New Low on Galactic War

Prev1
So I actually thought Galactic war was getting better until today as I had completed it 3/4 last days. I proceeded without a scratch up until node 6 and then got put up against this team:

L80 Baze g11, L77 B2 g9, L79 Chiru g10, L80 Biggs g10 & L80 Wedge g11

At node 6???? Seriously! I still wouldn't have been able to beat that team at Node 12 let alone half way through Galactic war.

I am L81 and this is my available list of characters:

https://swgoh.gg/u/turgongw/collection/

Needless to say, I lost every worthwhile character I own and only managed to take down Wedge. Against this type of team, with the characters I have, what would have been the best approach? Bearing in mind that before this battle, I had used the following, so these had turn meter advantage:

Baris / Vader / Bobba / TFP & RG

This is undoubtedly the worst Galactic War I have faced in ages and I can't remember a time i didn't get to at least node 10 - This one just takes the ****. Now, because Chiru and Baze were only 5*, and they weren't all L85, this team was probably on par with mine power wise, but power doesn't really give a true implication of a squads actual viability and strength as we can see here.

Any advice would be appreciated if I am unlucky enough to come up against this team again in GW? I understand that I need to broaden my roster and level up my characters - I am working on this, but what can I do now with the toons I have, to combat a team like this?

Thanks!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!

Replies

• vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    giphy.gif

I faced a zqgj zyoda GK jka aayla at node 11 and has to use two teams to clear it. At 6 had a weaker zqgj team. Still no **** from me about it. Just need to develop better teams.
  • Options
    As I said.. I am aware that I need to develop my character base, but
    vessaharja wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I faced a zqgj zyoda GK jka aayla at node 11 and has to use two teams to clear it. At 6 had a weaker zqgj team. Still no **** from me about it. Just need to develop better teams.

Helpful advice as always - Thanks for that /endSarcasm

As i said - I know I need to develop my character base and get a stronger roster - I'm not a ****. But as I also said, I am looking for advice on beating that team with what I have until I have said wider range of characters.

Jesus ****.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Use a weak team for decoy so Biggs and Wedge use their special skill in first turn.

So without special skill in next round may help you.

Kill Wedge first then your A or B team can win them much easier.
  • Options
    If you're not already, use all your different teams on the first few battles. By the end of each battle, a few of the characters should have some TM left, so they won't get out-ran by characters like Wiggs.

As a bit of advice, I'd suggest using EP against teams with Biggs. Shock shuts him down very hard, which removes a lot of a Wiggs team's potential power.
  • Options
    I frequently face a monster team on node six. Not every time, but often enough. I finally quit worrying about beating GW. Just quit caring.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    You don't have to sacrifice 5 heroes, you can put in one or two losers in first to absorb the triple hit from wiggs. Then put up a better roster on your next go at it. Good luck.
  • Options
    ^ THIS. Just print out a dev's face on paper and punch it every time GW is getting to you.
  • Options
    Wait until you get to lv 85. The you'll see those teams in node 6,9,10(semi strong), 11 and 12 like me. GW was not meant for you to be able to run thru with one team. Its meant to use more than one, up to your whole roster.
  • Options
    That's funny i remember having a very difficult node 6 around that level. If you have any trouble in the last node throw an unmodded old ben on your team and let him die. He gives you a ton of buffs.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Get a zader/empire team and auto battle GW (except for the really hard nodes perhaps).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like your roster is the way mine was a while back...unfocused. It happens to all of us. Here are a few general tips...though I realize you may have tried them.

1) Don't try to clear with a single team. Use the first 2-3 nodes to build up your own TM. That should give you an advantage when these difficult nodes come up. And try to use weaker toons for the weaker nodes.
    2) The team you were using doesn't have much in the way of damage dealers. You need to put damage down quick against that type of team. Try to develop a few of that type of toon to help.
    3) Shore may be a better tank in that scenario than RG. Wiggs can just shoot right through an RG autotaunt. Shore should be able to absorb the triple hit.
    4) You can always sacrifice a weak toon or 2 to the first Wiggs triple shot. But be careful, as that eliminates the TM advantage you had. Also, have to be careful with Biggs as he gets 100% TM on crits.
    5) Make frequent use of retreats. Try different scenarios. If you get in trouble and can't retreat on time, force close the app. Same result.

