Prediction, Sith Assassin combo with Maul lead will nerf

Prev1
Any
428 posts Member
Insane OP

Or if you are not agree, pls tell how to beat it.

Replies

• Options
    I am running Sith Assassin under Zeta Maul, because, yes, it's very nice! But it happens that I lose some fights. Only because I can miss my stun on key characters and give them TM under another Maul (because I think your shard is like mine, full of Maul).

Plus, the devs don't nerf anymore.

So maybe go for Tenacity mods or gear Sith Assassin yourself :D
  • Options
    Speaking of SA, so it's $530 to go from 4* to 7*? (assuming all drops are 5 shards each) :#
  • Options
    SA works fine at just 4* and probably 3* if max gear - she pushes TM and stuns which is not related to star level. Also, she gets foresight a lot and has great general survivability.

As for SA+zDM and Sith setups - Rex leaders + multi-cleanse works very well to defeat it - Chaze + Rex + GK or various combos with Rex as the leader I've seen work at a high level even without GK / Chaze. If you can't go that route, look at tanky zeta characters - zSO or zKylo are great at receiving damage, living, and hitting back with some pop. May need to drop EP...or any non-tanky character in whatever comp you're running.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking of SA, so it's $530 to go from 4* to 7*? (assuming all drops are 5 shards each) :#

Ohhh, so they will never nerf them....

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

@ripthestage

I know he's been ripping sith teams with his squad.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Romao33 wrote: »
    I am running Sith Assassin under Zeta Maul, because, yes, it's very nice! But it happens that I lose some fights. Only because I can miss my stun on key characters and give them TM under another Maul (because I think your shard is like mine, full of Maul).

Yeah, may be... but I run Jedi team now so a long way to farm Maul lead team.

Personally I love Maul lead but due to I'm 100% F2P , Maul 7* and squad are long way to farm to be viable for me.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cg will never nerf anything...They will just keep releasing op toons until the game devours itself alive.
  • Options
    Your problem is jedi. Sith are strong against Jedi. Try droids or Rebels or empire or bounty hunters, basically anything but Jedi
  • Options
    CG and many people on this forum are strong believers in the "buff other toons, not nerf the problem" so instead of fixing the 10 toons that are the problem the 60 that are useless are going to get a buff into relevancy, one month at a time
  • Options
    Any wrote: »

Personally I love Maul lead but due to I'm 100% F2P , Maul 7* and squad are long way to farm to be viable for me.

But that is the great thing about this meta. It's an easy farm. EP you should already have (if not a meta discussion is pointless). Nihilus and SA are free at 3*, and work there. Maul can be farmed from guild store and fleet arena. That's a little slow but is easy. Vader is the hardest to 7* but you don't need him. Sidious, Dooku, and Savage are all simple farms as well. And the gear for the entire squad is probably one of the easier teams to gear. EP and Nihilus are as easy as they come almost. The others are about average. Nothing ridiculous.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead, Zarriss, GK, B2, Boba. It does the job. I have to get really, REALLY rotten RNG to lose on offense against Zaul lead full Sith teams. One has a 7* Nihilus, and a 7* SA. That's a $900 team. I'm probably only a minor annoyance to them when I'm on defense, but I can climb over them for my payout, and that's all I care about.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    CG and many people on this forum are strong believers in the "buff other toons, not nerf the problem" so instead of fixing the 10 toons that are the problem the 60 that are useless are going to get a buff into relevancy, one month at a time

They nerfed Yoda ,lol

They nerfed zVader ,this one I not agree to do. No zVader anymore...? may be not but rarely see in Arena. Only good for Raid.

They nerfed zBariss ,this reasonable as it is insane OP.

You see... nerf happen more often than we think.

