Are Vader Shards being limited to users that are close to leveling him up?

Prev13
Customer service advised another post regarding this issue on this forum. It seems as though Vader shards are no longer showing up in fleet shipments, and have not for a month for me. The occasional shard will show up in the shard shop. A large number of my guild members are still showing him several times a week. However there are a number that are commenting that they have noticed a drastic reduction of them as they get closer to 6 or 7 stars. There are a number of users on SWGOH forums here, as well as other boards such as reddit complaining of the same issue. Customer support advised that the forum would be the only way this issue was solved. I hope to have someone take this seriously. The amount of money people have invested in this game, would be poorly spent if they were getting there characters throttled or reduced, based on how close they are to leveling them up. Thanks for response ahead of time

Replies

• Options
    This happened to me also. Took about 3 weeks after zetaing vader to find the last shards I needed.
  • Options
    This is simply a myth. Fleet shipments and shard shop are both RNG dependent for shards and gear, with Vader being rare and Grievous being even more rare. No changes have been made to fleet shipments since its inception, and likewise with Vader shards in shard shop. All this means is you're having back luck, not that EA is manipulating RNG
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    so customer service wants us forum users to their dirty work? smh
    i also think it's a myth.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Incorrect, I have spent a large number of refreshes on this. Additionally, I have seen Grievous shards several times a week. If i was interested in Grievous, I would have easily had him almost unlocked or unlocked at this point, since the last time I saw vader in fleet shipments.
  • Options
    I noticed they were more scarce once I only needed 15 more to 7* took forever to get them, now they are there every day
  • Options
    Jawa_pawpaw, every player I have in my guild that have gotten him to 7 stars have complained about the same thing. As well they also commented as soon as he was at 7* all of the sudden he would show up frequently again.
  • Options
    It's called a conspiracy
  • Options
    Chop this post up to a conspiracy since all I ever see is Vader shards but I can never afford the **** things. My experience contradicts your whole post.
  • Options
    Or just greed, and easy algorithms to reduce frequency to increase the number of dollars spent.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Chop this post up to a conspiracy since all I ever see is Vader shards but I can never afford the **** things. My experience contradicts your whole post.

"they" know you can't afford them.

and the plot thickens
    883800.gif
  • Options
    I find your lack faith disturbing
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I got him to 7*.
  • Options
    Well whats unfortunate, is the fact that there are a large number of people with this issue. And the company responding by advising to post in forums repeatedly on one issue, and I have yet to see a developer respond to any one.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It's been awhile since we've had one of these threads

giphy.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Well whats unfortunate, is the fact that there are a large number of people with this issue. And the company responding by advising to post in forums repeatedly on one issue, and I have yet to see a developer respond to any one.

they probably won't respond, i wouldn't get my hopes up atleast.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jawa_pawpaw, every player I have in my guild that have gotten him to 7 stars have complained about the same thing. As well they also commented as soon as he was at 7* all of the sudden he would show up frequently again.

Google the words "confirmation bias". Your answer, you will find. ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Agreed, Leef. But worth a try.
  • Options
    I would disagree, based on the fact there have been a significant number of people with the same complaint. But thanks for the opinion.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Or just greed, and easy algorithms to reduce frequency to increase the number of dollars spent.

Or, try Googling "Occam's Razor" since you didn't like confirmation bias.

I have a 7* Vader. Bought the last 5 in fleet shipments, a few hours after getting 1 from GW. Sorry if my facts don't help your hypothesis.

• Options
    A watched pot never boils.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I like your new avatar pic though, OP. :)

• Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    I'm not saying it's not the case for some people, but for me I had him at 6* (about midway through) and I've been buying most shards from ships when I see him and he's now 75/100 (inc. a few from shard shop).

He is rare for me but I see him usually every 2-3 days (I don't refresh), normally either 12pm GMT or around 9pm GMT
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Happened to me with Vader, Rex, Bistan, Echo, and with Slave1, Rex ship, and Plo Koon ship...more than a coincidence lol. Im still 4 shards away from slave one, only 4 prints in the past month or so

There are many threads about it, so, nothing new, just suck it up and be patient till it comes around.
    I was able to farm a 4 star Geospy ship, and a geospy from scratch in the time i was waiting/hoping for Bobbas ship to reappear.
  • Options
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's not the case for some people, but for me I had him at 6* (about midway through) and I've been buying most shards from ships when I see him and he's now 75/100 (inc. a few from shard shop).

He is rare for me but I see him usually every 2-3 days (I don't refresh), normally either 12pm GMT or around 9pm GMT

Its usually when you zoom in on 100, or on unlocking, or at least thats what happened to me, and the other guys i chat with about that
  • Options
    Nozone2016 wrote: »

Its usually when you zoom in on 100, or on unlocking, or at least thats what happened to me, and the other guys i chat with about that

Ah right, I'll keep my eye out.

That said I've had similar problems with Bistan U-Wing (it went through phases of not showing up) and Slave 1 (same)
  • Options
    It's just because you're close that you notice. No one cares when they're at 15/100.
  • Options
    It took me a year to get Vader to 7*. It'll happen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The evil genius Dave from accounting strikes again!!!!

Everyone grab your tinfoil hats.
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    Options
    They still give shards. For me though, him and darth maul and their ships only show up during the daytime hours. I usually play at night after reset and then hardly play throughout the day as you use up your arena battles you have to wait 24 hours until reset. So I figure no point going on during the day...but when I have day shift I get both showing up in the shop...sometimes have two Vaders at a time.