Akbar capital ship challenge - tier V

Prev13
Hi,

I can't pass the last Akbar capital ship challenge to get him to 6*.
What team did you use to succeed tier V ?

My ships are all 5* and level 78 (no more money to level them up further) : Plo Koon, Fives, Ahsoka, Jedi Consular, Biggs and Wedge on backup.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    RNG. I used those ships. Rotating the taunt with Plo Koon special
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    It's not just you... even at 6-7* it was a pain.

I think it took me 30+ attempts.

Basically I would just retreat if I lost any ship during their first salvo.

Eventually you will hit a match where the AI doesn't re-enforce and you can finish.

Target JC/Ashoka first... Rex is pointless as he will just heal himself and others each turn, Clone SGT has too much health as well. Try and attack different ships and see how the AI reacts.

As ElBarto said, use your republic ships to survive though the first salvo. That was pretty critical if I remember.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    So basically, I have to try and try again and hope that RNGesus is with me :(
  • Options
    I run Ahsoka, Biggs, Wedge, JC, RP, and 5s. All lvl 80 and 6*. Still can't beat it. Do I really need Plo? I don't even have his toon.
  • Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    I run Ahsoka, Biggs, Wedge, JC, RP, and 5s. All lvl 80 and 6*. Still can't beat it. Do I really need Plo? I don't even have his toon.

Biggs/Wedge 6* lvl 85, Snipps 5* lvl 83, Consular 5* lvl 85, Poe 5* lvl 85, Reserve: 5s 5* lvl 70, Bistan 5* lvl 70, Reb Pilot 5* lvl 30(not that he contributes much but he is there).... all toons max geared and lvl 85. Over 150 attempts and haven't even come close.
  • Options

Biggs/Wedge 6* lvl 85, Snipps 5* lvl 83, Consular 5* lvl 85, Poe 5* lvl 85, Reserve: 5s 5* lvl 70, Bistan 5* lvl 70, Reb Pilot 5* lvl 30(not that he contributes much but he is there).... all toons max geared and lvl 85. Over 150 attempts and haven't even come close.

Same. My rebels/resistance ships just don't do enough damage
  • Options

Yeah, so it says level 82 is recommened. They don't have a clue about their own game. It's quite silly. You'd think they'd play it, if nothing else to see if they are accurate in their statements, but they don't have a clue. Maybe they're too busy playing FIFA to give a rat's @**** if they're lying or not. Level 82 is a joke they play on you. Ha ha, yep we're all laughing.
  • SARC
    134 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't tried for awhile as I haven't come close to passing this but finally got it today.

Ran Biggs, Wedge, JC, Ashoka, Umbaran. All ships level 85 6-7 start except Umbaran (54) which I just used for target lock. Characters gear X

Was able to take out Ashoka/JC fairly quickly. It is complete luck. Not once did the AI reinforce or use Mace's protection taunt. I was able to get a target lock to get protection on Biggs. Biggs almost got blown away but right when he was real low I'd be able to use JC buff or Biggs assisted on Ackbar's single volley.

• Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Just managed to beat it with the same ships/level sarc used + plo. I had been trying with plo in the starting 5 but swapped him to reserve for wedge for more initial burst. I kept retreating until I was able to burn down rex. From there it was Ashoka then JC. Luckily no reinforcements came and ended up not even needing plo. Good luck.
  • Options
    I definitely think 5* is too weak, but of course it matters more what your gear looks like.
  • Options
    I just beat this yesterday I used

5* level 77 Home One w/ G11 Ackbar
    6* level 85 Biggs Ship w/ G11 Biggs
    6* level 80 Ahsoka's Ship w/ G10 Ahsoka
    5* level 75 FivesShip w/ G10 Fives
    5* level 75 Plo Koon's Ship w/ G9 Plo Koon
    7* level 85 Jedi Counselar's Ship w G9 JC

Reinforcements

6* level 75 Wedge's Ship w/ G11 Wedge
    6* level 75 Genosian Soldier's Ship w/ G11 GS
    5* level 75 First Order Tie Pilot's Ship w/ G11 FotP