• Any
    428 posts Member
    Options

But that is the great thing about this meta. It's an easy farm. EP you should already have (if not a meta discussion is pointless). Nihilus and SA are free at 3*, and work there. Maul can be farmed from guild store and fleet arena. That's a little slow but is easy. Vader is the hardest to 7* but you don't need him. Sidious, Dooku, and Savage are all simple farms as well. And the gear for the entire squad is probably one of the easier teams to gear. EP and Nihilus are as easy as they come almost. The others are about average. Nothing ridiculous.

Are you sure that team viable on arena... my goal is rank1 not top10...

Anyway, good suggestion for my alt account as now I 'm on farm them.
  • HanYolo1313
    456 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I used SA on my Zaul squad and went from 3 to 19 overnight but if I use Boba instead I have not dropped farther than 7. On offense though I don't have any trouble with winning against any team on my shard.
  • Options
    zVader wasn't working as intended. zBarris was a nerf that CG tried to pretend wasn't WAI but that's because it was stupidly game breaking, a rare scenario. And yoda was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away.
  • Options

They nerfed Yoda ,lol

They nerfed zVader ,this one I not agree to do. No zVader anymore...? may be not but rarely see in Arena. Only good for Raid.

z vader and z barriss were fixes not nerfs. their abilities were not working properly so they were fixed to now they are working correctly
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Rex lead, Zarriss, GK, B2, Boba. It does the job. I have to get really, REALLY rotten RNG to lose on offense against Zaul lead full Sith teams. One has a 7* Nihilus, and a 7* SA. That's a $900 team. I'm probably only a minor annoyance to them when I'm on defense, but I can climb over them for my payout, and that's all I care about.

Could you share video on that, I heard that problem of Rex lead is he too slow.

Then useless when face zMaul with Sith Assassin.

• Any
    428 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    zVader wasn't working as intended. zBarris was a nerf that CG tried to pretend wasn't WAI but that's because it was **** game breaking, a rare scenario. And yoda was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away.

No... zVader work as they intend but player claim too much so they nerf. This one is a big mistake for them in my opinion... why nerf zVader... lol

It is nearly impossible that DEV launch it with something they not intend as they have BETA test and many person test that before launch.

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Then useless when facezMaul with Sith Assassin.

I don't have the capacity to do video, but speed doesn't matter. Sith get advantage, and will always crit coming out of stealth. I get instant full TM on all my toons the second one of the Sith does an AoE. If I get bad RNG, and Maul goes first (laying down daze to stop TM gain), then I will still survive long enough to get back on track due to Zarriss giving me free heals every time an opponent crits which, as I mentioned, is every time out of stealth for them. And Kenobi autotaunts on a crit, so he will soak up damage, and get MASSIVE heals from Zarriss due to his large health pool, and her heals being based on ally health. So it takes a round or so to get a cleanse in, but once I due I own the match. Three cleansers means they never stick another debuff the rest of the battle, and every time they crit the feed my whole team TM.
  • Options
    zVader wasn't working as intended. zBarris was a nerf that CG tried to pretend wasn't WAI but that's because it was **** game breaking, a rare scenario. And yoda was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away.

No... zVader work as they intend but player claim too much so they nerf. This one is a big mistake for them in my opinion... why nerf zVader... lol

It is nearly impossible that DEV launch it with something they not intend as they have BETA test and many person test that before launch.

It was double counting classes, same thing happened with Lando lead. And plus, have you ever seen how much known bugs are In this game? It took them months to fix the stealth bug and that's only because their shiny new money toon was affected by it.
  • Options

They nerfed Yoda ,lol

Zader & Zariss were more bug fixes than nerfs. Bariss might be considered a nerf but they also gave everyone their zeta materials back on that 1
  • Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

They nerfed Yoda ,lol

You "think" they are nerfs. Zariss and Zader changed due to them not wai.
    On Zader's case it is pretty clear, since it wasn't doing what it was written on it's description.
    On Zariss' case, every Unique in the game is lost "after" the character dies (can't think of an exception right now), it was pretty clear, hers would go away too.

Are you sure that team viable on arena... my goal is rank1 not top10...

