Poggle the Lesser OP and done broke the game!

Replies

• Options
    Lots of good points here. I see what is being mentioned about game mechanics being busted. Thanks for the suggestions.

I think that i am a little naive about forum etiquette when it comes to talking about op and nerf.

Thanks,

Trentazoid
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    Is he that good tho? I don't even run him in my droid squad, my 88 can already one shot with a critical. He is loss of an attack imo, yeah he makes the other 4 stronger, but he himself is crap. Is he that fast also? Stun with OD or dooku who are very fast, turn back his meter with poe then kill him before he has a chance to boost, ability block him with the tons of chars who can do that, so many routes to stop him.

Yes. He is that good.
  • Options
    Use Ventress to remove offense up. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Trentazoid wrote: »
    Was you always such a mean little troll?

Yes
    Yes
  • Options
    I think some of the leaders out there limit the choices somewhat. Try finishing off a combo of Phasma (leader) and a high level Dooku. The math seems more an indication than a fact. Raging on Phasma atm - amazing how 14-18% can play out as 30-50% while an 85% force blast seems successful 14-18% of the time. Sometimes you fight a Po Dameron in galactic war who is 10 levels lower yet his debuff hits all 5 of your ppl while you can't land one healing immunity the whole fight. Or Sidious is supposed to have high evade on Jedi yet they tune him up like a pinata while the enemy's Unduli's evade seems 80-100% effective against him. Reversed everything seems to work the way the game says it will - you can't hit an opponents Sidious with a jedi at all.

I suspect they tilt the numbers for PVP to make up for the fact that the AI can't strategize like a person does.

This is correct since I have access to the super secret game code and it shows your name on a list of AI proc chances. They deliberately raise or lower procrates for players on this special list. Not much you can do but I heared someone say that if you stop the "AI is cheating" replies for a week, the special code will be lifted from your account.
    Pro tip, you're welcome.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hahaha, i too made a list of poggle owners back in the day! Funny, That's when I learned I had to immediately farm him. Assaj Ventress has a field day on him though. Poggles great for GW but can become dead weight in the arena quite easily
  • Options
    ichotolot wrote: »

Haha, by the time Ventress enters the battlefield all the others already left for lunch.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073

Ohw so Ventress should move before Poggle and all the other buff givers? Any logic in that thoughtprocess of yours?
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Haha, by the time Ventress enters the battlefield all the others already left for lunch.

Exactly. Here is the complete record of the battle I had in the arena two days ago against a Poggle owner. He also had Poe, but this is about Poggle! Oh...and I had him beat by nearly 3,000 squad rating. Mine was 27,000 something. His was 24,000 something.

1. His Sidious leader went first. AE with crit.
    2. My Sidious leader went second with a focused attack on Poe. No crit.
    3. His Poe went and AE taunted. He landed exposed on every toon in my squad.
    4. His Poggle went and group buffed.
    5. His IG-88 went and AE'ed my squad. Every hit critted.
    6. I laughed hystericly. It was just funny.

This ends the record of my arena battle.

Not even my Kylo and Phasma were left standing. They are 7* with max gear, level 70. I am pretty sure a max Ventress has a couple thousand fewer hitpoints.

Applying an adjustment to a single toon isn't going to fix that.

Krey
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow, you do not get sarcasm at all, do you? :|

EDIT: I just got ninja'ed and this was clearly directed towards @CronozNL
    Post edited by Sticare_Courts_0073 on
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073
    Yes I do as stated in my previous reply. Only difference is my sarcasm isn't as subtle as yours. If you call that sarcasm in the first place, because I still can't see it. You are serious about Asajj as far as I can read. Otherwise go check www.youtube.com/user/marcc85 for some Asajj vids. She is very useful most of the times.
  • Options
    Poggle is not OP..........Poggle is down with OPP!!!!
  • Options
    Night sisters can width stand that assault!
  • Options
    These nerf threads needs to stop. Players have to get better, can't just nerf the enemy every time you lose. Even if you lose 100 times just make poggle or find a better answer.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    These nerf threads needs to stop.

