo is a staple and others don't even put him in the squad lol
  • Options
    Greedo doesn't get the credit he deserves. He needs to be on a full BH team, if you put him in anything else, he flounders.

Just look at all the different bounty hunters and you'll quickly see how they gain their unique benefits. It's all about potency and thermals (for the most part).
  • Options
    I'm top 5 in my relatively young shard, but competing with a couple chazes and one GK. Been toying with a bounty hunter squad for awhile, and been arena testing for a week or so.

I'm running a 256 speed Boba g11, with g10 Zam, g9 Greedo. I've been switching in others for the final two and have found B2 and Raid Han good supplements. Don't have an Ig88, but would likely sub him in for Han if I did. With this team I've been able to beat the GK and Chaze teams, which is pretty fun. Defensively I drop back to 10-15 range, but bounty hunters show promise. Important to keep cleansers AB'ed with Boba, and debuffs on as many as possible for added speed boost from leader power. BOMBS BOMBS BOMBS.

Remember also that Bossk is suspected sometime in the near future, possibly as part of EA's "focus on the dark side". Zam has an open spot for a possible zeta on her unique ability as well.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Look for the video at youtube of an user @RJ__Brando, his full bounty hunter squad performs very well. Plus he gets #1 at arena defeating any meta toons.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Look for the video at youtube of an user @RJ__Brando, his full bounty hunter squad performs very well. Plus he gets #1 at arena defeating any meta toons.

My latest team:

ExOwEX5.jpg
  • Options
    @RJ__Brando

Anyway you could post your Zam/Greedo mod sets?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kivoku wrote: »
    @RJ__Brando

Anyway you could post your Zam/Greedo mod sets?

https://swgoh.gg/u/brando/

Take a tour
    I just geared Kenobi today, moved Baze's set to him.
  • Options
    @RJ__Brando
    That Zam looks amazing... Hits hard but doesn't sacrifice speed. Your Boba ever get outsped?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    @RJ__Brando
    That Zam looks amazing... Hits hard but doesn't sacrifice speed. Your Boba ever get outsped?

Yes, but not too often.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    PpvPGui.jpg
  • Options
    I run Boba lead, Dengar, 88, Greedo and Cad. It's top 10 or higher offensively. I can fall to 15-20 on defense though.
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    PpvPGui.jpg

I just peed. Everywhere.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    PpvPGui.jpg

I just peed. Everywhere.

Believe me....i was laughing pretty hard after that
  • Options
    PpvPGui.jpg

I just peed. Everywhere.

It appears you'be moved away from Bounty Hunters now. Any particular reason?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    The team is very viable, but it all depends on your mods unfortunately.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    PpvPGui.jpg

I just peed. Everywhere.

I used them for a couple months...wanted to move on tbh.
  • Options
    PpvPGui.jpg

I just peed. Everywhere.

I used them for a couple months...wanted to move on tbh.

I haven't used my bh in awhile.

I don't have kenobi to go with my bh :(