Will you unlock new challenge character?

Prev1
It seems there is a lot of scrambling for a team of Jedi for the next week or so. Will it be enough for you to unlock the new character, or will you wait until it rolls around again? I don't think I'll make it.

Replies

• Options
    It will be close. Maybe even like one character star close lol. But we will see. I'm going to try. At worst next time for sure.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Gonna be close for me to. If they bring back a Jedi pack or the release gets pushed to the end of next week, I might squeak in before the end of the challenge week.
  • Options
    Depends on how much time we have. If we have a few weeks then yes I should be able to do it. If it's next week I think I will be at least one 5* star Jedi short.
  • Options
    Should have 3x7*
    And 2x6*
  • Ewakawaka
    129 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm trying to level to 69 to farm my last 40 shards to get a 5* Barris. That would give me 5 at 5. Trying not to pull the trigger and use arena currency on EK. Gonna be close, if I fail my only consolation is I will have 5 at 7 next time it. Comes around and no arena coins spent on EK.
  • Options
    Most likely NOT... Playing bout a month now JC is my only Jedi and he is only 3* now... Maybe they will offer the Jedi bundle again... I would save $$$ toget it this time, Mace sounds like he will be fun now.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Definitely will not have 5 at 5*. Maybe the second time around and most likely the third.
  • Options
    By the third time, I might have them all at 6 star.
  • Options
    I'll have 4 7* Jedi and 1 6* Jedi when it rolls out. I decided to go against the meta and do an all Jedi team. Got an early Ima and farmed JC, Mace, Lumi and Ahsoka. Ima is hard to star up, so I am pumping all I can into Eeth Koth right now.

Im a small P2P guy. Got a lucky pull (Ima) and decided to go with it. Mace is a F2P Jedi who sucks, but I farmed him anyways. Looks like he gets a buff and I already 7* him, so he is challenge ready. Guess I got lucky.
  • Options
    Luckily, I will.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Should have all 5 5 stars except 7 star lumi
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    7*lumi / jc / Ashoka

5*bariss / mace

3* qui / jedi knight / kit fisto

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Yes I should be able to get to five 5* jedis by late next week.
  • Options
    Doubtful if its too soon. They need to give us at least two weeks imo
  • Options
    I won't make it the first time, maybe if I start farming I could complete up to the 4* tiers but the new toon will unlock at 5*, so most likely for the next round.

The 7* will take a while for me too.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    I don't like this event. Its specifically designed to coax players into spending money to get a team ready in time. The gap keeps widening between P2W anf F2P
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Hoping to make it. 6* lumi and jc. 4* Jinn, Windu and Guardian. Might come up short on the guardian.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't like this event. Its specifically designed to coax players into spending money to get a team ready in time. The gap keeps widening between P2W anf F2P

Possibly. Although it is encouraging that they have already announced that the challenge will reappear. Hopefully on a regular schedule so people can slowly make progress on acquiring and leveling the hero without spending any money. There are more than 5 farmable Jedi as you well know.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

They are going to run it again weeks later and perhaps more times, the post wasn't clear but seemed to imply it would be off and on for a while anyway. So the whales and framers with have the new one first like always. But I don't see the hate for this unless the hero is as broken as Poe.
  • Options
    It is not just farming enough shards to get 5 Jedi's to 5+ stars.

Assume most have Lumi and JC, they need 3 more.
    Each toon needs 1.5m to go from level 1 to level 6x. That's 10 days worth of clearing GW.
    Then training droids, unless you have been stockpiling, you won't accumulate enough to level 3 toons from 1 to max.
    Lastly, ability mats, to bring ability to level 6, each toons needs dozens, there is no way you can get that many.

Therefore getting 5 Jedi's is quite possible, but to fully train them to be competitive is impossibly in 7-10 days.
  • Options
    Depends on the difficulty of the nodes. I will have 5 7* Jedis till next week.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    It is not just farming enough shards to get 5 Jedi's to 5+ stars.

Assume most have Lumi and JC, they need 3 more.
    Each toon needs 1.5m to go from level 1 to level 6x. That's 10 days worth of clearing GW.
    Then training droids, unless you have been stockpiling, you won't accumulate enough to level 3 toons from 1 to max.
    Lastly, ability mats, to bring ability to level 6, each toons needs dozens, there is no way you can get that many.

Therefore getting 5 Jedi's is quite possible, but to fully train them to be competitive is impossibly in 7-10 days.

True but it's equally impossible to know today if you will need maxed gear and abilities to complete the trials. It is a good guess though, at least for the 6-7* rounds. I'm betting you'll be ok with 6*\7* JC and Lumi and 3 other 5* not max leveled characters to get through stages 4 and probably 5.
  • Options
    I'm not even trying. As f2p trying to spread my resources around to try and qualify isn't realistic. The key to being f2p is being patient and not trying to play the same game the paying players are.
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'll have atleast 5 5* first time around, and probably really close to 5 7* the second, Hopefully i'd be done cuz QGJ

Only thing I might very well lack is purple mats
  • Options
    I've spent a bit on chromium cards since the game started.
    My current Jedi position is ...

Luminara 7*
    Jedi Consular 5*
    Aayla Secura 5*
    Old Ben - 4*
    Anakin - 4*
    Jedi Guardian 4*
    Eeth Koth 4*
    QGJ - 3*

My thought is that i'll be able to have a 5* team of Luminara, JC, Aayla, JG and Eeth Koth by the time the event starts.

The 7* section is going to be more of a challenge for next time because i can't level up Aayla and Ben anymore. I should probably stop JG at 5* and switch to QGJ.

• Options
    I have 4 jedis at 7 stars... Barris is 5 stars, 120 shards to go! 2 weeks max to finish her. My cantina level 6 are unlocked, so I think I will be able to play the stage 7 of the event.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    I have : Lumi 7* , Jc 6* , ahsoka 4* (10/65) , Qgj 3* (16/30) , eeth (20/50) so i don't think i can finish them till the chalenge :(
  • elFlaco
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maybe. I'm ten shards from 5* jc, thirty from 5* qgj. The problem is the sixty-something shards I need to get bariss and Mace to 5*. Lumi is already at 6*. It might be easier if I skip bariss and go for jkg, she also needs sixty-something shards.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure. Will be close, depends on RNG for hard nodes I think