No, they don't. They need to continue until the overpowered characters and the ridiculous one-shotting / "you don't get a turn sorry" fights stop happening.
    Poggle himself may not be overpowered but overall these Poe/Poggle/DPS teams are completely out of control and need to be fixed. "Derp, make it yourself" is basically admitting that there's a problem, and is not a solution.
    If you don't like a thread, don't read it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow, you do not get sarcasm at all, do you? :|

I was agreeing with you (notice I started off by saying exactly) and explaining to others who may not know about Ventress' stats lest someone come back and question about whether Ventress would have survived where all my guys died. I was giving an example to go along with your comment. As the slowest toon in the game, Ventress isn't going to do squat.

I completely got the sarcasm.

Krey

P.S. It occurs to me that you might be talking to someone else. If so, I apologize.
  • Options
    The games fine the way it is
  • Options
    @CronozNL okay, we're good mate. (honest here, haha) :)
    As I see it, my comment was playfully sarcastic/joking as opposed to your more cynic tone. Of course those kind of language things are very much open for interpretation. (especially on forums)

Btw, nice YouTube advertising. :tongue:
  • Options
    Wow thanks for the kind words.... what gives, calling me out and all, weak (nurf)... narrow minded? Didn't I ask if anyone had any ideas about how to counter... didn't I mention that i didn't think it was fair to mess with players that had farmed him (thinking of others)?

And no i didn't know that he could do it also, but thanks for the info... wow.

ReznorX wrote: »
    You do realize that QGJ can do the same thing, do it quicker, and remove a Taunt at the same time...

These nerf posts are narrow-minded. This or that character does not need reworked. The system of health to damage ratios - as a whole - needs reworked. Balance damage output first, then rework health across the board to be online with new damage. Finally, adjust healing to be proportional to new health.
    ReznorX wrote: »
    You do realize that QGJ can do the same thing, do it quicker, and remove a Taunt at the same time...

These nerf posts are narrow-minded. This or that character does not need reworked. The system of health to damage ratios - as a whole - needs reworked. Balance damage output first, then rework health across the board to be online with new damage. Finally, adjust healing to be proportional to new health.

Wow thanks for the kind words.... what gives, calling me out and all, weak (nurf)... narrow minded? Didn't I ask if anyone had any ideas about how to counter... didn't I mention that i didn't think it was fair to mess with players that had farmed him (thinking of others)?

And no i didn't know that he could do it also, but thanks for the info... wow.

KoolKent wrote: »
    Hahaha, i too made a list of poggle owners back in the day! Funny, That's when I learned I had to immediately farm him. Assaj Ventress has a field day on him though. Poggles great for GW but can become dead weight in the arena quite easily

I don't think your Asajj would ever get a turn vs mist high end teams in Pv(AI)P

• Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

I have all 7 star toons geared to the max and skills at max. Running Sid Lum JC CP and OD.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

Poggle is not OP. your team is Underpowered (UP)
    xJazzx wrote: »

I have all 7 star toons geared to the max and skills at max. Running Sid Lum JC CP and OD.

Thanks,
    Trentazoid

Poggle is not OP. your team is Underpowered (UP)

I don't say Poggle is OP but I can't agree with your post also. How can his team be underpowered when all are 7* and fully geared? His team composition isn't bad either. Maybe swap JC for somebody else? (good tank with taunt or speedy DPS maybe?)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That's very true @Sticare_Courts_0073, that's why I overemphasize my sarcasm and sometimes I write /end sarcasm. :D
    I'm not a streamer or anything but Asajj can withstand a nuke (especially at 7*).
    Overall I agree with you guys about the Poe, speed, high dmg meta being meh. I'm losing 4 out of 5 usually vs that type of setups.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    No, they don't. They need to continue until the overpowered characters and the ridiculous one-shotting / "you don't get a turn sorry" fights stop happening.
    Poggle himself may not be overpowered but overall these Poe/Poggle/DPS teams are completely out of control and need to be fixed. "Derp, make it yourself" is basically admitting that there's a problem, and is not a solution.

Besides yourself, I have heard this complaint come from many players who I would consider knowledgeable players who have epic teams. They similarly warned EA immediately that this issue would occur and it did so there is validity to what you say Qeltar. In my opinion, if tanks had a greater role in the game, this may balance some of these issues because right now, Poe is one of the few useful tanks a player can turn to and they are doing so. If EA could either lower damage across the board or similarly, increase armor and defense, this may be the proper solution, rather than nerf just one character, creating another Bariss scenario.