Hope some of that helps. Good luck.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    My GW got super hard all of a sudden. I was clearing it on auto with a Sith team and then cleanup with Wiggs on the last node. Now my node 6 and 9 are insane...
  • Options
    Yeah I got stuck with one similar also except I had boba instead of b2.
  • Options
    You need a dispeller to go against that team.

If you wait until Baze's first turn is over you will have lost all TM advantage and Wiggs will have undoubtedly deleted someone from your squad by then, in which case Baze will just taunt again.

Mace and Echo are your only dispellers at the moment (I know Boba can with Execute but you really need to save that to take care of Chirrut).

If you can have a dispeller TM loaded and ready to go, that's all you really need them even if they are weak.

Stun Wedge if possible, ability block Chirrut and let some HOT's rack up. Take out Chirrut first followed by Wedge, Biggs/B2, and Baze last.

I'm thinking Rex lead will probably work best.

With B2 on that team, if you are lucky he will crit and give your team extra TM.

It would be tough, but that's about the best I can recommend with that roster. Something like this:

Rex Lead
    Echo
    RG
    Boba Fett
    TFP
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Looks like your roster is the way mine was a while back...unfocused. It happens to all of us. Here are a few general tips...though I realize you may have tried them.

1) Don't try to clear with a single team. Use the first 2-3 nodes to build up your own TM. That should give you an advantage when these difficult nodes come up. And try to use weaker toons for the weaker nodes.
    2) The team you were using doesn't have much in the way of damage dealers. You need to put damage down quick against that type of team. Try to develop a few of that type of toon to help.
    3) Shore may be a better tank in that scenario than RG. Wiggs can just shoot right through an RG autotaunt. Shore should be able to absorb the triple hit.

Thanks for the advice - Regarding building turn meter - I am still unsure on how this carries over to the next battle. For instance, say I used Team B in Node 1, then switched to Team C in Node 2, and then back to Team B in Node 3 - Would Team B still have a TM advantage or would I have to suffer?

And regarding ST - I have tried him, but he still seems a little squishy, I think he will not prove truly effective until I gear him up further.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    nvm wrong thing
    Post edited by Olga on
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Turgon, you don't have many options.
    Phasma lead is the only thing you might want to try. The problem is you don't have a dispeller in your roster. You end up stuck at Baze while Wigg picks you off. Good dispellers are Nihilus, QGJ, Baze, and B2. They are still good for long term arena.

The other tactic is to save Boba ability block for node 6. At least with bounty hunters resolve you can target either Biggs or chirrut and hope they both get AB. It will give you at least a second round to work something out.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Gavstar wrote: »
    The problem is you don't have a dispeller in your roster. You end up stuck at Baze while Wigg picks you off. Good dispellers are Nihilus, QGJ, Baze, and B2. They are still good for long term arena.

This
  • Options
    I understand your frustration; I get this combo at level 85 and G11 quite often. They are still tricky even with good dispelers, but as previous posters suggested, this is the only way to defeat them. I appreciate you actually being constructive and asking how to defeat this team rather then just raging about how unfair GW is. It was a breath of fresh air.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Lol what was the name of the team you faced in Node 11? Sounds like my old Arena team. :D
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »

Thanks for the advice - Regarding building turn meter - I am still unsure on how this carries over to the next battle. For instance, say I used Team B in Node 1, then switched to Team C in Node 2, and then back to Team B in Node 3 - Would Team B still have a TM advantage or would I have to suffer?

And regarding ST - I have tried him, but he still seems a little squishy, I think he will not prove truly effective until I gear him up further.

