Do you think the ability to see your enemy's team in Arena is good or bad?

Replies

• Options
    Good
    I like that you will be able to see the whole team, but I do see where it could become a problem. Perhaps the best solution would be to make it so you can't refresh your arena opponents. That way you can see all your opponents teams but you only have 3 to choose from so you can't fish around for weaker opponents if there are 3 Poe teams for example.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bad
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    1. It gives even more advantage to players over the poor A.I, resulting in little chance to defend rank
    2. Not knowing what to expect was half the fun and challenge
    3. Poe + dps teams will be avoided while others will be targeted brutally - expect to see more Poe + dps teams

This 100%. The two biggest complaints in arena are point 1 (poor AI making it impossible to "hold" spots) and point 3 (arena in high levels is all about that Poe, 'bout that Poe, no Jedi...)

Basically what was once a "Poe-holders" advantage has now actually been made worse. Teams with Poe will target teams without (why take the "coin flip" chance?) and teams without Poe will target OTHER teams without Poe. Poe now not only still grants his taunt and turn buffs, but now has the added bonus of being a deterrent from your team even being attacked.

Translation: If you don't have Poe, you may as well paint a giant bullseye on your arena team, because that's what the new system has done for you. Any game that realistically only has one strategy is not really a game. Sadly arena was made more of this.

I would guess 90% that voted "yes" either have Poe already on their top arena team or are close to getting him - or simply don't understand the dynamic yet.

The other problem here is that it actually encourage even MORE sniping of spots - which has been another complaint and weakness of arena. Now you even get to pick which team you can snipe based on whichever opponent is easier based on the makeup of your team.

As an aside, this was the only thing I didn't like about the update notes. Poe is still the BOSS in arena - and nothing they did changed that. In fact, the new tweaks only encourage EVERYONE to farm Poe to the max. Oh well, it wasn't perfect.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Good
    Accidentally voted Yes, meant to vote No.

I absolutely hate this. I don't have Poe, but I can beat some of the Poe teams with my 7* Phasma(L), 7* Lumi, 7* Sid, 7* Daka, and 5* Dooku. But these Poe teams will always beat me because of the AI. The only thing I had going for me was my high Team Rating and using Phasma to hide my team, hoping people would think I had the Poe + DPS team.

No I feel like I'll be singled out because I don't have Poe and will be attacked more than usual.
  • Options
    Good
    It's a move in the right direction to promote comp diversity, but need to implement an option for a defense team so that you have diverse attacking teams without leaving defense super vulnerable. A customized offense team is usually really bad for defense.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Bad
    A lot of f2p players will start dropping down the rank order because the big boys will have a bigger roster of maxed out heros giving them more the play with and be able to counter any f2p player with only 5 maxed heros.. This move is defiantly going to suit big spenders, to make it better if they insist of showing full teams they should at least hide the star ratings of the remaining 4 heros, this will still give the element of surprise and make it fair.
  • Options
    Bad
    It's a move in the right direction to promote comp diversity, but need to implement an option for a defense team so that you have diverse attacking teams without leaving defense super vulnerable. A customized offense team is usually really bad for defense.

Good intention, but perhaps poor execution.

Even if there were an option to set a defense team, do you think it would have much of a chance when CG gave even more edge to the offense? Let's also not kid ourselves that there is a true defense team which can withstand the current high speed, high damage meta. Right now, the best defense is a good offense plus Poe...
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bad
    Only weakling will vote good...hahaha....you guys are weak...
  • Options
    Bad
    I voted bad because I don't use Poe and was concealing my tanks/heal squad behind sidious. my 5s is like 18k health and my chewbacca 14k and they drop like flies to the Poe murder squads. If I remove myself from the equation it's probably good from the standpoint it makes the game have more back and forth counter play.
  • Options
    Bad
    I voted bad.

This has no effect on me as I'm at the top of my bracket and I pretty much already know who is running what team. But for people in the 50's and higher I see this being a huge issue. I also see a reason why CG did this.

Some players hold their rank because of people thinking they are stronger than they really are. " oh crap this person has Rey, poe, qgj. Don't fight this guy". Yet that Rey, poe, and qgj are only 4*-5* with lvl 6 gear. Now everyone will know how weak the team actually is and will fight it.

The people for this idea.is to busy thinking " yeah now I can dodge poe teams and climb up " but what they are not thinking about is now everyone can see their team and they can actually be dropped to worse ranks. Some of the really good toons that people use are almost completely worthless when ai uses them.

Why did CG do this? It's simple. Now people will do their 5 battles and see the teams in front of them. They hope you'll notice its an easy win and you'll start spending crystals to refresh to jump up, which makes others use crystals to refesh to keep their rank. I'm surprised no one has noticed that yet.
  • Options
    Good
    IMO they fixed it to the way it should have always been. After all, we get to see the full team in GW, so why not arena. The only people crying here are those who have super strong toons but don't really have that high power rating
  • Options
    Good
    More information is always better.
  • Options
    Bad
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    More information is always better.
    ...if you're trying to snipe Poe-less teams.

