Listening

Ok so CG/EA especially Jesse and John get a lot of grief(for lack of better terms) They don't listen, they don't care, they don't communicate, they make bad changes, ect.

I want to point out that they are listening to us.

Point 1. Uproar about the GW shipment change. They revert it back a week to help, enough or not they did.

Point 2. Uproar on the retreat change. They explained their logic, agree or not.

Point 3. Going way back the Barrissgate ordeal. They listened and gave out some of the sought after crystals, enough ot not they did.

Point 4. We say they do not communicate. We are in uproar. They are communicating a lot more as of late. Giving you what they want or not, they are.

Point 5. This is perhaps the biggest point to (they are listening) No uproar I have no creds posts. Just a lot of various topics that have I would but I lack creds. I need more creds. Not enough creds for this, ect. What they do is offer a Red Data card that awards a various amount of credits to us, for no ally point, no token, no achievement, just flat out "here you go" Is it enough to 7* someone, not unless you are lucky. Does it help in training and upgrading, yes. Think of this Tier 5 Cred challenge is 93.3k You can get more than that each pop. The point here is they listen.

Added point. This cred change was made when there was no NEGATIVITY. Just us posting about things and mentioning a road block. Not these complain and attack posts about lack of creds. Lesson here is they are listening to us here and they make changes to help us out wi9thout being attacked. THAT IS WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT. Feedback to them in polite ways and they will help. Look how fast this came to be? Much of the lack of credit talk chirped up here after many started their trek to 70 from 60.

So thank you Jesse, John, and the EA/CG team for seeing this bump we are hitting and adding in something to help. Definitely good faith and good for business.

Replies

• Options
    FANBOI!! :D

(Kidding).. You are spot on, the communication has been great, especially for a mobile game that is new. I, for one, am just blown away they are releasing the patch notes *before* the patch.

70dmow.jpg
  • Options
    You think a temporary one-time giveaway of 75K credits was done as a response to people lacking credits. To be frank that paints the developers in a very poor light.
  • Options
    Findec wrote: »
    You think a temporary one-time giveaway of 75K credits was done as a response to people lacking credits. To be frank that paints the developers in a very poor light.

they are giving a red card daily until the 12th.
  • Options
    Well said, OP.

I think the common theme here is how much proactive communication matters, and that a lot of these "uproars" don't happen when you're super transparent about the roadmap of the game.

I think the Devs do finally understand how much communication matters, especially with the patch notes being released later today.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Constructive feedback brings changes.

Look at all that's happened recently.

QGJ made available in cantina.

Next content update preview.

Reverting back changes from patch.

11 Pages update notes.

Free red data cards.

+More to come.

Thanks CG.
  • Options

Ok. It still isn't a solution to credit problems. 1 million is not a lot. Characters cost over 2 mill to get to max level and almost 2 mil to promote to seven star.

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the devs, I just don't think this was intended as a fix. It's a nice little giveaway not a attempt to address concerns. I think that OP is reading way to much into to the point of nonsense.
  • Options
    I have been lurking the forum since the game released, and their communication is pretty good. Hopefully the forum software will update in the near future in order to highlight dev/admin posts so people can see it more.
  • Options

Ok. It still isn't a solution to credit problems. 1 million is not a lot. Characters cost over 2 mill to get to max level and almost 2 mil to promote to seven star.

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the devs, I just don't think this was intended as a fix. It's a nice little giveaway not a attempt to address concerns. I think that OP is reading way to much into to the point of nonsense.

My point was they are listening and made an attempt to help help, not a solution. Nowhere do I say a solution, I say gesture, I say acknowledgement of our concerns, I say good faith. I do not say solution to the lack of credit problem.

Please go troll elsewhere this is a positive post to acknowledge them listening and making a gesture, not one to take a nice gesture and say it is nothing.