I found I was consistantly being obliterated everytime I destroyed Rex's ship first. Even though it seemed counter intuitive when I finally decided to save Rex's ship for last I won and only lost one ship Biggs.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    I must've tried this 100 with similar comps to the above. Still no luck. It just seems crazy RNG dependant. Which is just silly.
  • Options
    I managed to beat it too ... with the same squad as mentioned in first post but i brought every ships to level 80.
    RNG was with me : no reinforcements from IA !!
  • Options
    I survive the first round and many rounds after that, but the AI always reinforces.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I survive the first round and many rounds after that, but the AI always reinforces.

This. And I'm really not understanding this event. I have 5 level 82/84 6* (and 2 7*) ships - and can't even come close. I usually lose 1 in the opening volley - then retreat and try again. In the rare circumstances where I don't lose 1, I take out JC & Ahsoka, but the AI ALWAYS reinforces and I can't even take all the protection off of one of the ARCs - let alone 3 or 4.

I've probably tried about 50+ times in the past week. Tips are appreciated.

ETA: Nevermind. I give up. So I did this:

lx7mXr.gif

I win.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. And I'm really not understanding this event. I have 5 level 82/84 6* (and 2 7*) ships - and can't even come close. I usually lose 1 in the opening volley - then retreat and try again. In the rare circumstances where I don't lose 1, I take out JC & Ahsoka, but the AI ALWAYS reinforces and I can't even take all the protection off of one of the ARCs - let alone 3 or 4.

I've probably tried about 50+ times in the past week. Tips are appreciated.

ETA: Nevermind. I give up. So I did this:

lx7mXr.gif

I win.

:D I'm dying!
    But seriously...
    THIS! I'm in the exact same boat... It's ridiculous...
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I just beat this yesterday I used

5* level 77 Home One w/ G11 Ackbar
    6* level 85 Biggs Ship w/ G11 Biggs
    6* level 80 Ahsoka's Ship w/ G10 Ahsoka
    5* level 75 FivesShip w/ G10 Fives
    5* level 75 Plo Koon's Ship w/ G9 Plo Koon
    7* level 85 Jedi Counselar's Ship w G9 JC

Reinforcements

6* level 75 Wedge's Ship w/ G11 Wedge
    6* level 75 Genosian Soldier's Ship w/ G11 GS
    5* level 75 First Order Tie Pilot's Ship w/ G11 FotP

I found I was consistantly being obliterated everytime I destroyed Rex's ship first. Even though it seemed counter intuitive when I finally decided to save Rex's ship for last I won and only lost one ship Biggs.

You used a geo soldier and FOTP? How that work out for you? Haha.

I just did this battle, and it came down to them having one clone ship left, and I had ahsoka, j-con, and bistan left. I used ackbars tm boosting special, for two hits on the clone, then they wiped me. Sigh. That's the closest I've ever been. But screw that. Done for today.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs G10(85)
    Wedge G10(85)
    Ashoka G10(73)
    5's G9(78)
    JC G8(73)
    Resistance Pilot G8(66)
    Sergeant lvl 51 G7(48)

Survive onslaught, if you lose a ship, start over. For me 5's would go first, I'd hit Ashoka (with target lock); then Biggs would go; and Id use the call for assist (2nd option) and get her down lower, JC would go and call assist and add the extra protection. I would then use Ashoka and remove that protection with her special ability, then finish it off with Wedge. Usually Mace would follow up with an AOE, if he summons another JC, or gives an immediate taunt/protection to Clone Sgt; its usually a loss, unless 5's can remove it on his basic if he's next.

After that I would attack JC with JC, and use either Wedge (for extra dmg), or Biggs (to get some protection back, and if you get target lock all the better!). One more attack usually finished off JC, again if he single shots or AOE's all the better, then work on Rex. Biggs will usually be gone by now and 5's on his way. Its now a race to get down the remaining clone sergeants before Mace summons more Clones or JC's.
  • Taxman
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Finally completed it today with

Ahsoka 85 7* G10
    Wedge 85 7* g11
    Biggs 85 7* g11
    Jc 80 6* G9
    Bistan 80 5* g11/G7
    Clone serg 73 5* g6

Rng gods smiled on me and AI only reinforced once.