Love & Kisses,
    The Poebots

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Bad
    I vote for Bad.. In Arena the most fun is you dont know which team you going to fight with. . So picking your enemy is a critical.

Of course once you get to top 100 you probably familiar with your enemy's team.
  • Options
    Bad
    Bump for more answers
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Bad
    I vote for very bad . You already know your enemy team in GW why ruin the arena. Arena should be a place that required strategy. Every attack should be critical and use wisely that mean you are so confident your team can destroy any enemy regardless what team they use.

It will kill the purpose if I know my enemy's team.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Bad
    No one should be able to see your chars stars or gear level. That should be the user's eyes only. Once the number #1 guy finds a good set up everyone else will just copy it.
  • Options
    Bad
    With the current meta is really, really, bad for those who don't have Poe. No poe=target.
    They will see how their rank drops dramatically.
    And for those, as myself, who do have Poe but didn't want to play him are without an option now. We'll have to make a place for him in order to keep our ranks. Meaning even less diversity.

So now you'll get to see even more Poes on arena. IMO this is really bad for the game, at least with the current meta, which won't be going anywhere soon.
  • Options
    I don't like your poll, where's my other option
    You guys didn't write down names ? (guys with Poe, guys with strong dps etc)
  • Options
    Other
    I'm at the top of my ladder and I know everyone's comp like the back of my hand by now. I don't run Poe and Beat 2x Poe teams today to finish first for the 4th time in 7 days.

I can see it being a bad thing for non-Poe teams further down though.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Bad
    I feel bad for all the no-Poe teams I (and everyone else) am gonna destroy to climb the arena ladder...
  • Options
    Good
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Good intention, but perhaps poor execution.

Even if there were an option to set a defense team, do you think it would have much of a chance when CG gave even more edge to the offense? Let's also not kid ourselves that there is a true defense team which can withstand the current high speed, high damage meta. Right now, the best defense is a good offense plus Poe...

Yup, I agree with you that the balance of the game is screwed up right now with big hitters having too high speed. That should be on top of their list in game balance and bug fixes. But does that mean we should sit on all improvements to the game and new content of the balance isn't fixed yet? Getting game balance done right is very difficult especially in a game where new characters are added often. I hope they continue to develop the game and improve balance in parallel.
  • Options
    Good
    I love it for offense as I love to build teams based on opponents so it is fun for me. Plus when I get beat I like to know b what, seeing exactly what they were is awesome for me.

The thing I dislike on it is that it does allow the "picking on" of non cookie cutter teams and weaker ones. No way to hide a surprise in there.
  • Options
    Good
    I think you should be able to see teams. It brings more strategy to the game. However, at the same time we should be able to set our defense and change it throughout the day as well as see our win-loss record on offense and defense for each day. Letting someone see your team without the option to change defense and see your record puts defense at a huge disadvantage.
  • Options
    Bad
    Bump for more votes
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Good
    I think its good because now you can strategics on how to beat a bunch of scripted AI with the power of focus fire on your $1500+ account.

• Options
    Bad
    this patch is making me farm poe right now

all my energy is going towards gearing him up

i will not survive without a poe as non-poe teams will get targeted first
  • comandaben
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good
    I (seemingly) might be in the minority, i'm actually quite looking forward to seeing what other teams have gear and character wise.

The reason being that i can better choose teams that are weak against my Arena lineup, i have a decently diverse roster but currently run a mixed Phasma lead Droid team (it works somehow haha)

This means i can more easily pick off teams that have jedi in them and hopefully avoid teams that have Dooku (i also have a Lumi to heal my glass cannons).

As long as i'm in the top 500 i don't really mind a whole lot, although i am hovering around 100-200 on my Arena shard presently.

What probably concerns me more is that apparently they are removing the ability to refresh your arena opponents, meaning that either

A> You must pick from 3 select opponents or
    B> constantly exit Arena to shuffle Arena opponents

If this is the case it will probably be harder for my team to get to a higher spot, simply that i normally pick the enemy character who is the highest possible rank to fight each time.
  • Options
    Bad
    I dont like it, because if your on the top spots you can remeber what other players play, and you can kind of sneak in, what makes it much more active even if your a bit down in Power.
    But now you dont you dont even have to think first what could I be facing behint that leader? am I able to beat that?
  • Options
    Bad
    Eventually, we lose some sense of intrigue and suspense, but moreover - ruin a wish to hide our opponent's toon selection for battle... so, I don't like it, but the dev's efforts are welcomed :)
    cheers from Ukraine! and may the force b with u!
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Bad
    I don't like it. Defense should have this slight upperhand since they are the ones being attacked by everyone that is of a lower rank than them. If the defender surprises the attacker with a new team, the attacker just has to wait less than 10minutes, adjust their team and attack again.
This discussion has been closed.