On the turn meter...yes. Basically, at the beginning of the battle, the amount of turn meter is calculated based on each toons speed. In GW, a characters TM is saved from one battle to the next. When you enter Node 3 with Team B, the turn meter will be calculated and ADDED to the amount of TM the toons had at the end of Node 1. Droids are really good at this, as under HK they gain 50% TM on a critical hit. So 86 kills the last opponent with a crit, and has 50% TM already. Next battle, speed is calculated and he's back ready to go. Another crit, another 50% TM. With all the droids doing this, I've had nodes where the opponents don't get a turn.

However, droids would not help you against that team. You will get a lot of turn meter, and may fire off at Baze a lot, but no dispeller means that all you will do is chip away at Baze.

On Shore, the only thing he could do is soak up the initial Wiggs shot. That could be the difference in winning or losing the match at times.
  • Options
    OP, just realized what your name was.

Hail and well met, high king of the Noldor!
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Lol what was the name of the team you faced in Node 11? Sounds like my old Arena team. :D

I forget but that was the nastiest team I've faced in many, many weeks. Can't remember the last time I had to take out a leader with a strike team first and then return to take on the others. Must admit that team was bad ****! zQGJ per se is not an issue but oh boy a 7* GK in the mix. That made it very, very hard. And ofc my b2 just didn't want to dispel anything as the matches are always decided in advance.

• KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I forget but that was the nastiest team I've faced in many, many weeks. Can't remember the last time I had to take out a leader with a strike team first and then return to take on the others. Must admit that team was bad ****! zQGJ per se is not an issue but oh boy a 7* GK in the mix. That made it very, very hard. And ofc my b2 just didn't want to dispel anything as the matches are always decided in advance.

Oh, maybe that wasn't my team because my GK is only 6*, not 7*. Yeah B2 is the way to beat that team. If you run a B2 with an Empire or Sith team then you can really do some damage to zQGJ/zYoda teams. B2 is that team's Kryptonite.

I run Palpy as the 5th on my zQGJ/zYoda/GK team because he can shock B2 and disable his turn meter gain on crits. Gives me more time to take him out of the equation.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    All i have to say to the original post is you just beat it 3 out of the last 4 days. That is good and shouldn't give you reason to complain.

Now if you couldn't beat it at all over the next couple days then yes possibly room for complaint. But you are being greedy because you are 3 for 4 instead of 4 for 4.

You will get there one day bud.
  • Options
    At least they weren't all level 85 gear XI
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    All i have to say to the original post is you just beat it 3 out of the last 4 days. That is good and shouldn't give you reason to complain.

Now if you couldn't beat it at all over the next couple days then yes possibly room for complaint. But you are being greedy because you are 3 for 4 instead of 4 for 4.

You will get there one day bud.

^This.

I don't get why this post is getting any sympathy. It's how games work. It's how RNG works. You won't win everytime and it's okay. Its not cause for alarm bells.

Like others have said you need to build more than one squad that can compete.

Also have a few soaker squads that can just go in to die and absorb the first wave of attacks then put in your heavy hitters.

2 weeks ago I hadn't completed a GW in about 2 months. Now I win about 2 out of 3 I play.

What changed? Got better toons. Upgraded my mains. My second squad can hold there own through most of a GW by themselves. I started using teams just as decoys.

Its not a conspiracy theory that you don't win always. In my case it was horrible toons that couldn't compete. Now it's easy Street.

But regardless the fact you won the few days prior makes this a less constructive post and more of a I feel entitled and I should win always thread. Lord knows this forum has enough of those posts already.

But as always OP I wish you well and good luck winNing everyday from this point forward. XD
  • Options
    My node 6 was 85g10 zmaul 85g11 palps 85g11 zarris 85 g10 zcrylo 85 g10 gk
  • Options
    Speak to me again when you find that Zody Team in Node 6 like i did :-) full gear 11 max Lvl85