Anyway, good suggestion for my alt account as now I 'm on farm them.

What else do you want to farm? Zaul, Vader, Sidious, Dooku, Savage are all farmable, even level 65 people unlocked Palpatine on my Guild, and everyone already has Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, Nihilus. When geared to max, and modded nicely you can easily get Rank 1 on payouts with a team out of these. Add in a B2 at worse on top of those..
    I am destroying Zauls (with 7* Nihilus, 5* ST in their team) with my Palp Lead everyday and getting Rank 1 on payouts most often than not (Full F2P too here).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Vader was NOT working as intended. Some toons were getting double TM reduction under his leadership. That is one of hundreds, and hundreds of bugs that have slipped past testing. Every update that comes out has a mile long list of bug fixes, and usually adds a few more by accident. We are the beta testers for this game.
  • Options

Um...are we both playing the same game here? I'm pretty sure that there has not been a single content release that hasn't had multiple major bugs that should have been caught by beta testing but were released anyways.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options

Then useless when facezMaul with Sith Assassin.

I don't have the capacity to do video, but speed doesn't matter. Sith get advantage, and will always crit coming out of stealth. I get instant full TM on all my toons the second one of the Sith does an AoE. If I get bad RNG, and Maul goes first (laying down daze to stop TM gain), then I will still survive long enough to get back on track due to Zarriss giving me free heals every time an opponent crits which, as I mentioned, is every time out of stealth for them. And Kenobi autotaunts on a crit, so he will soak up damage, and get MASSIVE heals from Zarriss due to his large health pool, and her heals being based on ally health. So it takes a round or so to get a cleanse in, but once I due I own the match. Three cleansers means they never stick another debuff the rest of the battle, and every time they crit the feed my whole team TM.

Big thank you to clear my doubt, I 'm not familiar with Rex lead and you explain very detail.
  • Options
    Pshaw!!

If you already have a competitively fast Sith team under Zaul, SA doesn't really help you and can in fact mess up turn order.

I have a shardmate that was using SA but it was jacking up when his Nihilus would use Drain Force. His cooldown increase is key and if he goes first it puts too much RNG on whether or not the cooldowns are effected on key opponents.

Using SA seems to primarily be a first turn mechanic and if you are already accustomed to moving second, she is not as much of a threat.

At least from my limited experience with her in arena.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Tharivol

Good point on Zeta issue... you explain well enough to clear my misunderstand.

About farm toons, I'm on Setember 2016 shard so my roster is Jedi at that time.

Maul lead is short notice for me to switch to that team, if I do that it may take about 2 month to make them viable which unacceptable.

And as it swarm with Maul, even on offense ,I'm not so sure that Maul vs Maul will achieved rank1 as I farm them too late.

Glad to hear that F2P achieved rank1 , I convince people that this game is F2P most friendly game but always be lol by people.

Anyway, could you share swgoh.gg of yours... I love to see that for my B team guide or may be A team in future.

• Any
    428 posts Member
    Options

Um...are we both playing the same game here? I'm pretty sure that there has not been a single content release that hasn't had multiple major bugs that should have been caught by beta testing but were released anyways.

Ahhh, beta testers should read these....
  • Options
    Nah they won't nerf. Will be newer, more op combos.

• Options
    SA works fine at just 4* and probably 3* if max gear - she pushes TM and stuns which is not related to star level. Also, she gets foresight a lot and has great general survivability.

As for SA+zDM and Sith setups - Rex leaders + multi-cleanse works very well to defeat it - Chaze + Rex + GK or various combos with Rex as the leader I've seen work at a high level even without GK / Chaze. If you can't go that route, look at tanky zeta characters - zSO or zKylo are great at receiving damage, living, and hitting back with some pop. May need to drop EP...or any non-tanky character in whatever comp you're running.

So in your view a 4* SA or ST would be viable in either a Zaul or Zihilus lead? Frankly I would rather drop cash to expedite gearing than getting them to 7* lol