Please note that I don't have the perfect solution to this, all I'm doing is merely stating what I've heard from many others.....
  • Options
    To the OP: your line-up consists of healers and a single debuffer (I'm assuming CP is Coruscent Underworld Police); basically, it's a "troll group" that attempts to sustain heals for the duration of time in arena. These units lack in the maximum health department, and while they can dish out decent DPS, they lack speed for first-turn action in the meta. An offense up buff (particularly party-wide) is pretty much intended to counter or out-damage heal capabilities... Basically, the people on your server have figured out how to counter your group.

Poggle certainly isn't OP. He's 1st-turn rated for speed, and he packs a 2-3 round party-wide offense up buff (and speed up for droids), but even with his buff active, he doesn't dish out much damage and his ability block debuff will always be inconsistent. Nor does he pack a mountain of health, so... Poggle is really only as good as the units he's grouped with.

Try bringing a well-developed Ventress.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    In my opinion, if tanks had a greater role in the game, this may balance some of these issues because right now, Poe is one of the few useful tanks a player can turn to and they are doing so. If EA could either lower damage across the board or similarly, increase armor and defense, this may be the proper solution, rather than nerf just one character, creating another Bariss scenario.
    Well, as you know, I and many others have been calling for increases to armor, defense and HP relative to damage for many weeks. We'll soon find out if CG was listening.
    Defense is a joke right now. "Offense up" can mean an attack doing 3,000 extra damage, while "Defense up" means an attack doing what, 50 or 100 less? It's ludicrous. And the dev on reddit said they know and don't plan to change it, which is realy depressing.
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    Try bringing a well-developed Ventress.

Anyone who says this hasn't tried it. I did this twice last night against a Poe/Poggle/droid team as a test. Both times she was dead before she got a turn.
    Damage and speed manipulation are both out of control.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Besides yourself, I have heard this complaint come from many players who I would consider knowledgeable players who have epic teams. They similarly warned EA immediately that this issue would occur and it did so there is validity to what you say Qeltar. In my opinion, if tanks had a greater role in the game, this may balance some of these issues because right now, Poe is one of the few useful tanks a player can turn to and they are doing so. If EA could either lower damage across the board or similarly, increase armor and defense, this may be the proper solution, rather than nerf just one character, creating another Bariss scenario.

Please note that I don't have the perfect solution to this, all I'm doing is merely stating what I've heard from many others.....

Yeah but from exonomics we know lowering salaries is not essy tona depression/recession is usually very bad...humans don't like it. Where as small inflation is good. You can adjust an economy by building 3% inflation and this corrects inbalances. But lowering salaries 3% gets you populists in charge. Here it's no different...

CG can improve every char HP and that's a general buff. Lowering damage will get the forum flooded eith outcry and acid fumes - not to mention that the people at Apple and Play stores will suddenly become uber busy.

If they nerf any char in key areas...same but only for the owners. But nobody can say much if they are just buffing or gradually balancing.

• Options

I have a nightsister team with her as a leader, so nope.
  • Options
    Every other week peopleft cry for a different hero to be nerfed...just stop.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options

Actually, yes. Leader speed does not work on the first turn, so Poe will still go first turn, drop your turn meter, Poggle will go, and then every other toon in your opponent's squad will go before you and your entire squad will be dead before a single nightsister even gets a turn. At least, that is what a high end Poggle/Poe team will do.

Krey
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Every other week peopleft cry for a different hero to be nerfed...just stop.

I agree with this. It is not about a single character being adjusted. The entire balance of the game needs adjusting, and trying to blame it on any single toon is naive.

Krey
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »

Actually, yes. Leader speed does not work on the first turn, so Poe will still go first turn, drop your turn meter, Poggle will go, and then every other toon in your opponent's squad will go before you and your entire squad will be dead before a single nightsister even gets a turn. At least, that is what a high end Poggle/Poe team will do.

Krey

The topic of this thread is Poggle,right? Not Poe or Ig-88.