People like you seem to expect them to just give you everything. What fun is a game without putting in the work? Waa a million is not a lot. It is 7* a toon amount. It is more than needed to 65-70 a toon. How much would make you happy? Should they just do away with creds to make it easier? I showed gratitude for a new thing they added that helps me out, and acknowledged them for this move that coincidentally comes when people are talking more than ever about lack of creds. Honestly there is too much of a spoiled brat attitude here where the world should be handed to you. Be grateful you got anything at all. If you can't, keep it to yourself we don't care to hear you knock a free gift. They could have done nothing, and ignored it, but no, they took some things said here and gave us a bonus. That is the point of the post mate. Again go troll elsewhere, or create your own thread of negativity. Honestly I'm sick of the negativity here so I made this post to breathe in some positive air on a cool bonus they gave. Even if I only get 25k a day that is still 250K for doing nothing. It is training a couple levels from 60-70 which helps when like me you had developed a bench of half dozen level 60 teams, so I'll take any creds I can get and be grateful when they cost me nothing.

Sorry to all for the rant and negative. I'm just tired of seeing gestures made, small or big, only to see people whine and cry that it was not enough. You are getting free credits for nothing. Say thank you, or shut your mouth. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Well said, DarthMaster! I'm excited to login daily and see how I make out with some free creds - got 50K today! I also feel like team EA/CG is listening and I'm looking forward to future updates.
  • Findec
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Please go troll elsewhere...
    ...not one to take a nice gesture and say it is nothing...
    ...People like you seem to expect them to just give you everything...
    ...Honestly there is too much of a spoiled brat attitude here where the world should be handed to you...
    ...Again go troll elsewhere... or create your own thread of negativity...
    ...Say thank you, or shut your mouth. Simple as that...
    ...only to see people whine and cry...
    Honestly I'm sick of the negativity here
    That was the most disproportionately negative comments I have seen on this forum.

I criticised your logic not your conclusions and you dismissed me as a entitled, You made this weird narrative where I am somehow demanding something also and I am also somehow a troll. You told me to shut up which is never a appropriate response to criticism.

Ironically it is exactly these kinds of strawman and ad hominem tactics that cause negativity on a forum like this.

To the actual subject at hand. Your premise that this was added to address credit issues just doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It is a clear reference to the red envelopes containing money (Link)given as gifts in china during special occasions. They did say this is a celebration of chinese new years afterall. I didn't point this out to belittle the gesture or to demand more as you suggest. I pointed it out because you are drawing conclusions from those premises about how CG responds to criticism. In doing so you are setting I believe false expectations on how quickly and readily CG will address concerns.

Personally I see that the lack of credits in game can be frustrating but I don't think it's a problem that needs to be fixed. It's just matter of time before you will be able to get those characters maxed.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My issue isn't how often they listen, it's how often they speak.

For example Jesse has a grand total of 224 replies. That's 1/4 of the amount of replies I've posted. Sure, most of mine are useless posts or arguing with someone, but I've probably got more useful posts than Jesse has posted.

Secondly, how often he posts is another example. In the past 33 days Jesse has posted 90 times. For a grand total of 2.73 posts per day. As someone who's full time job it is to communicate with players you'd think that he could manage more than two or three posts a day.

Lastly, the way that changes are communicated irks me. For example the 'temporary revert to GW shipment refresh costs' was buried 150 posts deep in the update thread. John wouldn't have made this an announcement if I hadn't of brought it up. Imagine if you're new to the forum and you want to find out this information, no one wants to read 150 posts of flaming EA to find that one useful post.

Changes like this should be an announcement. Firstly on the forum, but most importantly in game announcements should be made. Most if the player base doesn't use the forum, so changes need to be communicated in game as well.

Overall I have seen an improvement lately, I hope they don't take this as an insult, but instead constructive criticism.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @cosmicturtle333 - Thank you. Let's also not forget we went for a 10-day stretch at the end of last month where not one post was made here from anyone at CG.
    I'm not sure what the point of these threads is. Okay, they are posting a bit more and communicating with us. That's great, honestly, glad to see it. But my instinctive reaction is pretty much always the same: "do they want a cookie?"
    I work for a company that makes much of its revenue from a complex software product. Our customers don't call us up bowing and scraping when we communicate with them: it is expected. Only in gaming forums do I see constant obsequiousness (your word for the day, look it up) just because developers make a few posts.
    There are people here who have spent enough money on this game to buy a used car and fuel it for a year. The default should be good communication. It shouldn't be something we have to nag for and then act all grateful over when it happens.
    So, yes, I am glad they are communicating with us. No, I will not be carving any statues.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    My god one can't post a positive thread without it getting riddled in negativity. Random 4 letter word pathetic.
  • Options
    Closed.

Upon OP's request.

FashionFett.
This discussion has been closed.