I agree with taking out opposing JC and ahsoka first. I also saved ahsoka's buff cleanse to get rid of the taunt/crit immunity. If you have to spend ages with no crits I think you'll struggle to win

Overall though I think it comes down to a lot of RNG luck!
  • Options
    The first few times I tried I got wiped out. So I promoted and leveled my ships.

I still lost decisively. I got all my six ships to lvl 75, 6*, g8 pilots. Still get wiped out.

I get my fleet to 140k power and I get wiped out.

I level up a ship, try again, and the AI acts like it's neutered. I wipe out 3 ships before it reinforced. I finally won. Doesn't make sense, right? That's how I beat the stage, though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently I need to report a bug - I have smart AI. I have played it over 30 times this morning - as soon as I finish destroying Ahsoka and JC, the AI reinforces. Every time. Can I have bugged, crappy AI please?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Apparently I need to report a bug - I have smart AI. I have played it over 30 times this morning - as soon as I finish destroying Ahsoka and JC, the AI reinforces. Every time. Can I have bugged, **** AI please?

Whoa whoa WHOA! That is def a game breaking bug, you should report that immediately. I'd of gotten no where with a smart AI. What does CG think they are trying to pull?!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Apparently I need to report a bug - I have smart AI. I have played it over 30 times this morning - as soon as I finish destroying Ahsoka and JC, the AI reinforces. Every time. Can I have bugged, **** AI please?

Whoa whoa WHOA! That is def a game breaking bug, you should report that immediately. I'd of gotten no where with a smart AI. What does CG think they are trying to pull?!

lol - and just like that, I win. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

lol - and just like that, I win. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

WOOT WOOT! Gratz!
  • Options
    ok so same here. must have played about 70 times in a row.. finally got decent rng where it took it's time to reinforce. thanks all for sharing and encouraging. or I would have given up completely !
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This is absolutely the most infuriating battle in the entire game. I use to like ships but if winning has nothing to do with strategy but rolling the dice enough where the ai makes horrible decisions and you win by technicality, the game feature is broken. It should be difficult, but with all 7* ships g10-11 pilots and upgraded skills it should be obtainable with out having to get my ipad replaced because i broke it in half with my bare hands through anger. Now i understand why every one hates ships. Additonally, how can i field the exact same ships as the opponent and i am target locked multiple times in the first round but for me to get a target lock it requires an act of god. Sorry just venting because at the level of my ships i should destroy anything the game can throw at me
  • Twilightfox
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Finally defeated this with these ships: lvl 75 Home One; 78 Jedi Const.; 75 Clone Sgt., Biggs, Wedge, Umbaran, Bistan, Resistance (all 5*, except 4* Umbaran and Bistan). Changed around which ships were in reinforcements but don't know if that made a difference.
  • Options
    Level 81 HomeOne
    lvl 82: 7* Biggs
    lvl 80: 7* Ahsoka
    lvl 80: 7* Wedge
    lvl 80: 6* JC
    lvl 80: 6* Umbaran

Reinforcements:
    lvl 80: 6* resistance X-wing

I've gotten them down to 2 ships on my best attempt, but they resist all my attacks, I can never get target lock other than with Umbaran, and they basically destroy one ship on the opening volley or one is almost gone. This and 9b are both **** ridiculous.
  • Options
    Finally defeated this with these ships: lvl 75 Home One; 78 Jedi Const.; 75 Clone Sgt., Biggs, Wedge, Umbaran, Bistan, Resistance (all 5*, except 4* Umbaran and Bistan). Changed around which ships were in reinforcements but don't know if that made a difference.

This **** me off... because I have way more upgraded ships than this, yet I'm not even close.
  • Options
    So people really have had them not reinforce or use their special? Because, I just had a run where mace used his taunt 3 times and his immunity special 2 times before Akbars special was off cooldown.